Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:26:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: artforz and coblee gpu mining litecoin since the start?  (Read 32573 times)
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 02:52:31 PM

IMHO I believe this can all be possible and true.

After all ArtForz WAS mining like 60 000 BTC using a 4870 in early BTC days without giving anyone anything.

Why would he not do it again for LTC ?

I remember asking for LTC GPU miner and did not get anything. They refused to give it to me claiming that it was very slow ( which is total BS I think ).

Wish I could code up some magic BS and mine without anybody noticing anything.

True story ... Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 03:38:51 PM

If someone creates something, I think they deserve to "test" it for a little while.  After all, wouldn't they need to bug test it for a little bit before releasing things to the public?

And it's not like there are tons of donors walking around these parts... some, but not enough to pay their bills...

And we keep talking about a few weeks or months... after a few years, all of this "delayed" disclosure will be insignificant. 

Try to think long term...  hopefully everyone on these forums will be millionaires some day.

If not, then you can resume your poop slinging.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 03:49:37 PM

With BTC, if someone works out a way to mine twice as fast on GPU - it will make no big difference to everyone GPU mining if they give it to everyone.
The difficulty will almost double so everyone is back to (or almost exactly back to) square one: same electricity, same hash time per BTC.
Except all non GPU miners get almost only HALF of what they got before so everyone GPU mining would get slightly more to balance that out.

If they keep it to themselves, then they would almost double the amount of BTC they get until everyone else gets the new miner.
And the double BTC (well half of the double) comes from everyone else who mines - which means most (all?) wouldn't notice the minuscule drop in BTC they get.

Apply that how you will to LTC

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Joshwaa

Activity: 497
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 04:28:35 PM

If someone creates something, I think they deserve to "test" it for a little while.  After all, wouldn't they need to bug test it for a little bit before releasing things to the public?

And it's not like there are tons of donors walking around these parts... some, but not enough to pay their bills...

And we keep talking about a few weeks or months... after a few years, all of this "delayed" disclosure will be insignificant. 

Try to think long term...  hopefully everyone on these forums will be millionaires some day.

If not, then you can resume your poop slinging.

+1 kjlimo

Like what I said : 1JosHWaA2GywdZo9pmGLNJ5XSt8j7nzNiF
Don't like what I said : 1FuckU1u89U9nBKQu4rCHz16uF4RhpSTV
zerokwel

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 05:28:52 PM

- Bitcoinexpress is now one of your employees and secures your code

Damn, I've been outted  Grin Grin Grin

hope you get paid in something other than solidcoins Smiley
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 06:46:31 PM

- Bitcoinexpress is now one of your employees and secures your code

Damn, I've been outted  Grin Grin Grin

hope you get paid in something other than solidcoins Smiley

He gets paid in coin-options which allow him to buy ScamCoin 3.0 coins at a reduced rate from the Royal ShortBus treasury.

ScamCoin 3.0 ready for the ScamCoin 2.0 downfall.
macboy80

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 07:30:25 PM

Don't you just love that whole "OUR developer" thing? Just as if any of the socially awkward fan-boys who work on the ShortBusCoin are legit, educated programmers!

Wrong tootweasel, anyone involved in "development" (and by that we mean the completely incompetent and rather ham-fisted repackaging of other people's work with a few critically fucked up bugs added in, all released under an illegal copyright notice!) is an ass-clown just like their bitch-master. Oooh, your "developer"? Don't you mean the poor dumb bastard that you are currently ripping off code from and passing it off as your leet mad hakzor coding skillz? Those skillz make you, what was it again? Hundreds of imaginary dollars per hour? While living in your mom's rat-infested basement pleasuring yourself with lingerie ads? That kind of developer?

Listen, you have a whole cadre of believers (if two can be a cadre) on your own site. Why not hie your happy ass back there and have a group hug and tell yourselves conspiracy stories around the campfire about how aliens are real, tinfoil hats work, and ShortBusCoin is going to take over the world and allow you to implement your plan for world anarchy. Then Mommy can bring you all some warm milk and cookies and you can make shadow puppets with your secret decoder flashlights and marvel at how clever you are.

My Hero
StewartJ

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 08:40:42 PM

Don't you just love that whole "OUR developer" thing? Just as if any of the socially awkward fan-boys who work on the ShortBusCoin are legit, educated programmers!

Wrong tootweasel, anyone involved in "development" (and by that we mean the completely incompetent and rather ham-fisted repackaging of other people's work with a few critically fucked up bugs added in, all released under an illegal copyright notice!) is an ass-clown just like their bitch-master. Oooh, your "developer"? Don't you mean the poor dumb bastard that you are currently ripping off code from and passing it off as your leet mad hakzor coding skillz? Those skillz make you, what was it again? Hundreds of imaginary dollars per hour? While living in your mom's rat-infested basement pleasuring yourself with lingerie ads? That kind of developer?

Listen, you have a whole cadre of believers (if two can be a cadre) on your own site. Why not hie your happy ass back there and have a group hug and tell yourselves conspiracy stories around the campfire about how aliens are real, tinfoil hats work, and ShortBusCoin is going to take over the world and allow you to implement your plan for world anarchy. Then Mommy can bring you all some warm milk and cookies and you can make shadow puppets with your secret decoder flashlights and marvel at how clever you are.

My Hero

LOL
pooler

Activity: 838
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 08:50:26 PM

My Hero

LOL

That's the kind of post that could make you rich! Cheesy
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=63092.msg743279#msg743279

BTC: 15MRTcUweNVJbhTyH5rq9aeSdyigFrskqE · LTC: LTCPooLqTK1SANSNeTR63GbGwabTKEkuS7
StewartJ

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 09:01:20 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2012, 09:12:41 PM by StewartJ

My Hero

LOL

That should get him at least 100 LTC Poker Chips....   Cheesy
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 10:45:48 PM

My Hero

LOL

I will award him 10 magic beans out of my personal stash...the captain's cabinet.
Lord F(r)og
Donator

Activity: 477

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 11:40:43 PM

My Hero

LOL

I will award him 10 magic beans out of my personal stash...the captain's cabinet.
hmmmmm, delicious
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 02:48:49 AM

My Hero

LOL

hmmmmm, delicious

I didn't know there was men's lingerie, let alone entire magazines devoted to it.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 04:28:44 PM

I didn't know there was men's lingerie, let alone entire magazines devoted to it.

and to think once upon a time his sock puppets ViperLemonBitch, Psytard, Ten90 and friends used to act like I was the only one that didn't like Coinhunter/Real Soiled  Grin Grin Grin

It took a while (30 or 40 seconds or so) to lurk the debates between the two of you and decide who was on the side of the angels. Then CH/RS/Douchebag opened his mouth and sealed the deal.
coinjedi

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2012, 03:33:32 AM

I've just approved a bitcoin bet on the existence of a such a miner:

mtrlt has a fast LTC GPU miner

You are welcome to place your bets.
You can also PM me if any evidence surfaces either way.

Bets of Bitcoin
http://betsofbitco.in/
grndzero

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 03:45:51 AM

Getting tired of calling me incompetent yet? No? Okay. keep on then...
So wait, I'm supposed to release a SC2 GPU miner to the public out of the goodness of my heart when you fuckwads publically spread defamatory comments about me? Kindly go fuck yourself.

As for how much GPU mining I have been doing, I had 24 5970s up until about late summer '11... then sold em, because at 0.22EUR/kWh keeping a mining farm after that would be kinda ... stupid, no?

And as for me publically admitting I gave away a SC2 GPU miner? well, did I ever claim otherwise? ... Wait, nobody ever asked! Just LOL ARTFORZ IS DICKMINER trolling from you, which I can honestly claim is false. Now if you said LOL ARTFORZ WROTE A SC2 MINER BY REING SC2 BETA AND GIVES IT TO WHOEVER ASKS... that'd be different. But no one ever came close to that.

Oh you spam a chain and they bad mouth you. Diddums.  Cry Poor little artforz just does nothing to noone and people are picking on him. The big meanies.  Grin

True to style. Never answer the hard or technical questions with something above the level of a 5th grader.

Ubuntu Desktop x64 -  HD5850 Reference - 400Mh/s w/ cgminer  @ 975C/325M/1.175V - 11.6/2.1 SDK
Donate if you find this helpful: 1NimouHg2acbXNfMt5waJ7ohKs2TtYHePy
ssvb

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 06:53:41 AM

If you change the bet to generic "will a LTC miner capable of running 250 kh/s on an 6990 be proven to exist by March 1st 2012?" and allow anyone (not just CoinHunter or mtrlt) to provide the proof, then it could be a bit more fun.
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 09:13:15 AM

If you change the bet to generic "will a LTC miner capable of running 250 kh/s on an 6990 be proven to exist by March 1st 2012?" and allow anyone (not just CoinHunter or mtrlt) to provide the proof, then it could be a bit more fun.

Sure, but since the bet is already created, my only suggestion to the moderator is to clarify how they will determine whether the conditions are met.

Will Solidcoinites take the challenge?
steelhouse

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 06:03:00 PM

I really think someone should make a better ltc, sc, lqc, ioc, or ixc betting system.  betsofbitcoin does not seem a good way to make bets since the volume of bets are too low.  I live in government controlled USA so I can't do this.

1. What is the bet?
I bet Rick Santorum will win the republican nominee for president in 2012

2. What are the odds on the bet (3:1 for example)?
1:10

3. How much do you want to bet (10 LQC for example)?
100 BTC

4. When is the last date to accept the bet (07-21-2011 24:00 for example)?
02-21-2012 23:00

5. When will the bet be complete?
08-31-2012 12:00

Enter

I bet Rick Santorum will win the republican nominee for president in 2012, the odds are 1:10, I bet 100 BTC, the last date to accept is 02-21-2012 23:00, and the bet will be complete on 08-31-2012 12:00. Please enter 1000 BTC

Is this correct, the current charge to make a bet is 0.2 BTC?

yes-no

The bet is confirmed and open:

Bet ID #3011734. I bet Rick Santorum will win the republican nominee for president in 2012, the odds are 1:10, I bet 100 BTC, the last date to accept is 02-21-2012 23:00, and the bet will be complete on 08-31-2012 12:00. Please the first to enter 1000 BTC before the closing date.

See list of
(o)pen,(a)ctive,(c)omplete,(p)aid bets.

Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 06:49:50 PM

Yes. This is EXACTLY how we should be responding to dubious verifiable claims. Smart.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: