Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:29:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we make changes in the IPO? If yes, how?
No. Do not change anything.
Yes. Change the price to 0.0003 BTC/MIL. Old investors get proportionately more MIL for their investment.
Yes. Change it so that the entire IPO coins are distributed proportionately among investors, i.e. Amount of MIL you receive = Your Investment/Total Investment * 195,000 MIL

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Millionaire Coin (MIL) - Launched!  (Read 76162 times)
millionairecoin (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:24:56 AM

Please try and bump after you vote on the poll so that others can also see it.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin_Mafia

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 01:45:18 AM

* BUMP * and voted.

I do think that lowering the buy-in price would make it more attractive and accessible to folks who don't
have as much Bitcoin saved up and / or are first time IPOers.

That being said, I picked up a few more today @ Poloniex. I refuse to miss the boat on this one Smiley

BBmodBB

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 01:46:42 AM

I'de rather know its 100% legal according to US laws that I, a US resident, will not be fined for buying into an IPO

offering unregistered "securities" are illegal last time i checked, maybe if you are in Toronto or Bahamas you can swing it ...until they catch you !

===> ROTFF ~i mean look Eric V.(SatoshiDice) just got popped !!!  Shocked daaaaamb

*BTCitcoin Wales Club*-- message me for details!--///\\\TELEKINETICS///\\can manipulate objects with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", it may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
BBmodBB

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 01:50:14 AM

* BUMP * and voted.

I do think that lowering the buy-in price would make it more attractive and accessible to folks who don't
have as much Bitcoin saved up and / or are first time IPOers.

That being said, I picked up a few more today @ Poloniex. I refuse to miss the boat on this one Smiley

#ot--
wassup girlfriend!!!>> its me owl!!!

Grin

*BTCitcoin Wales Club*-- message me for details!--///\\\TELEKINETICS///\\can manipulate objects with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", it may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
BBmodBB

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 01:56:08 AM

I want to join the IPO.  how?
I never join any coins IPO befor

Don't listen to the trolls. People have already invested about 20 BTC. You can follow the link below and invest:

https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_mil

WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU>>> WHAT CONNECTIONS DO YOU HAVE TO THE COMMUNITY???

"INVEST" MY GAWD MAN NONE OF THESE CRAP ALTCOINS ARE "INVESTMENT" QUALITY ANYTHING!!

*BITCOIN IS THE ONLY "COIN" WORTH HOLDING LONG TERM IMHFO!!!!

BE SAFE PEEPZ = DON'T GAMBLE HERE!!!!

millionairecoin (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:58:41 AM

^ Thanks for the bump.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:58:54 AM

A couple of questions for the dev:

Is this a 100% premined coin? I saw references to 20% for ipo, 80% as a premine leftover. Some clarity there would be useful.

Why do you have coin bounties for certain things, when the ipo money supposedly was going to be used for this?

If you want more investors, you'll need to clarify some things. And again, I think a buy wall may be a necessity if you actually want the ipo to sell out at this point. There isn't simply enough trust (and I'll add, rightfully so), as several things look a bit on the shady side.
millionairecoin (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:06:31 AM

Is this a 100% premined coin? I saw references to 20% for ipo, 80% as a premine leftover. Some clarity there would be useful.

Why do you have coin bounties for certain things, when the ipo money supposedly was going to be used for this?

If you want more investors, you'll need to clarify some things. And again, I think a buy wall may be a necessity if you actually want the ipo to sell out at this point. There isn't simply enough trust (and I'll add, rightfully so), as several things look a bit on the shady side.

Don't know from where you get the 100% premine Huh 19.5% is in the IPO, 0.5% premine and 80% mining using the X11 algorithm.

BTC bounties will be used for bigger things in the future when the premine is over.

Any other questions are appreciated.

PS: Vote on the poll!
BBmodBB

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 02:14:19 AM

obviously untrusted newbie member making it up as he goes along. What is a mystery is how he bribed the exchange to add this non-coin!!!! SEC cracking down on this bullshit = imo from da rumour mill!!!!  Roll Eyes

poornamelessme

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:15:44 AM

Don't know from where you get the 100% premine Huh 19.5% is in the IPO, 0.5% premine and 80% mining using the X11 algorithm.

this is 100% premined coin...20% for IPO and you still keeping 80% of coins in your hand?
ARE YOU KIDDING FOOLS AROUND?
This had to be FUD, but you never addressed it. I believe it was even mentioned more than once in this thread.

A proportional split of remaining coins probably would benefit investors more than the 1st option, and even more than destroying remaining ipo coins, since there will still be 80% of the coins left to be mined. Of course that is based on the idea the ipo won't sell out.

poornamelessme

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:18:21 AM

obviously untrusted newbie member making it up as he goes along. What is a mystery is how he bribed the exchange to add this non-coin!!!! SEC cracking down on this bullshit = imo from da rumour mill!!!!  Roll Eyes

I don't think this is a good investment for folks, and have stated so already. But at the same time, some people did invest already in it, so there is a chance they can get their money back, if the dev at least does some things properly.

I see no point to going into troll/fud mode, when facts are all people really need.
alamazean

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:21:36 AM

No way the IPO will sellout in the 7 days.
poornamelessme

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:23:45 AM

He needs to agree to put up a guaranteed by polo buy wall after the ipo is over, if he wants to sell out. It may mean less money for him, but there isn't enough trust otherwise. I won't say people won't make money on this, as who knows....  but to me it's super risky.
millionairecoin (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:37:33 AM

He needs to agree to put up a guaranteed by polo buy wall after the ipo is over, if he wants to sell out. It may mean less money for him, but there isn't enough trust otherwise. I won't say people won't make money on this, as who knows....  but to me it's super risky.

The BTC is for development purposes not for manipulating the market. We will let the free market decide the price. Thus, not putting up a buy wall.
poornamelessme

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:44:13 AM

The BTC is for development purposes not for manipulating the market. We will let the free market decide the price. Thus, not putting up a buy wall.

There is of course some logic to this, but when I say a buy wall, it's not like you are supposed to keep it there forever. I forget how long the LCL guy kept it up (not long, as his weird double priced ipo didn't work out so great), but just enough to be a safety net. If things turn really sour, really quickly, at least it's a way out for those who invested. At the same time, if things go well, the buy wall won't even be hit.

It's basically betting on your own coin. If you don't feel confident enough to offer a temporary buy wall, why should people feel confident enough to invest?

Of course not all ipos needs to do the buy wall thing, but to be honest, there are a number of red flags for this ipo. And if an ipo doesn't even sell out, it's not a great sign as far as how the price will go.
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:28:31 AM

this issue i have with 20 % ipo and 80% mining is that in 7 days we will have purchased up to 20% and in 14 days 80% will be given to those who mine.  now mining isnt free but... I would be more in favor of prolonging the mining period maybe to like a few months with reduced reward to keep prices even.  the ipo holders and miner can stake their coins and it benifits those who purchased early.  normally you develop a coin, take a premine for future use, the miners build value along with your roadmap and you cash the premine a little at a time to develop the coin transparently.  in this case your getting a lot of money upfront (if the entire ipo sells), even now 20btc+ is no small ammt of $, that money could buy a lot of development in making sure when pos hits it runs smooth, a big failure point for many coins.  and exploring some of the new pieces and parts that are gathering headlines and hype. 
Id just hate for the miners to open up and dump like what happened to LCL.  hope this makes some sense. weird to me to have an ipo and a mining period.

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
millionairecoin (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:39:33 AM

Results so far:

No. Do not change anything. - 1 (6.7%)
Yes. Change the price to 0.0003 BTC/MIL. Old investors get proportionately more MIL for their investment. - 7 (46.7%)
Yes. Change it so that the entire IPO coins are distributed proportionately among investors, i.e. Amount of MIL you receive = Your Investment/Total Investment * 195,000 MIL - 7 (46.7%)

Total Voters: 15

Cheesy
signingoff

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:59:08 AM

Results so far:

No. Do not change anything. - 1 (6.7%)
Yes. Change the price to 0.0003 BTC/MIL. Old investors get proportionately more MIL for their investment. - 7 (46.7%)
Yes. Change it so that the entire IPO coins are distributed proportionately among investors, i.e. Amount of MIL you receive = Your Investment/Total Investment * 195,000 MIL - 7 (46.7%)

Total Voters: 15

Cheesy

0.00001000 BTC/MIL

0.00030000 BTC/MIL is too high.
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:08:02 AM

change reward to like 5, it'll be 2 month mining opposed to 2 week Cheesy

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
poornamelessme

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:16:32 AM

Id just hate for the miners to open up and dump like what happened to LCL.  hope this makes some sense. weird to me to have an ipo and a mining period.

That's what would really scare me about this coin. Even if it manages to hold its own pricewise, I'd be afraid of dumps. Even LCL was in the ballpark of ipo prices for a while, until miners really destroyed the coin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: