Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:29:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BitCoin faucets really worth the time?  (Read 17428 times)
Gimmelfarb

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:29:50 PM

You have to relies people are not giving away large amounts to get people rich.
correct me if i am wrong but arent most faucets relying on google ads and that kind of thing to generate money.
The idea is people have enough to play around with and send to friends, but not quite enough to buy anything.

would you give 1000000000000000 strangers on the internet a large sum of money lol ?

well, back in 2010 you would have given them a large amount of bitcoins, yes, but they weren't worth much at the time. just saying, bitcoins might be worth a lot more than they are now.
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:54:22 PM

I really dont think its worth it, unless you have like 1,000 people under you doing the same thing.

So focus more on referrals, or just getting a miner.

CEG5952

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 10:00:09 PM

correct me if i am wrong but arent most faucets relying on google ads and that kind of thing to generate money.
The idea is people have enough to play around with and send to friends, but not quite enough to buy anything.

would you give 1000000000000000 strangers on the internet a large sum of money lol ?

well, back in 2010 you would have given them a large amount of bitcoins, yes, but they weren't worth much at the time. just saying, bitcoins might be worth a lot more than they are now.

Totally. There were times when you could get .1 - .25 bitcoins per payout from faucets. Think about that -- $160 a pop at current rate? From a buy-and-hold perspective on bitcoin's value, what you reap from faucets now could be worth *a lot* more in the future.

Yuki1988

Activity: 614

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:54:51 AM

Totally. There were times when you could get .1 - .25 bitcoins per payout from faucets. Think about that -- $160 a pop at current rate? From a buy-and-hold perspective on bitcoin's value, what you reap from faucets now could be worth *a lot* more in the future.

And even if you expect bitcoin price to go up 100 times, you shouldn't spend your time on faucets.
You should spend your time on better ways to earn bitcoin like joining a signature program, or earn fiat to buy bitcoin.

Yuki1988

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:40:45 AM

[And even if you expect bitcoin price to go up 100 times, you shouldn't spend your time on faucets.
You should spend your time on better ways to earn bitcoin like joining a signature program, or earn fiat to buy bitcoin.
I think you should spend in a few better faucets like faucet.bitcoinzebra.com, dailyfreebits.com, Bitchest.me, btcrock.biz etc... and with that join best PTC sites like BTClicks.com, Coinad.com, Click2dad.net etc...
You may get up to 0.001BTC in a week. After you get some BTC buy Kh/s from scrypt.cc or just wait till the price of BTC get higher. I recommended scrypt.cc because it is better and cheap than other cloud mining providers.
Kindly,
        Muhammed Zakhir

Wow, there are 7 different ref links in your post. Thanks, but no thanks.
With my account, I could have joined PD sig program to get  0.0006 btc a post.
So, if I make 10 posts a day, I can get 0.006 a day, and that won't cost me too much time.

Are there any "better faucets" that can give me comparable amount with comparable effort?  Wink

CounterStrike

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:43:35 AM

Some faucets was giving away 1-2 bitcoin every 30 minute few years ago and people think that its a waste of time, same too now Smiley
Yuki1988

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:00:36 AM

Some faucets was giving away 1-2 bitcoin every 30 minute few years ago and people think that its a waste of time, same too now Smiley

Few years ago, you can work at McDonald's for an hour, and can buy hundreds and thousands of btc.
So, I won't play with faucets even if I time-travel back to 2009.

CEG5952

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:46:30 AM

Exactly. Give it another 3 years, and who know? 50,000 satoshis could be worth $500. Stranger things have happened, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see that happen.

Zyborg

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 10:12:48 AM

By that logic they still wouldn't be worthwhile. If you expect the price to go up a lot you're better off earning some real bitcoins, or buying them. Even if 250 satoshi increase their value 100x it's hardly any money.
Zyborg

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 10:18:23 AM

Hello,
I'm new to BitCoins and I wanted to know if faucet pages are really worth the time?

I have earned minimum payout at MyBitcoinJob.com:

then click withdraw button and was sent to:

then click and get this:

Blog doesnt exist Sad

Dont register at this site please.

Good sites:

freebitco.in - up to 0.30394675 BTC every hour

faucet.9bitz - up to 999999 satoshi every hour

www.999dice.com - get 200 satoshi every 10 min and play HI|LOW game

and many others, i'll post later
Wow, 1.03 BTC? How long did that take you to earn? If the answer is anything less than a year you should've known it's a fraud.
aLadyLove

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 12:22:25 PM

Hello,
I'm new to BitCoins and I wanted to know if faucet pages are really worth the time?

I use them  if I have some free time but not very often
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 12:26:51 PM

Hello,

I have earned minimum payout at MyBitcoinJob.com:

then click withdraw button and was sent to:

then click and get this:

Blog doesnt exist Sad

Dont register at this site please.

Good sites:

freebitco.in - up to 0.30394675 BTC every hour

faucet.9bitz - up to 999999 satoshi every hour

www.999dice.com - get 200 satoshi every 10 min and play HI|LOW game

and many others, i'll post later
Wow, 1.03 BTC? How long did that take you to earn? If the answer is anything less than a year you should've known it's a fraud.
Me too had the same problem on that site. When I tried to contact with the support, Gmail is sending me "Failed to deliver" . I think it is a fake one.
Kindly,
        Muhammed Zakhir

gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 02:00:23 PM

If you count in today price of BTC they dont worth nothing, but after fill years keeping your coin hope the price is triple or more and you will end up with lot of money.
BR
CEG5952

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:40:08 PM

By that logic they still wouldn't be worthwhile. If you expect the price to go up a lot you're better off earning some real bitcoins, or buying them. Even if 250 satoshi increase their value 100x it's hardly any money.

Sure. Put more in, get more. That's obvious o anyone. But the point still stands, really. If you frequented faucets in every day 2010, you could be sitting on a fat 5-figure $ value bitcoin wallet right now. From nothing.

CryptoFutaba

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 11:30:19 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2014, 12:36:02 AM by CryptoFutaba

I have discovered Bitcoin (and cryptocurrencies in general) at the beginning of this year. A friend told me about it. At first I've tried all kind of faucets, but, I could not stand to keep doing the same thing again and again, just to receive a few USD cents. Then I've decided to simply buy BTC, and it was really worth it.

^^
CEG5952

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 11:44:57 PM

I have discovered Bitcoin (and cryptocurrencies in general) at the beginning of this year. A friend told me about it. At first I've tried all kind of faucets, but, I clould not stand to keep doing the same thing again and again, just to receive a few USD cents. Then I've decided to simply buy BTC, and it was really worth it.

The mentality is certainly understandable. Personally, I can't bother with faucets. I've been trading, and have seen BTC gains too large to go back to slaving away clicking for satoshis.

Zyborg

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 12:11:59 AM

I have discovered Bitcoin (and cryptocurrencies in general) at the beginning of this year. A friend told me about it. At first I've tried all kind of faucets, but, I clould not stand to keep doing the same thing again and again, just to receive a few USD cents. Then I've decided to simply buy BTC, and it was really worth it.
Did you try any -earn- sites? It's not much but far more than faucets.
CryptoFutaba

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 12:35:43 AM

I have discovered Bitcoin (and cryptocurrencies in general) at the beginning of this year. A friend told me about it. At first I've tried all kind of faucets, but, I could not stand to keep doing the same thing again and again, just to receive a few USD cents. Then I've decided to simply buy BTC, and it was really worth it.
Did you try any -earn- sites? It's not much but far more than faucets.

I have tried many different sites at the beginning, but in the end I've realised that buying BTC with fiat was the best option. I've discovered BTC too late Wink

Then I have started also buying altcoins. But with altcoins it's a little different, with some of them it was worth using the faucets or taking profit of their launch coins offers.

^^
poeEDgar

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:02:27 AM

I'd say they aren't. Signature advertising, on the other hand.... Wink

Quote from: Gavin Andresen
I woulda thunk you were old enough to be confident that technology DOES improve. In fits and starts, but over the long term it definitely gets better.
AceWallen

Activity: 479

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:29:31 AM

well, are they worth my time? absolutely not. there are lots of opportunities to generate a bitcoin income -- faucets are not a realistic way to generate that sort of income.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: