Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:12:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we make posting 3-10x in a row illegal please?  (Read 1237 times)
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 02:27:11 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 11:42:16 PM by dogie

Here is just ONE example from ONE person: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=633178.msg7131718#msg7131718

I'm only using PG as an example because he posts 10x more than anyone else, but if you look through his post history he continually does it. Rather than editing posts, he will just continue to smash new posts in to boost his count.

The largest post streak I saw him do in hardware was 11 in a row, and around 25 in 30 posts. It just causes spam.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:31:30 AM

I think it's annoying, too. But isn't there a character limit for posts and threads? I think it'll be useful only then, though.
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:32:00 AM

Only issue I have with this is with people who are bumping a thread where they are selling/offering a service. Would you have them delete their old post and repost again...
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 03:20:37 AM

I think it's annoying, too. But isn't there a character limit for posts and threads? I think it'll be useful only then, though.

The limit is very, very, very high. You'll probably never see an overflowed post in a month.

Only issue I have with this is with people who are bumping a thread where they are selling/offering a service. Would you have them delete their old post and repost again...

That is exactly what the rule is. Bump once, after 24 hours you're allowed to bump again, but you should delete the previous bump.

beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:20:57 AM

it wasn't all junk posts, so i don't mind PG doing all that.. i wouldn't read through all of it though.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 03:23:53 AM

it wasn't all junk posts, so i don't mind PG doing all that.. i wouldn't read through all of it though.

They don't need to be junk for it to be spam.... there is no reason he can't edit posts to add more information like the rest of us. That was probably the mildest of his multi posts, just go back through his history. The 11 post streak I remember was literally 2 mins between posts, adding more and more stuff.

I guess for some post count is more important than not spamming everyone else. I have him on ignore but 11 ignores in a row sure takes up half the page.

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:58:48 AM

They don't need to be junk for it to be spam.... there is no reason he can't edit posts to add more information like the rest of us. That was probably the mildest of his multi posts, just go back through his history. The 11 post streak I remember was literally 2 mins between posts, adding more and more stuff.

I guess for some post count is more important than not spamming everyone else. I have him on ignore but 11 ignores in a row sure takes up half the page.

you have something against old man PG? seems like a few around here do, but there's always drama.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 04:15:23 AM

you have something against old man PG? seems like a few around here do, but there's always drama.

Only his posting habits. Its tiresome going into a thread and seeing the sheer amount of spam when he locks his teeth into something.

railzand

Activity: 462

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 06:23:17 AM

Come on, man, it's just a complete clash of styles. You're scientific, he's passionate. We get it.

You really think he cares about post count? Same could be said about you for this whiny thread.

oureptsC

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:39:31 AM

I think of course you can If you have some additional information to add and new post also bumps the topic and It just makes It easier to understand all the content because If you create new posts It shows the time when you created It and also shows the time of previous posts and If you edit the same you'll get only the edited post time. If you have separate ideas to say I think you should make them in different posts but I'm not totally sure If It's not against the rules but I saw a lot of people doing It so I think It is ok.

medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 11:33:28 AM

Posting 3 to 10 comments in a row in not the biggest problem here. I find members nesting layers of quotes within quotes, and/or linking images with quotes, far more annoying. This is a public forum, and we just have to put up with it.  Embarrassed
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 01:23:59 PM

Come on, man, it's just a complete clash of styles. You're scientific, he's passionate. We get it.

You really think he cares about post count? Same could be said about you for this whiny thread.

Absolutely he does. And same could be said for you with your 'buy me' sig.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 01:48:33 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2014, 02:13:41 PM by Bicknellski

Only his posting habits. Its tiresome going into a thread and seeing the sheer amount of spam when he locks his teeth into something.

Ignore <--- works wonders for spammers.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 01:52:02 PM

I know how you feel about ignoring people. When literally it's the whole page which are ignored. That's one of the reasons I stopped ignoring people and removed them from my ignore list. These 'double posts' are ridiculous a simple edit would be much more effective and less irritating.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:05:24 PM

It's really just bad forum etiquette, there's no need to post multiple times when you can just say it all at once.
acs267

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:57:09 PM

Ignore <--- works wonders for spammers.

Never ignored anybody on this forum, or any other forum I've been on. PG contributes tons to BitcoinTalk, like when he said I play with crayons. It would be a waste to ignore him, meaning, ignoring all of his awesome posts.
jeffersonairplane
Legendary

Activity: 1522
Merit: 1000

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:05:22 PM

There is a report feature, can't you just report him for it. To a moderators perspective, I'm sure they can clearly see he is causing spam and clutter to the forums.

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:26:06 PM

I've seen a few people continuously bumping threads with 'bump'. They don't have paid signatures, and in some cases it wasn't even in the marketplace, but it was just as annoying.

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:00:33 AM

If its annoying hit the ignore button, whats so hard about that, I think some people just wanna get others in trouble due to jealousy.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
acs267

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:04:19 AM

If they keep bumping and they're not following the bumping room, I think you can report them for that. But dunno how that's enforced.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: