Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:12:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Throwing in the towel  (Read 12669 times)
GeniuSxBoY (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 02:14:28 PM

CryptoXchange, Intersango, bitstamp

Seriously?

Do you really consider those sites meaningful? I have jackoff sessions more important.

If mtgox fails, bitcoin fails.

Be humble!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 02:28:16 PM

Why should they? Just the recent panic should have earned them $10K. They have weathered similar setbacks with SEPA in the past.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
GeniuSxBoY (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 02:32:00 PM

Let's pretend for a second Mtgox closes.

Nobody has the resources to make a hacker proof site as hacker proof as Mtgox.

Bitcoin sites will be plagued by password database leaks, stolen accounts, and stolen wallets.

Building an impenetrable bank on a ship with cracks in the hull. Smart idea?

Be humble!
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 02:33:26 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2012, 03:06:14 PM by BadBear

Seriously?

Do you really consider those sites meaningful? I have jackoff sessions more important.

http://a0.img.mobypicture.com/10a7cee3f43e732695c3718e99ca7e27_square.jpg

Mod Note: Don't hotlink NSFW images

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
GeniuSxBoY (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 02:34:57 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2012, 02:59:38 PM by BadBear

Seriously?

http://a0.img.mobypicture.com/10a7cee3f43e732695c3718e99ca7e27_square.jpg

Be humble!
GeniuSxBoY (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 02:37:40 PM

Nobody has the resources to make a hacker proof site as hacker proof as Mtgox.

Really? No one? MtGox are gods apparently.

Frame of reference d00d.

No one "willing to invest into Bitcoin"

Be humble!
anu
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 02:38:08 PM

What do you think?

I think you are a very narrow minded opportunist. If anything, this whole issue proves how much we need Bitcoin.

▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.GET WHITELISTED.
freshzive

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 04:02:25 PM

Down down down! Looking forward to that massive drop in mining difficulty Smiley Smiley

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 04:35:52 PM

Down down down! Looking forward to that massive drop in mining difficulty Smiley Smiley
It may take awhile.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
gewure

Activity: 364

[#][#][#]

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 04:57:11 PM

after seeing that the price droped down to nearly 4 today, i knew i would have been zhoutonged. i also felt like throwing in the towel. and i must say i am also a little disappointed. technical analysis - OK and stuff, but where were the ppl and theire walls? everything fake! everything smoke and bubble!

- 43% in 4 days, this would kill every normal stock. and it certainly is no good thing for bitcoin.

so if you followed the swarm, sold everything in a panic and dropped the price with shorts excuse my emotions: fuck you!
if you are one of those, putting bid walls as high as 20.000 btc and then decide to pull them down and change sides: fuck you very much!

this probably will drive/scare away many people who searched to invest in bitcoin, like i was scared away for about 2 months by the fatal droping price until about $4.

nobody buys into a chart which shows a clearly broken uptrend and panic selling of the sheeps and manipulation like mad. nobody who cares about his money. 

so finally you begun the shit, now end it. drop the price to 3$ or whatever, so miners are forced out of theire business and bitcoin has another crisis2.0 and beeing mentioned in the newspapers as "the hacker money is dead/dies".  surely that will drop the prices even lower and finally we can close the chapter. paypal/westerunion/paxum won, and goldmann sachs can also dance on the grave. maybe they are next to invent the new crypto currency, beeing controlled by them and having the acceptance bitcoin never had.

i kind of throwed a mental towell. at first i applaud your guys, but -40% in 5 days.. that is too much for me - i can't include that in my risk management on bitcoinica. and who tells me that there is anything real at this price?! nobody.

conclusion: im telling everybody to get some bitcoins, while i won't get some now. in fact im giving bad advice if i call to buy bitcoin now. -40% .. why not -70% the next days?! im sure there are folks out there like me who get zhoutonged when price hits 4$.

bitclown

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 05:10:46 PM

If only someone could come up with some kind of decentralized way to store value to rid of us of all these single points of failure.

Oh, that's right. You don't really care about what Bitcoin actually is. It's all a big lottery ticket to you.
gewure

[#][#][#]

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 05:15:40 PM

If only someone could come up with some kind of decentralized way to store value to rid of us of all these single points of failure.

Oh, that's right. You don't really care about what Bitcoin actually is. It's all a big lottery ticket to you.

bitcoin is the store of value - getting constantly fucked up. prices under 5$ are medium sized catastrophe for bitcoin. but thats the way you, the people of the market, wanted it to be. maybe its my fault also, cause i played with zhoutong to much. after all that leveraged trading has some nasty effects on price.

anyway: bad bad last 4 days for bitcoin. i hope the damage done is not to severe Sad
gewure

[#][#][#]

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 05:32:25 PM

bitcoin is the store of value - getting constantly fucked up. prices under 5$ are medium sized catastrophe for bitcoin. but thats the way you, the people of the market, wanted it to be. maybe its my fault also, cause i played with zhoutong to much. after all that leveraged trading has some nasty effects on price.

anyway: bad bad last 4 days for bitcoin. i hope the damage done is not to severe Sad

I understand your frustration, but how is speculating on the price fixing it? What is your goal? Speculation has it's place, but if you want to increase Bitcoin's acceptance and use, do something besides speculate. Create a valuable service and accept Bitcoin as payment. Create a valuable product and accept Bitcoin at payment.

A speculator doesn't care about the price of Bitcoin. He cares about making money on the movements. I often forget this myself.

i DO something besides speculating. i hoard, i buy stuff, i buy stocks on glbse, i spread bitcoin-propaganda wherever i come to, i even trade some goods to friends for bitcoin.

my frustration is only partly cause i lost that 27 coins or how much they were, its mostly because of lost confidence in the bitcoin future. how shall bitcoin reach a broader public and increase in usabillity, when still prices drop that brutal?! .. if you come across this forum, you get a pretty zynical and pessimist view on bitcoins future - and price drops reflect that. its the speed in which it happens. 40% loss in such a short time is simply to much, compared to the mining costs of one bitcoin beeing estimated at about 3$.  again: bad bad signals for bitcoins future.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 05:41:30 PM

maybe you should take a break gewure, seriously, a few months for example. You are free to ignore my advice but i know for sure not all of us can stand pressure the same way

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
gewure

[#][#][#]

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 05:54:22 PM

maybe you should take a break gewure, seriously, a few months for example. You are free to ignore my advice but i know for sure not all of us can stand pressure the same way

im not crying, don't worry Smiley

i just lowered my exspectations on bitcoin. my mid term strategy turned out to be invalid. the last 3 months i sticked to it, thinking the market finaly is stable between 4.5 and 6 something. turned out to be invalid. i gave it about a 80% probability of not droping below 4.5 all the time, till yesterday.

was 4.5 to optimistic?! - not really i think. i underestimated the bitcoin-speculator induced volatility.
the next days will show us further what the future of bitcoin will look like; if i think of it idealistic, that is the way i would like to see bitcoin in the future, i really really really hope it does not break bellow $3.

am i overemotional if i call 'bitcoins dead' into mind again if prices go bellow $3?! i don't know if such price movement can go on, without doing severe longterm damage to bitcoins reputation and the economy.

i will suspend my trading untill i have found my new mid term strategy, paraipan.
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 05:54:58 PM

Nothing serious has happened from the perspective of Bitcoin's long term future. Absolutely nothing. I've never seen such overreaction that we have seen now, not even in the Bitcoin market. I agree that the worst damage from this is the price volatility itself but everyone involved with Bitcoin right now should know what to expect. I also tell everyone that I mention Bitcoin to, that they keep this in mind if they want to buy bitcoins.

I think the worst about this is people using Bitcoinica who should not be using Bitcoinica. Don't use it unless you know what you're doing and/or are prepared to take a total loss at any time without regret.

I can admit that I hold a fairly significant BTC position and it's worth less now, but I haven't sold anything nor am I planning to sell anything. Nothing has happened that would really worry me from a long term perspective. My position is not a leveraged position of course, it's a traditional one. I will never touch Bitcoinica.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
anu
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 05:58:04 PM

Nothing serious has happened from the perspective of Bitcoin's long term future. Absolutely nothing. I've never seen such overreaction that we have seen now, not even in the Bitcoin market. I agree that the worst damage from this is the price volatility itself but everyone involved with Bitcoin right now should know what to expect. I also tell everyone that I mention Bitcoin to, that they keep this in mind if they want to buy bitcoins.

I think the worst about this is people using Bitcoinica who should not be using Bitcoinica. Don't use it unless you know what you're doing and/or are prepared to take a total loss at any time without regret.

I can admit that I hold a fairly significant BTC position and it's worth less now, but I haven't sold anything nor am I planning to sell anything. Nothing has happened that would really worry me from a long term perspective. My position is not a leveraged position of course, it's a traditional one. I will never touch Bitcoinica.

+1

▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.GET WHITELISTED.
Savior

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 06:02:04 PM

Gewure, no offense, but you do realise you are contributing to the bitcoin price going more up and down, when your leveraged long get liquided. Luckily people like me stopped the fall at 4.2 - 4.4. If everyone did like you, the price would be a lot lower now. ( And gone up a lot more before the fall).  I am impressed at how stable the bitcoin price has been lately thought compared to how unknown the price really is.
gewure

[#][#][#]

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 06:03:56 PM

on my longterm strategy, to which i stick, a drop bellow $3 in this state of progress of bitcoin would be the first serious warning sign of the longterm strategy beeing invalid. so it changes something in my system, cause this possibility has just been enabled.

so i lower my longterm(4 years) goal from 23$ to 12$

prices may rise in future - sure. but abandon the skyrocket, 7.2 is mid-term(half year) goal for now, 23$ longterm goal.
Edward50

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 06:08:12 PM

nothing serious? Tradehill decided to shut down because of banking troubles. What is not to say Mtgox would suffer the safe fate? If Mtgox, went down that would pretty much cause bitcoin price to crash.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: