Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 03:59:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PC Gaming Thread  (Read 14350 times)
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:55:53 PM

Pardon me, but I can't find Watch Dogs and GTA V specially it's confirmed that it's coming to PC this fall.

What do you mean you can't find Watch Dogs? Steam has it on the front page still I believe. It's pretty expensive though at the moment. Steam summer sale is coming soon too Cheesy

Marlo Stanfield

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:46:48 PM

Today i started playing Civilization V, there are wonderful mods in the steam workshop but they require Gods and Kings or Brave New World DLC. And there is a 75% for Civilization Franchise on Steam. Should i buy Brave New World or Gods and Kings?

I just ended up buying both of them for btc from this thread on here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=468366.msg7257455#msg7257455

Couldn't resist the sale Tongue

Definitely recommend buying Steam games for btc from this shop btw. I don't have any affiliation with them but they are my go to source for games now.
oli123123
Legendary

Activity: 1445
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 11:56:27 PM

Today i started playing Civilization V, there are wonderful mods in the steam workshop but they require Gods and Kings or Brave New World DLC. And there is a 75% for Civilization Franchise on Steam. Should i buy Brave New World or Gods and Kings?

I just ended up buying both of them for btc from this thread on here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=468366.msg7257455#msg7257455

Couldn't resist the sale Tongue

Definitely recommend buying Steam games for btc from this shop btw. I don't have any affiliation with them but they are my go to source for games now.
I bought Brave New World from Steam, it's awesome!
Este Nuno (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:48:40 AM

Oblivion is great, much better than Skyrim imo. Few games I've enjoyed as much as it.

+1, I bought Skyrim when it came out and played 80 hours. Haven't picked it up since then. Meanwhile, I played through oblivion for 150 hours, then my hard drive died so I lost everything...and I came back and started a new character. I just love the atmosphere and the quests in oblivion, I think those two things are so superior to Skyrim. Currently trying to get all the mods up to make Oblivion look good before I play again.
After playing Skyrim the graphics are a let down. But the gameplay and story - best one around. Smiley

That's why I want to do in a step by step fashion: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim. That way the graphics will only get better and won't take away from the experience at all.

I'm currently playing the Witcher 1 now and at some point I'll do The Witcher 2 and 3 in that order as well. I think it's the best way.
I have the Witcher, never came around to play it, is it any good?

I'm finding it ok but I'm not loving it to be honest. Right about in the middle of it right now. It's pretty good but I had really high expectations I guess.
FlyForFun

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:48:46 AM

Anybody here still playing FlyForFun?

Este Nuno (OP)
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:25:23 PM

I remember there was a guy who's dad went bankrupt and lost his computer store because he kept buying in game currency in that game. Something about spending it on some girl or something.

I think I might have read it on Something Awful, but I'm not sure.
CounterStrike

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:40:20 PM

I remember there was a guy who's dad went bankrupt and lost his computer store because he kept buying in game currency in that game. Something about spending it on some girl or something.

Oh that sucks, never though people would spend so much money into games..
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:02:23 PM

Well, changing from my local currency to USD, I already spent 94USD in Elsword.
The game has a system much like TF2: you can get for free containers(in Elsword, Ice Sculptures; in TF2, crates) and the item to open it is a thing that costs a bit more than 1 buck to open.(in Elsword, Ice Burner aka IB; in TF2, Keys) The idea behind this is a gamble system to get nice and unique visuals with a very rare drop chance. From those 94$, all the 35$ I spent yesterday I will dump everything on IBs.
But Elsword keeps putting more and more things into the game, its impossible to not dump more money in it to not get behind. Just to keep things up, at least 30USD must be spent, because there are some itens that can't be traded, neither can be get for free. One of these is the expansion of your skills shortcut, or the so called B-Bar. You go from 4 skills to 8 skills, what in a hack'n slash game like this is a must have.

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
Este Nuno (OP)
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:09:09 PM

The game has a system much like TF2: you can get for free containers(in Elsword, Ice Sculptures; in TF2, crates) and the item to open it is a thing that costs a bit more than 1 buck to open.(in Elsword, Ice Burner aka IB; in TF2, Keys) The idea behind this is a gamble system to get nice and unique visuals with a very rare drop chance. From those 94$, all the 35$ I spent yesterday I will dump everything on IBs.
But Elsword keeps putting more and more things into the game, its impossible to not dump more money in it to not get behind. Just to keep things up, at least 30USD must be spent, because there are some itens that can't be traded, neither can be get for free. One of these is the expansion of your skills shortcut, or the so called B-Bar. You go from 4 skills to 8 skills, what in a hack'n slash game like this is a must have.

I think the guy from the FlyForFun game spent around $20,000 USD or something.

I think spending money on games is alright in moderation. But some people go too far. Also if you're already rich it doesn't really matter. But this guy ruined his business for nothing.
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:28:47 PM

I think spending money on games is alright in moderation. But some people go too far. Also if you're already rich it doesn't really matter. But this guy ruined his business for nothing.

Wow, just wow. I can't even imagine why it would be necessary even more than 1000USD.
If I ever spend 500USD on Elsword this will be probably 10 years playing it if not more.

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
TheDragonSlayer

Activity: 273

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:38:23 PM

My friend spend almost $50,000 on WOW and RO.

negafen

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 04:34:04 PM

Irrational action from gamer these day.
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:42:09 PM

Irrational action from gamer these day.

I'm sure much more people spend that amount on cigarettes and alcohol every few year.
Almost everyone has their expensive hobby or vice, if they can afford it it's not a problem really.
Marlo Stanfield

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:45:09 PM

How does one manage to spend that much on WoW? Buying gold I guess? There's only so much gold can do though isn't there? What's the point of having so much gold?
oli123123
Legendary

Activity: 1445

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:48:30 PM

What is RO? Ragnarok Online?
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 07:55:32 AM

Sleeping Dogs

Kimowa

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:15:02 AM

What is RO? Ragnarok Online?

Yes, RO is ragnarok online, very famous couple game.

sj2199

Activity: 797
Merit: 500

BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:29:24 AM

cod 1..............

it was really a long game..

Rapido

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:26:07 PM

I would recommend that you wait for AC:Unity and Dragon Age Inquisition.

I'm also waiting for Shadow of Mordor just because i love LOTR.  Grin

But for the mean time Dragon Age Origins is a good game to play plus Mass Effect and Skyrim with Mods.

If you like GTA you could try playing Saints Row III and IV, they are a lot of fun. DUBSTEP GUN. LOL!
Azgalush

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:40:16 PM

You should, no, you must buy TES III + IV + V. That will be an experience you certainly won't regret. Even Morrowind is still an amazing game, even though it was released more than 10 years ago.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: