Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:58:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][0.8.6] Truckcoin - TRK - X11 - 200% PoS Interest!  (Read 48799 times)
Bumberchute

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:40:10 PM

well if people are interested in seeing this currency succeed, lets do a big push to get it listed on bittrex!! Tweet them nonstop.

I hear asking on their freenode IRC chan might help too...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bumberchute

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:52:34 PM

Is there still more TRK to mine, or is it POS only now?
gullu

Activity: 456
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:38:13 PM

21000 blocks in total, if i can recall it correctly.
currently just under 16200 blocks mined.

edit: good to see dev back and getting involved right away.

truckcoin (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:49:04 PM

21000 blocks in total, if i can recall it correctly.
currently just under 16200 blocks mined.

edit: good to see dev back and getting involved right away.

Yes, that is correct, 21,000 coins is the PoW ceiling. At 90 second blocks, it is 4.9875 days until PoW ends.
truckcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:50:35 PM

I've been talking to kassado on #bittrex, and it looks like he thinks anything over a 20% PoS rate is too high. Our 200% is 10x that. One thing I was thinking of to limit the exponential growth of this coin was to patch it so that PoS reward goes down over time to settle at a rate like 10% or so. Thoughts on this? Ideas how we could smoothly do this to keep the coin viable?
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:56:54 PM

well the bat shit crazy high POS is the only thing this coin has going for it (if that)

try polo?

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:00:14 PM

I've been talking to kassado on #bittrex, and it looks like he thinks anything over a 20% PoS rate is too high. Our 200% is 10x that. One thing I was thinking of to limit the exponential growth of this coin was to patch it so that PoS reward goes down over time to settle at a rate like 10% or so. Thoughts on this? Ideas how we could smoothly do this to keep the coin viable?

don't change anything. Please don't play central banker. Alot of us invested real BTC because it was 200% PoS.

CAP is forking to 200% and its trading at 10k SAT. Nothing wrong with high interest. Even Sunny King himself said that low interest is TOOO LOW. Cryptos are volatile you need high interest to protect investors and attract new ones.

Don't screw this up by listening to other people. You set the network parameters at launch, stick to them. If you used NVCS then the stake percentage will go down on its own naturally, no need to patch anything.
truckcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:05:39 PM

don't change anything. Please don't play central banker. Alot of us invested real BTC because it was 200% PoS.

CAP is forking to 200% and its trading at 10k SAT. Nothing wrong with high interest. Even Sunny King himself said that low interest is TOOO LOW. Cryptos are volatile you need high interest to protect investors and attract new ones.

Don't screw this up by listening to other people. You set the network parameters at launch, stick to them.

Glad to hear some support in favor of keeping the high interest rate.  I think the interest rate of coins these days is too low also. If we are "encouraging bagholding" like #bittrex said, I would say that is way better than continuous dumping...don't you think?
billotronic
Legendary

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:08:24 PM

right... which is not in the interest of an exchange.

foxy

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:08:44 PM

Don't screw this up by listening to other people. You set the network parameters at launch, stick to them.

Glad to hear some support in favor of keeping the high interest rate.  I think the interest rate of coins these days is too low also. If we are "encouraging bagholding" like #bittrex said, I would say that is way better than continuous dumping...don't you think?

if you want a low interest rate, get a savings account. I think this coin is doing something new and that's important. everybody disagrees with new at first till they see it working, so make it work Smiley

bittrex is a good exchange, it's possible to negotiate a middle ground without throwing your whole concept out of the window.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Bumberchute

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:08:48 PM

I would prefer 200% stake too, but it's a hard sell at Bittrex apparently.

From #bittrex:
<kassado> show me a coin with more than 20% interest that succeeded
<bittrex-rami> more coins = less value
<bittrex-rami> its zero sum
<bittrex-rami> well.. pseudo zero sum

I would have to disagree with bittrex-rami. It is a huge over-simplification of the crypto economy. Even on Bittrex this has proved untrue in many cases.
tokyoghetto
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:09:19 PM

Glad to hear some support in favor of keeping the high interest rate.  I think the interest rate of coins these days is too low also. If we are "encouraging bagholding" like #bittrex said, I would say that is way better than continuous dumping...don't you think?

high interest promotes volatility and growth. Look at TEKcoin. 40% per Month and that thing moves! Traders love it when prices move, its how they make money. Investors love liquidity. Look @ Supercoin on Bittrex. 100% annual interest the order book is stacked wiith buy/sell orders.

Trust me when I say this. Don't change the interest rate. In my eyes its actually a scam type of move because it rewards early adopters and hurts late investors. You need to give people equal chance no matter at what stage they invest in the network.

Keep everything as is.
tokyoghetto
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:12:29 PM

I would prefer 200% stake too, but it's a hard sell at Bittrex apparently.

From #bittrex:
<kassado> show me a coin with more than 20% interest that succeeded
<bittrex-rami> more coins = less value
<bittrex-rami> its zero sum
<bittrex-rami> well.. pseudo zero sum

I would have to disagree with bittrex-rami. It is a huge over-simplification of the crypto economy. Even on Bittrex this has proved untrue in many cases.

he is an idiot.

Look at TEK/HBN/SUPER/PHS....the list goes on and on. And where they hell did he get 20%? Look at Mintcoin...20% interest...dead as a door knob.

More coins doesn't mean less value...he is wrong. value is decided by the current market cap derived from an open exchanges buy/sell price.

if I create a coin with only 1 million coins...will it be worth more than a coin with 10 million.....NOPE...the number of coins doesn't determine the value.

Those guys are a bunch of idiots...plain and simple.
billotronic
Legendary

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:13:20 PM

Trust me when I say this. Don't change the interest rate. In my eyes its actually a scam type of move because it rewards early adopters and hurts late investors. You need to give people equal chance no matter at what stage they invest in the network.

Keep everything as is.

Could not agree more with this!

sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:45:50 PM

well the bat shit crazy high POS is the only thing this coin has going for it (if that)

try polo?

+1
polo nice exchange and does not require as many votes as mintpal.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
tokyoghetto
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:52:05 PM

I agree. lets try poloniex
billotronic
Legendary

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:53:10 PM

https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

liteuser

Activity: 145

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:58:13 PM

Glad to hear some support in favor of keeping the high interest rate.  I think the interest rate of coins these days is too low also. If we are "encouraging bagholding" like #bittrex said, I would say that is way better than continuous dumping...don't you think?

Keep everything as is.

+1

There are coins in bittrex with high interest rate such: SUPER, DIG, and some more with starting interest > 20% such as JPT, ROM, OPC.

BTC: 13GtfEPpEiq6jGCFJGCXAUVDehCFVvTaov
http://www.vultr.com/?ref=6838137
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:03:41 PM

dev if you could fill this out we will do the voting Smiley

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
Bfljosh

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Skol!

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:18:08 PM

Keep everything as is.

+1

There are coins in bittrex with high interest rate such: SUPER, DIG, and some more with starting interest > 20% such as JPT, ROM, OPC.

Agree.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: