Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:46:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 953 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CLOAK] Cloakcoin | No Premine | X13 | Decentralized Market and PoSA  (Read 1266182 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:28:29 AM

Okay. I 'll let it go. I'm out of here! I know where I am not welcomed. I hope the next prospective investor who comes on your site gets a better reception than I did. BTW: I did NOT get any payout from the pool!!!

All the best and happy mining!

Lol, martyrdom is strong in this one. Gotta love rage quits.

Oh, damn. He must have taken his millions of prospective dollars with him Sad

Too many immature idiots runnin rampant in these threads and communities. Whitelion is right, and you guys make it really easy to dump coins or piss off whales capable of supressing prices. You guys have to understand that some of us are grown people, with families to support. Start acting professionally because at this infant stage in crypto, the coin at hand is represented by the community. Some of you need to grow up a little bit.

Hey? So every grandma that walks in here and needs everyone to hold hands crossing the crypto road is going to create a successful coin? Some of you folk are like grasshoppers jumping in front of an 18 wheeler truck. Go and invest in blue-chip stocks and houses if this is too much for you (seriously).

I saw the same sense of entitlement when blackcoin started getting popular at around 7k sats. What really helped were people having fun, being involved and active. The ones that added bloat to the community were the ones coming in expecting every damn detail to be laid out for them just because they were 'special' new members of the community thinking they added value when really they were only sucking it away. Look at the maturity of the poster when he didn't get what he wanted - pure 180 degree fud. Don't need it here.

Lol....you just proved my point.

Don't grow this into a flame-war guys. The bottom line is basically "if you've got nothing nice/helpful to add, stay away from the keyboard". Sledging newbies is completely unnecessary and no forum needs immoderators. If you don't want to explain things to newcomers then just ignore their posts.

+1, you think it would be common sense.

liuke98

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:17:25 AM

We're all invested financially.  That's why it gets a little tense sometimes.  Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=637704.msg7291668#msg7291668

Have a look at that post.  At the bottom, there's essentially a "catch-all."  For all wallet issues, do those steps.  I don't blame you for not reading all pages.  By the time I had posted, wallet issues had come up so many times (and a bunch more times afterwards).  So yes, perhaps there is an issue that you raised - a wallet shouldn't really get into this state.  But...with all the other items going on, it's of lower priority.

I am an investor. I do not collect cryptcoins. I buy and sell them. I do not give a flying Yuck how cutesy or professional the logo may be. I do not care how much fud or hype there may be. All I care about are the basics and the prospect of making money. If there is any member here who thinks that is mercenary, then you really have no business even being on this forum.

As for basics, there is nothing more fundamental than the Wallet! It is the door to the castle. Not the logo, not the Op page, not any amount of of rah, rah, rah is going to overcome an investor's attitude about this coin more than if the wallet works properly. The Wallet IS the coin. So as far as priority, it should be working and NOT need explanations or work arounds to get it to function properly. It reflects badly on the coin when it will not even sync without the user having to get advice. And when the user does seek advice by coming to this forum, how is he or she treated...RUDELY!!!!

I intend to be a member of this forum for a good while to come. I will have to pay my dues by answering newbie questions for the 100th time. That what a forum family does when a newbie arrives. They invite them in, welcome them, and make them feel at home. Calling them lazy bums or other names... what good does that do?

The wallet is having more features added to it.  So, when I say it's of lower priority, I don't mean that the logo is of higher importance.  I mean, getting CloakSend (and CloakSend 2.0) integrated into the wallet first is far more important than fixing any sync issues that are easily resolved with a few troubleshooting steps.  It's great you brought up a bug report.  If I were a development team project manager, I would put it in the queue to be worked on - *after* all new features were completed.  There's no sense in debugging and fixing an issue if you're just going to re-break it by adding new features that are necessary.

I don't know if you're the only one who didn't receive a pool payout.  Perhaps you can post your address and hash rate and the amount of time you mined.  I'm sure the pool operator and/or TheDagger will look into it.  Did you check the block explorer?  Was anything sent to your address at all?  These are details that would be helpful to them.
I think the known bugs of the current wallet should be fixed as first priority. It's hard for me to trust the new wallet or new features when the bugs of current version are simply ignored by dev. It makes me feel that the dev team is really short of hands. Can you imagine that microsoft claims stopping windows updates because they are developing a new version with more features?
darkproton

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:23:03 AM

We're all invested financially.  That's why it gets a little tense sometimes.  Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=637704.msg7291668#msg7291668

Have a look at that post.  At the bottom, there's essentially a "catch-all."  For all wallet issues, do those steps.  I don't blame you for not reading all pages.  By the time I had posted, wallet issues had come up so many times (and a bunch more times afterwards).  So yes, perhaps there is an issue that you raised - a wallet shouldn't really get into this state.  But...with all the other items going on, it's of lower priority.

I am an investor. I do not collect cryptcoins. I buy and sell them. I do not give a flying Yuck how cutesy or professional the logo may be. I do not care how much fud or hype there may be. All I care about are the basics and the prospect of making money. If there is any member here who thinks that is mercenary, then you really have no business even being on this forum.

As for basics, there is nothing more fundamental than the Wallet! It is the door to the castle. Not the logo, not the Op page, not any amount of of rah, rah, rah is going to overcome an investor's attitude about this coin more than if the wallet works properly. The Wallet IS the coin. So as far as priority, it should be working and NOT need explanations or work arounds to get it to function properly. It reflects badly on the coin when it will not even sync without the user having to get advice. And when the user does seek advice by coming to this forum, how is he or she treated...RUDELY!!!!

I intend to be a member of this forum for a good while to come. I will have to pay my dues by answering newbie questions for the 100th time. That what a forum family does when a newbie arrives. They invite them in, welcome them, and make them feel at home. Calling them lazy bums or other names... what good does that do?

The wallet is having more features added to it.  So, when I say it's of lower priority, I don't mean that the logo is of higher importance.  I mean, getting CloakSend (and CloakSend 2.0) integrated into the wallet first is far more important than fixing any sync issues that are easily resolved with a few troubleshooting steps.  It's great you brought up a bug report.  If I were a development team project manager, I would put it in the queue to be worked on - *after* all new features were completed.  There's no sense in debugging and fixing an issue if you're just going to re-break it by adding new features that are necessary.

I don't know if you're the only one who didn't receive a pool payout.  Perhaps you can post your address and hash rate and the amount of time you mined.  I'm sure the pool operator and/or TheDagger will look into it.  Did you check the block explorer?  Was anything sent to your address at all?  These are details that would be helpful to them.
I think the known bugs of the current wallet should be fixed as first priority. It's hard for me to trust the new wallet or new features when the bugs of current version are simply ignored by dev. It makes me feel that the dev team is really short of hands. Can you imagine that microsoft claims stopping windows updates because they are developing a new version with more features?

Microsoft in fact did that.
heartastack

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:23:22 AM

If you stripped microsoft down to a couple of dev's and a budget of $0 then... yes.
liuke98

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:35:13 AM

If you stripped microsoft down to a couple of dev's and a budget of $0 then... yes.
I think the job is well done so far by the dev. That's just my suggestion to improve the user experience. I like more neat features too, but I hope they are built on a solid base step by step.
cryptodaknight

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:52:42 AM

Don't grow this into a flame-war guys. The bottom line is basically "if you've got nothing nice/helpful to add, stay away from the keyboard". Sledging newbies is completely unnecessary and no forum needs immoderators. If you don't want to explain things to newcomers then just ignore their posts.

yeah are some of you people ignorant? Newbies mean MORE INVESTMENT CAPITAL FROM OUTSIDE COMMUNITY. What is so hard to realize, that that is what will take cryptos to next level. Be nice to newbies, if you can't, then just push ignore button and let someone else do the work talking with them.

Kids, grow up and you'll learn how making money works.
WhiteLion

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:55:34 AM

I am an investor. I do my due diligence. Part of that is to visit the coin's forums. Since anything I say here will be ignored, I will post my results of my visit elsewhere. Believe me, except for a very few notable exceptions (@Anaximander; @Cryptoholic11; @zinger96; @B4zz4), this forum failed miserably. Bottom line of of my report: new investors are not welcomed here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
loges

Activity: 308

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:01:35 AM

I am an investor. I do my due diligence. Part of that is to visit the coin's forums. Since anything I say here will be ignored, I will post my results of my visit elsewhere. Believe me, except for a very few notable exceptions (@Anaximander; @Cryptoholic11; @zinger96; @B4zz4), this forum failed miserably. Bottom line of of my report: new investors are not welcomed here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyone investing in crypto based any part on the friendliness of the forum members will also be scared off by the massive amount of fud. Please take emotion out of your strategy.  There are good and bad people in every coin.
WhiteLion

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:14:52 AM

Code:
Please take emotion out of your strategy. 

I am very sorry to report that "emotions" are by far more important to investors than facts, figures, statistics or fundamentals. Most investors are clueless and see someone recommend a coin and invest. Illogical, but true. Look at the recent "Logo" campaign for Cloak! Does the logo have anything to do with the fundamentals of the coin? NO!!!! It has to do with perception and how that perception motivates the emotional response of the viewer. Emotions are everything for a new coin. "I'm going to be rich if I invest in this coin!" Isn't that exactly what this forum is all about? To promote that emotion, that illusion?
duru

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:18:54 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2014, 04:36:36 AM by duru

Code:
Please take emotion out of your strategy. 

I am very sorry to report that "emotions" are by far more important to investors than facts, figures, statistics or fundamentals. Most investors are clueless and see someone recommend a coin and invest. Illogical, but true. Look at the recent "Logo" campaign for Cloak! Does the logo have anything to do with the fundamentals of the coin? NO!!!! It has to do with perception and how that perception motivates the emotional response of the viewer. Emotions are everything for a new coin. "I'm going to be rich if I invest in this coin!" Isn't that exactly what this forum is all about? To promote that emotion, that illusion?

I'm pretty sure the logo was mostly for time filler, something to involve the troops with while we wait. And no that is not what this forum is about, it is mostly about calming the emotional ones down. (at least for me it is...)

btw: vote # 1600 just now on mint

the computer has increased the purse of words
WhiteLion

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:44:29 AM

Thank you Anaximander, your comments were on point and helpful. The new block chain did the trick.

I also appreciate the suggestion and reply from you darkproton.

ooooh darkproton... MY bad

@duru so far as I can judge, you are duplicitous. Anything someone says you are neither for or against them, but in later posts, you take pot shots. Why do you do that?
duru

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:49:56 AM

Thank you Anaximander, your comments were on point and helpful. The new block chain did the trick.

@duru so far as I can judge, you are duplicitous. Anything someone says you are neither for or against them, but in later posts, you take pot shots. Why do you do that?

when have I taken a pot shot... that quote was because I thought you were talking about the bittrex wallet and he said " my bad" so when you responded to him that he was correct, I replied to him with that. I may have quoted the wrong message, but I still cant see how it could be construed as a pot shot.

the computer has increased the purse of words
koralon

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:57:52 AM

Are you for real?

I think this guy is just trolling away.
heartastack

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:31:10 AM

Dev,
I noticed there is no disabled ramp for easy access into the wallet. Some of our new, emotional and frail members will need this
cryptoholic11

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:46:31 AM

Dev,
I noticed there is no disabled ramp for easy access into the wallet. Some of our new, emotional and frail members will need this
I like how you erased your other sinister comment to replace it with this piece of gem. You don't have anything better to do with your time but to come up with as many 'clever' subtle needler comments as possible?

heartastack

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:50:54 AM

Dev,
I like how you erased your other sinister comment to replace it with this piece of gem. You don't have anything better to do with your time but to come up with as many 'clever' subtle needler comments as possible?

Watching soccer and playing on my iPad during breaks. Cheers for asking.

As much time as you've got to read them I guess.
cryptoholic11

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:03:30 AM

Dev,

Watching soccer and playing on my iPad during breaks. Cheers for asking.

As much time as you've got to read them I guess.

Trading is my full time job, I kind of have to keep up to date with the news.

So you consider your condescending posts as 'playing on your ipad.' Rofl. You're a troll and don't even know it.

B4zz4

Activity: 629

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:04:44 AM

Are you for real?

I think this guy is just trolling away.

Actually I think WhiteLion is doing a great service raising genuine issues in the appropriate place, the forum. After all, that's what it is supposed to be for.

Perversely, some here do not seem to realize money will go where it is welcome. Apparently you believe we will all become wealthy talking amongst ourselves and jealously guarding "our" forum against newcomers. A few even seem to delight in being abusive.

Oh and heartastack, while you are playing on your iPad, here's one for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMsrE-9CLFg

Tips: CANN: CRAUn1GyLcqyC2dfi7F1FDjvrzmLzwApAx
cryptoholic11

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:07:01 AM

+1 again to you sir.

Uran0s

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:07:18 AM

@ TheDagger

Hey what are the news? I've missed this thread for like 2 days till now, and there are like 20 pages, so what comes out? And what plans?

I am too lazy to browse last pages, at least gimmie which pages Tongue
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 953 »
  Print  

Jump to: