Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:43:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Aren't people bored of NEM yet?  (Read 2413 times)
gorillajam (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

win

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 05:32:21 AM

NEM has got to be the most boring, lead by committee coin I have ever had the misfortune to read about on here. I actually have some stakes.....a few of them actually, fairness my ass. Pages and pages of discussions and google documents and voting etc with no actual product. Man I yawn even thinking about it.

The leader seems to be under the illusion he is some great leader for goodness, fairness. A Marxist wet dream basically. When he seems to me to be a typical lover of bureaucracy, having power and control. I assume a childhood where he was controlled by parents or others.

In contrast the Qora developer is fast, works almost alone and delivers everything he promises without committees and fuss, very refreshing.

So why the multiple threads about the possibility of a future wallet and coin when new developments from completely new code have come out in the form of Qora. Why hope when you can have?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522102.0

pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 07:13:41 AM

Shameless bashing of NEM for advertising Qora

I hold both
gorillajam (OP)

win

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:21:33 AM

I hold both

me too. One is an innovative coin that is available to buy and the other is vapourware that ended up making an imaginary coin on NXT, NXT the system NEM has been blasting all this time.

Plus I have many NEM stakes, the fairness thing it hangs on is a joke. NEM bashed NXT to pieces to get its foot in the crypto door. It's deserves criticism for all the praise and belief people put in it, it really is a failed idea, in terms of fairness and in terms of implementation.

You're right it is shameless, I have no shame telling people about the next best thing in Crypto, why would I?

NEM cheerleaders are the perfect people to tell about Qora cause everything they want has already happened in Qora. Why not tell them while the price is dirt cheap.

devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:40:50 AM

I hold both

I hold neither Smiley

NEM is nothing but talk as has been stated. I might buy it when they release an alpha client and the NEM stake goes to 3000 NXT, that is, both of these events must happen before I buy it.

Qora? NXT can do what Qora can do and more. I registered a few aliases in Qora just for the fun of it when I tried it, but haven't bought in any qoras yet, someone sent me a hundred. Can you tell me why I should buy Qora instead of NXT?
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:17:27 PM

NEM has got to be the most boring, lead by committee coin I have ever had the misfortune to read about on here. I actually have some stakes.....a few of them actually, fairness my ass. Pages and pages of discussions and google documents and voting etc with no actual product. Man I yawn even thinking about it.

The leader seems to be under the illusion he is some great leader for goodness, fairness. A Marxist wet dream basically. When he seems to me to be a typical lover of bureaucracy, having power and control. I assume a childhood where he was controlled by parents or others.

In contrast the Qora developer is fast, works almost alone and delivers everything he promises without committees and fuss, very refreshing.

So why the multiple threads about the possibility of a future wallet and coin when new developments from completely new code have come out in the form of Qora. Why hope when you can have?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522102.0

The motivation becomes clear as we approach the end of the post. You have us all fooled Roll Eyes

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:24:29 PM

I hold both

I hold neither Smiley

NEM is nothing but talk as has been stated. I might buy it when they release an alpha client and the NEM stake goes to 3000 NXT, that is, both of these events must happen before I buy it.

Qora? NXT can do what Qora can do and more. I registered a few aliases in Qora just for the fun of it when I tried it, but haven't bought in any qoras yet, someone sent me a hundred. Can you tell me why I should buy Qora instead of NXT?

A NEM stake wouldn't be 3000 NxT ($180) if there was an alpha client released, nowhere close.  I'm prepared to buy NEM (pre-alpha) if it drops to 9000 NxT ($500) as would others.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:26:17 PM

I hold both

I hold neither Smiley

You can buy 160 qora to 1 nxt. Upside to qora is crazy!

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Labteck

Activity: 311

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:08:55 PM

dumping hard now...goes to 10k

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████  █████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████  ██████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████  ███████████████████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
       VIORCOIN[by_conty] ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████  █████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████  ██████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████  ███████████████████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
        Make International Calls
      Cheap and More Secure
devphp

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:20:34 PM

A NEM stake wouldn't be 3000 NxT ($180) if there was an alpha client released, nowhere close.  I'm prepared to buy NEM (pre-alpha) if it drops to 9000 NxT ($500) as would others.

Just wait and see Wink

By the way, when/if the NEM alpha client is released, 3000 NXT would be much more than $180.
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:33:48 PM

You guys know that all these altcoins are nothing more but Air right? There is no purpose for altcoin... No ebay, no Amazon, no Overstock, none will ever implement these coins... Bitcoin is the winner, better just keep those instead of pumping hard-earned cash into these overpriced ideas with bs names. No Envy Movement, you kidding me? Everyone here is just a greedy investor that only bought stakes in the hope that they will rise...

Yes I am Tired of NEM.

Btw. if ur interested in buying into altcoins without purpose, i guess Ethereum would be a better bet than NEM.
gorillajam (OP)

win

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:13:25 PM

You guys know that all these altcoins are nothing more but Air right? There is no purpose for altcoin... No ebay, no Amazon, no Overstock, none will ever implement these coins... Bitcoin is the winner, better just keep those instead of pumping hard-earned cash into these overpriced ideas with bs names. No Envy Movement, you kidding me? Everyone here is just a greedy investor that only bought stakes in the hope that they will rise...

Yes I am Tired of NEM.

Btw. if ur interested in buying into altcoins without purpose, i guess Ethereum would be a better bet than NEM.

Ethereum, the brainchild and funding of Goldman Sachs mmmm please sign me up! Thats got to be the biggest insult to Bitcoin, ie investing in the same people that inspired Satoshi to make Bitcoin in the first place.

Thats a dumb view of NXT, cause NXT can in theory be a proxy for all assets including Gold and Fiat. In that sense its way more desirable as a store of wealth compared to Bitcoin. Bitcoin is better seen as a payment system.

Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:17:47 PM

I think Counterparty Protocol offers a better alternative than NXT if ur talking about this wealth storing option.
gorillajam (OP)

win

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:34:56 PM

I hold both

I hold neither Smiley

You asked a valid point and I'll give my honest answer.

1) Firstly I don't know everything about what is under the hood of Qora so I can't like most people say why its better than NXT even if it had exactly the same functions. But I do trust the abilities of the developer and he has stated the implementation has been done to make it future proof. What this means i'm not sure..

2) So I think people are tired of new coins coming out everyday. I get that, I agree. BUT there are in theory if you remove clones and coins built ontop of other coins which are actually functioning is only about 3!!!   Bitcoin, NXT and I guess Ripple, what else is there? That means a new code such as Qora makes it a serious consideration compared to other junk clones.

3) So You said you can do with NXT and more than Qora. Well thats not true as Qora will have all the functions of NXT with colored coins etc in possibly the next few weeks. Plus it has the possibility of cross blockchain trading and anonymity. None of which I have heard mentioned for NXT. So I could turn the statement around and say Qora can do what NXT does and more.

4) Also confusing similar functions in coins is a very shallow understanding of the technology involved. Its like saying Windows is the same as OS cause it basically does the same things. Or that a Ferrari is the same as a Volvo cause they are both cars. Who implements the functions best will win the day in the end. Qora aims to be user friendly and the truth is I hate using NXT just like I would hate to drive a Volvo. Again whats under the hood is not something you can dismiss.  

5) The price is a fraction of NXT. This is the time to invest heavily, genuine new coins always end up in the top 10 coins on Coinmarketcap. This will be no exception.

6) There is a possibility that Qora developer is BCNext. Now if this were true then it basically blows NXT out of the water. I personally had my doubts at first but anyone following the coin is coming to the conclusion they really might be the same person.

7) Here's my final one. I feel like Qora is being developed with a much clearer vision than NXT ever was. No decisions by committees just strong leadership and clear direction where this coin is going. Betting against the developer seems to be a fools game at this point as he has delivered everything he said he would without fuss.

So if you genuinely want to know about Qora and your not scum pond life trying to spread FUD and you just want to know what are the best coins to invest in I would turn the question around and ask you:

Why would I buy NXT instead of Qora?

gorillajam (OP)

win

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:52:07 PM

I think Counterparty Protocol offers a better alternative than NXT if ur talking about this wealth storing option.

Well counterparty is ultimatly built ontop of Bitcoin. Bitcoin was never meant to be built upon. Its great that people are pushing Bitcoin forward but developing something that is designed to be built upon in the future is going to give a better base to work from. Blockchain bloat is just one good reason not to build ontop of Bitcoin. Qora has focused on being future proof and improving on the problems that Bitcoin has and has been designed so more can be built onto it. 

Hey I love Bitcoin. Is it the best technology long term? I have my doubts.

Casu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:01:05 PM

I would be more interested in Qora if people weren't trying to ram it down my throat so much about how cheap it is. 3.5 million dollar market cap for a coin is not 'dirt cheap' when most of the promised features are still in development.
gorillajam (OP)

win

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:12:43 PM

I would be more interested in Qora if people weren't trying to ram it down my throat so much about how cheap it is. 3.5 million dollar market cap for a coin is not 'dirt cheap' when most of the promised features are still in development.

The promised features are only a few weeks or less away if the developer keeps roughly to the schedule. Of course you can buy after that but don't expect the price to be what it is now. So 'in development' in the same way other coins have features that are 'in development'  would be a misunderstanding. Implementation of features would better describe the situation.

devphp

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:30:35 PM

You guys seriously expect the developer to keep to the schedule?

If there is one thing I learned about software developers is that they never keep to the schedule and always leave some nasty bug behind Smiley
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:32:03 PM

With NEM this won't happen:

Seems I was on a fork for days!!!

It's best to keep an eye on the blockexplorer.
http://coinia.net/qora/blockexplorer.php

As you can see QPVknSmwDryB98Hh8xB7E6U75dGFYwNkJ4 is controlling the chain.
If they keep controlling it I will start forging with the shares that have not been claimed yet.
gorillajam (OP)

win

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 05:46:51 PM

You guys seriously expect the developer to keep to the schedule?

If there is one thing I learned about software developers is that they never keep to the schedule and always leave some nasty bug behind Smiley

Generally yes I do.

I feel a bit bad for Qora. He released a beta that he asked people to download and try and break. Almost nobody gave any negative feedback cause basically they didn't play with it. Then he released and then bugs turned up. Its normal of course and nearly every day or two a new version is released. Who does that remind you of NXTters!!!!

We are looking pretty stable now.

gorillajam (OP)

win

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 05:48:27 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2014, 06:12:23 PM by gorillajam

With NEM this won't happen:

Seems I was on a fork for days!!!

It's best to keep an eye on the blockexplorer.
http://coinia.net/qora/blockexplorer.php

As you can see QPVknSmwDryB98Hh8xB7E6U75dGFYwNkJ4 is controlling the chain.
If they keep controlling it I will start forging with the shares that have not been claimed yet.

True, because NEM won't happen.

Qora just like NXT is in first couple of weeks so stability is always an issue. Generally though Qora has been problem free.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: