Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:35:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When will Bitcoin reach $1 again?  (Read 3617 times)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:47:33 PM

A few minutes after the nukes go off? That would be a good time to cash out for canned goods and ammunition.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
PHP.guru

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:48:17 PM

The year 2197, but by then the USD has ben crashed, abolished and recreated 2 times.

Baitty

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:50:08 PM

Probably tomorrow when the big bad news hits....

Please tell me this bad news and I'll tell you if I agree.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:50:14 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2014, 06:47:22 PM by franky1

for the last 4 months whales have been trying to push the price down. and the furthest they got was $400...

the cost of mining and the other facts that people refuse to sell at a loss from their original purchase price made it an unachievable effort to go below $400..

so $400 is the new low and will stay that way, no one is stupid enough to sell at a loss, so dont expect anything below the new low as it has already been tried and tested for 4 months.

so to all of those missing the low price, i am sorry. and now the hash rate is at 0.1 'exohash' so dont expect it to fall, there will be another attempt in the future to find a new low point and that number will be higher then $400, so buy now before you regret it when prices hit the thousands again.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Tabatadze

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:50:38 PM

Bitcoin might lose 99.9% of its value at some time, but we're almost sure that the dollar has lost more of its value by then. The USD seem to lose 70% of its value every 100 years or so.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 05:59:08 PM

Only if some alt-coin manages to replace it which is not likely for several years IMO.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:06:14 PM

Never... It didn't even reach close to that on Gox, even when people didn't they were getting their money back. It still traded above $100 back then remember?

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:09:54 PM

Please tell me this bad news and I'll tell you if I agree.

There is no news and if there was he wouldnt know about it.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:16:44 PM

Bitcoin might lose 99.9% of its value at some time, but we're almost sure that the dollar has lost more of its value by then. The USD seem to lose 70% of its value every 100 years or so.

We will soon be at a price where even if BTC loses 99.9% of its value, we will still be above $1 Smiley
Crindon

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:25:18 PM

JW, when do you guys think Bitcoin's going to reach $1 again? It's inevtiable obviously, just give me a heads up on when to sell thanks.

I don't think it will ever get to that point. There are too many people who know about it now. Because of that very people would ever sell below $100. And even if they did, the BTC would be picked up in a heartbeat.

I would liquidate everything just to grab any $2 BTC, so it won't ever go below that.
DRG-BTC

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:32:58 PM

Probably never in the coming 10 years imo...
Baitty

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:33:13 PM

for the last 4 months whales have been trying to push the price down. and the furthest they got was $400...

the cost of mining and the other facts that people refuse to sell at a loss from their original purchase price made it an unachievable effort to go below $400..

so $400 is the new low and will stay that way, no one is stupid enough to sell at a loss, so dont expect anything below the new low as it has already been tried and tested for 4 months.

so to all of those missing the low price, i am sorry. and now the hash rate is at a 'exohash' dont expect it to fall, there will be another attempt in the future to find a new low point and that number will be higher then $400, so buy now before you regret it when prices hit the thousands again.

Great explanaton and I totally agree with what you said.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 06:36:10 PM

china banned bitcoin.....wait - that happend already twice  Cheesy

master-P

Activity: 868

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 06:36:19 PM

Bitcoin will be worth $1 once it gets overtaken by a superior currency and is seen as obsolete. If you're hoping for BTC to crash to single digits so you can stock up before it shoots up again, you may be waiting for quite a while.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
karlmarxxx

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:37:38 PM

The answer is never because:

• Network effect is too great, that is you can use them a lot more now than when it was at $1
  • User base is greater, like a mmo, myspace, or similar social network there is always going to be at least some users even if the limelight fades. Case in point, myspace and friendster still have millions of users, even though they are considered obsolete/out of favor
  • Too much investment has been made, there has been too much money and brain power investments to go back to the levels of $1
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:37:46 PM

so to all of those missing the low price, i am sorry. and now the hash rate is at a 'exohash' dont expect it to fall, there will be another attempt in the future to find a new low point and that number will be higher then $400, so buy now before you regret it when prices hit the thousands again.
An exohash would be 1,000 petahash.  We're only at 96 petahash, so a ways away from that.  I wouldn't be surprised to see an exohash by the end of the year though.
acs267

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:38:48 PM

It's a Polycoin thread... Did you guys not realize that?
igorr

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:41:43 PM

When will Bitcoin reach $1 again?

soon

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:46:54 PM

An exohash would be 1,000 petahash.  We're only at 96 petahash, so a ways away from that.  I wouldn't be surprised to see an exohash by the end of the year though.

thanks for the correction its 0.1 exohash tooooooooo many zero's so i mis-counted. i'll edit my post to correct it Cheesy

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:57:32 PM

I think you may have forgotten a few 000000s more like 10000 Tongue

I dont think it will EVER EVER EVAR get close to even 50 again.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: