Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:10:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 10/21 EMA has crossed! Weekly MACD set to cross up! Full Moon in 7 days!  (Read 6439 times)
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:23:57 PM

1w MACD just turned green? check.

Last gasp before a huge uptrend? check.

Flash crash that broke 23% fib level from ATH to bottom anyway? check as well.

I know... Silk Road crash. Can't possibly happen again. Once in a lifetime...

Bullshit. News matter, but price has a way to create its own news that matter.

Like I said, I don't expect it, but I wouldn't be shocked either if it happens.

Good points. Now that I think about it, every major bitcoin rally had some huge bad news selloff right before it.  Silkroad, pirate, something which happened before the rally to 32 which caused the dip to $0.8 Smiley Hmm (puts on Mat's conspiracy hat) - It's almost like bad news create a good enough entry point for a rally starter, who then sucks liquidity out of the market until it shoots up.

Or maybe people need to see that "really bad news" have only limited impact, and start buying, reassured.

i am satoshi

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MatTheCat (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:27:55 PM

forget common sense....tell us what your dreams say...

Not had a good lucid Bitcoin dream since the one where Bitcoin was trading at $190 for a split second, and the next moment I looked, Bitcoin was trading in the $700s (Bitcoin was around $440 when I had this dream) and I just spent the whole time in the dream being unable to accept the price action as genuine.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=581956.msg6642826#msg6642826

In the thread I analysed whether the dream could be indicative of a turn in the market that my bearish emotional bias (at that time) was just not willing to accept. This turned out to be bang on the money and when Bitcoin broke above long term trendline at $460, I was only ever cautious bull, exiting the market as early as $520 anticipating pullback, and then in and out the market like a Yo Yo. Had I just held my $460 until this very day, I would have taken some 200% more profit than what I ended up taking from the market.

I was long Bitcoin a few days ago at $670. I had a dream that Bitcoin crashed right to $621, but when I looked at the charts again, it was back up at $676. I exited my trade. A flash crash did indeed occur (and indeed to $621......the numbers in my dreams are never correct), and I was in and out several times, at a loss every single phucking time almost, only to watch the market creep right back up to my entry position. I am a shite trader, and I know it. For this reason I ask myself. In the medium term, do I think Bitcoin is going up or down? Since I think it will go more up than down from here, I have just taken my $660 position and am done with it.

In the off chance that you weren't just being sarky, it may be worth reporting that I am not getting any spooked out Bitcoin dreams at the moment like I was getting right through the bear market and actually just before the bear market. So even though common sense tells me that Bitcoin will most likely correct at least $70 from here, my subconscious mind is for the time being, not scared of Bitcoin.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 07:59:03 PM

I must admit, it concerns me to see so many bulls. On the one hand, most people can't be right. On the other hand, speculators set the price. Fact is that TA indicates a rally and it could happen once in the history of Bitcoin that most speculators anticipate the rally successfully before it begins. A funny twist would be that although there are bullish news all over the place and everyone expects the next big rise, the price remains the same for a longer period.

Right now the volume has been decreasing for the past days so a periodic breakout might occur during this weekend bringing us to 700. From the manipulators' point of view, it would be wise to hold the bubble back as long as possible and then suddenly buy the fuck in, causing panic all over the place. We might be experiencing such an effect right now.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
pinksheep

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:59:42 PM

Would love to hear everyone's predictions of when BTC will reach the vertical stage of the S-curve.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 08:22:26 PM

Would love to hear everyone's predictions of when BTC will reach the vertical stage of the S-curve.

October 8th

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 08:37:46 PM

I must admit, it concerns me to see so many bulls. On the one hand, most people can't be right.

Bingo. At the very least, I think we need to shake out some of the exuberance. We could make a .382 or .5 correction down and feel a lot of despair. And yet the formation would still look very bullish.

And it would put a lot of the bulls into doubt over their "bubble by next month" mentality. Then if the downside movement doesn't materialize, panic to the upside could then ensue...

Raystonn

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 08:39:06 PM

I've been trading stocks, options, futures, and futures options for many years now.  I still have an IRA trading the S&P 500 e-mini (ES).  The rest of my funds are all in with Bitcoin.  I'll say that Bitcoin trading is at least one magnitude easier than ES.  But it's catching up.  You folks would do well to just sit back and hold at this point.  Unless you have a massive computer system that can do high frequency trades with a verifiable edge, you will eventually give all your BTC away.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 08:39:55 PM

Either 1.5 years or never.

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:28:33 AM

And we have a SilkRoad crash... Again! Smiley SO the dip before the rally - check.

i am satoshi
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:36:40 AM

And we have a SilkRoad crash... Again! Smiley SO the dip before the rally - check.

It looks similar enough, but (on-exchange) volume doesn't fit. I personally believe we will see a local peak (that doesn't deserve the word "bubble" though) next month, but the overall theme will be one and a half step back for each two steps forward for a longer time still, imo.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:50:25 AM

It looks similar enough, but (on-exchange) volume doesn't fit. I personally believe we will see a local peak (that doesn't deserve the word "bubble" though) next month, but the overall theme will be one and a half step back for each two steps forward for a longer time still, imo.

SR crash coincided with the bottom of corrective wave 2. IF we are now in wave 1 (and not still in wave C), then we have first to reach the peak
of wave 1, around 750$ - 800$, then start corrective wave 2, which would take another 1 - 2 months to reach the bottom, so this IS NOT SR crash like.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:19:04 PM

The problem with this thread is that the fool moon in question was the Friday the 13th fool moon. Any other full moon would have been valid.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: