Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:38:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GoldReserve][XGR]X11 Unique Stabilizer Fund, BACKED BY GOLD NOW!  (Read 164042 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:15:43 PM

21 hrs  43 mins from right now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
joe.sixer

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:17:39 PM

How does IPO work? Who can buy?
nioccoin

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:30:18 PM

Guys, beware of ideas like this.  They sound legit and cool, but where they will work they are actually illegal without significant regulation, and everywhere else they are legal, they are easy to run away with the gold, with NO recourse for the coin investors.

If this were a US-based op, it would require being regulated, and if it flew under the radar, all funds and gold could and would be confiscated by the feds.  There is at least a decade of "gold exchanges" that have been shut down for this exact reason.  And to some extent, the rationale that it allows money laundering through gold is true to a small extent.

If you want more info and history google "e-gold".  The owner of that company - the first "paypal" - is now a felon, even though he did nothing wrong.  He even turned in his own customers who were using his exchange for illegal purposes.  He turned them in as soon as he knew it.  But he was still prosecuted.  He also failed to register as a "money exchanger" even though he tried, but the same government that later prosecuted him for it refused to give him a license because they told him his business did not "qualify" and therefore was exempt.  That didn't stop them from prosecuting him later.  Then after this all happened and he served his time, he went back to start up his business again, and applied for a money exchanger license, and they told him he couldn't get one because he now had a criminal record!

BTW, cryptsy has for some time now been trying to provide a USD to altcoin conversion system.  I would almost guarantee the holdup is their application for a money exchanger license.  In some US states it costs tens of thousands of dollars and requires a team paper pushers to keep records.  And they aren't even trying to do the gold thing, but the same law applies to them.  This is the US "Patriot Act" at work.

But if you refuse to believe this, I invite you to ask yourself this question:

Why would you use a decentralized system to centralize your gold when you can keep it safe in your home or your pocket?

Anyone reading this can buy gold with BTC, at least in the USA.  If you have altcoins, you can trade for BTC, and then buy gold DIRECTLY with it.  Google it.  Why would you want to centralize your gold holdings with someone you don't know?  Would you go to a stranger on the street and hand him your wallet for safekeeping?

And last, if you did decide to get in on this, and the coin dev is honest, what guarantees do you have that the gold would be protected?  This enterprise would require a BPTP safe - that means a burglar proof tool-proof safe, and those cost about 16k USD new.  They weigh two to four thousand pounds and are usually welded to the floor to keep someone from tipping and/or dragging them.

OK.  Now you know.  Act accordingly.  Apologies to the coin dev.  You may well be a nice person who wants to help people.  I suggest you find another way.  And if you live in the USA, my advice will keep you out of jail.
TheCoinFinder
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 09:38:51 PM

I'll mine it if you get a regular pool  please    Smiley
What's the issue with HashHarder?

You can register an alias and assign an address to the alias in the same way you use a "regular" pool.

.Deviant.io.                ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄
             ▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄
           ██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
         ▄█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄
        ▐█░░░▄████████████████▄░░
        █▌░░███▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▌▐█
        █▌░░█████▌  ▐▄▄   ██████░▐█
        ██░░▀██████████████████░▒██
        ▄██▄▄███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀███▄░▄███▄
     ▄██▓▓▓██▓▓███▀▀▒▒▒▀▀███▓▓██▓▓▓▓██
    ▐█▓▓▓▓█▓██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▀████▓█▓▓▓
    ▀███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀█▒▒▒████████▀
      ▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄█▀▒▒█▒██▀▒████▀
      ▐█▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▓▓▓▒▀▒▒▒▒▓██▓█▌
      ██▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒██▓████▓▒▒▒▓▓▒███▓█▌
      ▐█▓██▒▒▒▒███▀▒▒▒█▌▓▓▓██▀▒██▓█▌
       ██▒█▌▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▌▓██▀▒▒▒▒█▒██
        ██▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒██
         ▀█▓▓██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▓▓█▀
           ▀██▒▀█████▄█████▀▓██▀
         ▄▄▓▓▓█████▄▄▓▄▄█████▓▓▄▄

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▀▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓        ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓               ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓               ▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▄▄         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓         ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀      ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌

░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓²         ` ║▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓              ╢▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓Γ    ▓╥  ╓▓┐    ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓     ╙`   ╙     ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓╥   ─,,  ,,─   ╓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓   `▓▓▓▀        ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▌            ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓       ,▄▄▓▓   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▄,▄▄   ▐▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▀ '▀▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▓▀▀▀       ▄▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀       ▄▄▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▄,▄▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Mesterlovesz74 (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:54:25 PM

IPO is closed now. I asked my friends whether they fund my coin and I offered them an IPO. 3 of them interested. They are the IPO holders now.

GoldReserve Donation Acc: BTC: 16g8LVMpKAREXXQNRTUkxDNCoBykouTFZ9
GoldReserve Donation Acc: XGR: GftR1m2Gh8RPsNbQBZZ2xYHbWa7ps2dp8e
tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:54:45 PM

You can register an alias and assign an address to the alias in the same way you use a "regular" pool.

im outta here bye
tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:56:24 PM

im outta here bye

i have my reasons  Smiley
Mesterlovesz74 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:57:46 PM

what is the exact start time for this project?

20h GMT

or

20h or 21h UK daylight saving time?

My time zone was GMT +2 but I checked and it's GMT +1 now. That's why I use altcoincalendar's counter. It's accurate.

Mesterlovesz74 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:05:12 PM

im outta here bye

i have my reasons  Smiley

Yeah, yeah, we know it is a bait! Now people get curious, they will ask you why, oh humble and trustworthy (internet) friend! Then you spread some FUD...

joe.sixer

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:43:34 PM

IPO is closed now. I asked my friends whether they fund my coin and I offered them an IPO. 3 of them interested. They are the IPO holders now.

What did they pay?
Mesterlovesz74 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:48:01 PM

Guys, beware of ideas like this.  They sound legit and cool, but where they will work they are actually illegal without significant regulation, and everywhere else they are legal, they are easy to run away with the gold, with NO recourse for the coin investors.

If this were a US-based op, it would require being regulated, and if it flew under the radar, all funds and gold could and would be confiscated by the feds.  There is at least a decade of "gold exchanges" that have been shut down for this exact reason.  And to some extent, the rationale that it allows money laundering through gold is true to a small extent.

If you want more info and history google "e-gold".  The owner of that company - the first "paypal" - is now a felon, even though he did nothing wrong.  He even turned in his own customers who were using his exchange for illegal purposes.  He turned them in as soon as he knew it.  But he was still prosecuted.  He also failed to register as a "money exchanger" even though he tried, but the same government that later prosecuted him for it refused to give him a license because they told him his business did not "qualify" and therefore was exempt.  That didn't stop them from prosecuting him later.  Then after this all happened and he served his time, he went back to start up his business again, and applied for a money exchanger license, and they told him he couldn't get one because he now had a criminal record!

BTW, cryptsy has for some time now been trying to provide a USD to altcoin conversion system.  I would almost guarantee the holdup is their application for a money exchanger license.  In some US states it costs tens of thousands of dollars and requires a team paper pushers to keep records.  And they aren't even trying to do the gold thing, but the same law applies to them.  This is the US "Patriot Act" at work.

Why would you use a decentralized system to centralize your gold when you can keep it safe in your home or your pocket?

Anyone reading this can buy gold with BTC, at least in the USA.  If you have altcoins, you can trade for BTC, and then buy gold DIRECTLY with it.  Google it.  Why would you want to centralize your gold holdings with someone you don't know?  Would you go to a stranger on the street and hand him your wallet for safekeeping?

And last, if you did decide to get in on this, and the coin dev is honest, what guarantees do you have that the gold would be protected?  This enterprise would require a BPTP safe - that means a burglar proof tool-proof safe, and those cost about 16k USD new.  They weigh two to four thousand pounds and are usually welded to the floor to keep someone from tipping and/or dragging them.

OK.  Now you know.  Act accordingly.  Apologies to the coin dev.  You may well be a nice person who wants to help people.  I suggest you find another way.  And if you live in the USA, my advice will keep you out of jail.

Hmm. First of all. Bitcoin has "some" regulation in a few countries, some of them even cover cryptocurrencies in general, but, There isn't any law against collecting gold, there isn't any law against buying cryptocurrencies!

And my friend, I offered only these 2 things in general! I am offering that when I will sell the premine, I will use 80% of it to buy Gold. I will make the account where I store gold to be accessable (to check) for everyone. I am offering, that if 1 GoldReserve coin price will fall under the price of Gold estimated for 1 Goldreserve coin I will use the Gold to buy back each and every coin at that fixed price!
Let me do the math for you, If the Stabilizer Fund will be 80 BTC, that means 1 GoldReserve coins GUARANTEED price will be 200 satoshi! If the price of 1 coin will fall under this fixed price, then instead of selling lower and lower at any exchange you can send a request and I will buy back the coins at that fixed price! (this is how it work ATM, later, there will be an automated exchange for this, it will be accessable through the official website!)

Now please tell me which other altcoin or even Bitcoin offer a guarantee like this?? I think the answer is none! So GoldReserve is unique in this way!

"Why would you use a decentralized system to centralize your gold"? No one talked about centralizing gold, I told you that it will be a backup, a guarantee that your investment won't fall down to zero!

"Would you go to a stranger on the street and hand him your wallet for safekeeping?" WOW! AND WOW AGAIN! My question is almost the same, would you buy an altcoin which has no guarantee that it will hold its value so you can loose every penny of your investment overnight, or would you prefer one that gives you a fix buyback price at any time?
Let me go further: Where is the guarantee in Bitcoin itself? If the top 10 richest decide they wanna out, Bitcoin price will be 10 bucks tomorrow! 2 days later when the news gets to everyone, it will be ZERO!!! Investment gone!

And last:

"And last, if you did decide to get in on this, and the coin dev is honest, what guarantees do you have that the gold would be protected?  This enterprise would require a BPTP safe - that means a burglar proof tool-proof safe, and those cost about 16k USD new.  They weigh two to four thousand pounds and are usually welded to the floor to keep someone from tipping and/or dragging them."

I don't know if you familiar all the way you can have and hold Gold, but from the above I have to assume you don't. I happen to know a place, where you can buy and safely store Gold without paying thousands for storage. I do not want my idea stolen, so I will give the link to the GoldReserve account when I buy the first gramm of Gold there!

Mesterlovesz74 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:55:19 PM

are there any regular pools plz

I am waiting for responses from other pools!

minerpools

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 11:58:56 PM

http://gold.minerpools.com/

Registrations open!

- Dedicated server 512 SSD, 32GB RAM, 8 Core Processor
- 24/7 support at #minerpools freenode channel https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/minerpools
- Block finder bonus -
- 1% Fees
- No hassle, just login and mine
- Great experience with X11 coins

Get Ready! stratum for GoldReserve stratum+tcp://190.143.38.247:4025 -u Weblogin.WorkerName -p WorkerPassword

nioccoin

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:04:23 AM

Hmm. First of all. Bitcoin has "some" regulation in a few countries, some of them even cover cryptocurrencies in general, but, There isn't any law against collecting gold, there isn't any law against buying cryptocurrencies!

And my friend, I offered only these 2 things in general! I am offering that when I will sell the premine, I will use 80% of it to buy Gold. I will make the account where I store gold to be accessable (to check) for everyone. I am offering, that if 1 GoldReserve coin price will fall under the price of Gold estimated for 1 Goldreserve coin I will use the Gold to buy back each and every coin at that fixed price!
Let me do the math for you, If the Stabilizer Fund will be 80 BTC, that means 1 GoldReserve coins GUARANTEED price will be 200 satoshi! If the price of 1 coin will fall under this fixed price, then instead of selling lower and lower at any exchange you can send a request and I will buy back the coins at that fixed price! (this is how it work ATM, later, there will be an automated exchange for this, it will be accessable through the official website!)

Now please tell me which other altcoin or even Bitcoin offer a guarantee like this?? I think the answer is none! So GoldReserve is unique in this way!

"Why would you use a decentralized system to centralize your gold"? No one talked about centralizing gold, I told you that it will be a backup, a guarantee that your investment won't fall down to zero!

"Would you go to a stranger on the street and hand him your wallet for safekeeping?" WOW! AND WOW AGAIN! My question is almost the same, would you buy an altcoin which has no guarantee that it will hold its value so you can loose every penny of your investment overnight, or would you prefer one that gives you a fix buyback price at any time?
Let me go further: Where is the guarantee in Bitcoin itself? If the top 10 richest decide they wanna out, Bitcoin price will be 10 bucks tomorrow! 2 days later when the news gets to everyone, it will be ZERO!!! Investment gone!

And last:

"And last, if you did decide to get in on this, and the coin dev is honest, what guarantees do you have that the gold would be protected?  This enterprise would require a BPTP safe - that means a burglar proof tool-proof safe, and those cost about 16k USD new.  They weigh two to four thousand pounds and are usually welded to the floor to keep someone from tipping and/or dragging them."

I don't know if you familiar all the way you can have and hold Gold, but from the above I have to assume you don't. I happen to know a place, where you can buy and safely store Gold without paying thousands for storage. I do not want my idea stolen, so I will give the link to the GoldReserve account when I buy the first gramm of Gold there!

I understand exactly what you are trying to do.  I think you are either very naive, or you are hoping your stakeholders are naive.  The biggest warning sign is that you "know a place, where you can buy and safely store Gold without paying thousands for storage."  That is exactly the point!  Lesson #1:  ALWAYS store physical gold in a place that costs thousands of dollars to store it.

As for your plan, there are too many layers between the stakeholder and the gold.  The 1st layer is the cryptocoin.  The 2nd layer is international law.  The 3rd layer is you.  You buy the gold.  The 4th layer is the vault in which you store the gold.  The 5th layer is the WAY in which you store the gold; this is the most important layer, so read the explanation below.  The 6th layer are the stakeholders for the company that owns the vault.  The 7th layer is the insurance company (you are planning to insure the gold with a reputable firm like lloyd's of london, right?).  The 8th is the government, no matter what government it is.  This could go sideways in so many ways.  Let's review.

Starting from the 8th problem layer, I've already covered govt regulation in a previous post.

As for the 7th problem layer, supposing your gold is stolen from the vault or even from your personal professional safe.  It could take months for an insurance company to pay a claim, and they will look for every opportunity to squirm out from paying, usually by blaming you.  In western countries, it is customary to put an alarm system on your safe, with an autodial system to your cellphone and/or to the authorities.

As for the 6th problem, let's suppose the vault company got robbed.  In most places, the company stakeholders will get in line in front of you and be made whole before anyone else.  By the time it gets to the small players, the money is always gone.

As for the 5th problem layer, if you store the gold so that it can be leased out and earn interest while it is "sitting there in the vault" you legally sign away your right to that gold.  In exchange for it, you get a piece of paper that says you own the gold.  Good luck collecting on that.  It rarely happens.  I see nothing in your ANN that contradicts this.  Most people don't know about this little trick, but most vaults offer that "service".  After all, people see all their gold sitting in a vault doing nothing, and most think it is a good idea to lease it out and earn interest.  This works in developed economies, except when it doesn't, but is a bad idea for your coin.  I wonder if you know about this gimmick, and are purposefully not explaining it to the stakeholders.  BTW, this is how modern banking got started - from goldsmiths leasing out others' gold at interest.  There are lots of youtube vids out there explaining this.

The 4th problem layer is the vault in which you store the gold.  As I stated earlier, the cheapest place is usually the worst place, and in any third world country it is beyond laughable to think it is secure.  If anyone here wants you to store the gold in a cheap vault, they deserve to be ripped off.

The 3rd layer is you.  Nobody knows who you are, or where you are, or how honest you are.  And they won't unless they invest in your scheme and by some miracle it works for even a short time.  Even if you are angelic, if the vault gets robbed, you will either have to run or face the music.  Nobody can tell what you will do.  The assurances of someone on the internet are worth nothing.

The 2nd layer is international law.  If this goes sideways, and it will, cryptos are decentralized, and that means that thousands of stakeholders scattered across the globe will be locked out of collecting their due from whatever country you are in.  In other words, there is ZERO recourse against you, and you are a fool if you won't admit that.  Now, someone could say that is the risk of all cryptocoins.  But for most people, at least they have their worthless cryptocoin in their wallet, after the exchange forces them to withdraw it when the coin is delisted.

And finally we come to the 1st layer - your cryptocoin.  I don't think I need to go into all the ways this can fail.  A good percentage of those reading this are probably bagholding at least one coin that imploded.  It's hard enough vetting a coin to see if it has promise, without adding another layer of confusion onto it, and that is what the gold angle does.

As for my credentials in regard to knowledge of gold, I didn't write any of this for you per se.  And like you, I am just some person on the internet.  What do I know, right?  But I have given your stakeholders some very specific warnings and advice, and I'll let that speak for itself.  If they follow the breadcrumbs, they will find the truth, and it will be remarkably close to what I have stated herein.
sacskate

Activity: 994

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:28:28 AM

I don't get the gold gimmick, just use btc. If this were to work this is the only way I see it working. Sell the premine as an ipo, not to your "friends". Btw ipo is an initial  PUBLIC offering. How could you prove you just won't create a few addresses for yourself and claim they are your "friends"? Use a reputable escrow for the ipo. Send the btc to the escrow and have him put up a buy wall at your "bottom" price. 10% for yourself is ridiculous. You would do well at even much less than that. Pay some % to the escrow. Lol @ "fund your coin". How much does it cost to copy and paste???
Mesterlovesz74 (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:58:33 AM

I understand exactly what you are trying to do.  I think you are either very naive, or you are hoping your stakeholders are naive.  The biggest warning sign is that you "know a place, where you can buy and safely store Gold without paying thousands for storage."  That is exactly the point!  Lesson #1:  ALWAYS store physical gold in a place that costs thousands of dollars to store it.

As for your plan, there are too many layers between the stakeholder and the gold.  The 1st layer is the cryptocoin.  The 2nd layer is international law.  The 3rd layer is you.  You buy the gold.  The 4th layer is the vault in which you store the gold.  The 5th layer is the WAY in which you store the gold; this is the most important layer, so read the explanation below.  The 6th layer are the stakeholders for the company that owns the vault.  The 7th layer is the insurance company (you are planning to insure the gold with a reputable firm like lloyd's of london, right?).  The 8th is the government, no matter what government it is.  This could go sideways in so many ways.  Let's review.

Starting from the 8th problem layer, I've already covered govt regulation in a previous post.

As for the 7th problem layer, supposing your gold is stolen from the vault or even from your personal professional safe.  It could take months for an insurance company to pay a claim, and they will look for every opportunity to squirm out from paying, usually by blaming you.  In western countries, it is customary to put an alarm system on your safe, with an autodial system to your cellphone and/or to the authorities.

As for the 6th problem, let's suppose the vault company got robbed.  In most places, the company stakeholders will get in line in front of you and be made whole before anyone else.  By the time it gets to the small players, the money is always gone.

As for the 5th problem layer, if you store the gold so that it can be leased out and earn interest while it is "sitting there in the vault" you legally sign away your right to that gold.  In exchange for it, you get a piece of paper that says you own the gold.  Good luck collecting on that.  It rarely happens.  I see nothing in your ANN that contradicts this.  Most people don't know about this little trick, but most vaults offer that "service".  After all, people see all their gold sitting in a vault doing nothing, and most think it is a good idea to lease it out and earn interest.  This works in developed economies, except when it doesn't, but is a bad idea for your coin.  I wonder if you know about this gimmick, and are purposefully not explaining it to the stakeholders.  BTW, this is how modern banking got started - from goldsmiths leasing out others' gold at interest.  There are lots of youtube vids out there explaining this.

The 4th problem layer is the vault in which you store the gold.  As I stated earlier, the cheapest place is usually the worst place, and in any third world country it is beyond laughable to think it is secure.  If anyone here wants you to store the gold in a cheap vault, they deserve to be ripped off.

The 3rd layer is you.  Nobody knows who you are, or where you are, or how honest you are.  And they won't unless they invest in your scheme and by some miracle it works for even a short time.  Even if you are angelic, if the vault gets robbed, you will either have to run or face the music.  Nobody can tell what you will do.  The assurances of someone on the internet are worth nothing.

The 2nd layer is international law.  If this goes sideways, and it will, cryptos are decentralized, and that means that thousands of stakeholders scattered across the globe will be locked out of collecting their due from whatever country you are in.  In other words, there is ZERO recourse against you, and you are a fool if you won't admit that.  Now, someone could say that is the risk of all cryptocoins.  But for most people, at least they have their worthless cryptocoin in their wallet, after the exchange forces them to withdraw it when the coin is delisted.

And finally we come to the 1st layer - your cryptocoin.  I don't think I need to go into all the ways this can fail.  A good percentage of those reading this are probably bagholding at least one coin that imploded.  It's hard enough vetting a coin to see if it has promise, without adding another layer of confusion onto it, and that is what the gold angle does.

As for my credentials in regard to knowledge of gold, I didn't write any of this for you per se.  And like you, I am just some person on the internet.  What do I know, right?  But I have given your stakeholders some very specific warnings and advice, and I'll let that speak for itself.  If they follow the breadcrumbs, they will find the truth, and it will be remarkably close to what I have stated herein.

Nice. The problem is that you are assuming things you would do if you would have to buy and store gold. The thing is, you have ideas from the 50's, when people buying big metal safes, and the bad guys robbing them, stealing the gold out of it. Nowadays, the world's most secured places are Gold Vaults!! There is zero chance that someone break into a gold vault and steal even 1 bar of gold!
I understand that you try to provoke me to loose my temper and give you my info on the gold storage, but it won't happen. After the launch, I will happily write the name of the UK based, assured company, where I can buy and safely store the Gold collected for backing up GoldReserve!

2nd layer, its true for ALL the altcoins around so I do not see where is the red flag here, bitcoin is the same, where could you go if you invest in Bitcoin and you loose everything? Phhfff. 2nd layer, last sentence, no sense at all, who said anything about GoldReserve will magically dissaper from wallets at some point???

3rd layer, true, but its true for each an every altcoin. Do you know any of the devs of any altcoin? No red flag. Again.

1st layer, yes, true again, but every other altcoin can fail as well, this is old news, everybody know that, nothing new here. Again. So no red flag. Again. Gold as a layer of confusion?? Well from your perspective maybe, but for most people Gold as a backup is an assurance that things won't go sideways...

So, just to summarize your warning, you sound exactly like the governments and banks those who issued warnings about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies as risky and bad investment, where you can loose everything...Hmm. Sounds familiar. Where do you work exactly? At the FED?  

tarrytaco

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:07:55 AM

I like the stabilization idea! Will check on this when it's out
Mesterlovesz74 (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:26:42 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2014, 02:53:55 AM by Mesterlovesz74

I don't get the gold gimmick, just use btc. If this were to work this is the only way I see it working. Sell the premine as an ipo, not to your "friends". Btw ipo is an initial  PUBLIC offering. How could you prove you just won't create a few addresses for yourself and claim they are your "friends"? Use a reputable escrow for the ipo. Send the btc to the escrow and have him put up a buy wall at your "bottom" price. 10% for yourself is ridiculous. You would do well at even much less than that. Pay some % to the escrow. Lol @ "fund your coin". How much does it cost to copy and paste???

Thank you for your thoughts, now here is mine:

"just use BTC". I am in for cryptos, but Gold has a steady value, it will grow over time, it's 100% sure. BTC can fluctuate, it even can loose it's value at some point.

You are right, the IPO was the wrong word for it. It was a startup fund and as lately there were a lot of scams, people did not trust anyone they don't know, so thats why my real life friends gave me money and no stranger did.

Yeah, reputable escrow. Well, thanks but no thanks, Mt Gox was a reputable exchange, I do not give my hard earn money to a third party, for me, I am the most reputable person in the World. I am honest and trustworthy and despite all the negative sentiment from some people I will make this coin a great success!

When most of the altcoins launched, there wasn't any answer to the question where would the dev get the money to make this coin a successful one? Will it be a secret premine or a armada of mining rigs would mine that coin for him and then he would sell that...? I have a straight answer for that, it's clearly stated in the first post. You got a problem with that. Hmm. Strange. By the way 10% is the basic commercial commission. I will get that from the premine. No hidden agenda here. That will urge me to improve this coin, taking it further and further, implement new features and dealing with it day by day. If you think I do not deserve that, well, you can't see it right now, but I think for a hard work, man can get a fine salary. Time will tell.

I do not know how much a copy paste cost, are you working in that industry?? Or intend to get a job there?

tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:03:45 AM

GoldReserve now on Coins Source's Launch center

http://www.coinssource.com/coin-launch-center/
kingscrown

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 03:17:05 AM

If something looks too good to be true - it propably is.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: