Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:38:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investment advice?  (Read 5239 times)
sana8410

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:42:07 PM

What about fix deposit or term deposit?
Some say that it is for the one who wants to play safe,at least it gives you fixed amount of profit without any risk.
Actually fixed deposits are not a very good method of investing.
This is because of a process called inflation which happens to the currency every country in the world everyday. Inflation is the rate where a currency loses its value as prices of goods rises. For example, if you needed to spend 100$ on food in 2012, but you have to spend 105$ on the exact same selection of food in 2013, that means prices have rose 5%, which is the rate of inflation because your money will you buy you 5% less of what it bought you last year.
More often than not, the rate of return fixed deposits offer you is LOWER than the rate of inflation. So you are either losing money, or if the rate of inflation happens to be low, you'll only be earning 1% to 1.5% a year at most.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:37:34 PM

Some say that it is for the one who wants to play safe,at least it gives you fixed amount of profit without any risk.

I don't think you're getting a much of a straight answer and the reason is that right now is one of the most dangerous times to invest (or simply hold cash -- that's an investment in your fiat currency) that I've seen in many years.   QE or your local equivalent has created a situation called biflation. 

Basically here's the view:

1. Stocks are hitting record highs, not because actual profitability is up but because QE dollars need somewhere to go.  It could turn around very quickly.

2. Any money market, CD or term deposit will be a net LOSS when adjusted for true inflation.

3. Any safe bond has the same issue as 2.

4. The smart $ already bought gold and other PMs -- the price

5. Land might be a good idea but it always has had its own issues, like illiquidity (might take you 2+ years to sell it).

6. Bitcoin is of course very volatile and still in Beta.

7. Altcoin investments is frankly gambling...

Basically, its a bad time to invest because systemic issues with the economy and financial system are causing large waves of money to flow around.  These waves make it very difficult to see water levels ( the true value of a product).

I think that the best thing to do in times of uncertainty is to diversify... own a little bit of a lot of unrelated stuff.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:40:12 PM

Buy 10 SP30 miners. When you make your first 25k then put them back into your pocket, next 25k reinvest into mining. I would advise you to exchange BTC only when new and better mining equipment comes out or when BTC reaches at least 1000$.

nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:07:23 AM

I don't think you're getting a much of a straight answer and the reason is that right now is one of the most dangerous times to invest (or simply hold cash -- that's an investment in your fiat currency) that I've seen in many years.   QE or your local equivalent has created a situation called biflation. 

1. Stocks are hitting record highs, not because actual profitability is up but because QE dollars need somewhere to go.  It could turn around very quickly.

2. Any money market, CD or term deposit will be a net LOSS when adjusted for true inflation.

5. Land might be a good idea but it always has had its own issues, like illiquidity (might take you 2+ years to sell it).

Basically, its a bad time to invest because systemic issues with the economy and financial system are causing large waves of money to flow around.  These waves make it very difficult to see water levels ( the true value of a product).

I think that the best thing to do in times of uncertainty is to diversify... own a little bit of a lot of unrelated stuff.

This particularly true (at least here in the states).  Friend of mine just had one heck of a time trying to sell a nice little piece of land with a little house on it in the midwest as recently as a month and a half ago.  They may say the market is picking up and the economy is improving, but reality paints a much different picture.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
fdiini

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:54:17 PM

This particularly true (at least here in the states).  Friend of mine just had one heck of a time trying to sell a nice little piece of land with a little house on it in the midwest as recently as a month and a half ago.  They may say the market is picking up and the economy is improving, but reality paints a much different picture.

Housing market is still very weak. A friend of mine sold a house for half the price at peaked of housing market recently.

umair127 (OP)

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:28:36 AM

Buy 10 SP30 miners. When you make your first 25k then put them back into your pocket, next 25k reinvest into mining. I would advise you to exchange BTC only when new and better mining equipment comes out or when BTC reaches at least 1000$.
I was thinking about mining too,since bitcoinis on the wave ,better to mine it than buy it.But what about the electricity consume and the space?I have an small apartment ,so not to much free space,plus i am thinking that i need an extra AC too?

okthen

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:23:06 PM

Housing market is still very weak. A friend of mine sold a house for half the price at peaked of housing market recently.

I have a friend in real estate who says now is the time to buy (specially houses, not so much land). It's expected that 2015 will present raising prices.
Gianluca95
Legendary

Merit: 1196

Reputation first.

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:31:22 PM

Invest the 10% of your capital in Bitcoin, deposit it in a paper wallet and then close it into a strongbox Cheesy

█████████████████████████████
███▀█████████████████████▀███
███  ▀▀███████████████▀▀  ███
███     ████▀▀ ▀▀████     ███
███     ██▀       ▀██     ███
███     ██         ██     ███
███     ██▄       ▄██     ███
███     ████▄▄ ▄▄████     ███
███  ▄▄███████████████▄▄  ███
███▄█████████████████████▄███
.Mixin Safe.

▄███████▄     
██▀   ▀██
             ▄███████▄
██▄   ▄██             ██▀   ▀██
▀███████▀             ██▄   ▄██
   ███     ▄███████▄  ▀███████▀
   ███▀▀   ██▀   ▀██     ███
   █████   ██▄   ▄██     ███▀▀
   ▀▀▀     ▀███████▀     █████
              ███        ▀▀▀
              ███▀▀
              █████
              ▀▀▀
2/3 Multisig Decentralized
Bitcoin Custody Solutions
💎
💪
🔓
CONFIDENT
RELIABLE
RECOVERABLE
..GET STARTED..
ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:49:41 PM

If i had serious money to invest, i'd split it around to BTC, Gold, Silver and probably something else that is not forex / stock related.

unpure

Activity: 169

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:14:25 PM

For really long term, real estate is probably the best investment out there.
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:32:44 PM

Real estate investing may be the right choice and do not forget to invest in shares and deposits   Cheesy

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
ShakyhandsBTCer

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:35:02 PM

For really long term, real estate is probably the best investment out there.

Your statement is probably correct, however in the context of it being correct the term "really long term" would probably be longer then the OP's time frame that he is looking to invest.

Real estate has traditionally gone up over time (when looked at nationally) although our most recent recession proved that to not always be the case. Prices in some of the hardest hit "bubble" areas (Much of FL and NV) will probably not recover to their pre-recession highs for many decades. If you were investing in a pension fund for example (whose time horizon is essentially "forever") then real estate is probably a good investment as long as it is not too concentrated. The OPs time frame is probably not more then 50 years (assuming the OP is 20 years old and wishes to retire at age 70) and real estate may or may not be higher then.
Ashbite

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:47:38 PM

I think real estate is the best u can invest in, and the safest in my opinion. There a tons of options on what to do with ur money, Go for the safest play and dont risk anything.
nwfella
Legendary

Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:15:48 PM

I was thinking about mining too,since bitcoinis on the wave ,better to mine it than buy it.But what about the electricity consume and the space?I have an small apartment ,so not to much free space,plus i am thinking that i need an extra AC too?
Mining is great fun and highly addictive.  However, if profit is your motive you'll definitely want to look into investing into anything but mining.  Hardware value depreciation in the asic and scrypt asic markets are absolutely insane right now (and have been since I started mining).  Factor into this how quickly difficulty is increasing, a small apartment with limited electricity supply and you have yourself a recipe for disappointment. 

Also, odds are you won't really be able to host any kind of serious mining equipment on a typical apartments wiring.  If your space, electricity, and cooling are limited, consider cloud mining instead.  Although you'll run into the same issue(s) of depreciation of whatever you buy soon enough.  Hope this helps.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Bogleg

Activity: 185

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:55:06 PM

Many posters here already mention real estate.

Rent it out to increase your yield as well as the capital gain from appreciation.
ShakyhandsBTCer

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:22:54 AM

Mining is great fun and highly addictive.  However, if profit is your motive you'll definitely want to look into investing into anything but mining.  Hardware value depreciation in the asic and scrypt asic markets are absolutely insane right now (and have been since I started mining).  Factor into this how quickly difficulty is increasing, a small apartment with limited electricity supply and you have yourself a recipe for disappointment. 

Also, odds are you won't really be able to host any kind of serious mining equipment on a typical apartments wiring.  If your space, electricity, and cooling are limited, consider cloud mining instead.  Although you'll run into the same issue(s) of depreciation of whatever you buy soon enough.  Hope this helps.

It may still be early enough so that ASIC scrypt mining would still be profitable.
Harley997

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:29:36 AM

Many posters here already mention real estate.

Rent it out to increase your yield as well as the capital gain from appreciation.

There is no guarantee that you will either be able to rent your property that is above your expenses, or at all. Nor is there a guarantee that your specific house/real estate investment will appreciate.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
pastet89

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 08:55:17 AM

I have some savings -about 50k usd- and so far I've been thinking about mutual funds and Forex and Bitcoin
Any advice/recommendations/ideas? Does anyone here do investments?

My advice is to refrain from asking random anonymous people for advice on how to invest your money.

Your situation is unique and nobody can give you good advice without knowing your situation.

Here is some generic advice:
1. Only invest in things you understand.
2. Start investing with simple low risk investments (e.g. savings account and CDs), then as your wealth grows add more complex and risky investments.
3. Avoid forex and day-trading. You will lose money.

+ 1

Cryptostats.es
gelar24

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:52:06 AM

i like invest, and always invest, but if big invest big risk got scammer -___-
Gianluca95
Legendary

Merit: 1196

Reputation first.

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:15:18 AM

With 20% of your capital, buy some bitcoin, then insert it in a paper wallet Smiley

When price will rise up, sell it Smiley

███▀█████████████████████▀███
███  ▀▀███████████████▀▀  ███
███     ████▀▀ ▀▀████     ███
███     ██▀       ▀██     ███
███     ██         ██     ███
███     ██▄       ▄██     ███
███     ████▄▄ ▄▄████     ███
███  ▄▄███████████████▄▄  ███
███▄█████████████████████▄███