Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:50:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: best phone with which app  (Read 1367 times)
cryptocall (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:29:43 PM

hey gang,

I was wondering which cell phone is the best phone to use for moving bitcoin?  

I recently purchased some coin, took a picture of the receipt and tried to attach to email but couldn't. pretty sure it's the iphone because I couldn't upload the picture via iphone email client or when going to the email website on my iphone, either.  had to wait until I got back home to use desktop pc. also, I can't find an app for the iphone that will allow me to send coin. so I'm thinking it's probably the iphone.

any suggestions on which cell phone is best for bitcoin transfers and which app?  heavens, when is someone going to invent the bitcoin phone,  Grin !

appreciate all your help.

crypto

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 01:15:24 AM

Which cell phone?  Lol I'm not sure if there is a special phone just for bitcoin.  I use an android app called "Bitcoin Wallet" by Andreas Schildbach.  Not sure what apps are on iOS, just search up bitcoin wallet and see what you get.
dbshck
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 2441
Merit: 1616

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:14:18 AM

Well Android phone would be best for it. You can do almost everything with it, uploading pictures in email wouldn't be a problem.

AFAIK, In Android you can do bitcoin transaction through Bitcoin wallet, Blockchain App, and Coinbase app.
You can also install altcoin price ticker Cheesy

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
torusJKL

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:16:43 AM

Go for an Android device. It has the best support for Bitcoin as of today.

With the iPhone and Windows phone you never know if an what kind of Bitcoin apps you'll get and they could get taken of the appstore any moment.

If you find my post useful send some Bitcoin: 167XM1Za8aG9CdbYuHFMpL2kvPsw6uC8da
Bitrated || bitcoin-otc || Moon Bitcoin Faucet
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 12:13:05 PM

Go for an Android device. It has the best support for Bitcoin as of today.

With the iPhone and Windows phone you never know if an what kind of Bitcoin apps you'll get and they could get taken of the appstore any moment.

There is no app on iWhatever that allows you to send Bitcoins. Apple just does not allow it.
See e.g. here: http://www.coindesk.com/apple-approves-bitwallet-ios-app-btc-sending-function-blocked/

-snip-
I recently purchased some coin, took a picture of the receipt and tried to attach to email but couldn't.
-snip-

Please dont do that again. Sending the code that allows you to get the coins via EMail is a very dump idea. Sniffing mails is way to easy.

As state above iPhone has no App for Bitoin. Apple does not approve

Android has several you can choose from but AFAIK all of them had problems in the past. Mainly because its a phone and thus not very secure. Im not talking about stealing it, but rather about the limitations of the hardware. Andoird had problems with its random number generator.
If you must use a phone do not load more bitcoins on it as you would carry around in cash. Keep the rest of your coins safe at home.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
nixon99

Activity: 637
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:58:40 AM

Any with Android, go Quarks and Particle wallets.
Good luck.
SOAD

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:32:42 AM

Not the iphone that's for sure, but I think they're going to allow btc apps again soon.

Coinsera

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:45:22 PM

hey gang,

I recently purchased some coin, took a picture of the receipt and tried to attach to email but couldn't. pretty sure it's the iphone because I couldn't upload the picture via iphone email client or when going to the email website on my iphone, either.  had to wait until I got back home to use desktop pc. also, I can't find an app for the iphone that will allow me to send coin. so I'm thinking it's probably the iphone.

any suggestions on which cell phone is best for bitcoin transfers and which app?  heavens, when is someone going to invent the bitcoin phone,  Grin !

crypto

There is not any specific hardware required to trade bitcoin, there are lots of traders online who provide services in change of some fees.

Thanks
BigMac
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:12:16 PM

Any android phone + "Bitcoin Wallet for Android" work great. Smiley

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.schildbach.wallet
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=100.0

nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:58:29 PM

Yesterday there was a topic about Apple accepting bitcoin wallet apps soon.
So soon we can all enjoy bitcoin on our phone.
Hoever for this moment android would be the best indeed.
I think the standart bitcoin wallet you can find in the google store is good for everyone.
BigMac
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:36:24 AM

Yesterday there was a topic about Apple accepting bitcoin wallet apps soon.
So soon we can all enjoy bitcoin on our phone.
Hoever for this moment android would be the best indeed.
I think the standart bitcoin wallet you can find in the google store is good for everyone.

The link to that thread should be https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=636494.0.

And yup, we should be able to use bitcoin on apple's device as well soon. Smiley

Leina

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:26:58 AM

Apple already lose a big portion of market share.

Hardly seen any innovation and new product after Steve Jobs gone. Its day to stay on the stop spot are probably numbered.

Stay with Android, open source system, and more in line with bitcoin spirit.

DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:53:22 AM

There isn't any specific phone for bitcoin apps, you have to buy any Android device (and in the future also iPhones will be compatible).

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
dan14941

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:21:36 PM

I think there is a coinbase app for iphone Huh
Havent tried but i saw it on a video  Roll Eyes
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:56:58 PM

hey gang,

any suggestions on which cell phone is best for bitcoin transfers and which app?  heavens, when is someone going to invent the bitcoin phone,  Grin !

crypto

Personally I would be cautious of keeping a wallet on phone.  I would not hold all my BTC in it.  If you truly had to send from phone you could look at online client's.  Or even look at teamviewer if you have a computer that is on.

I just am a little cautious of a device esp if you are rooting etc with phone.  Which if you are a bitcoin person I'm guessing decent chance of you rooting Wink
Gargulan

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:41:44 PM

Android would be the best choice for the foreseeable future.

lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:39:38 PM

You need to use an android phone (not an Iphone) in order to receive and send bitcoins. I'd suggest using the blockchain app. That way you can have your blockchain wallet accessable on the PC or anywhere else in the world AND access it on your phone. That way if you lose/break your phone you didn't just lose all of your bitcoins. If you want a wallet that is only on your phone (and store backups elsewhere) then I suggest using Mycelium.

If you are US based I'd also suggest signing up with coinbase so that it's easy to buy and sell bitcoins. You can then use the coinbase app to receive/send bitcoins anywhere you like.

In the past I've had some problems with the blockchain QR scanner, but the coinbase QR scanner has never had any issues for me.

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
dan14941

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:06:50 AM

Nope he was using a browser Sad
Mikez

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 12:20:42 PM

Nope he was using a browser Sad

Yeah, that's how they made BitPay demos on the iPhone as well.
I think Apple will eventually accept Bitcoin wallets in the Appstore.

Cancan

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 12:26:48 PM

Not the iphone that's for sure, but I think they're going to allow btc apps again soon.

Actually, you can install the Blockchain wallet for iOS(if your device is jailbroken).

Where can I download it?

Due to restrictions from Apple the bitcoin wallet functionaility is not available in the app store version. However it is still available for free download with limited features.

For Jailbroken iphones the app is also available in TheBigBoss.org Cydia Repository

If you have a developer account you may compile from source available in our github repository (lGPL v3)
Source: http://blockchain.info/wallet/iphone-app
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: