Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:38:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have people become wealthy before, like with bitcoin?  (Read 4037 times)
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 05:07:13 PM

If bitcoin becomes million dollars each, or litecoin goes for 500$ and dogecoin goes for 1$  the sheer number of fiat millionaires it could create in the world could be thousands..

dogecoin will never go for $1 each. Over 10 trillion dogecoins are mined daily.

The only thing to do with a dogecoin is give it away before it loses value...oh too late, someone just mined a few billion while you were thinking of how to get rid of it.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cuddaloreappu (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:24:00 PM

If bitcoin becomes million dollars each, or litecoin goes for 500$ and dogecoin goes for 1$  the sheer number of fiat millionaires it could create in the world could be thousands..

The only thing to do with a dogecoin is give it away before it loses value...oh too late, someone just mined a few billion while you were thinking of how to get rid of it.

1. only 100 billion doge total
2. mining ends in 2014..

Then watch it go to moon
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 05:36:24 PM

2. mining ends in 2014..

Then watch it go to moon

No, there is an infinite amount that will be created. Billions and billions every year.

So much forks.

So much inflation.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Beyonce

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

Surfbort.

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:37:35 PM

Isnt this thread kind of silly? Many people became rich and many will follow.

2. mining ends in 2014..

Then watch it go to moon

It will never go to the moon, though shibes are desperatly hoping it will.

Bow down, bitches.
cuddaloreappu (OP)

Merit: 502

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:41:43 PM

2. mining ends in 2014..

Then watch it go to moon

No, there is an infinite amount that will be created. Billions and billions every year.

So much forks.

So much inflation.

that is to keep the mining activity running..it is deflationary inflation.

also see when bitcoin could go to 50000+ and have a market ca of trillion dollars and more, it really makes some sense for dogecoin to have a market cap of 100 billion and a value of 1$ per coin
ozycash

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 03:44:46 AM

Is this socially possible? yes lot of people have become lot wealthy with lots of bubbles in past, the dot com bubble is a classical example creating lot of millionaires.

So what happens to the world if millions of millionaires are created all of a sudden?

will governments and rich people who have a lot of influence over the world(like Bilderberg), allow that to happen?
you have to remember that when somebody gains money it means a lot will loose money to pay for that win!

the best faucet instant payment
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:22:37 PM

also see when bitcoin could go to 50000+ and have a market ca of trillion dollars and more, it really makes some sense for dogecoin to have a market cap of 100 billion and a value of 1$ per coin

Bitcoin might reach 50,000+. But that doesn't mean that Doge will go to $1.

Give me a reason. Why you are saying that Doge must hit $1 if BTC hits $50,000?

Doge is just another shameless copycat / counterfeit without any merit over Bitcoin. It will die out, before BTC hits 50k.
TheGambler

Activity: 101

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:24:36 PM

the doubts of this happening are high
dogecoin to $1?

We could only imagine what would happen to fiat currency

If any of the events occurred, we could expect immediate adaption to digital currency.
TheTruth4

Activity: 108

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 06:14:01 PM

"There will be blood"
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 06:57:17 PM

Is this socially possible? yes lot of people have become lot wealthy with lots of bubbles in past, the dot com bubble is a classical example creating lot of millionaires.

So what happens to the world if millions of millionaires are created all of a sudden?

will governments and rich people who have a lot of influence over the world(like Bilderberg), allow that to happen?

There's roughly 12 million people in the world who are "millionaires."  So adding a few thousand more could happen but it will be via the accumulation of a large sum of Bitcoin, not from Bitcoin reaching $1 million each.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
chaosPT

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 06:59:05 PM

There's roughly 12 million people in the world who are "millionaires."  So adding a few thousand more could happen but it will be via the accumulation of a large sum of Bitcoin, not from Bitcoin reaching $1 million each.

Thing is you have to hold these coin until don know when ...
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 07:17:11 PM

I 'got rich' sort of in the dotcom bubble.  I was up $1/2M in three months on stock options, but was not vested.  At 6 months when I was vested, things had crashed.  With this company I was post IPO and a tiny fry compared to most of my peers.  Many of them bought expensive shit (e.g., any home on the peninsula near Si Valley) but deferred selling to pay taxes and took a severe beating.

Although I missed the theoretical potential to capitalize, I probably would have missed it due to my own ignorance at that time.  I did, however, learn a few things from the grief of others:

- Big money comes out of the pockets of the class who are behind hedge funds (and the lesser investor money they can corral.)

- Roll out at opportune times to lock in gains.  There will be plenty of entities who have the will and ability to put ones gains into their own pockets.  They do, however, need time to arrange this.

- Don't get into a situation where one's hand is forced.

I've applied all of these lessons to my experience with Bitcoin and have no regrets so far.  If I had a crystal ball I'd have done some things differently to be sure, but I've so far not made any plays that I regret.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Mrrr

Activity: 617
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 07:40:11 PM

I have a 19th century ancestor (a scrub farmer) who invested a small inheritance into the Russian Railways. By 1917 the family was looking for a nice colonial plantation in Argentine but then the Russian Revolution came. The family is still recovering from that disaster Smiley The papers are kept as a family heirloom. A reminder of what could have been. Perhaps in 100 years my offspring will pass along my wallet.dat in the same fashion Smiley

burp...
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 07:49:01 PM

I have a 19th century ancestor (a scrub farmer) who invested a small inheritance into the Russian Railways. By 1917 the family was looking for a nice colonial plantation in Argentine but then the Russian Revolution came. The family is still recovering from that disaster Smiley The papers are kept as a family heirloom. A reminder of what could have been. Perhaps in 100 years my offspring will pass along my wallet.dat in the same fashion Smiley

Well, they missed out on the opportunity to participate in ethnically cleansing that part of the world and supporting death squads decades later.  Perhaps things worked out of the best.  It's a subjective thing based on personal ethics I suppose.

- edit:  The above funded by exploitation of their peers in Mother Russia I might add.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Mrrr

Activity: 617
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 10:04:52 PM

Well, they missed out on the opportunity to participate in ethnically cleansing that part of the world and supporting death squads decades later.  Perhaps things worked out of the best.  It's a subjective thing based on personal ethics I suppose.

- edit:  The above funded by exploitation of their peers in Mother Russia I might add.

What have you been smoking?

burp...
TaunSew

Merit: 506

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:18:01 PM

Only 20 people invested the full amount into the NxT IPO, and that 20 was probably half sockpuppets or more due to how obscure it was.

If NxT hits billions then there'll be new billionaires.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 12:52:24 AM

i dont think that is a problem
bitcoin is not more than google or microsoft currently and that enterprises are hold by three people
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:12:22 AM

Only 20 people invested the full amount into the NxT IPO, and that 20 was probably half sockpuppets or more due to how obscure it was.

If NxT hits billions then there'll be new billionaires.

NXT is starting to get interesting to me. I am kind of waiting to see if there is a dump after all the pumping.

ozycash

Activity: 288

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 08:58:46 AM

the term millionaire means nothing in todays economy it meant something in the past when only a few people could reach that ammount, but today at least 1 person every day becomes a millionaire it means nothing!

the best faucet instant payment
ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:15:09 AM

Every hyperinflation that happened created some millionairs in very very short time. Hyperinflations, even tho they are really bad for 99.99%, those that have means and assets can earn shitload much more than in no hyperinflation situations.

Dogecoin needs no comment...it's life has beed mistery to me ever since i saw it first time. Wondering how it didint already die...

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: