Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:55:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FAST AUCTION BITMINE COINCRAFT DESKS  (Read 4026 times)
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:33:33 PM

fhh, wait for cryptx to confirm but I belive you are right. 3x Me @ 1.7, 1x You @ 1.6, 1x allinvain @ 1.6

cryptx (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:25:25 PM

THese are the winners of the auction:

3@1.7 Tigggger
1@1.6 allinvain
1@1.6 fhh

We will contact you with the details

Congrats!
Tigggger
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:48:33 PM

Details sent

PS got a PM from a user pretending to be you. Reported to mods

Hi,

Thanks for your bid in my auction for 3XCointerra Terraminer ASIC's -

<snipped>

Nice try, would have been more convincing if you got the subject right as they weren't terraminers.

Good god you scammers are getting thicker.

spartan82

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 04:29:05 AM

Details sent

PS got a PM from a user pretending to be you. Reported to mods

Hi,

Thanks for your bid in my auction for 3XCointerra Terraminer ASIC's -

<snipped>

Nice try, would have been more convincing if you got the subject right as they weren't terraminers.

Good god you scammers are getting thicker.

Wow these scammers are going thru all sorts of trouble for a quick buck, that's ridiculous
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 02:59:12 PM

Have any of these shipped....I've yet to hear from cryptx with tracking info.

Tigggger
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:04:29 PM

Mine have shipped so I presume yours have as well.

1 of the 3 arrived today, the other 2 have only got as far as france, stupid fed-ex.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 03:45:17 PM

Mine have shipped so I presume yours have as well.

1 of the 3 arrived today, the other 2 have only got as far as france, stupid fed-ex.

Ah ok, so likely mine has shipped but I just don't have a tracking number. Maybe I'll have a surprise at my doorstep sometime this week.

Public service annnoucement: make sure you open the miner and check for shipping damage. 2 of the miners I bought previously from cryptx arrived with all the secondary heatsinks detached and rattling in the case. Also one capacitor is missing from one of the blades. Hope you all have some thermal adhesive handy to reattach the heatsinks.

Tigggger
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:53:53 PM

Rattling secondary heatsinks.... Check

No idea where they go and machine is in an air conditioned server room with good temps so not too fussed atm

Biggest problem was only 1 of the blades was working.  Backplane was a bit loose so pushed it down tighter, 0 blades working Sad

Removed the backplane completely and most of the pins were bent, took ages to straighten them all up, but once done it's running fine now

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 10:11:59 PM

Rattling secondary heatsinks.... Check

No idea where they go and machine is in an air conditioned server room with good temps so not too fussed atm

Biggest problem was only 1 of the blades was working.  Backplane was a bit loose so pushed it down tighter, 0 blades working Sad

Removed the backplane completely and most of the pins were bent, took ages to straighten them all up, but once done it's running fine now

I think cryptx needs to use a thicker box with more foam padding. FedEx is not too kind to heavy boxes.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 04:43:06 AM

lol, another public service announcement. If your unit comes with a Silverstone 1200 watt PSU please remove it from the case and mount it externally. It cannot stand operating inside the case - hotbox. It will overheat and shutdown. I had this happen to be a few hours ago. The other PSU I have is some sparkle power one and it seems to be surviving operating inside the case, but I for one will be moving it outside the case just to be safe - hopefully the PSU's cables are long enough.

Those of you more enterprising would want to drill a 120mm hole where the PSU sits and reverse the PSU so it's intake fan is facing the hole - ie do what the designer of this miner should've done in the first place.

yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:14:11 AM

lol, another public service announcement. If your unit comes with a Silverstone 1200 watt PSU please remove it from the case and mount it externally. It cannot stand operating inside the case - hotbox. It will overheat and shutdown. I had this happen to be a few hours ago. The other PSU I have is some sparkle power one and it seems to be surviving operating inside the case, but I for one will be moving it outside the case just to be safe - hopefully the PSU's cables are long enough.

Those of you more enterprising would want to drill a 120mm hole where the PSU sits and reverse the PSU so it's intake fan is facing the hole - ie do what the designer of this miner should've done in the first place.

thx for the info ! my miner also arrived with the pins bent on the backplane , little rattling on the hashing boards but they did were attached, just some loosen screws on the bottom. the display ribbon cable 1 of the wire was broken, attached it back but only a red background lcd display showing blanks. besides that it is working fine with FW 1907. I got the 1200W SF plat psu.
railzand

Activity: 462

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:42:22 AM

bought 2 from the week before's auction. poorly packaged. bashed up by fedex. cryptx not bothered. similar power supply issues.

braindead

Activity: 452

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:48:40 AM

I bought 2 units from him only 1 arrived, i´m requesting refund for 3 days and no answer from him
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 05:30:07 AM

bought 2 from the week before's auction. poorly packaged. bashed up by fedex. cryptx not bothered. similar power supply issues.

Hmm, indeed the packaging job could've been better. Out of 5 that I bought from him which were shipped 2 were totally destroyed. I'm waiting for another unit which I bought from a separate auction. I hope that one arrives in one piece.

I'm also hoping cryptx would either refund me or replace the damaged units. We shall see. He must be a busy man as it usually takes a while to get a response to PMs.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 05:32:51 AM

Hopefully you got lucky and got at least one unit with one of those Super Flower 1200 Platinum PSUs, but I would still recommend taking out the PSU from the case.

Tigggger
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:23:25 AM

Well Fed-Ex finally delivered the last of the 3 miners (1 per day over 3 days).

Although the packaging is intact and it's the only that had no heatsinks loose, 2 of the blades have broken connectors, one is completely missing and the other has the top row disconnected, so currently only working with 3 blades. Sad

I have PM'd cryptx with several options to hopefully rectify this issue

fhh
Legendary

Activity: 1206

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:06:08 PM

fu.. fedex!
my coindesk also arrived in a very bad condition!
the plug of the power cord was smashed. Still have to look inside the miner...

Deutsche Bitcoinbörse: https://www.bitcoin.de/r/yyfrkv
das passende Konto gibts bei der fidor Bank https://banking.fidor.de/registrierung?ibid=43076568
fhh
Legendary

Activity: 1206

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:47:59 PM

also one of the modules seam to be cracked out of the board, it was tumbling inside the case Sad
will have to dismantle the miner to get into the details...

Deutsche Bitcoinbörse: https://www.bitcoin.de/r/yyfrkv
das passende Konto gibts bei der fidor Bank https://banking.fidor.de/registrierung?ibid=43076568
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 03:58:52 AM

What is the hell! How could the damn power cable be so badly mangled?! Were these shipped through the gates of hell or something?

nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:35:17 AM

What is the hell! How could the damn power cable be so badly mangled?! Were these shipped through the gates of hell or something?

No kidding.  Really don't see how rough shipping alone could've caused that kind of damage.  Hope you guys are able to get something worked out with cryptx soon.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: