Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:55:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Invest bitcoins or not  (Read 1255 times)
alex21btc (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 06:34:55 PM

Hi!
I collect some bitcoins, and I want invest.
I saw few investing websites and I don't sure are this sites safe?
Can you recommend me some verified sites?
And what you think about this earning method?

You can try - http://thebestfreebitco.in/ Best way to earn bitcoins
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:40:56 PM

Some sites are proving themselves to be quite reliable; Coinbase, Prelude.io, Bitstamp, Cryptsy. I'd suggest any of them, and mostly Cryptsy if you want to try investing in alternatives to Bitcoin.

What we think about this earning method? Well, if we thought it was a bad idea, we wouldn't be here Wink
It's risky, but the reward is bigger than the risk, in my opinion.
agoraadnim

Activity: 75

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:47:15 PM

Depends on what the sites were? If they say stuff like "get 3 percent back daily!" or something like that its either a scam or a HYIP which is a type of ponzi scheme that will eventually run out of money. Now you can make a lot of money of these but you can also lose all your money easily.
There's investments like coin gambling sites were you invest to become part of the overall bank and receive part of all the profits from the site. These are nice and probably safer but you won't get rich from it unless you have alot to throw in.
There's also investments such as Bitcoin lending which seems pretty ok but I haven't tried much of it.
And finally there's the stock market as there are a lot of stocks you can get with btc these days.

Just be smart when it comes to investment and know what you are sending you money to.
You can check my blog in my sig to see what I've been using with success if you want.

❂❂❂How I make a living with Bitcoins
Free Bitcoin Methods
ncsupanda
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:50:31 PM

Just be smart when it comes to investment and know what you are sending you money to.

This! Purely this.

Don't just blindly invest your Bitcoin, regardless of how much you have. Give us some examples of what you're considering, and we can give you opinions to help you make a SMART decision.
nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:06:29 PM

This! Purely this.

Don't just blindly invest your Bitcoin, regardless of how much you have. Give us some examples of what you're considering, and we can give you opinions to help you make a SMART decision.

Yes there are definitely some good investments on this forum.
Just look for a few you would invest in and post them here.
So we could also take a look at them and tell you if it's a smart idea or not.
Maybe invest in a gambling website, I see alot of people like to gamble with there Bitcoins.
lynn_402

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:10:31 PM

Imho, these Bitcoin related investments are worth considering: DigitalCoinfarm, Cannabit, and CoinReturn.
All three can be judged as trustworthy since they did not run with the money after their IPO, and they post updates often.
You can find them on Cryptostocks. However, Cryptostocks itself is quite shady, so staying away completely might be wiser (btw, deposits are not working atm).
And always do your own research; trust nobody on this forum, especially not me Wink
alex21btc (OP)

Activity: 80

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 07:14:55 PM

I think to invest on sites like qoingrow or sites like get daily 4% of your investing.
But maybe I changed a mind. I think is trading is better solution.

You can try - http://thebestfreebitco.in/ Best way to earn bitcoins
lynn_402

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:18:34 PM

I think to invest on sites like qoingrow or sites like get daily 4% of your investing.
But maybe I changed a mind. I think is trading is better solution.

Be very careful about trading; don't do it with more than 10% of your BTC at first, because before you gain enough experience, it's very easy to lose money.

And sites like qoingrow are pyramid scheme. To get profits there, you have to trust that other users will sign up under you. Someone always get burnt, and it can very well be you; these kinds of things are the cancers of the economy, and I'd highly suggest not risking what you have in that. And also, you'd have to trust the owner of the website not to simply run with the money - things like that have happened before.
CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:35:01 PM

Justdice has been reliable, and I've had a 40% roi in a year. Doog seems to know what he's doing, but 40k btc is a lot to trust him with. We can only hope 40k is enough to inspire someone to hunt him down if he runs, and that is enough to keep him from running. He says he has a deadman switch implemented. And there is a place to enter an emergency withdrawal address... but that could always be a front. I've only been brave enough to trust him with about 5% of my holdings.

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:15:08 PM

Some sites are proving themselves to be quite reliable; Coinbase, Prelude.io, Bitstamp, Cryptsy. I'd suggest any of them, and mostly Cryptsy if you want to try investing in alternatives to Bitcoin.

What we think about this earning method? Well, if we thought it was a bad idea, we wouldn't be here Wink

Be VERY careful with cryptsy, they dont seem to be acting very ethically and may be operating on a fractional reserve :/
lynn_402

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:23:22 PM

Be VERY careful with cryptsy, they dont seem to be acting very ethically and may be operating on a fractional reserve :/

Really? On what grounds can you affirm that?
DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:49:48 PM

Just hold the btc you have, and maybe buy some others now.
Apple will accept bitcoins in their apps, this is a huge news, no need to invest them now and risk to lose all the coins because of a scam.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
lynn_402

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:03:17 PM

Just hold the btc you have, and maybe buy some others now.
Apple will accept bitcoins in their apps, this is a huge news, no need to invest them now and risk to lose all the coins because of a scam.

Very good advice. It's fine to use a small percentage of your Bitcoins to play with high-risk/high-rewards opportunities, but the majority of one's Bitcoins should be left alone in cold storage. Bitcoin and altcoins are already in themselves potentially very lucrative investments, and they are less risky than all the bitcoin-related investment you may find on the internet and on this forum.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3273

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:56:28 PM

Investing BTC (i.e. buying shares, or lending BTC, or doing cloud mining) is extremely risky. I've lost a lot of money investing BTC because companies fail, exchanges fail, and there are plenty of scams out there.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
lynn_402

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:10:36 PM

Investing BTC (i.e. buying shares, or lending BTC, or doing cloud mining) is extremely risky. I've lost a lot of money investing BTC because companies fail, exchanges fail, and there are plenty of scams out there.

I still feel bitter about Neobee..
OP should study the many failed securities that have been, if you plan on investing in one of the new ones.
ferman

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Sanırım BAN 11 Nisan'a uzadı...

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 11:17:58 PM

i think mintpal is good. i use them and not complain. but i prefer to you this = split your coins to differents sites Smiley

Trading
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:27:17 AM

You can open an account at Bitfinex and lend your bitcoins at good rates allowing others to leverage. The coins can't leave the exchange, so they can't default on you. The only serious risk is a problem with the exchange.

Be very careful with the places you sent your coins. There are lot of scammers promising high returns. Never send any, before doing serious searches on the site.

But basically, by having bitcoins, you are already investing.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
Testing123

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 02:23:20 AM

Hi!

If you are talking about those sites claiming to double your bitcoin or give you 150% profit in a few days, they are ponzi and you shouldn't consider it an investment but a gamble.

For a safer investment, you may invest in the bankroll of JD.

claugoz14

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:54:22 AM

In my opinion you should act carefully, you know in this moment the price per BTC is about $600, if you want to invest there are a few altcoin which are good to invest, I used about 20% of the amount of BTC to invest it in, LTC, Doge, BCN those coins are in a good price and stable. Good luck with your bussiness.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:35:05 PM

www.just-dice.com

you can invest money there or gamble.

When you invest, people who gamble and lose will earn you money, when you gamble, well it's just gambling.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: