Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:13:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Minerals development - top priority
E-sports Betting services + wallet betting features - 254 (48.7%)
Anonymity development - 135 (25.9%)
Multipool further development - 28 (5.4%)
SC2 tournaments - 56 (10.7%)
Wallet improvements (chat, price, better design) - 49 (9.4%)
Total Voters: 522

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 453 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MIN] Minerals - POS | Developing own anon solution |  (Read 742153 times)
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:03:56 AM

I've lost over 800 minerals. Who will pay for this?
Obama write him email

PS: Only you :-(

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
B4zz4

Activity: 629
Merit: 500

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:06:16 AM

As I see it - some lessons that can be learned

Despite some minor irritations annoying a few prolific - and ill-tempered - posters this has been a pretty smooth launch.

That said I think the devs were too accommodating when some miners whined about the need to ban "anyone who's getting more than me". I personally saw no problem with the initially-proposed 300MH worker limit, even though I control just 4 rigs with a net x11 hash rate of 40MH if I'm really lucky. People want to take the risk of hiring some hash power for a new coin they can not move because there are no wallets? Good for them, although they stand to lose mightily if we do not develop a community around this crypto-currency.

On the point of community, what's with the ethnic insults that appeared on this thread? Are you children? You need to learn some manners. Civility is a minimum requirement for community.

With regard to the devs being too accommodating, the rushed change to a one-worker limit was not really fair to miners engaging in that universally-practiced activity, sleeping. At the very least time zones should have been considered and pools located in regions where local time was between say midnight and 08:00 should have been left as-were with warnings posted. Granted, other users would have rushed to mine there but the devs control all the pools - just turn off new account creation on those pools until limits are imposed. There really was no need to waste their hash power.

With regard to the panic and intemperate posts over some miners having more hash power than others, why is that an issue? The wallets and source code have not yet been released, no one can sell before you have the opportunity to do so. Strip-mining pools have been excluded, they can not flood the market and kill the coin value. Reading the posts it really does look like a case of "Stop those people! They're getting more than me!". Really guys? So how many of the complainers and demanders for immediate action have pointed their rig(s) at blackcoin pool for a day or two to enter their promotional draw for the 300MHs knc titan miner give-away? I imagine if they won such a thing they would be somewhat less inclined to restrict people's hash rates.

People need to calm down and devs need to take a bit more control. A few whingers do not a community make. Do what is good for the coin rather than simply oiling the squeakiest wheels. Unless you give one coin to every one of the world's citizens you are not likely to get a much fairer launch than this. The sudden switch to a one-worker limit was ill-conceived and hastily implemented. I imagine many people are like me, seeing ridiculous rejection rates even though we couldn't reach a 50MHs limit with rocket boosters.

On the whole a pretty good launch but please devs, take a little more control and accommodate the jealous, greedy and petulant a little less. Community isn't "all about me".

Tips: CANN: CRAUn1GyLcqyC2dfi7F1FDjvrzmLzwApAx
PepiX

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:14:11 AM

If it wasn't so, and as you're saying it's all the same than what's the point of cutting anything?

sorry this is nonsens!

if we had enough time we where able to connect all 4 workers with the same worker username and pw.
i had 4 workers last night user.1 user.2 etc. each one with around 8mh/s.
while we where sleeping user.2 user.3 and user.4 where deleted on the pool.
with the new limit we only have to connect all workers with user.1 for example and we got the 4x hashrate on user.1 of course....

the change is not problem only the short announcement

OK.. if you find it to be nonsense.. do the math yourself and tell us.. how much would you earn if the notice was for 8+ hours and how much you earned now (with only the one worker submitting)? You (DRPD) started it by saying you wanted the announcement to have been made at least 8 hours in advance. I told you your earning are pretty much the same.. if you call it nonsens.. do the math and mention here what it says.. you will find it is pretty much the same what I did.

@hamba - I have written in my first post where is the difference.. the distribution.. the difference is only for the big farms.. in this special case depicted by DRPD.. there is pretty much no difference. And for those loosing less workers, it is a Win situation. If he had only two workers.. he would have mined twice the coins compared to the situation where the announcement is made 8 hours in advance. And if he had a single worker.. he would have had nearly 4 times more coins mined.

The net hasrate has dropped 3.5-4 times.. so DRPD is at the break line.. if he had less workers he would have earned more than the case if the announcement was loner. If he had more.. he would loose. Now he is about even.
DLow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:14:45 AM

As I see it - some lessons that can be learned

Despite some minor irritations annoying a few prolific - and ill-tempered - posters this has been a pretty smooth launch.

That said I think the devs were too accommodating when some miners whined about the need to ban "anyone who's getting more than me". I personally saw no problem with the initially-proposed 300MH worker limit, even though I control just 4 rigs with a net x11 hash rate of 40MH if I'm really lucky. People want to take the risk of hiring some hash power for a new coin they can not move because there are no wallets? Good for them, although they stand to lose mightily if we do not develop a community around this crypto-currency.

On the point of community, what's with the ethnic insults that appeared on this thread? Are you children? You need to learn some manners. Civility is a minimum requirement for community.

With regard to the devs being too accommodating, the rushed change to a one-worker limit was not really fair to miners engaging in that universally-practiced activity, sleeping. At the very least time zones should have been considered and pools located in regions where local time was between say midnight and 08:00 should have been left as-were with warnings posted. Granted, other users would have rushed to mine there but the devs control all the pools - just turn off new account creation on those pools until limits are imposed. There really was no need to waste their hash power.

With regard to the panic and intemperate posts over some miners having more hash power than others, why is that an issue? The wallets and source code have not yet been released, no one can sell before you have the opportunity to do so. Strip-mining pools have been excluded, they can not flood the market and kill the coin value. Reading the posts it really does look like a case of "Stop those people! They're getting more than me!". Really guys? So how many of the complainers and demanders for immediate action have pointed their rig(s) at blackcoin pool for a day or two to enter their promotional draw for the 300MHs knc titan miner give-away? I imagine if they won such a thing they would be somewhat less inclined to restrict people's hash rates.

People need to calm down and devs need to take a bit more control. A few whingers do not a community make. Do what is good for the coin rather than simply oiling the squeakiest wheels. Unless you give one coin to every one of the world's citizens you are not likely to get a much fairer launch than this. The sudden switch to a one-worker limit was ill-conceived and hastily implemented. I imagine many people are like me, seeing ridiculous rejection rates even though we couldn't reach a 50MHs limit with rocket boosters.

On the whole a pretty good launch but please devs, take a little more control and accommodate the jealous, greedy and petulant a little less. Community isn't "all about me".

Yup, agree. Good launch.

If Devs deliver on the wallet and exchanges then I say this is a pretty good idea. Limiting hash, holding off the coins and taking a procedural 1% fee from miners. Usually you get up to 2% premine anyways AND have to pay the pool fees.

And if those megafarm owners can't get rich off this I couldn't care less. Go mine at a multipool or rape some other coin, you would be dumping anyways so who needs you? No one, that's who.
hamba

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:17:15 AM

A few points to the dev that he could address:

• Do you acknowledge that by deleting workers from pools with only one hour announcement beforehand, besides cutting the big whales which was the purpose, you also damaged a number of small miners which were within the rules but had multiple rigs set to multiple workers?
  • Will you offer any compensation to damaged parties (those whose workers you cut but were below 50 Mh/s)? You'll have 1% of all the coins and this shouldn't be big deal and looking at the pool logs shouldn't make it too dificult to see who to compensate.
  • The big whales are going around this limit by opening multiple accounts, renting rigs, etc. How are you planning (if at all) to stop this?
  • When are the coins going to get of the pool? Do you offer any guarantee or damage compensation if your pool gets hacked and all the coins disappear?
  • People are concerned that this could be another Wecoin. Again, you control all of the coins and have failed to deliver the promise that it will be possible to withdraw the coins from the pools to exchange (i.e. trusted party) on launch but not trade them until POW is over. If relinquishing control of coins which don't belong to you to trusted third party is not possible, you could come with some other solution like putting some sizeable amount of BTC into trusted escrow and if you fail to deliver your promises, that BTC will be distributed according to balances on your pools (which should be made public - also, then the public could decide if the distribution is fair and should they continue supporting this coin). The amount of BTC put in escrow is up for you to decide and then up to people to decide is it enough.
XbladeX
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:20:08 AM

And if those megafarm owners can't get rich off this I couldn't care less. Go mine at a multipool or rape some other coin, you would be dumping anyways so who needs you? No one, that's who.
Cheesy +1 farms owners are getting upset :-( damm

• The big whales are going around this limit by opening multiple accounts, renting rigs, etc. How are you planning (if at all) to stop this?
IP block can stop some ^^...
Rental rings won't change IP just like that

frodo99

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:22:35 AM

Why run away from this ship mouse? Shocked
hero18688

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:24:34 AM

Mine it or leave it.No more bullshit. Grin

CalePrakto

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:25:02 AM

Although I think this coin has added some new interesting ideas, the way it is has been handled by the dev is awful.

I pointed all my six rigs to this coin (4, 2.5, 2.5, 9, 12 and 25 MH/s). As I just woke up, I found that all but 4 MH/s rigs were not working properly. Having checked this thread I found the announcement by the dev that all but 1 worker would be deleted.

So this means I have been heating up my house and office (during summer time) with expensive electricity for nothing in return.

It sucks.

It also means that the dev sucks.

And that I feel like I have been cheated by the dev...

Why the one hour only notice? Sure, I should have had other coins as backups, but I didn't, I just had other Minerals pools as backups because I had decided to go all in on Minerals.

Still, this doesn't mean the coin and the ideas behind all this are bad, just very, very poorly handled by the dev.

You suck.

And just to make things clear, I am writing this not as a pool operator but as a common miner and supporter of the coin.
nigttran

Activity: 435

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:25:10 AM

Who can tell me...

No premine, no instamine, no ipo, no ninjamine... WHERE the coins DEV pay for promo, games, bouty, translate topic...?

Where? where? where?
XbladeX
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:27:23 AM

Who can tell me...

No premine, no instamine, no ipo, no ninjamine... WHERE the coins DEV pay for promo, games, bouty, translate topic...?

Where? where? where?
>>>>> 1% POOL FEEE <<<<<

For runnig pool for all ^^

deathchuck

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:28:30 AM

Who can tell me...

Where? where? where?

Nobody can answer you, pls ask dev, ask God... =))

Kenta

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:29:41 AM

A few points to the dev that he could address:

• Do you acknowledge that by deleting workers from pools with only one hour announcement beforehand, besides cutting the big whales which was the purpose, you also damaged a number of small miners which were within the rules but had multiple rigs set to multiple workers?
  • Will you offer any compensation to damaged parties (those whose workers you cut but were below 50 Mh/s)? You'll have 1% of all the coins and this shouldn't be big deal and looking at the pool logs shouldn't make it too dificult to see who to compensate.
  • When are the coins going to get of the pool? Do you offer any guarantee or damage compensation if your pool gets hacked and all the coins disappear?
  • People are concerned that this could be another Wecoin. Again, you control all of the coins and have failed to deliver the promise that it will be possible to withdraw the coins from the pools to exchange (i.e. trusted party) on launch but not trade them until POW is over. If relinquishing control of coins which don't belong to you to trusted third party is not possible, you could come with some other solution like putting some sizeable amount of BTC into trusted escrow and if you fail to deliver your promises, that BTC will be distributed according to balances on your pools (which should be made public - also, then the public could decide if the distribution is fair and should they continue supporting this coin). The amount of BTC put in escrow is up for you to decide and then up to people to decide is it enough.

I can only say that it's a risk to take, but it's up to you if you want to take that risk or not.

There's plenty of other fish in the sea! (and they mine by almost 30% lower load because of the popularity of this)

Trade your cryptocoins at: ◣ bleutrade.com ◢◣ C-Cex.com ◢
Minerals (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Minerals Dev

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 08:29:46 AM

Who can tell me...

Where? where? where?

1% pool fee

edit: oh, already been asked  Smiley

MVNWT9QtaryFdzexcHNyiJa3hzZB5Ja85P
Lucif3r

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:30:09 AM

Wtf i can't connect to any pool with my second worker. i have 6 mh per worker. totalling 12 mh? WTF DEVS. are you playing cat and dog?

just use one worker, you should be fine

guys please tell me where to download a wallet?

there isn't any

mmh apparently 2 giga are missed from the pool count, if you sum all the pools hash... how it is possible if no source was given? dev mining with his own farm?

This is serious concern. It's possible that devs limit everyone's hash power so he/they can solo mine with hashrate more than all of us? Hopefully that isn't true

DoubleEagle Coin - Only 100 XDE - Get your free XDE now!
Zulandio

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:30:36 AM

So really this coin has a 1% premine that we are mining for them... Then they screw people out of hash and say tough shit.. Not fair if you ask me.
komodovpn

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:31:02 AM

So really this coin has a 1% premine that we are mining for them... Then they screw people out of hash and say tough shit.. Not fair if you ask me.

let me ask you, how much hash do you have?

[ Minerals ] - The most fair distribution crypto
XbladeX
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:31:42 AM

Who can tell me...

Where? where? where?

1% pool fee
i guessed :-D haha

Next coin will have merged minnig Cheesy ans 0% fee ^^

Zulandio

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:31:44 AM

32 Mhs
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:31:52 AM

I've lost over 800 minerals. Who will pay for this?

try to take the third expo, you will recover fast, and don't build useless units
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 453 »
  Print  

Jump to: