Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:11:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][0.8.6] Truckcoin - TRK - X11 - 200% PoS Interest!  (Read 48799 times)
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:47:50 PM

More people have heard of TRK now since HyperStake, but it's possible to lose some of the TRK community because of that too. Who's still interested in Truckcoin? I am! We need to do some activities (giveaways, etc.), and get more services going (games, stores, etc.). Does anyone here have experience making crypto services?

I am still interested in this coin. They coin works so we really do not need a developer at this time we just need some people who have time and know what they are doing. I have not made any crypto service. I hope we can find some people that know how to work on a coin.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:12:32 PM

More people have heard of TRK now since HyperStake, but it's possible to lose some of the TRK community because of that too. Who's still interested in Truckcoin? I am! We need to do some activities (giveaways, etc.), and get more services going (games, stores, etc.). Does anyone here have experience making crypto services?

I am still interested in this coin. They coin works so we really do not need a developer at this time we just need some people who have time and know what they are doing. I have not made any crypto service. I hope we can find some people that know how to work on a coin.

+1

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
iantunc

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:18:30 AM

what we need at this moment is android wallet. i'm an android developer but i have no experience in raw bitcoin protocol. trying to read and understand coin source now. it would be great if there were some devs doing the same.

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml
tom14cat14

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:15:06 PM

TRK developer would you be willing to turn over what is left of the premine to start a donation pot to pay new developers to help out when needed?
Bumberchute

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:32:38 PM

what we need at this moment is android wallet. i'm an android developer but i have no experience in raw bitcoin protocol. trying to read and understand coin source now. it would be great if there were some devs doing the same.

It may be good to see if there's an android wallet for some other altcoin to fork and modify for Truckcoin, as writing something from scratch could take ages.
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 03:24:44 PM

It may be good to see if there's an android wallet for some other altcoin to fork and modify for Truckcoin, as writing something from scratch could take ages.

+1

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
iantunc

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:43:08 PM

yes, sure, there even exists a forked java bitcoin library with special class of coin parameters for simplified forking, but to know what exactly those parameters are i need to learn the source.
http://www.hashengineeringsolutions.com/create-an-android-wallet/

Bumberchute

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 06:06:08 PM

yes, sure, there even exists a forked java bitcoin library with special class of coin parameters for simplified forking, but to know what exactly those parameters are i need to learn the source.
http://www.hashengineeringsolutions.com/create-an-android-wallet/

An important point I learned about crypto dev when making the TRK block explorer: each coin has its own "magic", which is some bytes that cause the addresses to come out correctly (and probably much more). So you'll need to change the magic bytes to truckcoin's magic when adapting from some other coin's wallet. I'm sure this barely scratches the surface of the complexity you'll face, but thought I'd share the small amount I learned. Also note that Truckcoin uses 6 decimal places instead of 8 (which is different from Bitcoin), this can cause some minor confusion but should be easily compensated for in the code.
tom14cat14

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:49:43 AM

There are a couple of us in the process of taking this coin over. Stay tuned for more info. There are only 8.5 million of this coin it should not be a 100 sat price.
Bumberchute

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:17:10 AM

There are a couple of us in the process of taking this coin over. Stay tuned for more info. There are only 8.5 million of this coin it should not be a 100 sat price.

That's great, I hope we can get this truck back on the road!
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:30:09 AM

Not to be captain piss on your parade but wouldn't it be easier to fork your coins you are holding over to HYP like the rest of us? They already have active devs working on the coin and would require very little effort on your part.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
tom14cat14

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:40:40 AM

Not to be captain piss on your parade but wouldn't it be easier to fork your coins you are holding over to HYP like the rest of us? They already have active devs working on the coin and would require very little effort on your part.

They already did fork. Truck coin is still it's own coin they are on two separate forks. Most of us have trk and HYP coin. I am trying to get people together to help move TRK coin forward. If anything it would be an interesting experiment which is better 200% or 750%? But in order to see the real answer we need to get an active team together on TRK.
Bumberchute

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:51:26 AM

They already did fork. Truck coin is still it's own coin they are on two separate forks. Most of us have trk and HYP coin. I am trying to get people together to help move TRK coin forward. If anything it would be an interesting experiment which is better 200% or 750%? But in order to see the real answer we need to get an active team together on TRK.

Agreed.
iantunc

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:58:39 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2014, 05:05:27 PM by iantunc

The real benefit of Truckcoin in comparison to HyperStake is that it can have practical market implication. E.G. some transportation company may use this coin for branding purposes as it will make a gestalt.

btcsnippers

Activity: 217

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 09:56:00 AM

U know u still have ur truckcoins right captain Wink the fork meant u got a free Hype forevery trk u held , u didnt lose your Trk coins.
U can run both wallets at the same time as long as u assign a port number to one of them , like "hyperstake-qt.exe -port=12345" or do that for trk coin works fine.

billotronic
Legendary

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:20:17 PM

U know u still have ur truckcoins right captain Wink the fork meant u got a free Hype forevery trk u held , u didnt lose your Trk coins.
U can run both wallets at the same time as long as u assign a port number to one of them , like "hyperstake-qt.exe -port=12345" or do that for trk coin works fine.

Right, you know what I meant

Point being, this dev is not active.

tom14cat14

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:24:39 PM

Yes he stated he is busy and it is hard for him to keep up with this coin. That is why Myself and a few others are looking to take this coin over however I am not a dev so we would need one to join the team or we will have to have a donation address to pay for a DEV when one is needed. Currently there is nothing new needed for this coin to work. New feature are nice but not needed to make a coin work. What we need is to develop a market for the coin and market the coin.
Bumberchute

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 11:43:38 PM

Critical warning: TRK is currently the 11th lowest volume coin on Bittrex. Volume will have to increase or else TRK may find itself in the removal candidate list very soon!!
billotronic
Legendary

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:19:31 PM

Yes he stated he is busy and it is hard for him to keep up with this coin. That is why Myself and a few others are looking to take this coin over however I am not a dev so we would need one to join the team or we will have to have a donation address to pay for a DEV when one is needed. Currently there is nothing new needed for this coin to work. New feature are nice but not needed to make a coin work. What we need is to develop a market for the coin and market the coin.

No, you are right. The client as-is does indeed work. The problem is though, and mind you this is just my opinion, but folks are not going to invest money or electricity in a coin that does not have an active and vocal dev team. The alt scene is so damn inundated in coins right now that even the slightest disadvantage is enough to kill a coin. With that in mind I would strongly recommend you procure a proper coder (or two for that matter) onto your team before doing anything else. Easier said then done, I know, but the rewards would be substantial.

Bumberchute

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:05:59 PM

No, you are right. The client as-is does indeed work. The problem is though, and mind you this is just my opinion, but folks are not going to invest money or electricity in a coin that does not have an active and vocal dev team. The alt scene is so damn inundated in coins right now that even the slightest disadvantage is enough to kill a coin. With that in mind I would strongly recommend you procure a proper coder (or two for that matter) onto your team before doing anything else. Easier said then done, I know, but the rewards would be substantial.

+1 Truckcoin needs the dev's (daily) help to succeed, or else needs one or two new devs to take over.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: