Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:23:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cant buy bitcoins anywhere  (Read 1431 times)
wasserman99

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:14:09 PM

Have you checked localbitcoins.com? There is possibly an over-the-counter market in your area (cash-->bitcoin). Also, it is possible to trade with others there via bank transfer. Escrow is available.

byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:23:23 PM

Have you checked localbitcoins.com? There is possibly an over-the-counter market in your area (cash-->bitcoin). Also, it is possible to trade with others there via bank transfer. Escrow is available.

Lol, can you please read the thread? He needs more bitcoins and finds it too fussy.
wasserman99

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:31:47 PM

Lol, can you please read the thread? He needs more bitcoins and finds it too fussy.

Ah, missed the post where he said he needed SMS for that. Actually I don't think that is true. My experience with localbitcoins is that you DO NOT need a verified phone number. But I have never actually completed a trade there -- only posted and removed an ad.

kolbas_po15 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:34:39 PM

no you dont really need SMS for local bitcoins but all sellers require it. And anxpro require proof of address exactly like bitstamp
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:50:31 PM

You can try TheRockTrading or Vicurex or BTC-e, if you want to use BitStamp try to contact the support explaining them your situation.

Don't use Vircurex.

But use BTC-e, Dr-Exchanger, Coinbase, localbitcoins, etc.
Taz

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:51:34 PM

I agree with hilariousandco, the coins don't have an exact price. The price an exchange is showing only means something on that exchange.
Until it becomes more widespread in your area it will usually cost you to buy or sell bitcoin.
You just need to factor this in to what you're willing to spend and trust that you will eventually make it back from price increases.
Keep looking though. You'll find a way.
wasserman99

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:15:17 PM

You can try TheRockTrading or Vicurex or BTC-e, if you want to use BitStamp try to contact the support explaining them your situation.

Don't use Vircurex.

Yes, Vircurex is in a deep, deep hole and I would stay very far away. They openly do not have funds on account to pay all liabilities, and many users have frozen funds there.

bitcoinforhelp

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:04:18 AM

any exchange, btc-e for example, doesn't matter if ur european or from other place Smiley
ashleysly

Activity: 225

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:22:24 AM

I think https://www.alfacashier.com uses euros. Since your in Europe, I'm sure you can use euros

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Support me build a plane to advertise DVC: 1Mdu9MbAEsUm81NzEPQR7GCkUxbG39pWMy
BigMac
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:34:46 AM

Localbitcoins requires SMS verification and I can only buy there 0.5 bitcoins anyways. I want 1.5

You don't need to do lengthy ID verification process for btc-e. Have you tried it?
You could also find trades here on bitcointalk https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=53.0, but don't forget to use escrow.

BigMac
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:46:41 AM

bittylicious sells 1 bitcoin for 508€ which is almost 40€ more than actual rate.

There is no "actual rate". Different exchanges offer different services and charges different fees, and so they have different rate.
Localbitcoins and bittylicious generally have a higher rate, as you can buy bitcoin easier and faster (no lengthy ID verification).
Bitstamp has a higher rate than btc-e, while btc-e takes a higher fee on wire transfer deposits.

byt411

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:33:48 PM

no you dont really need SMS for local bitcoins but all sellers require it. And anxpro require proof of address exactly like bitstamp

Yes, but BitStamp will also suddenly require a lot of other documents "to comply with AML/KYC requirements". Your funds also get frozen.
I assure you that ANXPRO doesn't do this. Also, all exchanges require your address, if they don't, you should run away.
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:25:33 PM

What you should do is buy a few Moneypaks or vanilla reload or whatever other form of electronic money is available over there. Then trade that in the marketplace for a near-market price of bitcoin. If you can get items/cards that people want, you'll get a more fair exchange.

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
Salmon1989

Activity: 603

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 08:03:57 AM

What you should do is buy a few Moneypaks or vanilla reload or whatever other form of electronic money is available over there. Then trade that in the marketplace for a near-market price of bitcoin. If you can get items/cards that people want, you'll get a more fair exchange.

Just a friendly reminder, you should use escrow whenever possible. Smiley

NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1289

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 08:09:18 AM

Since it's not yet mentioned here. Kraken ( https://kraken.com/ ) is a very good exchange for Europeans with SEPA transfers. Generally cheaper than BitStamp if you include the euro>dollar exchange rate. BitStamp works fine for me too though.

P2P trades are great but if you are not experienced with it, I think you should stick to official exchanges. Also moneypak is USA only and EU doesn't have that many "electric money" things as far as I know. So you probably end up doing a SEPA anyway (so better use safe/cheaper exchange.)

Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:20:11 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2014, 02:30:51 PM by Newar

http://bitcoin-otc.com/

and

Mycelium app - Local trader feature

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mycelium.wallet

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Zyborg

Merit: 256

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:07:10 PM

Check localbitcoins. Smiley
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:35:33 AM

heaps of places to buy, amsuing you have the right currency/formamt or what ever it is referred to.
in australia we have some cash over the  couter and you get bitcoins an hour or two later. you do pay a hefty fee for thevice though.

try #bitcoin on irc.freenode.org. What out for scammers thougj, they are in the forums and on irc Sad basically just always use trusted escorw heh.

Peter882

Activity: 543

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:39:59 PM

Check localbitcoins. Smiley

Localbitcoins is great, but you need to be careful of scams and even thefts in face-to-face trades.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641160.0

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: