Poll
Question: Do you smoke
Yes - 36 (27.9%)
Occasionally - 13 (10.1%)
<5 a day - 4 (3.1%)
A pack a day - 16 (12.4%)
I'm a Chain Smoker - 4 (3.1%)
No I don't smoke - 51 (39.5%)
I don't smoke and can't stand peple who do - 5 (3.9%)
Total Voters: 117

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You smoke? tobacco/weed  (Read 17548 times)
zahra4571

Activity: 467
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 06:21:32 PM

How much tobacco/weed for your needs cost you per month?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
onlinepro

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:28:15 PM

Tobacco 0$
Weed max 25$

I don't use weed every month but I'm thinking I use max 300$ yearly so it is max 25$ monthly.

You asked question but you didn't tell your answer, why?

olliec420

Activity: 198
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:30:55 PM

weed yes tobacco no

used to smoke cigs, bad news, and its nasty
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:47:33 PM

$0 for me. Alcohol used to cost me around $100 per month before I quit drinking. Now I am free of all the bad habits. But it is another thing that I am still suffering from the consequences of my past alcoholism.  Angry
Gimmelfarb

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:15:55 PM

more than i would like to think about. cigarettes... ~$30/month (5-6 packs)... weed is much more expensive where i live than up north, and i am only willing to smoke the highest grades. i usually spend $500-700 a month on weed.... really need to either move up north where the growers are or start growing my own....
hodap

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:21:50 PM

more than i would like to think about. cigarettes... ~$30/month (5-6 packs)... weed is much more expensive where i live than up north, and i am only willing to smoke the highest grades. i usually spend $500-700 a month on weed.... really need to either move up north where the growers are or start growing my own....

That is a lot of money to spend on something that will kill you.
steelbuzz

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:36:44 PM

Nope.
Gimmelfarb

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:41:25 PM

That is a lot of money to spend on something that will kill you.

ouch! we all have our vices. i'd like to cut out the cigarettes, eventually, and fortunately it only works out to a bit over a pack a week. i am trying to mostly vaporize and eat cannabis these days, to cut down on my tar intake as well.
zahra4571

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 08:01:00 PM

Tobacco 0$
Weed max 25$

I don't use weed every month but I'm thinking I use max 300$ yearly so it is max 25$ monthly.

You asked question but you didn't tell your answer, why?
non smoker, Im an alcoholic, not spending nothing because I got my own small producing line of vine and brandy

zahra4571

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 08:20:30 PM

That is a lot of money spent on weed, do you buying it with BTC?

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:22:46 PM

in college, i knew a guy who was getting sent $2,000 from his parents for school. he would spend $600-$700 on weed, the rest would go to rent and other things. eventually he had to eat much less, for the sake of weeds. he would complain that his parents didn't send him enough money.
(oYo)

Activity: 476

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 11:09:10 PM

I don't like speaking publicly about my personal life, but for those people who would like to quit smoking tobacco, I will share my experience and thoughts on the matter in the hope that it might help you.

I was a heavy smoker (pack a day) for 30 yrs. I tried quitting about 10 times before I was finally successful. I didn't use the gum or the patch, since I feel that sometimes the so called "cure" is worse than whatever it is you are trying to cure. (Remember, these companies don't care about you, just the money they make from you.)

You will need to have the right mindset to make it happen. You have to REALLY, REALLY want to quit. Without willpower you are doomed from the start. My motivation was that I felt stupid for smoking and for making the tobacco company rich. So one day I just decided I had enough and quit "cold turkey". When I got to the last cigarette in the pack, I said to myself, "This will be my last cigarette." I hung onto that cigarette for as long as I could before I finally smoked it.

I made the mistake in my previous 9 attempts of thinking, "I'll just have one" or "just one puff". This time it was for real. Also, on my previous attempts I became what is commonly known as an "anti-smoker" and it made me feel miserable. So, this time I wasn't going to be "that guy" and I just embraced the fact that smokers will still exist in this world and I needed to just accept it. I continued to let people smoke in my house and even in my car too! I still do to this day.

Now, I still did get cravings to smoke for the first few months, but whenever they became too strong for me to ignore I just lit up a spliff instead of a cigarette. Believe me, it helped a lot. So if you'd like to quit both, I would highly recommend you try to only quit cigarettes first. The sensation of smoking a joint was enough to satisfy my urges. It was approximately 2 years later when I finally began to cut down on the pot smoking and now I only have a toke socially with friends.

Anyways, if anything I've said helps even just one of you to quit tobacco, then it'll have been worth me sharing this with you.

forever21

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:04:44 AM

I don't like speaking publicly about my personal life, but for those people who would like to quit smoking tobacco, I will share my experience and thoughts on the matter in the hope that it might help you.

I was a heavy smoker (pack a day) for 30 yrs. I tried quitting about 10 times before I was finally successful. I didn't use the gum or the patch, since I feel that sometimes the so called "cure" is worse than whatever it is you are trying to cure. (Remember, these companies don't care about you, just the money they make from you.)

You will need to have the right mindset to make it happen. You have to REALLY, REALLY want to quit. Without willpower you are doomed from the start. My motivation was that I felt stupid for smoking and for making the tobacco company rich. So one day I just decided I had enough and quit "cold turkey". When I got to the last cigarette in the pack, I said to myself, "This will be my last cigarette." I hung onto that cigarette for as long as I could before I finally smoked it.

I made the mistake in my previous 9 attempts of thinking, "I'll just have one" or "just one puff". This time it was for real. Also, on my previous attempts I became what is commonly known as an "anti-smoker" and it made me feel miserable. So, this time I wasn't going to be "that guy" and I just embraced the fact that smokers will still exist in this world and I needed to just accept it. I continued to let people smoke in my house and even in my car too! I still do to this day.

Now, I still did get cravings to smoke for the first few months, but whenever they became too strong for me to ignore I just lit up a spliff instead of a cigarette. Believe me, it helped a lot. So if you'd like to quit both, I would highly recommend you try to only quit cigarettes first. The sensation of smoking a joint was enough to satisfy my urges. It was approximately 2 years later when I finally began to cut down on the pot smoking and now I only have a toke socially with friends.

Anyways, if anything I've said helps even just one of you to quit tobacco, then it'll have been worth me sharing this with you.

thought it was bad to just quit because you will get sick did you get a cough for a few weeks after quitting? before i can smoke a packed everyday then after 1 week it turns to be a 1/2 packed then after 2 weeks 5 stick a day and now down to 3 i'll just focus on something whenever i felt some stress and buy a lot of skittle gummy bear and some m&m and eat some whenever i felt the urge to light up one cigarettes i knew it was hard but it works now sometimes i really hate the smell of cigarette so my 3 stick can last 2 and half days
Gimmelfarb

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 03:27:51 AM

in college, i knew a guy who was getting sent $2,000 from his parents for school. he would spend $600-$700 on weed, the rest would go to rent and other things. eventually he had to eat much less, for the sake of weeds. he would complain that his parents didn't send him enough money.

haha, surely i don't depend on my parents to pay for my weed consumption. $500-700 a month is for 2 people, both me and my girlfriend. we both have incomes, and i trade bitcoin and supplement with trading profits.
(oYo)

Activity: 476

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 03:29:36 AM

thought it was bad to just quit because you will get sick did you get a cough for a few weeks after quitting? before i can smoke a packed everyday then after 1 week it turns to be a 1/2 packed then after 2 weeks 5 stick a day and now down to 3 i'll just focus on something whenever i felt some stress and buy a lot of skittle gummy bear and some m&m and eat some whenever i felt the urge to light up one cigarettes i knew it was hard but it works now sometimes i really hate the smell of cigarette so my 3 stick can last 2 and half days

Actually, you don't get sick when you quit smoking. The reason why you begin hacking up phlegm after you quit is because the cilia hairs in your lungs begin working again and are actually busy scrubbing away all the tar that has been built up within you. You do need to be careful about gaining weight though, since smoking is an appetite suppressant. I gained weight every time I quit.  Embarrassed

forever21

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 03:34:16 AM

Actually, you don't get sick when you quit smoking. The reason why you begin hacking up phlegm after you quit is because the cilia hairs in your lungs begin working again and are actually busy scrubbing away all the tar that has been built up within you. You do need to be careful about gaining weight though, since smoking is an appetite suppressant. I gained weight every time I quit.  Embarrassed
[/quote

god gracious mate!! thats the main reason that i want to quit smoking im a little bit skinny though its ok because i have curve  Roll Eyes but i wanted to gain some more weight maybe this is the reason why i always have my eye on those chocolates than smoking cigarette in the past few days
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:50:20 AM

Oh god! Most of the students don't even get $1,000 per month from the parents for their studies. This guy was getting more than twice that amount and still he was complaining. BTW... did he graduated?
forever21

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:54:58 AM

Oh god! Most of the students don't even get $1,000 per month from the parents for their studies. This guy was getting more than twice that amount and still he was complaining. BTW... did he graduated?

err he eat less? how about the after shock of getting high? lol was he supposed to eat a lot after being stoned for a couple of hours? ohh well i guess we do have a different trip after being on the cloud but i will never spend 600 to 700$ for weed that is bullshit
Gimmelfarb

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:35:57 AM

err he eat less? how about the after shock of getting high? lol was he supposed to eat a lot after being stoned for a couple of hours? ohh well i guess we do have a different trip after being on the cloud but i will never spend 600 to 700$ for weed that is bullshit

to be honest, it sucks, but living in southern california has nothing on the bay area, northern california, oregon or washington state. if you want the top, top heady weed, you pay out the nose here, or you make trips up north. they push SO MUCH moldy weed at the dispensaries in los angeles. it's unbelievable. people smoke weed here, but there is no culture/scene around it like up north. which is why there is a high tolerance for a market flooded with very low quality weed.
forever21

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:19:53 AM

to be honest, it sucks, but living in southern california has nothing on the bay area, northern california, oregon or washington state. if you want the top, top heady weed, you pay out the nose here, or you make trips up north. they push SO MUCH moldy weed at the dispensaries in los angeles. it's unbelievable. people smoke weed here, but there is no culture/scene around it like up north. which is why there is a high tolerance for a market flooded with very low quality weed.

philippines has a very low quality of weeds specially here in the city so sometimes i travel up north to sagada mountains to get a very good shit but i only get like 10 stalk while my friend get 5 and we split up when we are travelling back home because of the checkpoint here but we are just spending like 150$ which is good for 3 months
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: