Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:18:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: artforz and coblee gpu mining litecoin since the start?  (Read 32573 times)
CoinHunter (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 10:10:47 AM

Lemme guess, the solution and "The Dreamcoin" coming out is......SOLIDCOIN 3.0.

That is coming out soon, but it doesn't have any network changes (v2.041 is compatible) , just a new default thin client for easy transfer of funds and a much faster and more reliable node software.

If mlrt or any of the other Soiledcoin degenerates had a GPU miner for Litecoin they would release it ASAP as they know it would totally destroy Litecoin. Coblee and Coinhunter aren't exact "besties LOL  Grin Grin Grin

One reason why mtrlt is keeping it to "himself" at the moment is if he releases it and LTC difficulty goes up he makes less total litecoins per day. I think it goes to show with him getting nearly 4MH, or 10% Litecoin mining power himself that something is going on there, believe what you want. Smiley . I think you'll find that right now there are many SolidCoin supporters who don't want to see litecoin die as it gives them an opportunity to mine it with their CPUs and get more SolidCoins.

It's quite likely the "dark pool" everyone was talking about isn't actually a botnet, just 10-20 highend GPUs mining it hard. No proof on that claim, just my opinion.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 10:20:37 AM

As far as I'm aware in my last talks with mtrlt the litecoin GPU miner is only 10-20x faster than CPUs. Which is less compared to a GPU mining bitcoin 100x faster than a CPU.

From what I gather (assuming the GPU miner is legit), it performs better than CPU per watt by a small amount. In other words, it's 10-20x faster than CPUs but also uses almost 10-20x more electricity. So even if the miner is released, it won't kill CPU mining like what happened with bitcoins. And currently, it's much more profitable to use your GPUs to mine bitcoins instead of litecoins with the current prices.

It's quite likely the "dark pool" everyone was talking about isn't actually a botnet, just 10-20 highend GPUs mining it hard. No proof on that claim, just my opinion.

So why would you assume that the unknown miners are GPU miners instead of a botnet? Wouldn't they be more profitable mining bitcoins instead?

CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 10:29:21 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2012, 10:39:51 AM by CoinHunter

From what I gather (assuming the GPU miner is legit), it performs better than CPU per watt by a small amount. In other words, it's 10-20x faster than CPUs but also uses almost 10-20x more electricity. So even if the miner is released, it won't kill CPU mining like what happened with bitcoins. And currently, it's much more profitable to use your GPUs to mine bitcoins instead of litecoins with the current prices.

Well using the data you have you may believe that, but what I'm looking at it's 5x more efficient watt for watt at least and it's still early stages. As to whether that means CPUs are still viable, not sure. I guess if GPU mining Bitcoin is more profitable most shouldn't use their GPU to mine LTC? The big issue I guess is the fact it means if most people are CPU mining it makes it incredibly easy to switch some GPUs to it and 51% the chain if they are 5x more efficient.

So why would you assume that the unknown miners are GPU miners instead of a botnet? Wouldn't they be more profitable mining bitcoins instead?

<speculation>Given the behaviour of the "dark pool" it's my belief it was mainly there for some kind of 51% protection and to accumulate most of the Litecoins so less could be dumped on the market. Helping not crash the price. So I'm guessing it was someone related to project development or serious in helping it out ala Artforz. </speculation>

CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 10:45:16 AM

BTW coblee, I paid mtrlt in SolidCoins to release a GPU miner for the public. Perhaps if you could do the same he would be more willing to release it?

Nachtwind

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 11:49:53 AM

Wow Coinhunter, you fail completely in prooving any of your accusations...

Alright.. Let me say that Coinhunter and his trusted minions had a GPU miner with 3 times the speed of Reaper today right at the start and were the "dick".
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 12:23:11 PM

Wow Coinhunter, you fail completely in prooving any of your accusations...

You do know the difference between an opinion and fact right? If it was SC people as the "dark pool" don't you think we'd be dumping that coin instead of hoarding it?

Nachtwind

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 12:44:41 PM

You do know the difference between an opinion and fact right? If it was SC people as the "dark pool" don't you think we'd be dumping that coin instead of hoarding it?

No... i do believe despite your own...limitedness of creativity.. you have people among your ranks who are creative enogh to think of such a plot..
So either the darkpool IS a botnet, or your guys have a superior miner they use for their own good (and not really helping SC..) or worst you are just making up a story to throw mud on a project that is threatening your petty copy&paste(+removing licences etc) project...
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 01:13:42 PM

No... i do believe despite your own...limitedness of creativity.. you have people among your ranks who are creative enogh to think of such a plot..
So either the darkpool IS a botnet, or your guys have a superior miner they use for their own good (and not really helping SC..) or worst you are just making up a story to throw mud on a project that is threatening your petty copy&paste(+removing licences etc) project...

Have you ever done a "source diff" on SolidCoin and Bitcoin? Thousands of changes. Litecoin on the other hand even keeps the name "bitcoin" in many places because it makes pulling in patches "easier" for coblee and the others. You'd be lucky to find a 100 source differences in litecoin over bitcoin. SolidCoin has the best developers and smartest supporters, it is why we are outpacing Bitcoin development. Litecoin isn't a competitor to SolidCoin in my mind, we only have one and that is Bitcoin.

Artforz has publicly admitted to having a GPU miner of scrypt/Litecoin for many months. He has just said it was "Slow". So we can either believe his GPU miner of a hash he introduced was or is slow or the guy that managed to reverse engineer SolidCoin hash from a beta and make a GPU miner is indeed lying to us. You believe the former I'm guessing? The mystical artforz made an ultra slow (about 50x slower than mtrlt's) Litecoin miner? I doubt we will ever know the truth but if people want to believe artforz then that's up to them.

If it wasn't for talented people like mtrlt writing their own code to test such theories many people would still be saying Litecoin is a CPU coin, as would artforz who was doing that just a week ago on btc-e chat.

Matoking

Activity: 352

Firstbits: 1m8xa

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2012, 01:28:22 PM

Having to release an entirely new version of cryptocurrency in order to apply changes to the protocol, releasing mandatory updates and changing the protocol every few weeks because you have absolutely no idea what you are doing doesn't mean you are a good coder, let alone a great one.

Also, what is with your obsession with Artforz? Your hashing algorithm has a direct personal attack against him and most, if not all of your baseless accusations involve him.

BTC : 1CcpmVDLvR7DgA5deFGScoNhiEtiJnh6H4 - LTC : LYTnoXAHNsemMB2jhCSi1znQqnfupdRkSy
Bitcoin-otc
BitBin - earn bitcoins with your pastes!
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 02:04:51 PM

Having to release an entirely new version of cryptocurrency in order to apply changes to the protocol, releasing mandatory updates and changing the protocol every few weeks because you have absolutely no idea what you are doing doesn't mean you are a good coder, let alone a great one.

You do know change is part of improving something right? Unlike Bitcoin we don't want to support a protocol developed in 2009 when we have more knowledge on how a true p2p currency should work. People liking the fact Bitcoin will never change is fine, they can stick with Bitcoin. Smiley

And in regards to artforz it's just because he is wired that way. First with the spam attack on SolidCoin v1, then trying to preempt SolidCoin 2 with a fake CPU coin (tenebrix) because I said we would be moving to a CPU algorithm, then with the GPU SC miner he only used himself and with friends before mtrlt released his. The list goes on, this guy is involved in many "behind the back" dealings that we know of. Only he could tell you the stuff we don't know about, but the things we do know are pretty damning, in my opinion.

Of course on this forum you'll get people thinking he is a "legend" for attacking the "evil SolidCoin" and they're blind to everything else. So what can you do.

Nachtwind

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 04:31:36 PM

The sad part in all of this, is that Coinhunter and Sockies think they're actually fooling people LOL

The sad thing is that Coinhunter still thinks anyone gives a shit about his ... puh .. "illness". Nothing else would explain the paranoia he build up arround Artforz.

And Coinhunter there are many reasons why people here would rather believe Artforz than you. Just to bring up the most important reasons:
- He doesnt suffer from delusions of grandeur
- He is honest
- He doesnt, like you, steal code and infringe copyright (etc) and is therefore more trustable than a potential criminal

Shall we go on?
Nachtwind

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 06:11:53 PM

Shall we go on?

Yeah, you forgot he can actually code!

I think THAT goes without saying...
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 06:23:28 PM

I calculated it out and as soon as SC2 increases in value 125 fold, I'm set to make some killer profits!

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
zerokwel

Activity: 464

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 06:56:57 PM

Shall we go on?

Yeah, you forgot he can actually code!

I think THAT goes without saying...

DAMM that's epic Smiley
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 07:13:14 PM

Sorry but your use of that word made me think of this:
http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=epic
Nachtwind

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 07:56:14 PM

Now thats an epic page!
HolodeckJizzmopper

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 08:35:55 PM

Unlike Bitcoin we don't want to support a protocol developed in 2009 when we have more knowledge on how a true p2p currency should work.

I'm having trouble reconciling this statement with... what ? You're on the 3rd major protocol-breaking rev of SolidCoin now since 2011 ?
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 08:42:30 PM

LOL that page is epic fail Smiley
"You must use the word the way I tell you to"

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 11:59:57 PM

I'm having trouble reconciling this statement with... what ? You're on the 3rd major protocol-breaking rev of SolidCoin now since 2011 ?

Yes 3 major changes I guess you could say, and there have been more "minor" ones which were put in other versions. We aren't afraid to introduce protocol breaking changes. When SC1 was first released it was very much like Bitcoin with only some simple things changed around and new interface features.

It's like anything, once you start getting experience with the codebase and also the "economy" you start to realize the failings and work to improve them. That is what we will continue to do. Obviously some people don't like this, but no one is forcing them to use SolidCoin so I don't really get what their problem is. Fear perhaps.

In regards to how a true currency should operate I think mining costs should be somewhat relevant to the final profit, and that it shouldn't differ too greatly so that price can be stable. When talking to businesses about accepting SolidCoins they wanted some features in and this is what we are working towards. Being able to deliver stable prices and prices which have some relevance to the everyday people (ie 20-30 SC to buy some software instead of 351SC today, 290SC tomorrow, etc).

CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 12:33:30 AM

The major failing of Solidcoin is you and it has been pointed out by your own inner group several times. Also there is no "We".... you decide what, when, where and how much for any reason you want.

No that's a major benefit and is one reason why SolidCoin is outpacing Bitcoin development. You can choose not to participate in SolidCoin , no one is forcing you, you know how our development model works currently. Don't like it, don't buy or mine SolidCoins.

I have the IRC logs from the convo where sp0tter was banned for bitching about that exact thing. You openly admitted you didn't feel it necessary to inform anyone about the implementation of the block reward reduction except for Ahimoth and that was only 5 minutes notice.

sp0tter was banned because he was trolling and posting a lot of off topic stuff. He also isn't banned anymore.

Those "Control Nodes" work like a charm at enforcement don't they?

The trusted nodes make it easier to implement changes currently, but that won't be the case always. This being said we won't need to keep implementing so many changes once we have a "very good working solution". There are still some things in the pipeline we want to optimize that will require further breaking changes. But this is only so we can scale to high levels of transactions on typical PC hardware.

We likely aren't going to extend SolidCoin outside of being a transaction based carrier, and let people build other stuff on top of that network. This way it's easier for us to concentrate on what needs improving and other people can solve things using that simplicity.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: