Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:34:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I see some manipulation...  (Read 1902 times)
finway (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 03:04:05 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2012, 05:26:58 PM by finway

OP_EVAL dead because of some nonsense "Statical analyzable" problem
BIP16 argument brought up by luke-jr
MtGoxLive chaos
FreeZeBird twitter closeed
ABCpool suspend
BTCinch closed
BitServ down
MtGox AML rule change
Paxum cut off bitcoin business
TradeHill suspending
BitScalper hacked
Btc-E   rumor

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 03:12:41 PM

That's not manipulation, that's actual damage dealt.

If people are serious, these fights are good. They make us strong. If people run off because they lost money in the glorious "buy BTC, get rich while watching TV" scheme... well, we can just hope there are other kinds of people around.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 03:13:41 PM

If that's all they got, I'm good.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 08:10:59 PM

Surely, this is not all a coincidence.

We must remember that CIA is oficially & unoficially "interested" in Bitcoin. That may mean many things. They may be trying to either manipulate the currency to their advantage or destroy it, or perhaps both.

These guys aren't stupid.

glitch003

Activity: 219
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 08:30:54 PM

We must remember that CIA is oficially & unoficially "interested" in Bitcoin. That may mean many things. They may be trying to either manipulate the currency to their advantage or destroy it, or perhaps both.

Indeed, the CIA forced Luke-Jr to argue about BIP16.  They also forced tradehill to suspend.  Or, sometimes similar things happen at the same time, maybe even as a result of eachother.  Meaning one thing on the list that OP posted could've caused another item in the list.  Or, it's the CIA.

Also you spelled your name wrong, it's Harbinger: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/harbinger
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 09:26:36 PM

Indeed, the CIA forced Luke-Jr to argue about BIP16.  They also forced tradehill to suspend.  Or, sometimes similar things happen at the same time, maybe even as a result of eachother.  Meaning one thing on the list that OP posted could've caused another item in the list.  Or, it's the CIA.

Also you spelled your name wrong, it's Harbinger: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/harbinger

Also you spelled your name wrong, it's Harbinger:

I don't think so: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=The%20Harbringer%20Of%20Torment

I spell Phinnaeus differently, also.

Back on subject: Perhaps Alex Jones should look into all this.

~Brewneaux~
Desolator

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 10:59:49 PM

you forgot,
Modern Warfare 3 suddenly can't find a Sabotage game with <125ms ping time

but anyway, I haven't heard of quite a few of those but the actual California investment licensing enforcement with coordinated bank account shutdowns to match blatantly suggest government and private coordination.  Obviously BTC has been around to be taken seriously enough that banks and btc is like when Pepsi buys out some smaller drink manufacturer.  They own almost all drinks because they destroy competition when it's still considered "small but not going away anytime soon."
ssaCEO

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 11:27:46 PM

Occam's razor: Why assume a conspiracy when all this can be explained by incompetence?  Roll Eyes

giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2012, 12:11:15 AM

Occam's razor: Why assume a conspiracy when all this can be explained by incompetence?  Roll Eyes

Popcorn: Why assume incompetence when all these conspiracies are way more fun to discuss? Roll Eyes

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
amencon

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 12:30:12 AM

I spell Phinnaeus differently, also.

2 wrongs don't make a right Bruno.
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 06:14:38 PM

OMG, WHY in the world did you have to tell me this ?
Now i will have to execute a (surely) long, difficult (if even possible) process of changing my nickname on all of the Bitcoin forums !

Ohhh the pain... It's unbearable.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: