Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:06:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investment advice?  (Read 5240 times)
umair127 (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:32:54 PM

I have some savings -about 50k usd- and so far I've been thinking about mutual funds and Forex and Bitcoin
Any advice/recommendations/ideas? Does anyone here do investments?

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3261

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:10:17 PM

I have some savings -about 50k usd- and so far I've been thinking about mutual funds and Forex and Bitcoin

My advice is to refrain from asking random anonymous people for advice on how to invest your money.

Your situation is unique and nobody can give you good advice without knowing your situation.

Here is some generic advice:
1. Only invest in things you understand.
2. Start investing with simple low risk investments (e.g. savings account and CDs), then as your wealth grows add more complex and risky investments.
3. Avoid forex and day-trading. You will lose money.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:15:30 PM

I would look at index funds over mutual funds. And don't forget about real estate. Next year there will be more gold, more bitcoins, but less land.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:15:49 PM

Well if you asked I would like to share my opinion!
But you can do as you see fit!

1. Buy some BTC(for the long run 5 years or more)
2. Put some money in Forex trading but always take out the profit! For example if you put 10.000$ in a Forex account then when you reach 15.000 cash out. 5.000 and trade some more! Never get greedy when you are trading!
3. Buy some gold/silver/etc
4. Buy some art from a really young and promising artist!

This is what I would do with 50.000... in face only with 40.000 because I would use 10.000 to go to Ibiza Smiley

Space for rent if its still trending
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:34:09 PM

80% BTC 20% NXT

Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:37:17 PM

I'd do half in bitcoin.
DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:42:02 PM

If it's your spare money that you don't need to use in near future then invest into bitcoin for atleast year.
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 09:03:07 AM

How about investing in Gold? I personally find Investment in Gold has the most rewarding and lucrative offer. Prices are regularized across the globe, they are never excess fluctuations, and most importantly, it is very easy to liquidate it...

umair127 (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:08:26 AM

How about investing in Gold? I personally find Investment in Gold has the most rewarding and lucrative offer. Prices are regularized across the globe, they are never excess fluctuations, and most importantly, it is very easy to liquidate it...
You are right! However, the price of gold has been on a downward spiral lately. I think it is more worthwhile as a long term investment? Do you have any personal experience in gold?

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:12:03 AM

Please don't invest in  real estates.. Somehow, I feel the sector very very risky.. It is just meant for extra rich people who have scores on money in hand who can hold properties for a long period of time... I guess Forex would be a good bet than mutual funds..

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:16:58 AM

Please don't invest in  real estates.. Somehow, I feel the sector very very risky.. It is just meant for extra rich people who have scores on money in hand who can hold properties for a long period of time... I guess Forex would be a good bet than mutual funds..
On the contrary, property sector is a good, profitable and low risk investment. Think about it this way, you can lose a lot of money in Forex or the stock markets but your property will always be there.
And you can also rent it out for extra income while making a profit selling it a few years down the road!

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Pierre11

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:21:22 AM

I advise you the caution.

It is always necessary to pay attention; the capital which promise returns widely above the market is often swindles.
zolace

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 11:20:49 AM

I'd do half in bitcoin.
This is one of my options!

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
noviapriani

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 11:26:30 AM

Forex is definitely very risky.. but tell me guys, where doesn't the risk lies today... Moreover, if you take every step so cautiously.. you will also make profits in small amounts only.. In order, to gain loads, you have take risks..

umair127 (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 11:28:47 AM

I see that a lot of people are recommending gold investments. So how shall I go about it? Should I buy gold through an online broker? Or someone locally?Will it be faster if I choose to invest online rather than having to go through a bank broker?  And will it save me middlemen fees?

noviapriani

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:03:26 PM

You may opt to buy gold from your bank but let me tell you that all banks do not deal in gold bars, there are only few which will deal in Gold..
Moreover, you may think that you're saving on middlemen fees, but ultimately, it is going to expensive for you..
Banks have the gold packed neatly and then they add a certificate assuring the purity of the gold..
All these processes definitely are attractive and give you assurance that you are buying right..but then, the cost of these things is actually coming out from your pocket only.. Bank is not going to bear these charges..
I would suggest look for a credible jeweler..

sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:22:16 PM

I see that a lot of people are recommending gold investments. So how shall I go about it? Should I buy gold through an online broker? Or someone locally?Will it be faster if I choose to invest online rather than having to go through a bank broker?  And will it save me middlemen fees?
Firstly, you need to choose the form of gold you would like to invest in..
Physical gold, which is nothing but jewelry,
Gold bar and coins
ETF
Gold futures
Gold Mutual funds..

And yes, you can go through bank broker...

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:33:35 PM

Just buy bitcoins with 50% of your savings and a 30% in gold, then hold them long term, the value can only go up.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:35:49 PM

A lot of people are investing in real estates in Bulgaria on the Sea or in the mountains resorts. Right now the price is very low and will go up in 2 years like two times. Real Estate investment here is very secure and you will also have the most beautiful place in the world. If you like you can PM and i can send you some offers from real estate companies.
BR
zolace

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:36:06 PM

There is a risk involved in all ventures today whether it be business, forex or gold.. But then in your personal business, you get to control things.. I mean you are the one who can fix things as you feel right at your end.. However, in case of forex, other factors rule the play..

Actually, there is nothing which is risk free....You need to make your choice and head with it..

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: