Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:30:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM Investor's Handout and Updates(NEM closed Alpha has begun)  (Read 9884 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
xtester (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:44:19 PM

xtester: I hope that our 3000 stakeholders can come up with something and adopt it organically. It's important to create a sustainable community, so us devs can't do everything Wink

Couldn't agree more.
Speelcraft

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:20:02 PM

Great post... but I think you can update some information.. UtopianFuture already set up some dates that is TBD on your post.
Nice job anyway.
xtester (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:33:29 PM

Great post... but I think you can update some information.. UtopianFuture already set up some dates that is TBD on your post.
Nice job anyway.

Done and added the countdown timer there as well.
xtester (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:46:11 PM

damn.. xtester.. nice job, looking very good! Cheesy sorry never got a chance to sort those links out..

Any time you're ready.
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 07:36:56 AM

Regarding the updated design, I am interested in the community's thoughts on using the circle with 3 balls (tomoe; 巴) or some modified form as our symbol/logo.

Right now I don't think we really have a symbol that relates to humans because transformed triangles and squares are a little too abstract. It is important to create something that people can see and have a feeling for what it means. Tomoe and symbols like yin-yang represent a dynamic balance that shows harmony and yet movement at the same time. I think if you think about what that means conceptually then you can get an idea for what a fitting design for NEM will be.

At a high level, I think you could summarize NEM in 3 parts:

- financial freedom
- decentralization
- equality of opportunity

Uniting these three together in solidarity, we have a theme where these three components must be together and work together in order to create an emergent harmony (i.e., the new economy).

If anyone has any ideas on other symbols we could use that represent these ideals, please post them here!

Good points, makoto. Thanks for taking the discussion further. Hopefully we'll be able to find something soon enough.

The logo looks very panda-ish and not "serious" enough, but alas, I wish I was a graphics designer. :-(

Can we have the community come out with some logos and put them to vote? That would be a great way of getting consensus agreement, in the true spirit of a block chain transaction!
gorillajam

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

win

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:58:58 AM

Why is this taking so long with so much talk and no action?

Qora announced and distributed within a month and it's a completely new source code.

Simakki

Activity: 697

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 08:01:33 AM

Why is this taking so long with so much talk and no action?

Qora announced and distributed within a month and it's a completely new source code.

OT:

And Qora have bring massive innovations and is complete product? Don´t think so...

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 09:41:44 AM

Regarding the updated design, I am interested in the community's thoughts on using the circle with 3 balls (tomoe; 巴) or some modified form as our symbol/logo.

Right now I don't think we really have a symbol that relates to humans because transformed triangles and squares are a little too abstract. It is important to create something that people can see and have a feeling for what it means. Tomoe and symbols like yin-yang represent a dynamic balance that shows harmony and yet movement at the same time. I think if you think about what that means conceptually then you can get an idea for what a fitting design for NEM will be.

- financial freedom
- decentralization

Uniting these three together in solidarity, we have a theme where these three components must be together and work together in order to create an emergent harmony (i.e., the new economy).

If anyone has any ideas on other symbols we could use that represent these ideals, please post them here!

Good points, makoto. Thanks for taking the discussion further. Hopefully we'll be able to find something soon enough.

The logo looks very panda-ish and not "serious" enough, but alas, I wish I was a graphics designer. :-(

Can we have the community come out with some logos and put them to vote? That would be a great way of getting consensus agreement, in the true spirit of a block chain transaction!

Pandas are cool Cheesy

We tried community-sourcing a logo, but no one came up with anything that really resonated. Lots of logos just said NEM, but I think we should try to move away from textual logos and try to find a symbol that represents: 1) financial freedom, 2) decentralization, and 3) equality of opportunity.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 09:43:20 AM

NEM already has a larger market cap than qora and we don't even have an open beta yet.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
gorillajam

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

win

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:06:36 AM

NEM already has a larger market cap than qora and we don't even have an open beta yet.

Exactly my point.

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 10:34:45 AM

Exactly my point.

I wouldn't say our programming is slow. We have tens of thousands of lines of code already, along with well over 1000 test cases (we are doing test-driven development). We're just doing a lot of new things and new things take time because they have to be well tested. We haven't yet announced all the new things we are doing. Our team is really first-rate and I think people who invest in NEM now will easily get 10-20x their money (unless something crazy happens like BC Next and Satoshi releasing a new coin the day before NEM launch).

If you don't have NEMstake yet, head over to the NXT AE and get some: https://nxtblocks.info/#section/assets_exchange/12465186738101000735

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 11:08:24 AM

Exactly my point.

I wouldn't say our programming is slow. We have tens of thousands of lines of code already, along with well over 1000 test cases (we are doing test-driven development). We're just doing a lot of new things and new things take time because they have to be well tested. We haven't yet announced all the new things we are doing. Our team is really first-rate and I think people who invest in NEM now will easily get 10-20x their money (unless something crazy happens like BC Next and Satoshi releasing a new coin the day before NEM launch).

If you don't have NEMstake yet, head over to the NXT AE and get some: https://nxtblocks.info/#section/assets_exchange/12465186738101000735

I don't believe in rushing out things. If we have to do anything, we should do it right once and not backpedal! That will often bring more disaster than not. I believe Qora is having some roll out problems they are facing now.
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 11:24:18 AM

- financial freedom
- decentralization

Pandas are cool Cheesy

We tried community-sourcing a logo, but no one came up with anything that really resonated. Lots of logos just said NEM, but I think we should try to move away from textual logos and try to find a symbol that represents: 1) financial freedom, 2) decentralization, and 3) equality of opportunity.

Some people have screwed that in the form of a couple of crypto coins. :-(  

Maybe we should go to something like fiverr.com and ask some of these people to participate in a competition in exchange for some NEMs. Get ten of them and pay $5 each for the basic one and then we pay the winner more NEMs to get more versions of it as our final logo. That way we also get our  brand seen by at least 10 more people!
xtester (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:46:23 AM

Exactly my point.

I think people don't generally understand what innovation on multiple levels means. So after NEM launches they will have a good reference point and example.

Keep up the good work.

P.S. Don't worry about Satoshi and BCNext, maybe they are stakeholders too, secretly waiting for NEM launch to test it out. Smiley
mrvegad

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:19:13 PM

Exactly my point.

+1
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 12:33:00 AM

I just want to say that none of the devs are giving up on NEM and there is no reason that anyone else should, either!

We are still working hard on coding and the OPEN ALPHA is still on schedule for 06/25.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 01:18:35 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 03:54:30 AM by rockethead

I just want to say that none of the devs are giving up on NEM and there is no reason that anyone else should, either!

We are still working hard on coding and the OPEN ALPHA is still on schedule for 06/25.

As the old discussion thread is closed, I have taken the liberty to start a new thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=650337.

Please let's not allow emotions cloud our minds. We need to soldier on.
zhanghaoteng

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:09:11 AM

It is looking good!
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 05:04:16 AM

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
xtester (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:40:43 AM

Totally agree.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: