Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:01:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple Approves Bitcoin Wallets  (Read 9437 times)
Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:32:08 PM

This looks like it, maybe why we are once again going up after the big drop off.
This might really start things rolling.

http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-apps-in-the-app-store-2014-6

It looks like Apple has updated its app developer guidelines today to allow for Bitcoin apps.

The new clause under section 11.17, which was flagged by folks on Twitter like investor Bill Lee today https://twitter.com/westcoastbill/status/473555837982900226, reads:

Apps may facilitate transmission of approved virtual currencies provided that they do so in compliance with all state and federal laws for the territories in which the app functions.

That sounds like Bitcoin!

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adamselene

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:37:59 PM

I know a lot of people hesitant about bitcoin because of Apple.

Yeah, bitcoin will march on regardless of what they say or do, but it's the difference between marching through mud vs on pavement.

Big news.
RUEHL

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:40:41 PM

Big news, now I don't have to carry around 2 phones:

(1) iPhone my main phone
(2) Android my Bitcoin phone which I don't feel too secure about.

Donate BTC: 1FzpMgR34pJbEqtiMEujRiidoL7PgGPaUH
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:42:18 PM

I know a lot of people hesitant about bitcoin because of Apple.

Yeah, bitcoin will march on regardless of what they say or do, but it's the difference between marching through mud vs on pavement.

Big news.

totally agree

this ain't a 5% rise people
this deserves a big rise and ongoing

so much good news coming, including plethora of atms arriving all over world

hoping winklevii ipo is a big success when that eventually happens
etc

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
RUEHL

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:48:42 PM

Donate BTC: 1FzpMgR34pJbEqtiMEujRiidoL7PgGPaUH
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:51:09 PM

Thanks for the heads up!  I just got off my ass and bought 2 more coins.  Price is already going up.
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:52:19 PM

Biggest company in the World. I guess it's reasonably significant  Grin

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
bananaControl

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Decentralize All The Things!

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:02:49 PM

I cannot in any way understand why anyone gives a flying fuck about what that dying dinosaur of a walled garden does. With the way they operate as a company they ought to be completely irrelevant in this world  Angry
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:06:04 PM

anyone who still uses Apple after all that Bolshevist crap, needs brain surgery  Angry

a device should do what the owner wants it to do, independent from any regulation, at the end of the day it's the owner and not the lawmakers that paid for the device. apples arrogance is breathtaking.

this is like selling a car that is hard coded not to go faster than the current speed limit  Cheesy

Truth is the new hatespeech.
adamselene

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:07:05 PM

I cannot in any way understand why anyone gives a flying fuck about what that dying dinosaur of a walled garden does. With the way they operate as a company they ought to be completely irrelevant in this world  Angry

They are not innovative, but they're not a dying dinosaur. Apple and their products are still very much relevant whether you like it or not. They provide an easy and accessible product for the masses. Not everyone cares about tech like we do.

Some people just want a Toyota.
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:10:14 PM

Biggest company in the World. I guess it's reasonably significant  Grin

Roman empire was the biggest in the world - for awhile. Wink

IMHO Apples OK is irrelevant to BTC price, what it means is only that they found that messing with BTC is bad for business

Good hardware wallets will have a much stronger effect than this

Truth is the new hatespeech.
bananaControl

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:12:58 PM

They are not innovative, but they're not a dying dinosaur. Apple and their products are still very much relevant whether you like it or not. They provide an easy and accessible product for the masses. Not everyone cares about tech like we do.

Some people just want a Toyota.

I might be celebrating that a bit too early, but i do think that they will be spiraling down like last time they didn't have Steve around. He might have been a sociopath, but he was brilliant at spotting errors and bloat in products.

In any case, Apple allowing wallets is of course positive in the short run, so, yay!  Wink
BittBurger

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:15:40 PM

Its so cute watching the people who are "too cool for Apple" act unimpressed.

Go back 12 months and think how excited you would be if Apple even *acknowledged* Bitcoin existed.

This is huge news.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 09:16:06 PM

You have a very unusual definition of dying dinosaur, as Apple is both growing and profitable.

bananaControl

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:16:44 PM

Its so cute watching the people who are "too cool for Apple" act unimpressed.

Go back 12 months and think how excited you would be if Apple even *acknowledged* Bitcoin existed.

This is huge news.

Yeah, thats what I am. Thanks for telling me.
DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:17:15 PM

Good news doesn't affect too much the value but this is huge, I'm expecting an even more rapid rally when the news will spread.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:18:25 PM

Great news for all the main cryptos.
Can't wait for Blockchain wallet to be released. Means I can update my phone without worrying that the app will be removed from my device  Grin
bananaControl

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:18:35 PM

You have a very unusual definition of dying dinosaur, as Apple is both growing and profitable.

Maybe I'm underestimating peoples joy of being sodomized.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 09:24:15 PM

Android hosts 99% of mobile malware and even flagship android phone buyers are often left out on upgrades.  The android upgrade problem is do bad the majority of android devices are out of date.

So who is getting fucked more?

bananaControl

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:28:15 PM

Android hosts 99% of mobile malware and even flagship android phone buyers are often left out on upgrades.  The android upgrade problem is do bad the majority of android devices are out of date.

So who is getting fucked more?

Did I at any point praise Android?

And that problem lies in the fact that the hardware producers stops compiling for old phones, it's not an Android or google issue.. It's like saying that bitcoin is shit because of Gox.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: