Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:58:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ...and a Satoshi for the lady.  (Read 4604 times)
Atheros

Activity: 249
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 08:07:48 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2012, 08:20:42 AM by Atheros

Indeed OpenCola would be hard to come by; it's more for the spirit of the idea. The recipe for the Satoshi could say something like, "Fill to brim with OpenCola (substitute regular Coke/Pepsi)". Plus coke and triple sec is tasty. Perhaps one more ingredient and we've got ourselves a drink.

BM-GteJMPqvHRUdUHHa1u7dtYnfDaH5ogeY
Bitmessage.org - Decentralized, trustless, encrypted, authenticated messaging protocol and client.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 03:38:24 PM

I want to state first that I'm serious about this Satoshi cocktail idea. Most of the suggestions have been great, and hope they keep coming, even the crazy ones, for you'll never know when one will fork the conversation to the final result.

One would think that creating a new drink is easy, but it's not, once you delve into all the details in what makes up a fine cocktail. So far, the easy part was the name, but coming up with the proper recipe may prove more difficult than the marketing aspect. That said, continue brainstorming on the ingredients. I'm sure will come up with something.

Must include:

Cointreau Triple Sec

Strongly consider:

Smirnoff No. 21 Vodka

Options:

Bubbles (Rhubarb Dry Soda) to best represent Open Source [Open Cola]
Orange Rind & Slice of Kiwi

How about a "twist" on the apt Kamikaze: (vodka, triple sec, lime juice)
  • Alizé Gold Passion
  • Cointreau Triple Sec
  • Freshly squeezed lime juice
Then for the special dashes to make it a Satoshi:
  • Goldschläger
  • Creme de Cassis (get the reference?)

We may be getting close with deepceleron's idea. Any idea on how it will taste?
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 04:06:32 PM

• Alizé Gold Passion
  • Cointreau Triple Sec
  • Goldschläger

Probably like burnt French Sunny Delight wine cooler gone tart. But then I like Ouzo and Orange Juice.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 04:36:55 PM

• Alizé Gold Passion
  • Cointreau Triple Sec
  • Goldschläger

Probably like burnt French Sunny Delight wine cooler gone tart. But then I like Ouzo and Orange Juice.

21 for the dyslexic alcoholic:

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 09:40:56 PM

And, if at all possible, have the cocktail lady friendly. One they'll enjoy having in front of them (presentation) as well as it being palatable. But a gentleman would not be afraid to order it out of fear of it being a lady's drink.

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 08:31:09 AM

Officer: Have you been drinking?
Suspect: I only hashed one Satoshi, officer.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 10:58:35 AM

Time to revise on how this Satoshi cocktail should be created--by bartenders and mixologists. A contest! Give them simply rules and required ingredients, offer a nice prize package, then let them have at it.

The prize package can consist of all or any combination of the following:

• 100 BTC
  • A pair of alpaca socks
  • A year subscription to Bitcoin Magazine
  • BitBrew Coffee

I could have made the list longer, but you get the idea.

~Bruno~
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 04:06:06 PM

Time to revise on how this Satoshi cocktail should be created--by bartenders and mixologists. A contest! Give them simply rules and required ingredients, offer a nice prize package, then let them have at it.

• 100 BTC
  • A pair of alpaca socks
  • BitBrew Coffee

~Bruno~

I might be willing to sponsor this if we can get some other bitcoiners to donate some prizes and/or BTC. I have some suggestions, as well, for the recipe (I no longer keep a full bar at home, however, so I'll leave up to others to experiment with the exact proportions needed for the most appetizing drink):

Bourbon
Tonic
Cointreau

Garnished with mint

The Nakamoto can be a coffee drink:

Bailey's
Tequila
Coffee

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 05:39:38 PM

• 100 BTC
  • A pair of alpaca socks
  • BitBrew Coffee

~Bruno~

I might be willing to sponsor this if we can get some other bitcoiners to donate some prizes and/or BTC. I have some suggestions, as well, for the recipe (I no longer keep a full bar at home, however, so I'll leave up to others to experiment with the exact proportions needed for the most appetizing drink):

Bourbon
Tonic
Cointreau

Garnished with mint

The Nakamoto can be a coffee drink:

Bailey's
Tequila
Coffee

deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 06:36:26 PM

I propose a new cocktail, for those that went long in the market:

+

then for the proper ambiance:

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 09:39:28 PM

Phin, please tell us the story about how you were instrumental in inventing the Satoshi cocktail one more time.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 11:22:31 PM

Great idea. Good luck with it!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2012, 01:16:50 AM

Thanks, Herodes.

I do like edd's two ideas, albeit not naming one of them a Nakamoto, but can envision either cocktail to be referred to as a BTC. Perhaps the following one (but the other one is just as good):

Bailey's
Tequila
Coffee

I had something else come to mind last night after I wrote my last post, but edd's suggestion of naming one of the drinks a Nakamoto that he offered up, kind of put a wrinkle in my plans. But I'll pretend he didn't suggestion it, and go ahead and lay out my thinking, with apologies to edd.

Somehow I envisioned that when a Satoshi is ordered, it's customarily/required to order a Nakamoto at the same time (cocktail lounges should love this idea). Therefore, I propose having the bartenders/mixologists develop two cocktails at the same time to win the contest. A Satoshi for the lady and a Nakamoto for the gentleman. When drinking alone, he (or her) could have a BTC. Here's the beauty in my idea. Many a time, once asked by the server what you're having, the reply is 'what do you suggest?' The server should naturally suggest what's all the rage--a Satoshi and Nakamoto (once again, a Satoshi for her and the Nakamoto for him), thus generating more profit for the venue.

~Bruno~

edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2012, 01:47:51 AM

Thanks, Herodes.

I do like edd's two ideas, albeit not naming one of them a Nakamoto, but can envision either cocktail to be referred to as a BTC. Perhaps the following one (but the other one is just as good):

Bailey's
Tequila
Coffee

I had something else come to mind last night after I wrote my last post, but edd's suggestion of naming one of the drinks a Nakamoto that he offered up, kind of put a wrinkle in my plans. But I'll pretend he didn't suggestion it, and go ahead and lay out my thinking, with apologies to edd.

Somehow I envisioned that when a Satoshi is ordered, it's customarily/required to order a Nakamoto at the same time (cocktail lounges should love this idea). Therefore, I propose having the bartenders/mixologists develop two cocktails at the same time to win the contest. A Satoshi for the lady and a Nakamoto for the gentleman. When drinking alone, he (or her) could have a BTC. Here's the beauty in my idea. Many a time, once asked by the server what you're having, the reply is 'what do you suggest?' The server should naturally suggest what's all the rage--a Satoshi and Nakamoto (once again, a Satoshi for her and the Nakamoto for him), thus generating more profit for the venue.

~Bruno~

I'm not a big fan of stereotyping a gender, but I do realize many women prefer their drinks sweeter and fruitier than most men. Maybe a bartender could suggest two exciting, sexy new drinks that have similar recipes. When asked "What's the difference?" the reply would be, "The Satoshi is sweet, the Nakamoto isn't."

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2012, 02:16:22 AM

Thanks, Herodes.

Bailey's
Tequila
Coffee

~Bruno~

I'm not a big fan of stereotyping a gender, but I do realize many women prefer their drinks sweeter and fruitier than most men. Maybe a bartender could suggest two exciting, sexy new drinks that have similar recipes. When asked "What's the difference?" the reply would be, "The Satoshi is sweet, the Nakamoto isn't."

"The Satoshi is sweet, while the Nakamoto is less so ?." Needs changing, to infer that men are or are not sweet.

"Like you lovely couple, they compliment each other."
Electricbees

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

We are bees, and we hate you.

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 06:22:48 AM

More drinks! I'm fully committed to adding these to my cocktail repertoire.

Donations are welcome!
1BEES19ds5gEnRBoU1qNFPfjRXe94trMG3
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2012, 04:43:00 PM

Let's see if I can give the Satoshi & Nakamoto cocktails some more legs.

World Cocktail Week™ 2011 http://www.museumoftheamericancocktail.org/WCD/default.aspx
World Cocktail Week® will be celebrated this year from May 6 – 13th with fundraising events planned in cities around the world.

Bitcoin Magazine could announce the "Satoshi & Nakamoto" contest in its second edition (God, let it be April). The prize list will be linkable on the online version.

These folks sure do know how to hold a convention:

And, at the next and future Bitcoin Conf, the featured cocktails will be the Satoshi & Nakamoto and the BTC.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2012, 03:42:32 AM

Let's see if I can give the Satoshi & Nakamoto cocktails some more legs.

World Cocktail Week™ 2011 http://www.museumoftheamericancocktail.org/WCD/default.aspx
World Cocktail Week® will be celebrated this year from May 6 – 13th with fundraising events planned in cities around the world.

Bitcoin Magazine could announce the "Satoshi & Nakamoto" contest in its second edition (God, let it be April). The prize list will be linkable on the online version.

These folks sure do know how to hold a convention:

And, at the next and future Bitcoin Conf, the featured cocktails will be the Satoshi & Nakamoto and the BTC.

My apologies for reviving not one, but now two, vintage threads. Trust me, though, for it was necessary in both these cases.

I truly like to see a couple viable recipes for these two drinks--Satoshi & Nakamoto. Reason being is that I'm confident that I'm going to secure a drinking establishment in Chicago (good client of mine) and believe I can get the drinks on the menu. Plus there's a glorified meetup planned set for May 12, in Chicago, with plans of visiting not one, put two establishments that accept Bitcoin.

There's going to be bitcoiners flying in from halfway around the world to attend this meetup...there'll be news reporters from CNN, Reuters, etc.,...a big announcement is going to be made at this meetup...keynote speakers will speak...(I knew I shouldn't have written that french kissing post)Grin

Seriously, let's discuss these drinks some more.

~Bruno~
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2012, 04:33:10 AM

I'd love to try a Satoshi & a Nakamoto when I'm in Chicago on May 12th!

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2012, 04:40:05 AM

I'd love to try a Satoshi & a Nakamoto when I'm in Chicago on May 12th!

We need a bitcoiner that's a mixologist.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: