Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 10:59:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: USA is getting adversely affected by Immigrants  (Read 13234 times)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:57:19 PM

The current high rate of immigration into the United States of America has adverse environmental impacts upon America, and upon the world as a whole. As an example consider the impact of a typical family of seven, immigrating from a country where their owning a car was highly unlikely. When they come to America they are likely to acquire cars (0.76 cars per family member). For every mile they drive, they pollute and deplete resources that could have been relatively unaffected had they continued their prior lifestyle. The act of border crossing enables them to make lifestyle changes that adversely affect the environment; by becoming Americans they adopt the consumption and pollution patterns of the world's most environmentally destructive lifestyle.

This is a wrong argument. The American citizens should reduce their environmental impact first. The United States comes first in per capita Carbon-di-oxide emission (measured at around 17 tons per year). Don't they have the responsibility to rehabilitate the people from Tuvalu and Nauru, who have become homeless as a result of global warming?
sana8410

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:16:31 PM

Recent U.S. immigration policies were created with little consideration for their adverse impact upon America. Certainly, there was no consideration for their environmental consequences. They were designed to produce cheap labor, expanded markets, increased church membership, and warm feelings in the hearts of a few Political Action Committees and foundations. They were NOT designed to promote the well-being of America or of the world. In the future, we must change course if we are to stop the decline in our standard of living and the increase in our impact upon the global environment.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:11:50 PM

The USA is a nation of immigrants. Even immigrants in the USA complain about immigrants. It just seems to be what they do. People here in the UK say they want to leave because there are too many immigrants, and by leaving, they become immigrants. It seems that every immigrant wants to be the last immigrant.

GangkisKhan

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:04:24 PM

Having young and hungry people that arrive in your country to work hard, do unpleasant jobs to feed their family create wealth and confort for both the immigrants and the natives

This is true if the young and hungry create value and not leeching off the government or join an organized crime syndicate.
scribbles

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:15:59 PM

While I am completely against illegal immigration, and believe immigration control should be enforced...

Loads and loads of people from across the globe are immigrating to America for different purposes.. Their aims and purposes are getting fulfilled but America is actually getting destroyed..
Some adverse affects are as below :
- Americans are losing their job

[sarcasm] You mean like the farm jobs and janitorial jobs that everyone wants but can't get? You're right, I just can't get a job cleaning toilets and I'm angry at immigrants for taking that away from me! [/sarcasm] If you're speaking of highly skilled professionals arriving on work visas, they are an insignificantly small percentage of overall immigration.

- There has been an increase in crime, pollution and traffic congestion

Factually incorrect on crime. Crime has decreased in the past 10 years, here are the stats to prove it: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/violent-crime/violent-crime

As for pollution and traffic congestion, where is your evidence that immigration is even a correlation, much less a cause?

- Erosion of culture

As others have said, I assume you are Native American, therefore this was almost completely accomplished 100 years ago.

- Over-utilization of resources such as electricity, gas, food, etc

Over utilization? I'm not aware of a shortage of any of these resources in the US and they all require payment for use.

- Loss in form of remittance

The amount of money sent overseas by immagrants is dwarfed by the US governments international aid sent abroad. Focus your attention on reducing foreign aid if you really care about the economic impact of this.

Overall, typical xenophobic drivel. I would much rather live in a world where people are free to move around the globe and offer their skills wherever they are desired (and paid in BTC of course  Wink )

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UTRUST▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:27:50 PM

Loads and loads of people from across the globe are immigrating to America for different purposes.. Their aims and purposes are getting fulfilled but America is actually getting destroyed..
- Erosion of culture

You are free to debate, confirm on\off any of the combinations above..

Immigrants, legal immigrants are who built the USA or any country. Illegal immigration coming just for using  and abusing any societies social network, not just in the US, is what will doom a country eventually.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2014/06/19/Media-Gets-Disappointing-Look-at-TX-and-AZ-Immigrant-Detention-Centers

http://www.wnd.com/2014/06/deadly-diseases-crossing-border-with-illegals/

http://www.businessinsider.com/immigration-border-crisis-photos-2014-6

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:29:59 PM

Recent U.S. immigration policies were created with little consideration for their adverse impact upon America. Certainly, there was no consideration for their environmental consequences. They were designed to produce cheap labor, expanded markets, increased church membership, and warm feelings in the hearts of a few Political Action Committees and foundations. They were NOT designed to promote the well-being of America or of the world. In the future, we must change course if we are to stop the decline in our standard of living and the increase in our impact upon the global environment.

"Recent U.S. immigration policies were created"... Created by whom?

SunBin

Activity: 151

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:06:01 AM

Disturbing photo up there.

Their own country is so bad that they need to be risk their life to come here?
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:23:53 AM

I blame the welfare state (wrought by selfishness and political pandering) and erosion of a free market, otherwise immigrants would add value. America is destroying herself. Sorry if I don't go more in-depth on substantiating this opinion.

Can you elaborate on what you mean though by 'erosion of culture'? Culture is a dynamic idea.

This.

Immigrant in the early days (18th to early 20th century) add value to the country. And they don't breed like rabbits.

Personal responsibility and saving were encouraged.

Not so any longer. Seen people abuse the marriage system, family relation to get their entire family into US. They take more than they give because of subsidy and freebie. And they abuse the credit system and commit tax fraud with no consequence.

Generalization is so  easy and relaxing Smiley

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:34:06 AM

I blame the welfare state (wrought by selfishness and political pandering) and erosion of a free market, otherwise immigrants would add value. America is destroying herself. Sorry if I don't go more in-depth on substantiating this opinion.

Can you elaborate on what you mean though by 'erosion of culture'? Culture is a dynamic idea.

This.

Immigrant in the early days (18th to early 20th century) add value to the country. And they don't breed like rabbits.

Not so any longer. Seen people abuse the marriage system, family relation to get their entire family into US. They take more than they give because of subsidy and freebie. And they abuse the credit system and commit tax fraud with no consequence.

Generalization is so  easy and relaxing Smiley

yeah i know right? it's so convenient to be ignorant. long ago, people bred like crazy because.. well, there probably wasn't much to do, especially at night, so you end up fucking and making more kids. illegal immigration is a problem, sure, but it's not THE problem... unless you are just a xenophobe.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:52:23 AM

This.

yeah i know right? it's so convenient to be ignorant. long ago, people bred like crazy because.. well, there probably wasn't much to do, especially at night, so you end up fucking and making more kids. illegal immigration is a problem, sure, but it's not THE problem... unless you are just a xenophobe.

SunBin

Activity: 151

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:56:28 PM

This.

You should visit other countries and see how you will be treated see if they extend the same courtesy as you have shown them.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:22:19 PM

This is totally true. It's been downhill since 1492.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Nathonas

Activity: 280

Knowledge is Power

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 05:45:47 PM

- Erosion of culture

You are free to debate, confirm on\off any of the combinations above..

I don't agree with most of these. I'm Canadian and we have a lot of immigrants (more than you as a % actually) so I think it is fair to compare the two countries from my experience.

99% of the jobs taken by immigrants are low-paying entry level jobs. You should be thanking them for working in fast food and stores like Walmart. People in North America love their Mcdonalds and their Starbucks and their Walmarts and Targets and they are staffed primarily with immigrants.

Well first of all you don't provide any stats for increases in these things. But more importantly, how can you link these directly to immigrants?

- Erosion of culture

Erosion of MAINSTREAM culture. But is that necessarily a bad thing? Canada is multicultural and people here have the freedom to live in large ethnic enclaves. I may not like their culture and their decision to stay traditional, but I think it is nice that they have the right and freedom to do so without being discriminated against.

Have there been shortages or huge price increases? The only thing I can think of is oil. But that has nothing to do with immigrants, oil is getting scarcer everywhere in the world.

How about all the losses when the people at the top of the banking/business system siphon all the wealth and prevent it from moving back downwards? I think that is a far bigger issue...

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:41:36 PM

Hundreds of Toddlers Said to Be Taken Into Custody at the Border

Hundreds of infants and toddlers ages 2 years or younger have allegedly been apprehended by U.S. Border Patrol while crossing the border illegally without a parent or guardian in the past year.

From October 1, 2013 to June 11, Border Patrol detained 378 unaccompanied children ages two or younger, according to data obtained by Fusion from the office of a high-ranking Democratic senator. Of those children, 95 were infants under 1 year old.

Fusion tried multiple times by phone and in writing to confirm the reports with U.S. Customs and Border Protection and the Department of Homeland Security, but no official would comment specifically, and instead referred to a previous statement. The Department of Health and Human Services, charged with the care of unaccompanied minors caught at the border, did not respond to a request for comment.

Omar Zamora, a spokesperson for the Border Patrol’s Rio Grande Valley sector, limited his comment to: “We are receiving children of all ages.”

http://fusion.net/leadership/story/hundreds-toddlers-custody-border-796786

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
How can toddlers cross the Chihuahuan Desert without a parent or a gardian?

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:33:33 AM

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/immigration/2014/06/20/migrants-amassing-rio-grandes-edge/11033707/

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:15:27 AM

Illegal immigrant children forced to CUT OFF fingers and ears of other kids by 'coyote' gangs, claims Ted Cruz

Human traffickers are forcing illegal immigrant children to cut off the ears and fingers of other kids traveling into the U.S. in order to extort money from their families, a Texas senator claimed on Monday.

Lashing out at President Barack Obama for a 2012 policy shift that he said encourages Central American parents to send their children northward, Sen. Ted Cruz said the children are being placed in ‘unspeakable’ peril when the traffickers,known as ‘coyotes,’ take over.

‘We just heard stories of little boys and little girls, forced by these drug dealers to cut off the fingers or cut off the ears of other little boys and little girls, in order to extort money from their families,’ Cruz said after he toured the temporary holding facility for ‘unaccompanied alien children’ at Lackland Air Force Base along with Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott and Rep. Michael Burgess.

‘And these children are told, “If you don’t cut off the fingers or ears of another child, you’ll be shot”.’

Cruz was relating accounts he heard from officials at the Lackland facility in San Antonio, according to a spokesperson in his office.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2666310/Illegal-immigrant-children-forced-CUT-OFF-fingers-ears-kids-coyote-gangs-claims-Ted-Cruz.html

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:18:21 AM

House Dems Introduce Bill To Give Every Illegal Immigrant Minor Flooding Over Border A Taxpayer-Funded Lawyer…

Democratic U.S. lawmakers announced legislation on Monday that would provide lawyers for thousands of undocumented minors streaming across the border into the United States, saying forcing children to face deportation proceedings alone goes against fundamental American values.

“It is a fantasy to believe that they have a fair shot in immigration proceedings without counsel,” New York U.S. Representative Hakeem Jeffries told a news conference.

Jeffries and the other House of Representatives Democrats introducing the bill said as many as 40 to 50 percent of the undocumented children would have legitimate claims to remain in the United States under current law, citing studies by the United Nations and other agencies.

They also said their bill could save some $2 billion a year because timely immigration proceedings would eliminate the need to house thousands of children for months at a time.

From October to June 15, 52,000 unaccompanied children arrived on the U.S. border with Mexico, according to the Obama administration. Most are fleeing gang and drug violence in Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador.

A similar provision to provide legal counsel for children and mentally impaired immigrants was included in a comprehensive immigration bill that passed the Democratic-controlled U.S. Senate last year. But the measure has stalled in the House, where Republicans hold a majority of seats.

There was no immediate indication that the new bill would make any more progress, given deep partisan divisions on the immigration issue in the United States.

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2014/06/23/us/politics/23reuters-usa-immigration-children.html?_r=1

------------------------------------------------------------------
52,000 (and counting) illegal immigrant minors apprehended...

Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 04:40:26 AM

The problem with the US is that they are getting too few high-skilled immigrants and they are getting too many of those illiterate and illegal immigrants.

For any person who is working in white-collar fields such as IT, Banking or Medicine, the American Work Visa is extremely difficult to get. The Democrats have made it extremely difficult for Europeans to get the US visa.

Wow.  I actually agree with you. 

The Mexican illegals on the other hand have no such problems. They are being able to travel to and fro as they wish, and work without paying a penny in taxes. They even have sanctuary cities, which protect them.

Mexican illegals actually do pay taxes.  They often work under other peoples SSN, paying the tax but unable to collect the benefits.  They also pay sales taxes and since they are usually poor, it is usually on most of the items they buy.   They DO get some other benefits such as education and free hospital care (because they often do not pay for it even if it is billed). 

On the balance, most studies show they do not cost more then they provide as they are unable to get many benefits from their taxes.  They for example cannot get Social Security and unemployment insurance payments even though they generally pay into these. 

Since they provide low cost labor to the service industries and farming that other Americans SIMPLY WILL NOT DO they do provide a service.  In the case of farming they provide a significant amount of food security to the USA.  On the eastern shore of Maryland we have farmers unable to fill picking jobs even at $10+ an hour, properly advertised so these workers are not yet taking ENOUGH jobs and certainly not from Americans.     Most of this farming and yard work is done my Mexicans.  After some high profile busts there were not enough workers and crops were left to ROT. 

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:55:48 PM

Homeland Security Seeks Thousands Of Pairs Of Underwear For Detained Immigrants

El Paso, Texas (CBS HOUSTON) – The Department of Homeland Security is looking to fulfill an order for thousands of pairs of men’s underwear – with hundreds of the requested men’s briefs in the 5X and 6X-large sizes.
A solicitation posted earlier this month by the Immigration & Customs Enforcement office seeks thousands of “White 100% Cotton Men’s Briefs” ranging from mediums to hundreds of 6X-large pairs of the underwear.
ICE facilities have seen a recent influx of detained immigrants awaiting deportation, during which time, the detention facilities require such basic items for the detained aliens, Breitbart reported. The ICE orders for the underwear are not unusual for the immigration detention facilities, according to ICE officials.
“This [request for quote] is a normal solicitation for routinely procured items needed at ICE-owned detention facilities around the country,” an ICE spokesperson explained to Breitbart News on Monday. “At ICE-owned detention facilities, the agency is required to provide basic necessities in order to feed and clothe detained aliens.”
The solicitation placed through Federal Business Opportunities cites that the large order – and large underwear – are bound for El Paso, Texas.
But such clothing orders may likely be needed in similar alien detention facilities across the southwestern U.S.
Earlier this month, more than 1,000 unaccompanied Central American children crowded into a Border Patrol facility in Nogales, Ariz. The flood of Central American minors has increased dramatically since last year, sparking what President Barack Obama called an “urgent humanitarian situation” near southwestern U.S. borders.
According to Green Valley News, the children are given medical exams, background checks, food, clothing and showers in the period before they are deported. However, a Border Patrol spokesman said that the agency is not accepting clothing or toy donations because there is not enough staff to inspect the items for cleanliness or safety.
State Sen. Andrea Dalessandro, D-Sahuarita, said there is not enough space in the crowded holding facilities to handle donations of clothing.
DHS data on arrested unaccompanied minors shows that since Oct. 1, there have been 11,577 from Mexico, 13,282 from Honduras and 11,479 from Guatemala. There have been 9,850 from Salvador.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/06/24/homeland-security-seeks-thousands-of-pairs-of-underwear-for-detained-immigrants/

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: