Poll
Question: Do you smoke
Yes - 36 (27.9%)
Occasionally - 13 (10.1%)
<5 a day - 4 (3.1%)
A pack a day - 16 (12.4%)
I'm a Chain Smoker - 4 (3.1%)
No I don't smoke - 51 (39.5%)
I don't smoke and can't stand peple who do - 5 (3.9%)
Total Voters: 117

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You smoke? tobacco/weed  (Read 17549 times)
josephliton

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:45:30 AM

It can cause lung cancer, heart disease, and (chronic) respiratory disease.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
WillyBTC

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:50:56 AM

The question was, Do You smoke?" But thanks for the PSA. Wink
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:59:56 AM

No one has ever made a convincing argument for why i should do that. I mean im always open minded though, so maybe there is some really strong argument that i simple haven't encountered yet. What convinced you to decide to do that? If the argument that convinced you is good enough maybe ill start.
Look I smoke , the first time I did it I don't think I was even able to contradict any argument i was too young and Naive back then , I just tried it and I didn't liked it at all the first time i did it, but somewhere later I started liking it..!
I never encourage anyone to smoke or neither do I stop anyone doing it, Its all about your Personal Choice if you want to do it in some point of your life you should do it otherwise your life is better without it too.!
My great grandfather used to smoke a lot and he died in his 90's.

yea thats how cigarettes seem to work. the cigarette industry lobbies the government to make them illegal for kids to smoke so that kids will smoke them and then the kids get addicted and the rest is history. its a sad story. hopefully you will be as luck as your grandpa.

Haha. There's a lot of lobbying by the industry but they're not lobbying to make sure cigarettes are illegal for kids so they then go smoke. They're not trying reverse psychology here. I'm sure they'd much rather cigarettes be legal to sell to kids, but most sane nations aren't going to do this.

Why do you suppose kids smoke? Do you suppose its because they create a vin diagram and carefully laid out all of the pros and cons? Obviously not. Its obvious to anyone halfway reasonable that the reason kids smoke is because they aren't supposed to. Its the only rational explanation since smoking its self isnt rational without adding that consideration. You know cocaine used to be totally legal for anyone to buy. A 5 year old could buy as much of it as he wanted. Did we have a cocain epidemic when it was legal for anyone including kids to buy? absolutely not. The moment cocaine addiction began to appear is the moment it became illegal. This is what happens when you use violence to try to address complex social problems, it always achieves the exact opposite of its stated goal. In this case that means that making it illegal for kids to smoke means that more kids will smoke and smart public relations professionals, like the ones in the employ of the cigarette lobby, understand this very well. Frankly though i dont care if you believe me. You can believe what ever you want.

kids don't smoke, u have to be 18+

i am here.
onlinepro

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:17:37 AM

No one has ever made a convincing argument for why i should do that. I mean im always open minded though, so maybe there is some really strong argument that i simple haven't encountered yet. What convinced you to decide to do that? If the argument that convinced you is good enough maybe ill start.
Look I smoke , the first time I did it I don't think I was even able to contradict any argument i was too young and Naive back then , I just tried it and I didn't liked it at all the first time i did it, but somewhere later I started liking it..!
I never encourage anyone to smoke or neither do I stop anyone doing it, Its all about your Personal Choice if you want to do it in some point of your life you should do it otherwise your life is better without it too.!
My great grandfather used to smoke a lot and he died in his 90's.

yea thats how cigarettes seem to work. the cigarette industry lobbies the government to make them illegal for kids to smoke so that kids will smoke them and then the kids get addicted and the rest is history. its a sad story. hopefully you will be as luck as your grandpa.

Haha. There's a lot of lobbying by the industry but they're not lobbying to make sure cigarettes are illegal for kids so they then go smoke. They're not trying reverse psychology here. I'm sure they'd much rather cigarettes be legal to sell to kids, but most sane nations aren't going to do this.

Why do you suppose kids smoke? Do you suppose its because they create a vin diagram and carefully laid out all of the pros and cons? Obviously not. Its obvious to anyone halfway reasonable that the reason kids smoke is because they aren't supposed to. Its the only rational explanation since smoking its self isnt rational without adding that consideration. You know cocaine used to be totally legal for anyone to buy. A 5 year old could buy as much of it as he wanted. Did we have a cocain epidemic when it was legal for anyone including kids to buy? absolutely not. The moment cocaine addiction began to appear is the moment it became illegal. This is what happens when you use violence to try to address complex social problems, it always achieves the exact opposite of its stated goal. In this case that means that making it illegal for kids to smoke means that more kids will smoke and smart public relations professionals, like the ones in the employ of the cigarette lobby, understand this very well. Frankly though i dont care if you believe me. You can believe what ever you want.

kids don't smoke, u have to be 18+

Yes they do.
Do you think it is hard to get it if your underage? Nope, it isn't.
They can even order it online these days.

rohnearner (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 11:36:08 AM

Most of the smokers knows about the consequences of smoking ,  but they just don't give a damn about it.
 Anyways I have cut down my addiction to 5-8 cigs  a week from 3-5 a day since I made this thread.

CEG5952

Activity: 658

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:16:20 AM

Most of the smokers knows about the consequences of smoking ,  but they just don't give a damn about it.
 Anyways I have cut down my addiction to 5-8 cigs  a week from 3-5 a day since I made this thread.

It's not that I don't give a damn about it. I'd rather not smoke. I mean, I do enjoy a good natural hand roll from time to time, but I mainly smoke cigarettes only at work -- a few a day. If my day job weren't so stressful, quitting would seem a lot easier. Bitcoin to 10k -- then I can quit my job AND cigarettes.

rohnearner (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 05:56:12 AM

It's not that I don't give a damn about it. I'd rather not smoke. I mean, I do enjoy a good natural hand roll from time to time, but I mainly smoke cigarettes only at work -- a few a day. If my day job weren't so stressful, quitting would seem a lot easier. Bitcoin to 10k -- then I can quit my job AND cigarettes.
So thats your plan too..
bitcoin to 10k and Most of us here will quit our job [only if they don't love it] , Quitting job is easy for some people out there compared to quitting smoking.

Gimmelfarb

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:50:06 AM

i'm in the same boat. i don't even touch the smokes on the weekend. but the 9-6 daily grind is enough to drive anyone mad. they remind me to take my breaks and get outside...
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:51:58 AM

Nope, Nothing, Nadda.
WootKung

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:53:08 AM

Nope, Nothing, Nadda.

420 blze fgt!
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:59:28 AM

Outlander
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:13:34 PM

Heavy smoker, 1 - 3 packs a day.

jump4ever

Activity: 257
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:24:44 PM

420 smoker here
zhinkk

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:57:36 PM

I'm 17 atm, occasional marijuana smoker. I've researched the benefits and negatives. I'm not too worried about the smoke as I don't do it daily. I can cite a few articles but they generally say the smoke over a long period is not too bad and actually increased lung capacity in a few cases. The thing I'm worried about is THC's affect on a developing brain (like mine haha). A few articles cited lower IQ (by a few point) for a daily smoker. That's why I don't do it daily. Also, I try not to do it alone because I often go into these deep states of either happiness or sadness. So usually at parties or hang outs only.
deebob

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:00:46 PM

I smoke a pack a day, I usually did 2, cut down on to 1 pack.. its still rough.

You`ll never know until you go through it yourself..

onlinepro

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:09:25 PM

I'm 17 atm, occasional marijuana smoker. I've researched the benefits and negatives. I'm not too worried about the smoke as I don't do it daily. I can cite a few articles but they generally say the smoke over a long period is not too bad and actually increased lung capacity in a few cases. The thing I'm worried about is THC's affect on a developing brain (like mine haha). A few articles cited lower IQ (by a few point) for a daily smoker. That's why I don't do it daily. Also, I try not to do it alone because I often go into these deep states of either happiness or sadness. So usually at parties or hang outs only.

Well many people who doesn't seem stupid, like Barack Obama, Steve Jobs and many others famous/rich etc have admitted they have smoked weed.
Steve job started when he was 15 and Barack Obama said "When I was a kid, I inhaled frequently. That was the point." so many of them have started young. Steve used LSD too.
If that is how "stupid" it makes you, I want to be stupid Tongue
I still wouldn't recommend to do it daily but I'm not worried about doing it sometimes.
There is more famous people smoking: http://www.mpp.org/outreach/top-50-marijuana-users-list.html

zhinkk

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:12:11 PM

Well many people who doesn't seem stupid, like Barack Obama, Steve Jobs and many others famous/rich etc have admitted they have smoked weed.
Steve job started when he was 15 and Barack Obama said "When I was a kid, I inhaled frequently. That was the point." so many of them have started young. Steve used LSD too.
I still wouldn't recommend to do it daily but I'm not worried about doing it sometimes.
There is more famous people smoking: http://www.mpp.org/outreach/top-50-marijuana-users-list.html

Exactly. But I just want to be on the safe side. And I want to get into vaping. That's why I want something like the Magic Flight Launch Box. So I can conserve weed, be healthier, and still get that same high.
onlinepro

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:15:42 PM

Exactly. But I just want to be on the safe side. And I want to get into vaping. That's why I want something like the Magic Flight Launch Box. So I can conserve weed, be healthier, and still get that same high.

Yeah, smoking is still bad for your lungs so it is better to vaporize or eat it.
But damn those vaporize machines are expensive  Angry
I will buy one of them someday.

zhinkk

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:21:27 PM

Yeah, smoking is still bad for your lungs so it is better to vaporize or eat it.
But damn those vaporize machines are expensive  Angry
I will buy one of them someday.

They are. A lot of people buy the vape pens like g pen or whatever for ~$50 or so but those always combust your herbs and don't properly vaporize it. So what's the point of getting it... (unless you're using waxs/oils). The MFLB can be found new + lifetime warranty on ebay for around $75. That's what I want to buy.
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:02:40 AM

Anyone got recommendations trying to quit smoking Cigs.....Know it will be tough...especially when a beer comes...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: