Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:56:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: artforz and coblee gpu mining litecoin since the start?  (Read 32573 times)
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 05:09:58 AM

pretty much what i'm doing.

or just read the username.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 05:18:27 AM

Remember, mtrlt released to the public the *demo* version, aka slow version. This version was just to prove Scrypt is more efficient on a gpu than it is on a cpu.

Using dishwara's numbers from that screenshot (219kh/s), and an estimated 5870 power consumption of 188w, that makes for 1.16kh/w.
Using data from the litecoin wiki it seems a top of the line cpu gets 25kh/s at 125w, that makes for 0.2kh/w.
Being generous, and assuming the litecoin wiki is out of date, and using poolers latest miner, lets just give the cpu 50kh/s at the same 125w, that is still only 0.4kh/w.

Scrypt is *not* gpu unfriendly.

BTW, the current private version of Reaper is getting over 2kh/w when mining scrypt.

Comparing GPU and CPU mining and the power required... Why is it that the power used in the computations are only the consumption of the GPU? GPU's can't do squat without a CPU. CPU can mine even with a crappy Intel IGP. When comparing power numbers, please use the wall usage numbers.

Not only this, but, unlike mining btc, high voltage is required to the onboard ram on the gpu as hashing speed for ltc is both ram and gpu dependent. So, ltc mining will always have added power draw as compared to btc mining where the memory can be underclocked.  Further, a 95w sandy bridge cpu can easily do 30kh/s undervolted to 75w or 35kh/s stock.. Undervolted 1055ts can do about 32kh/s at 80w. This is all done  without maximizing the thermal limits of the hardware like with this new gpu miner, too.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 05:21:38 PM

The discussion here, however, is about LTC and if you are silly enough to waste electricity on LTC GPU mining, then you would most probably also be LTC CPU mining 'nuff said...

Fixed that shit for you.

Typical Psytard....

Can make an argument on an actual statement.

Suck my dick! That's my argument on your statement.

Actually that would be a request, with an unnecessary qualifying statement, as opposed to an argument vis a vis the preceding statement. If you had wanted to express a rebuttal argument, you might have used something like "Your statement is egregiously fallacious, my argument was more in the form of an oblique ad hominem attack, and if you were able to find my dick, I would encourage you to perform fellatio on it." Please, do try try to show some effort here, just being a vacuous simpleton is so ShortBusCoin.
LoupGaroux

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 05:33:58 PM

Regrettably, or so your mother mentioned the other day, herpes is not caught "down there", it is a pervasive infection that will stay with you for your entire life and can only be addressed symptomatically, rather than being cured. It is always there, lying in wait for stress, physical exhaustion, or open sores from friction against mucous membranes.

Stress could be brought on from rising to defend your bitchmaster RS/CH/Douchebag too frequently, physical exhaustion from having to sound out the big words in others posts before crafting another of your juvenile retorts, and the friction rubs... well we can leave that to your imagination, but be sure to ask RS/CH/Douchebag for a reach around at the next ShortBusCoin programmers and other really intelligent peoples meeting.
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 06:24:22 PM

Regrettably, or so your mother mentioned the other day, herpes is not caught "down there", it is a pervasive infection that will stay with you for your entire life and can only be addressed symptomatically, rather than being cured. It is always there, lying in wait for stress, physical exhaustion, or open sores from friction against mucous membranes.

Stress could be brought on from rising to defend your bitchmaster RS/CH/Douchebag too frequently, physical exhaustion from having to sound out the big words in others posts before crafting another of your juvenile retorts, and the friction rubs... well we can leave that to your imagination, but be sure to ask RS/CH/Douchebag for a reach around at the next ShortBusCoin programmers and other really intelligent peoples meeting.
mods, can we have a plugin for a "like" button here?

Joshwaa

Activity: 497
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 06:56:12 PM

mods, can we have a plugin for a "like" button here?

Yes need like button! 

Like what I said : 1JosHWaA2GywdZo9pmGLNJ5XSt8j7nzNiF
Don't like what I said : 1FuckU1u89U9nBKQu4rCHz16uF4RhpSTV
m3ta

Activity: 435

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2012, 07:37:17 PM

That's some serious "you completely and utterly pwned him".

+1

Why the frell so many retards spell "ect" as an abbreviation of "Et Cetera"? "ETC", DAMMIT! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_cetera

Host:/# rm -rf /var/forum/trolls
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 08:54:26 PM

Psytard's more than likely traumatized from that.

Down in inferno flames.  Grin Grin Grin

That's what she said!
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 09:00:51 PM

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Nachtwind

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 09:09:33 PM

Awesome.
LoupGaroux

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 12:44:58 AM

Do you think he understands the sublime truth behind your post?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 12:49:07 AM

Who? This she?

I can understand why LoupGayroux fell in love with you... NOT!
Nachtwind

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 12:57:06 AM

Who? This she?

Yeah... that was the best you can muster?
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 01:20:05 AM

Here's a good question... why isn't mrlrt releasing the source code for the miner?  What's he waiting on?

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 01:20:54 AM

Who? This she?

really dude?

that's all you can do?
man, you suck. i was expecting some reply worth reading.

Here's a good question... why isn't mrlrt releasing the source code for the miner?  What's he waiting on?
we're talking about solidcoin related shit.

it won't be released until couple of years.

drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 01:29:18 AM

3/10

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 01:51:16 AM

Really dudes, that's all you can do?

Do you need LouGayroux to reply for you? FFS... Get a room, you faggots!
aww,

look at this poor little baby.

no, we don't really need him to reply, but he does provide a good entertainment, especially when handling little shits like you.

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 03:24:32 AM

Psy is the Trig of the Soiledcoin sockpuppets.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 03:27:28 AM

At least I'm not a frustrated 41 year old single guy who lives in his moms' basement playing computer games all day. Go suck bitchcoinexpress' dick.

No, I won't let you suck mine!
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 04:11:12 AM

At least I'm not a frustrated 41 year old single guy who lives in his moms' basement playing computer games all day. Go suck bitchcoinexpress' dick.

No, I won't let you suck mine!

First of all, why would I be frustrated? SoiledCoin is dead. Nobody is mining it. Nobody is trading it. Pretty much everybody on these forums (except you) knows that you backed the wrong horse. We are celebrating by dancing on the corpse of SoiledCoin.

Second, you are worse @ doxxing than you are at picking altcoins. I am the easiest person in the world to find. My wedding is online, I am not 41, and I own my own house. I do play games, but I do so at night.

I think Loup already covered why nobody here wants to have any sort of contact with your penis.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: