Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:59:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BitCoin faucets really worth the time?  (Read 17428 times)
DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:02:47 PM

I'm waiting for your faucet too, but we'll see if it could be better that sign campaigns.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:22:44 PM

It depends on how much bitcoin will be worth in the future.  Say you get 0.0001 BTC from a faucet, which is about 0.06 USD. Then if BTC will rise 100%, you'd have 6$ from the faucet. If that's worth your time depends completely on how much money you have  Smiley

The problem is that the faucets no longer give out BTC0.0001 per user. Right now, the rates are like BTC0.000005 or even lower. That makes sure that you won't even be able to withdraw the coins to your account.  Grin
Peter882

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:28:23 PM

It depends on how much bitcoin will be worth in the future.  Say you get 0.0001 BTC from a faucet, which is about 0.06 USD. Then if BTC will rise 100%, you'd have 6$ from the faucet. If that's worth your time depends completely on how much money you have  Smiley

Looks like you want to say "rise 100 times". Grin
When you are comparing faucets with other ways of earning bitcoin (such as sig program), the bitcoin price is irrelevant as both the payments are in btc.

waqas

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:31:11 PM

I'm waiting for your faucet too, but we'll see if it could be better that sign campaigns.
I believe sig Campaigns better then these faucets because they are paying some good amount and faucets taking too much time for very small bounty

bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:44:51 PM

When you are comparing faucets with other ways of earning bitcoin (such as sig program), the bitcoin price is irrelevant as both the payments are in btc.

Of course, when you compare it to other ways of getting btc (sig advertising, services) it is a complete waste of time. I wasnt aware faucets have decreased their payment rate.

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 12:56:02 PM

I believe sig Campaigns better then these faucets because they are paying some good amount and faucets taking too much time for very small bounty
I think they will.
Kindly,
       Muhammed Zakhir

Zyborg

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:01:24 PM

Of course, when you compare it to other ways of getting btc (sig advertising, services) it is a complete waste of time. I wasnt aware faucets have decreased their payment rate.

"Faucets have dereased their payment rate" They're paying relative to the bitcoin price, that's nothing new.
Arksun

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:07:16 PM

I started out using faucets, but when I worked out how much time was being invested relative to the return I got I quickly realised its a complete and utter waste of time.

If you want to generate bitcoins without buying any, you're far better off using sites where you have to complete specific tasks, like CoinWorker or BitCoinGet. That's a better way to fill those moments of spare time between doing other things. This is orders of magnitude greater return than simple faucets, though relative to a normal job is still very low wage.

So really the best way of generating maximum bitcoin is investing your time towards something productive that generates FIAT, which you then use to buy Bitcoin with. Either that or accept Bitcoin as payment for specific work that you offer the public.

This argument that faucets are worth it even today because 1BTC will be worth a million dollars, might as well tell yourself you're going to win the lottery. If you always think with such odds you'll be broke for life.  IT's the time that is PRECIOUS, use it wisely.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
Raeg

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:28:39 PM

I wasted a lot of time on faucets, so no it's not worth your time. Find better ways to get them.
Zyborg

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:34:56 PM

I wasted a lot of time on faucets, so no it's not worth your time. Find better ways to get them.
That's the problem, you used -a lot- of time on faucets. They're not around to provide a income.
Yuki1988

Activity: 614

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:39:55 PM

That's the problem, you used -a lot- of time on faucets. They're not around to provide a income.

Faucets are there to provide a income to the site owner (advertising revenue). Wink

Zyborg

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:40:27 PM

Faucets are there to provide a income to the site owner (advertising revenue). Wink
I doubt they make enough to quit work. Smiley
Yuki1988

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:47:32 PM

You can find a couple of ads on http://freebitco.in/.
No idea how much the site owner get from the google ads, but he can get 0.175 BTC (~$115) a day for just the bottom ad (468 * 60px).
http://adbit.co/?a=Advertise&b=View_Bid&c=5DYV6WHMGT69O

Not sure if that is enough to quit their jobs. Smiley

boymilk

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:57:06 PM

I wonder if faucets favor natural monopolies. Advertisers would be willing to pay more to advertise on a popular faucet. The more ad revenue the faucet owner receives, the higher the payouts. And the higher the payouts, the more popular that faucet gets, and so on.
bitsmichel

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 06:11:02 PM

Freebitco.in makes 0.1 or 0.2 BTC per day, if I am not mistaken. Errr now its 0.175 BTC per day.
You can find the statistics here: http://adbit.co/?a=Advertise
Other faucets have lower rates, such as    0.007 BTC per day or 0.00011512 BTC per day.
Say you own freebitco.in then you make ~ 5.25 BTC per month, which is about 3365.99 USD.
Depending on where you live, it is enough or not enough. Of course, I do not mean to say that if you open a faucet it would run like this, but it could be profitable.

Yuki1988

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 06:14:03 PM

Freebitco.in makes 0.1 or 0.2 BTC per day, if I am not mistaken. Errr now its 0.175 BTC per day.

As I mentioned in my above post, that is how much the site makes for just the bottom ad.
You can find a few more google ads on the page, and so the total ad revenue should be much much higher. Smiley

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 06:43:25 PM

As I mentioned in my above post, that is how much the site makes for just the bottom ad.
You can find a few more google ads on the page, and so the total ad revenue should be much much higher. Smiley
Yes, you are right. Most of the faucet owners want to get profit from their faucet, they aren't entirely honest with us. I am not telling about all owners. I hope a better faucet will come soon.
Kindly,
        Muhammed Zakhir

bitsmichel

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:18:34 PM

How much does google pay out per impression?

Gimmelfarb

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:20:24 PM

Hello,
I'm new to BitCoins and I wanted to know if faucet pages are really worth the time?

generally, they are never worth it based on the current market value. but if you were doing faucets in 2010, it would be totally worth it now. ditto 2011 and 2012. so if bitcoin's value keeps rising, you may find that it will have been worth it. but if you are looking for a quick buck now -- nope.
Sydboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:42:36 PM

You have to relies people are not giving away large amounts to get people rich.
correct me if i am wrong but arent most faucets relying on google ads and that kind of thing to generate money.
The idea is people have enough to play around with and send to friends, but not quite enough to buy anything.

would you give 1000000000000000 strangers on the internet a large sum of money lol ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: