Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:31:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Novello Technologies new Mining System Project, prices as low as $0.3/GH  (Read 40562 times)
kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:18:50 PM

I went trough your description for project. First I would like to say that's interesting. I agree with some of your statements about information shared with miners and potential customers Smiley which are not so positive and does not fully support straight selling  Embarrassed

Would be very good if you can prove work you did. Show some of the simulation, design of the product etc... . But it this stage when you have no product it will be very hard.

I do not want to comment if this going to happen or not. I would wish rather yes. I will keep eyes here.

I wish you good luck.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Majixagi

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:20:21 PM

... get funding ...
You're asking for us to be investors, why not give us the benefits of investors in return ?

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your input.

Strictly speaking you're buyers, not investors. We promise you delivery of an item at a future date in return for your payment. I can see why you might think that though, your 'investment' , as it were, is to give you a commercial advantage when your item gets delivered.

As a company we will use virtually all the money we get in orders to fund system development, satisfy those orders and stay afloat while doing so. After that we have to try to solicit more orders to keep the company going and invest in R&D for new products.   

In traditional markets such as if we were buying a car or even a computer you would be correct in saying that we are buyers, not investors. However, people who purchase miners are not purchasing hardware so much as they are purchasing an investment. So even with "off the shelf" purchases we are investors who are taking a calculated risk with what we purchase. We aren't buying a miner to be cool (or hot) or because it gives us pleasure to look at or provides any utility to us outside of an investment.

The pre-order scheme takes that investment mindset a step further and asks the customer to take on additional risk beyond their calculated risk. It asks the customer to take risks that can't be calculated as accurately because there is less available information. Strictly speaking, from our perspective, in a pre-order we are not buyers but co-investors. A company who understands that this is the mindset of the small-time bitcoin miner would be a refreshing approach to the market.

has not sold out
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:43:35 PM

Bottom line, you do not have the skill to complete this project. This project will never succeed.

Buy & Hold
novello (OP)

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:48:18 PM

... get funding ...
You're asking for us to be investors, why not give us the benefits of investors in return ?

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your input.

Strictly speaking you're buyers, not investors. We promise you delivery of an item at a future date in return for your payment. I can see why you might think that though, your 'investment' , as it were, is to give you a commercial advantage when your item gets delivered.

As a company we will use virtually all the money we get in orders to fund system development, satisfy those orders and stay afloat while doing so. After that we have to try to solicit more orders to keep the company going and invest in R&D for new products.   

In traditional markets such as if we were buying a car or even a computer you would be correct in saying that we are buyers, not investors. However, people who purchase miners are not purchasing hardware so much as they are purchasing an investment. So even with "off the shelf" purchases we are investors who are taking a calculated risk with what we purchase. We aren't buying a miner to be cool (or hot) or because it gives us pleasure to look at or provides any utility to us outside of an investment.

The pre-order scheme takes that investment mindset a step further and asks the customer to take on additional risk beyond their calculated risk. It asks the customer to take risks that can't be calculated as accurately because there is less available information. Strictly speaking, from our perspective, in a pre-order we are not buyers but co-investors. A company who understands that this is the mindset of the small-time bitcoin miner would be a refreshing approach to the market.

Well put, and exactly in line with our ethos. I'm sure you've read through our proposal but due to it's length it takes a few readings to fully understand how we have approached the project.

Firstly, it's not a one off, and our GSP idea came about because, as we said, we want to build a sustainable business, not get rich quick. That means we carry our first adopters, for want as a better expression , 'with' us and make sure they are the ones we look after and help to maximise their earnings. No other company has ever proposed this.

Secondly, we're firmly against centralisation and at the risk of concerted attacks on ourproject we come to it again and again in our proposal and say how we're going to help the 'little guy' compete against the hash farmers. Not everyone welcomes that idea, I can tell you.

No matter how much you would like it to happen, no commercial company is going to basically issue 'shares' to investors, supply them with a rig then on going profits. You can buy a cloud hashing deal, but the less said about those the better.

We are saying: back us to get the project started, we'll give you something that will give you an immediate financial advantage when it's delivered then keep you supplied with discounted hardware to keep that advantage. Maybe not exactly what you would wish for, but unfortunately it's the best we can offer just now.

That's not so say that a future project might not follow your suggestion more closely.

Thanks for taking the time to post this.

mulletwang

Activity: 110

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:53:56 PM

Hello,

I am considering funding your project but I would like know what the difference is between the 49' and the 500' options. I went through your website and I would strongly recommend having a more professional website created as it looks..... Well it looks bad is all I can say. I really appreciate the balance your organization is looking to return to the mining market. This is the main reason why I am considering funding you. I feel like you are bringing a business perspective that is not entirely profit driven and I can really get behind something like that.

I think your investors will be people like me so focus on what your strengths are and don't let the naysayers discourage your efforts; though I do think you still fall short as far as passing the smells test. There have been good suggestions made previously about increasing your credibility. Maybe some more specific engineering data that can be verified by forum members. (Wish it would mean something to me, other than independent verification)

Good luck!
-cheers
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:00:27 PM

Hello,

I am considering funding your project but I would like know what the difference is between the 49' and the 500' options. I went through your website and I would strongly recommend having a more professional website created as it looks..... Well it looks bad is all I can say. I really appreciate the balance your organization is looking to return to the mining market. This is the main reason why I am considering funding you. I feel like you are bringing a business perspective that is not entirely profit driven and I can really get behind something like that.

I think your investors will be people like me so focus on what your strengths are and don't let the naysayers discourage your efforts; though I do think you still fall short as far as passing the smells test. There have been good suggestions made previously about increasing your credibility. Maybe some more specific engineering data that can be verified by forum members. (Wish it would mean something to me, other than independent verification)

Good luck!
-cheers

Don't invest until you have more proof about them or about their skills.

iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:05:24 PM

I have a great idea for a new car.  I just need to potential buyers to give me %100 of the financing necessary to develop, test & market it.
WTF?

Why does this still seem OK to people?

STOP asking us to finance your Co.
1) Develop a product
2) Market it...WHEN THE FUCKING THING EXISTS AND IS READY TO SELL
3) profit - get bigger and sell more or go bust

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 03:06:31 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2014, 03:48:51 PM by jonnybravo0311

... get funding ...

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your input.

Quite simply, you are incorrect here.  You are, and will remain, a buyer.  If you were an investor, you would be sending money to the company, and would expect return on your investment from the company based on performance.  People who purchase stock in a company are investors.

You are sending money to the company with the intent of receiving a product.  What you then do with that product once you have received it is not relevant to the company.  If it so happens that this product makes you some money, then so be it.  

Your investment is in BTC.  By purchasing a miner, you are making a decision to actively support the BTC network.  That's what mining is: supporting and helping secure the network.  You are rewarded for your efforts with generated coins.

What Novello is stating is the following (and yes, I'm taking their entire plan and compressing it to a couple of sentences): We are going to build mining hardware that will be competitive and allow the "little guy" to remain in the mining game.  We are going to do this by providing great price-to-hash value in the hardware, and by providing relatively inexpensive ways to continuously upgrade your existing hardware.  To achieve our goal of great hardware at a great price, we need capital; and, to receive that capital we are looking to the mining community to believe in us and pre-order our hardware.

Whether or not they succeed with their mission remains to be seen.  They have a long, tough road ahead of them, both to secure funding and to produce the hardware on time and on budget.  As can be seen throughout this post, MANY of the very people they are hoping will pre-order their products are extremely skeptical from being burned so many times in the past by other companies.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
novello (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:13:54 PM

Hello,

Good luck!
-cheers

Hi, and thanks for you post. The only difference is in the price - it's a reward for contributing early. Apologies for the website, we were not planning initially to put one up at all.

We've given more than enough engineering data for any competent asic / system designer to look at and pass comment on - an awful lot more than any other company has ever given at this stage. Trouble is. on these forums you never know who is really independent let alone competent.

Thanks also for your encouragement. Believe me, we've faced a lot tougher crowds than this in our careers; we're patient and persistent and will defend our project to the end.

novello (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:16:41 PM

... get funding ...

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your input.

Quite simply, you are incorrect here.  You are, and will remain, a buyer.  If you were an investor, you would be sending money to the company, and would expect return on your investment from the company based on performance.  People who purchase stock in a company are investors.

You are sending money to the company with the intent of receiving a product.  What you then do with that product once you have received it is not relevant to the company.  If it so happens that this product makes you some money, then so be it.  

Your investment is in BTC.  By purchasing a miner, you are making a decision to actively support the BTC network.  That's what mining is: supporting and helping secure the network.  You are rewarded for your efforts with generated coins.

What Novello is stating is the following (and yes, I'm taking their entire plan and compressing it to a couple of sentences): We are going to build mining hardware that will be competitive and allow the "little guy" to remain in the mining game.  We are going to do this by providing great price-to-hash value in the hardware, and by providing relatively inexpensive ways to continuously upgrade your existing hardware.  To achieve our goal of great hardware at a great price, we need capital; and, to receive that capital we are looking to the mining community to believe in us and pre-order our hardware.

Whether or not they succeed with their mission remains to be seen.  They have a long, tough road ahead of them, both to secure funding and to produce the hardware on time and on budget.  As can be seen throughout this post, MANY of the very people they are hoping will invest are extremely skeptical from being burned so many times in the past by other companies.

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for the post. Mind if we use your 'compressed' words in the future? Couldn't have put it better ourselves.

novello (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:19:35 PM

Hello,

Good luck!
-cheers

It's always good advice to be cautious, but first have a look at my 'update' post put on earlier today. Thanks for reminding me. Any comment on our J/GH figure in light of the info?

Majixagi

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:21:37 PM

Whether or not they succeed with their mission remains to be seen.  They have a long, tough road ahead of them, both to secure funding and to produce the hardware on time and on budget.  As can be seen throughout this post, MANY of the very people they are hoping will invest are extremely skeptical from being burned so many times in the past by other companies.

It's simply fantasy to believe that everyone in bitcoin mining is doing so for altruistic reasons. There may be a few of those people left, but none of those are interested in pre-orders or supporting the arms race in any way. People mine bitcoin for the rewards and no other reason. People will cause 51% dangers because of the perception that rewards are greater by following the crowd.

Your very last sentence negated the whole point you were trying to make by admitting customers were investing.

has not sold out
Slaine

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:37:34 PM

The one thing I like about this campaign is that I can take a gamble as a hobby miner without risking too much.

I can do my liver a favour and stay in a few weekends and that will of paid for a Nova 1, the alternative is I give the money to the missus and she spends it on flippin online shopping.

Yes the site could be more polished and a bit more clarity on the information, but at the end of the day their delivery date isn't that far away, damn handy since it will be cold and a bit extra heat in the house wont hurt.

If this is a new company sorting VAT can be a bit of a faff on and probably delayed them (I've been there!), so they have obviously decided to go live with what the have and polish the edges along the way.

I really hope they succeed as you have to admit that asic stick does look cool and as a gadget freak I really want one, one of the Nova 1's would do as a nice replacement for my S1 as well.  Grin
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:46:13 PM

It's always good advice to be cautious, but first have a look at my 'update' post put on earlier today. Thanks for reminding me. Any comment on our J/GH figure in light of the info?

I did: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=638729.msg7147207#msg7147207 but you seem to avoid replying to me.

Quite simply, you are incorrect here.  You are, and will remain, a buyer.  If you were an investor, you would be sending money to the company, and would expect return on your investment from the company based on performance.  People who purchase stock in a company are investors.

You are sending money to the company with the intent of receiving a product.  What you then do with that product once you have received it is not relevant to the company.  If it so happens that this product makes you some money, then so be it. 

Your investment is in BTC.  By purchasing a miner, you are making a decision to actively support the BTC network.  That's what mining is: supporting and helping secure the network.  You are rewarded for your efforts with generated coins.

What Novello is stating is the following (and yes, I'm taking their entire plan and compressing it to a couple of sentences): We are going to build mining hardware that will be competitive and allow the "little guy" to remain in the mining game.  We are going to do this by providing great price-to-hash value in the hardware, and by providing relatively inexpensive ways to continuously upgrade your existing hardware.  To achieve our goal of great hardware at a great price, we need capital; and, to receive that capital we are looking to the mining community to believe in us and pre-order our hardware.

Whether or not they succeed with their mission remains to be seen.  They have a long, tough road ahead of them, both to secure funding and to produce the hardware on time and on budget.  As can be seen throughout this post, MANY of the very people they are hoping will invest are extremely skeptical from being burned so many times in the past by other companies.

As Majixagi pointed miners don't do it 100% for altruistic purposes. Even if they do miners still need to invest big in mining equipment because technology hasn't leveled off and technology is evolving very very fast. My 110GH rig that I received in August 2013 is good for trash now, but luckily I was able to regain my investment in in and got a Jupiter which allowed me to stay in the mining game. If it didn't then I was out. So miners need their ROI in order to be able to get better equipment which protects the network better.

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 03:48:08 PM

... get funding ...

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your input.

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for the post. Mind if we use your 'compressed' words in the future? Couldn't have put it better ourselves.
You're welcome to use my summary if you wish.

It's simply fantasy to believe that everyone in bitcoin mining is doing so for altruistic reasons. There may be a few of those people left, but none of those are interested in pre-orders or supporting the arms race in any way. People mine bitcoin for the rewards and no other reason. People will cause 51% dangers because of the perception that rewards are greater by following the crowd.

Your very last sentence negated the whole point you were trying to make by admitting customers were investing.
I never stated people are mining for altruistic reasons, nor was it implied.  I haven't purchased hardware for the sole reason of supporting the network, I'm also hoping that the rewarded coins I receive for mining will translate into profit.  You're absolutely correct that the majority of people who mine care solely about the rewards they will receive.  They'll just point their miners to whatever pool they feel will provide the greatest reward and that's the end of it.

I will edit my final sentence to state, "... people they are hoping will pre-order their product..." as it better explains the point I was trying to convey.  Thanks for pointing that out.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
novello (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:03:16 PM

I did: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=638729.msg7147207#msg7147207 but you seem to avoid replying to me.

Quite simply, you are incorrect here.  You are, and will remain, a buyer.  If you were an investor, you would be sending money to the company, and would expect return on your investment from the company based on performance.  People who purchase stock in a company are investors.

You are sending money to the company with the intent of receiving a product.  What you then do with that product once you have received it is not relevant to the company.  If it so happens that this product makes you some money, then so be it. 

Your investment is in BTC.  By purchasing a miner, you are making a decision to actively support the BTC network.  That's what mining is: supporting and helping secure the network.  You are rewarded for your efforts with generated coins.

What Novello is stating is the following (and yes, I'm taking their entire plan and compressing it to a couple of sentences): We are going to build mining hardware that will be competitive and allow the "little guy" to remain in the mining game.  We are going to do this by providing great price-to-hash value in the hardware, and by providing relatively inexpensive ways to continuously upgrade your existing hardware.  To achieve our goal of great hardware at a great price, we need capital; and, to receive that capital we are looking to the mining community to believe in us and pre-order our hardware.

Whether or not they succeed with their mission remains to be seen.  They have a long, tough road ahead of them, both to secure funding and to produce the hardware on time and on budget.  As can be seen throughout this post, MANY of the very people they are hoping will invest are extremely skeptical from being burned so many times in the past by other companies.

As Majixagi pointed miners don't do it 100% for altruistic purposes. Even if they do miners still need to invest big in mining equipment because technology hasn't leveled off and technology is evolving very very fast. My 110GH rig that I received in August 2013 is good for trash now, but luckily I was able to regain my investment in in and got a Jupiter which allowed me to stay in the mining game. If it didn't then I was out. So miners need their ROI in order to be able to get better equipment which protects the network better.

Hi Roadstress, I was asking about your specific question about the J/GH at the chip. I'm sorry, but I missed your other post but I will respond to it later. We are very well aware of what other companies have done

novello (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:11:56 PM

http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/pages/team  

Some faces with experience sure made pre-ordering at Stech easier for me. Do you not think it would be better to list out your team and their experience?

Remember you came to the forum hat in hand so it is well within the scope to ask before we even consider the proposal who makes up the team? That is a pretty fair question.

It's a question but again it comes down to brass tacks. Limkedin profiles mean nothing, and no reputable company willgive out details about former or present employees, or what they worked on. So basically you cant trust anything anyone says online about their background or experience. Measure it from what they present.

We came on the forums, as you say, to see if we can raise extra finance. Indiegogo is our primary funding platform. Whether you contribute to the project or not is a personal decision, as is ours to restrict information about our staff.

What we've pitched contains about 5 times as much as all the past proposals put together with a lot more real data. We appreciate people got royally rooked by other companies, but that does'ntmean to say we will do the same.

Thanks for posting, though. Like your work  with the WASP project.

RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:18:11 PM

Hi Roadstress, I was asking about your specific question about the J/GH at the chip. I'm sorry, but I missed your other post but I will respond to it later. We are very well aware of what other companies have done

There is nothing to comment on the J/GH at chip level. If you are aware of what other companies have done then you should also know that Bitmine.ch also advertised 0.35J/GH and they ended up with over 0.7J/GH I think. As I said in my reply we had it all in the last year. Promises, lies, scams.

What we've pitched contains about 5 times as much as all the past proposals put together with a lot more real data. We appreciate people got royally rooked by other companies, but that does'ntmean to say we will do the same.

This is the best that you got? Give me all your money and I will give you a 100TH/s miner in december and I promise that I won't scam you. See? I can raise funds too. We had TONS of lies like this in the last year. This gives 0 confidence!

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 04:27:42 PM

and no reputable company willgive out details about former or present employees, or what they worked on.
Boy, do I wholly disagree with that statement.  Here are some pretty reputable companies:

IBM - http://www.ibm.com/ibm/ginni/
Microsoft - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/exec/slt.aspx
Ford - http://corporate.ford.com/our-company/governance-hub/board-of-directors-801p

Virtually EVERY reputable company gives out details.  Obviously, it is your choice whether to follow these kinds of examples.

novello (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:30:50 PM

There is nothing to comment on the J/GH at chip level. If you are aware of what other companies have done then you should also know that Bitmine.ch also advertised 0.35J/GH and they ended up with over 0.7J/GH I think. As I said in my reply we had it all in the last year. Promises, lies, scams.

This is the best that you got? Give me all your money and I will give you a 100TH/s miner in december and I promise that I won't scam you. See? I can raise funds too. We had TONS of lies like this in the last year. This gives 0 confidence!

OK, so now we've given you on - die device sizes, power share per device - well, you can work it out from the device specs - so you can evaluate some metrics about what's happening at transistor level.

Please get back to me at your earliest convenience.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: