Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:31:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What do you think about gold and bitcoins?
Only gold is money.  Bitcoin is crap. - 16 (6%)
Gold and bitcoins are complementary.  Both have different uses and both are usefull. - 204 (76.7%)
Gold will be replaced by bitcoins, and will eventually be worthless. - 26 (9.8%)
Gold will be backed by bitcoins someday. - 9 (3.4%)
Both gold and bitcoins are barbareous.  I hope they both crash. - 11 (4.1%)
Total Voters: 265

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold vs bitcoin  (Read 12291 times)
jtimon
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2011, 11:04:43 PM

...Keynes didn't say a single truth. 

"In the long run we're all dead"?

also...

As the inflation proceeds and the value of the currency fluctuates wildly from month to month, all permanent relations between debtors and creditors, which form the ultimate foundation of capitalism, become so utterly disordered as to be almost meaningless; and the process of wealth-getting degenerates into a gamble and a lottery.
Lenin was certainly right. There is no subtler, no surer means of overturning the existing basis of society than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose.

Wow, that was from keynes? Maybe we should all read him after all. Maybe I do some day.
I stick with this one:

"Gesell's chiefwork is written in cool and scientific terms, although it is run through by a more passionate and charged devotion to social justice than many think fit for a scholar. I believe that the future will learn more from Gesell’s than from Marx’s spirit."
—John Maynard Keynes

I like Gesell's critique to Marx a lot. I've read some small parts from Mises's, but I want to read that whole book.

2 different forms of free-money: Freicoin (free of basic interest because it's perishable), Mutual credit (no interest because it's abundant)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 07:34:26 PM

Bitcoin is nothing.  It has one use, and that is to exist and be exchanged.

While this is technically true, you seem to be drastically underrating its utility as a digital means of exchange. Let's just say that at this point, until something superior comes along, bitcoins will continue to have significant value.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 01:47:53 PM

Just created an image for you to show you my opinion Smiley

Hehe Smiley
Icardi09

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:58:25 PM

Hehe Smiley
nice Grin
bitcoin : gold currency in digital age Cheesy
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 03:00:08 PM

Hehe Smiley
nice Grin

This is a point! Smiley
And maybe some pepole would consider why it is better to invest into BTC than into GOLD Smiley
Icardi09

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:03:45 PM

Hehe Smiley
nice Grin

This is a point! Smiley
And maybe some pepole would consider why it is better to invest into BTC than into GOLD Smiley

i agree Grin
but gold price will skyrocketing when war time, idk where will BTC price go to when war time
better split our investment, gold and BTC.
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 03:25:43 PM

Hehe Smiley
nice Grin

This is a point! Smiley

i agree Grin
but gold price will skyrocketing when war time, idk where will BTC price go to when war time
better split our investment, gold and BTC.

I just hope there will be no more war time Sad
And price of BTC will skyrocket with growth of its popularity.

SmileyBTC
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:53:20 PM

Bitcoin and Gold are both useful;Bitcoin is new and is the future and Gold had value since the humans found it and use it and will continue to have value.I am for both!

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
softron

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:41:58 AM

Btc = digital
gold = physical.
I dont think btc can replace gold

roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 01:22:17 PM

Btc = digital
gold = physical.
I dont think btc can replace gold

In digital age?? Hmmm ... Smiley noooooo... impossssssibbbllllee...
bobdutica

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:14:39 PM

Your third link is broken, unless you intended us to read about waterbeds or textiles.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: