Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:46:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Creating Private Litecoin Pool Between Friends, Where To Start?  (Read 15829 times)
Tittiez (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 09:52:40 PM

So, me and a couple friends decided that we could mine in a private pool together.
Two Phenom ii X4, One X6's, One i5, and One i7.

I already own a ubuntu VPS and I have basic linux knowledge, can anyone give me an idea where to start? I understand PoolServerJ added Litecoin support, would it be best to try to use that? I just need pointed in the right direction.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pooler

Activity: 838
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 10:07:42 PM

So, me and a couple friends decided that we could mine in a private pool together.
Two Phenom ii X4, One X6's, One i5, and One i7.

I already own a ubuntu VPS and I have basic linux knowledge, can anyone give me an idea where to start? I understand PoolServerJ added Litecoin support, would it be best to try to use that? I just need pointed in the right direction.

Although the latest version of PoolServerJ advertises experimental support for scrypt-based chains, as far as I know nobody has managed to get it to work fine yet.
At the moment I think you have two choices for the pool software: ArtForz's version of pushpool or p2k's ecoinpool.

I don't recommend pushpool because it is currently unmaintained.
I think ecoinpool is the way to go.

BTC: 15MRTcUweNVJbhTyH5rq9aeSdyigFrskqE · LTC: LTCPooLqTK1SANSNeTR63GbGwabTKEkuS7
scintill

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 10:27:42 PM

You might be able to create a private litecoin p2pool.  I think if everyone edits the litecoin BOOTSTRAP_ADDRS in p2pool/networks.py to only include your own nodes, it will work.  There could be more to it though.

1SCiN5kqkAbxxwesKMsH9GvyWnWP5YK2W | donations
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 10:30:58 PM

Sure! Make your own Litecoin P2Pool node! For you and for your friends...
With that, you can grow with the rest of us...

A Complete Guide to P2Pool - For Ubuntu Linux... (for both Bitcoin and Litecoin)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=62842.0

Cheers!
Thiago
Tittiez (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 10:43:18 PM

I'll give your suggestions a shot, thanks guys!
LoWang

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 09:46:35 PM

hello, so did you give it a shot? Wink
Tittiez (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 10:01:39 PM

hello, so did you give it a shot? Wink

Yeah actually I did, and I had ecoinpool working just fine. My friends slowly stopped mining so I eventually scrapped it to use the VPS for other things, but not before we mined a few blocks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: