Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:11:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing ~5000 LTC, any chance getting them back? 10% helpers fee!  (Read 1801 times)
Squige (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:42:51 AM

Hello dear Sirs,

I have been bagholding LTC since the fall of it - I bought 5000 LTC by the price of 32USD and hadn't sold any of them ever since, because I've always seen a lot of potential in LiteCoin. Since the first day, I kept my wallet in BTC-e and had 2FA on there and had never done any withdraws what so ever from there, until yesterday. It all started from the moment I was trying to withdraw 0.044BTC to ProTrader Tips bitcoin wallet for trading tips, but it never got finished. I checked my e-mail and saw a letter from BTC-e (from their real e-mail, which is no_reply@btc-e.com) stating that if you want to finish your withdraw, click continue, otherwise press cancel. I, immediately, without reading the upper lines, which stated "We received a request to withdraw 4876.98359603 LTC on purse LYLBrbV1AiZGCyLDGw5DhqxAgBMuh2VvaU", pressed continue, thinking that there is no way it could be false, because I copied ProTrader Tips bitcoin wallet address and I thought it's the same confirmation. By the time it got finished, it was too late. I saw that my LTC balance is 0.1 and I re-read the e-mail confirmation, which stated that somehow I managed to withdraw 4877 LTC to a litecoin wallet address I have never even seen. I tried googling it, I found it up both at the block explorer and the litecoin explorer. I've come to an understanding that there is pretty much no way I can get my coins back, which hurts me a lot - but perhaps there are some kind people who understand my situation and are willing to help me somehow, perhaps the wallet's owner is a member here who would like to return the coins to the rightful owner for a 10% finders fee or what so ever. When asking BTC-e for admin's help and knowledge, I got banned.

Any help, any knowledge or any tips what to do next is very welcome! I have all the transaction history and everything if there should be a question who's the rightful owner of them.

Also posting the block-explorer and litecoin explorer sites with the addresses.

Block-explorer: http://block-explorer.com/address/LYLBrbV1AiZGCyLDGw5DhqxAgBMuh2VvaU
Litecoin explorer: http://explorer.litecoin.net/address/LYLBrbV1AiZGCyLDGw5DhqxAgBMuh2VvaU
Blockr: http://ltc.blockr.io/address/info/LYLBrbV1AiZGCyLDGw5DhqxAgBMuh2VvaU

Best wishes,
Squige
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:50:10 AM

Wow, sorry about what happened.

Nothing I can think of to help, but maybe someone else will have some ideas.

DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:22:54 PM

Has BTC-e banned you without any explanation or they said something?
You really need a miracle to get back your Litecoins, I'm sorry but I think they are gone.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Squige (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:30:46 PM

Thank you for your fast answers. I'm still hoping there is a chance on getting them back - hope's the last thing that dies.

BTC-e banned me without any explanation what so ever. I read the chat logs and usually it shows in the chat when somebody gets banned, but not me. My account has been suspended and BTC-e support hasn't answered.
IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:36:59 PM

You don't have another wallet file hanging around do you?

Maybe the address that you sent the coins to was another wallet file you had on your PC.

Just a thought anyway.

I hope you get your coins back.

Squige (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:46:03 PM

You don't have another wallet file hanging around do you?

Maybe the address that you sent the coins to was another wallet file you had on your PC.

Just a thought anyway.

I hope you get your coins back.

Thank you for the thought, sir. Unfortunately no, I don't have another wallet file hanging around. I should have done that a long time ago..
socal

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:46:19 PM

dude that sucks but it sounds like you got hacked bro, somebody tried to withdraw your funds and you enabled it by authorizing it on accident, the fact that BTC-e banned you for asking for help tells me two things,

1. You are lying and did something to get banned

OR

2. It was a member of the BTC-e Team that jacked your funds and banned you when you started asking questions so as to not get caught. also the fact that BTC-e is russian owned throws up BIG red flags for me, when the hell was the last time YOU could trust a pinko commie bastard?

Either way unless you can find out WHO owns the address the LTC got shipped to sounds like you might be out about ~5000 LTC, a very expensive and painful lesson BUT ALWAYS READ SHIT BEFORE HITTING ACCEPT

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Squige (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:53:34 PM

dude that sucks but it sounds like you got hacked bro, somebody tried to withdraw your funds and you enabled it by authorizing it on accident, the fact that BTC-e banned you for asking for help tells me two things,

1. You are lying and did something to get banned

OR

2. It was a member of the BTC-e Team that jacked your funds and banned you when you started asking questions so as to not get caught. also the fact that BTC-e is russian owned throws up BIG red flags for me, when the hell was the last time YOU could trust a pinko commie bastard?

Either way unless you can find out WHO owns the address the LTC got shipped to sounds like you might be out about ~5000 LTC, a very expensive and painful lesson BUT ALWAYS READ SHIT BEFORE HITTING ACCEPT

A very-very expensive and even more painful lesson indeed. There's no reason for me to lie here, I double checked the chat history as well. I politely asked help with no cursing what so ever and my account got suspended, nothing else. I already had the BTC-e team in mind as well, but it's damn hard to prove anything. The only thing I know for sure is that http://explorer.litecoin.net/tx/32e62892dc3059c5a96b10efff5b46425a2321ad617520dbdc45cd96dc660a22#o0 shows that it has "Not been redeemed yet" and that the wallet, where the LiteCoins got withdrawed to was empty beforehand..
socal

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:07:50 PM

hmmm ya I would be suspect of the BTC-e guys, they probably saw the LTC sitting there FOREVER and figured you forgot about it, I dunno just brainstorming here anyway why does the litecoin explorer link you posted up pop up as spyware? it has a redirect to someguy123.it.co sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo if this was an attempt to infect my comp to steal my coins goodluck bro this is a diff comp then the one my wallets are on and when my spyware protection software caught the redirect I didn't complete opening the page,   If its a legit link then sry I'll take your word that the explorer backs up what you are saying

sry for being paranoid lol but I like to call it being prudent

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Squige (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:14:09 PM

hmmm ya I would be suspect of the BTC-e guys, they probably saw the LTC sitting there FOREVER and figured you forgot about it, I dunno just brainstorming here anyway why does the litecoin explorer link you posted up pop up as spyware? it has a redirect to someguy123.it.co sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo if this was an attempt to infect my comp to steal my coins goodluck bro this is a diff comp then the one my wallets are on and when my spyware protection software caught the redirect I didn't complete opening the page,   If its a legit link then sry I'll take your word that the explorer backs up what you are saying

sry for being paranoid lol but I like to call it being prudent

Better to be paranoid than sorry later, like me. I tried opening the link again and doesn't show any malware to me, copied it straight from explorer.litecoin.net

Cross my heart it's no scam, just tried to post some more information about it. You can enter the LTC wallet address yourself there as well and get the information.

EDIT: BTC-e ban has been removed. I'll add a copy from transaction history as well.

#571234824   -4876.98359603 LTC   Withdrawal LTC to address LYLBrbV1AiZGCyLDGw5DhqxAgBMuh2VvaU   02.06.14
22:00:17   yes
smoothdoger

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:20:45 PM

why keep that kind of money on a flight by night website,exchange or even an online wallet when it takes less than 30seconds to have total control?

I feel for your loss but man i cannot help but to think it is well deserved

coins on a flash drive in a bank strongbox is a way safer and flat out more intelligent idea
GBattaglia

Activity: 735
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:33:18 PM

Wow. Best of luck man. 
Squige (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:38:43 AM

why keep that kind of money on a flight by night website,exchange or even an online wallet when it takes less than 30seconds to have total control?

I feel for your loss but man i cannot help but to think it is well deserved

coins on a flash drive in a bank strongbox is a way safer and flat out more intelligent idea

Couldn't agree with you more, sir. It pretty much is my fault, but to be frank - it's not about who's fault it is, it's about possibly getting them coins back.

Thank you for your fast answers. I'm still hoping there is a chance on getting them back - hope's the last thing that dies.

BTC-e banned me without any explanation what so ever. I read the chat logs and usually it shows in the chat when somebody gets banned, but not me. My account has been suspended and BTC-e support hasn't answered.

Same here, I lost 300 ltc and 3 Bitcoin last year, they were valued at 10k at the time...

My account was banned with no explanation... The people at BTC-E are scammers, do not trust them.

My account was only banned after inquiring to support.

I had 2fa enabled... no withdrawal was ever sent to my E-mail.

I learned a hard lesson then... I didn't give up on crypto-currency, and now own more assets in coins then I did then.  Smiley

I feel for your loss as well, things like this should never happen. It's starting to look like BTC-e support staff really do not care about their customers, although they removed the ban they still haven't responded to the ticket.
Squige (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:11:34 PM

Hello fellow forum users and crypto enthusiasts,

It has been 22 days since it all happened and there are still no hints how such thing happened. No answers from BTC-e either, which is very sad. I have been checking LiteCoin Explorer everyday since that, and finally there has been a movement. About 10 different transactions which lead to the final account (address LSR8cnJuC6TQeuUdzuV3Uci5FqvRSXtZPw). Whether anyone should be interested, you can track the coin movement from the first address from here http://ltc.blockr.io/address/info/LYLBrbV1AiZGCyLDGw5DhqxAgBMuh2VvaU to the last address here http://ltc.blockr.io/address/info/LSR8cnJuC6TQeuUdzuV3Uci5FqvRSXtZPw

Best regards,
Squige
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:06:41 PM

Hello fellow forum users and crypto enthusiasts,

It has been 22 days since it all happened and there are still no hints how such thing happened. No answers from BTC-e either, which is very sad. I have been checking LiteCoin Explorer everyday since that, and finally there has been a movement. About 10 different transactions which lead to the final account (address LSR8cnJuC6TQeuUdzuV3Uci5FqvRSXtZPw). Whether anyone should be interested, you can track the coin movement from the first address from here http://ltc.blockr.io/address/info/LYLBrbV1AiZGCyLDGw5DhqxAgBMuh2VvaU to the last address here http://ltc.blockr.io/address/info/LSR8cnJuC6TQeuUdzuV3Uci5FqvRSXtZPw

Best regards,
Squige

No help from BTC-e at all?

That is worrying.

Here's hoping something comes up.
DF_

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:35:26 PM

An unfortunate reminder to double check everything when transferring cryptos.
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:59:07 AM

Very sorry to hear of your loss, I read your story and was moved to look at the blockchain to see what I might find.

I must say I am baffled because it does not fit how I imagine a thief would try to obfuscate funds (using mixers and splitting between many addresses). The spending behavior seems very cautious, as if someone happened to randomly receive these funds in their account and were nervous about moving them.

After 20 days, The first output of 1 LTC happened: http://block-explorer.com/address/LbkHZwA2b9a6X21GDe9Xcv1nZkNtcrPyah

20 minutes later, 10 LTC spent. http://block-explorer.com/address/LTwHqS9qMy5r2Xix7P7fmSoVtgpTHLFLa3

Then 2000 and then the remaining 2855 here. http://block-explorer.com/address/LSR8cnJuC6TQeuUdzuV3Uci5FqvRSXtZPw

They were most likely waiting for confirmations. However the test amounts are what seemed strange to me, because that's the kind of behavior I would use when withdrawing from an exchange. Send 1 coin, wait for it to arrive. OK, cool. Larger amount, received OK. Then a big amount. Is there ANY possible chance you may have accidentally copied that LTC address from your correspondence with anyone else?

Another thought, your BTC-e account had been compromised for a long time but the attacker was just waiting for you to make a withdrawal so they could send another for the massive balance and you wouldn't scrutinize it.

Squige (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:57:28 PM

That is worrying.

Unfortunately, no, not at all.
Very sorry to hear of your loss, I read your story and was moved to look at the blockchain to see what I might find.

I must say I am baffled because it does not fit how I imagine a thief would try to obfuscate funds (using mixers and splitting between many addresses). The spending behavior seems very cautious, as if someone happened to randomly receive these funds in their account and were nervous about moving them.

After 20 days, The first output of 1 LTC happened: http://block-explorer.com/address/LbkHZwA2b9a6X21GDe9Xcv1nZkNtcrPyah

20 minutes later, 10 LTC spent. http://block-explorer.com/address/LTwHqS9qMy5r2Xix7P7fmSoVtgpTHLFLa3

Then 2000 and then the remaining 2855 here. http://block-explorer.com/address/LSR8cnJuC6TQeuUdzuV3Uci5FqvRSXtZPw

They were most likely waiting for confirmations. However the test amounts are what seemed strange to me, because that's the kind of behavior I would use when withdrawing from an exchange. Send 1 coin, wait for it to arrive. OK, cool. Larger amount, received OK. Then a big amount. Is there ANY possible chance you may have accidentally copied that LTC address from your correspondence with anyone else?

Another thought, your BTC-e account had been compromised for a long time but the attacker was just waiting for you to make a withdrawal so they could send another for the massive balance and you wouldn't scrutinize it.

Thank you for your time and for investigating it. As of yesterday, I think the coins have found their way to the last wallet, which I assume is owned by the guy who "robbed" me.

http://ltc.blockr.io/address/info/LWdfXUxLBV9nCJ6yk5Ed2pBNhiV7kTaTQJ

The wallet has a balance of 180,000 LiteCoin and after googling it, I found a reddit link -

http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/1r53x0/remember_the_25million_ltc_wallet_it_now_contains/

It has made an amazing amount of transactions, which is 2432 and has totally received 23,863,106 LTC. 24 million LTC? Really?
ShibecoinSucks

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:38:37 PM

That is worrying.

Unfortunately, no, not at all.

Thank you for your time and for investigating it. As of yesterday, I think the coins have found their way to the last wallet, which I assume is owned by the guy who "robbed" me.

http://ltc.blockr.io/address/info/LWdfXUxLBV9nCJ6yk5Ed2pBNhiV7kTaTQJ

The wallet has a balance of 180,000 LiteCoin and after googling it, I found a reddit link -

http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/1r53x0/remember_the_25million_ltc_wallet_it_now_contains/

It has made an amazing amount of transactions, which is 2432 and has totally received 23,863,106 LTC. 24 million LTC? Really?

WOW, i wonder if this guy is some super hacker that is cleaning out people's online/exchange wallets? Perhaps it IS someone that works for BTC-e, if so stealing 24 million LTC would definitely be worth losing his job, especially if he lives in some shitty country.

Sorry this happened to you, and hopefully you'll find some good luck soon.

ICEBERG COIN SUCKED!

QORA
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:11:24 PM

You sure that's not a btce address? that's much more likely than for it to belong to an individual I think.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: