Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:52:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Underground group (criminals) at bitcointalk.org  (Read 1192 times)
masterdax (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:58:38 PM

I am almost sure there is one or more groups of users who act for their own profit and cooperate to destroy, damage and scam bitcointalk.org community.

There are few of full and senior members included (I wont name any) there are other users included (users who have money) and they cooperate to make profit by stealing, scamming and they can influcence trust of other members (by giving them negative trust)

They put positive trust to each other (members of this underground group)

Easy example how it works:

Lets say there are 4 users who are part of underground group

User A, user B, user C, user D

User A has positive trust 10
User B has positive trust 20
User C is spammer, usually positive trust around 0
User D is "boss", it is mainly person who has money

From time to time they make some scam. Lets call it "example scamcoin"
User D gives money to fund "scam project"
User C - spams forum (may be more users who spam),
 - He create new user (Scamcoin) ...he spams forum with new user
 - With other accounts, he keep the thread alive. These accounts are mainly members, full members, senior members, they chit-chat at new created topic and keep it alivve.
Users A and B (users with high trust) do nothing for now ....

When they scam someone there might come User X, who would like to inform community about scammers or possible scam they try to do or already done

When underground group notice their scam may be revealed by User X and his posts, threads or comments, User C (spammer) starts spam his thread, starts counter-attack, he has to damage name of User X, he has to damage his reputation, as its his job.

THen !!!!!!

User A, B and other members of underground group comes to place. They will give negative trust to User x. As he has negative trust, community will find him as a untrusted and his thread, posts, comments has 0 value Smiley

This is how underground group at bitcointalk.org work, they scammed community several times, they act as a "solid" and "trusted members" they act like they want to "help community" but opposite is true.

They are financed from previoius scams, they are financed by users who have money, they act like a real thieves and crimianls in real world.

Thats why trust level at bitcointalk is totaly useless, as it is easily influenceable, users with high trust level can "kill" anyone....
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 09:03:49 PM

Do you actually have any evidence for this? Or are you just a jaded scammer that's decided to come back under another name to accuse people? I wouldn't be surprised if it was happening because I see shady shit going on regularly but you need real evidence before you can convince anybody here.
xXBEVOXx

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

https://cryptassist.io

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:02:12 PM

You pretty much just described the essential key points of any scam or pump and dump. Interesting theory, I agree with the trust level being useless, because with enough people and time you can create several trusted profiles and use them to do bad things. Power in numbers.

acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:20:21 PM

This post is so unreadable, and not to mention, this is made by a Newbie stating the obvious. Nothing here, folks.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:46:45 PM

This post is so unreadable, and not to mention, this is made by a Newbie stating the obvious. Nothing here, folks.
This is true.
You pretty much just described the essential key points of any scam or pump and dump. Interesting theory, I agree with the trust level being useless, because with enough people and time you can create several trusted profiles and use them to do bad things. Power in numbers.
Exactly. After the first few paragraphs I knew this was a pump-n-dump explanation. The "scamcoin" was more than enough, though.

I can not read this post and not have to read the same sentence twice over.
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:55:48 PM

Like a vod?

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:03:12 PM

Well I think it's a interesting topic, if there is a underground group active you would need some proof indeed to shut them down.
Where did you find this groups active, and wich coins are they scamming?
But I think it's a little crazy that people can just buy accounts with trust on these forums, and some people blindly trust those rep.
I think there should be something implemented that there trust rating goes away if you log in from a totally different ip in a different country.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:16:05 PM

The thing is this forum is operated in a "free market" sort of way so scammers and other undesirables are free to attempt to do as they wish and it's up to the community to get the message out on who is and who is not a scammer.

Even if this so called underground group did exist I doubt it would be possible to shut it down even if they forum wanted to or had a policy of actively banning or going after scammers.
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:33:55 PM

without full verification any community, forum etc will risk to be involved in any activity like that.
trust feedback is still better than lack of it.  don't forget only people who want to be scammed will be a victim of such thing.
If you suspicious about something you don't need to be senior or hero member to make noise about it.

i have no issues to raise concerns even with site admin if I have enough proof to do so.

have you got any particular nick names or threads so simple Simon like me can digg around it and give thumbs up or down for your findings?

you want to finish something which is not good for rest of community start doing something.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:43:43 PM

Like a vod?

Exactly the opposite of Vod.  Grin

Vod is very much respected around here, and he is a very trust-worthy member, unlike you.
JJB

Activity: 131

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:46:58 PM

It seems like you're being paranoid op, though I'm sure there are users who abuse the feedback system.
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:55:16 PM

Like a vod?

Exactly the opposite of Vod.  Grin

Vod is very much respected around here, and he is a very trust-worthy member, unlike you.
I agree, Vod is a good investigator, while Dank is a known weirdo and loony.

@OP, that's why people should be really cautious when dealing with new altcoins.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
JJB

Activity: 131

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:11:47 PM

Was dank always like this or is it just an act? Cant imagine people would loan him money if he was always this way,.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 02:17:38 PM

Was dank always like this or is it just an act? Cant imagine people would loan him money if he was always this way,.

He used to be able to put together posts filled with interesting tibits, and handle himself quite well.

Then he had a quick descent into drugs and injections, and his reality crumbled.  All happened between November of last year and April of this year.

Now he doesn't know his mind is gone.  He views himself as a god and everyone else as delusional.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
griffinriz

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:23:58 PM

Related to *Pump and Dump*  Tongue
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:23:39 PM

Dank has always been a character but a lot of people loaned him money because he had stated that his parents are upper-middle class. So people assumed that if there were problems and push came to shove Dank would get the money to pay the people back from his parents.
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:46:21 PM

He used to be able to put together posts filled with interesting tibits, and handle himself quite well.

Then he had a quick descent into drugs and injections, and his reality crumbled.  All happened between November of last year and April of this year.

Now he doesn't know his mind is gone.  He views himself as a god and everyone else as delusional.

This is why I said like a vod.  Vod knows I have never injected any drugs into myself, yet he continues to spam his defamation posts.

So yes, like a vod.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 05:11:09 PM

This is why I said like a vod.  Vod knows I have never injected any drugs into myself, yet he continues to spam his defamation posts.

So yes, like a vod.

It's possible to inject responsibly and safely. Some people with diabetes inject insulin all the time.
CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 05:15:44 PM

So yes, like a vod.

It's possible to inject responsibly and safely. Some people with diabetes inject insulin all the time.

And yet, I have a feeling most of us are pretty confident that he was not talking about injecting insulin. But hey, there's always that possibility, too.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 06:18:25 PM

Dank has always been a character but a lot of people loaned him money because he had stated that his parents are upper-middle class. So people assumed that if there were problems and push came to shove Dank would get the money to pay the people back from his parents.

But when dank threatened to kill his mother just once, to free her of her demons, he was forcibally removed from his house by police.  I don't he will be welcomed back at any time.  His gravy boat has sunk and now he has to pay his own way.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: