Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:49:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinicas intern financials  (Read 1596 times)
gewure (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

[#][#][#]

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 10:30:31 PM

..i wonder how profitable bitcoinica is.

zhoutong has given a relatively good insight into how bitcoinicas services work, but there has never been informations about how much money is transfered from customer losses to bitcoinica.

since mtgox recently announced some intern financial information, i would really appreciate if bitcoinica could do the same. there are many reasons, why this could be of interest. e.g. bitcoinica grows bigger and bigger and there have been various issues regarding market interaction. further bitcoinicas mechanism strongly tends to dysfunction, making it impossible to use the service as anything other than a short selling instrument. yes, im talking about his holyness the starfish *

transparency appreciated - so please disclose some information regarding your businesses profitability zhoutong!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 03:20:11 AM

zhoutong has given a relatively good insight into how bitcoinicas services work, but there has never been informations about how much money is transfered from customer losses to bitcoinica.

since mtgox recently announced some intern financial information, i would really appreciate if bitcoinica could do the same. there are many reasons, why this could be of interest. e.g. bitcoinica grows bigger and bigger and there have been various issues regarding market interaction. further bitcoinicas mechanism strongly tends to dysfunction, making it impossible to use the service as anything other than a short selling instrument. yes, im talking about his holyness the starfish *

transparency appreciated - so please disclose some information regarding your businesses profitability zhoutong!

The * is amazingly gone.

Bitconica is a private company so I don't see any reason for Bitcoinica to release private financial data.  I do think they should hold regular financial and security audits.  MtGox's financial disclosure was a joke and there is no reason to trust the information anyone releases unless it is verified from a 3rd party.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
gewure (OP)

Activity: 364

[#][#][#]

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 07:44:01 PM

The * is amazingly gone.

Bitconica is a private company so I don't see any reason for Bitcoinica to release private financial data.  I do think they should hold regular financial and security audits.  MtGox's financial disclosure was a joke and there is no reason to trust the information anyone releases unless it is verified from a 3rd party.

on real money markets there are government institutions controlling and regulating (at least the are supposed to do so, .. capitalism..  Angry ) companies like bitcoinica and they do disclose some intern financial information if there are serious issues concerning the freedom and flow of the market.

in bitcoin we, the users, are free to decide where and to what conditions we 'use' our bitcoins, and the free market and competition should solve the problem. bitcoinica and mtgox have no real competition, they are to some point able to do what is commonly known as "insider trading".

i strongly encourage bitcoinica and mtgox to allow transparency to rule the bitcoin market, they will also profit from it. 

the * is amazingly gone. that's true. bitcoin works.

marked

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 09:45:22 AM

I saw it less than an hour ago, if the * is what is in place of the=/up/down. And several times over the last couple of days - but only for a couple of seconds.

marked
Koekiemonster

Activity: 321

Bitbuy.nl!

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 09:57:56 AM

I saw it less than an hour ago, if the * is what is in place of the=/up/down. And several times over the last couple of days - but only for a couple of seconds.

marked

If it was a double * it means bitcoinica lost its connection to the MTGOX api and considering the trading volume I doubt there was a single asterisk, so nothing to worry about.

https://www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
Bitcointalk topic over Bitbuy!
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 09:05:17 PM

We could probably infer earnings based on bitcoinica's front page.

lakeluke

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2012, 01:09:29 PM

Assuming a conservative estimate of $50k per day x 250 trading days a year x 0.8% average spread = $100,000 profit before expenses. Not bad....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: