Bitcoin Forum
July 30, 2024, 02:27:12 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning: Tradehill may block you from withdrawing your money!  (Read 1170 times)
bitcoingod12 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 04:21:57 PM

I didn't see info about this ANYWHERE before I contacted them directly, and after almost two days they finally answered.

Tradehill will, without warning you or notifying you, refuse withdrawals and request AML verification if you go over $10000 in transfers, both deposits and withdrawals, even on BTC transfers.

Good job keeping my cash then. There's NO WAY I'm giving my personal information to an exchange that is not even functioning anymore.
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 04:57:33 PM

Tradehill will, without warning you or notifying you, refuse withdrawals and request AML verification if you go over $10000 in transfers, both deposits and withdrawals, even on BTC transfers.

that is standard aml compliance.

it isn't apparent how exactly this happened to become common but when people came to understand that bitcoin can be used anonymously that somehow they interpreted this to mean that the bitcoin exchanges can be used anonymously as well.
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 05:22:12 PM

Do they comment on that? I mean, seriously, one should not be able to just lock other peoples' money. Then again, it seems they're bankrupt, I guess anything goes there?

"Standard AML compliance" my ass, tell people beforehand. "I suddenly decided to either get information from you, or else I steal your money" is unacceptable. It can't be that hard to issue a warning before magical rule-changes happen.

The way Mtgox does it is working fine. You get limits on throughput, and depending on how much they should be raised, different levels of verification are needed. That doesn't produce any unpleasant surprises, but still limits anonymous accounts effectively.
playitoff2577

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 05:09:46 AM

I just recieved a message saying this as well, I cant afford to not upload the documents, even though this is ridiculous response time and I cant belive how long I am waiting.... the message mentioned it to me after my funds were in process for about 2 weeks....
Miner612

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

FPGA convert

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 05:42:54 AM

I hear some pool is going to take over Trade Hill and change it all around and make it really good.

I buy and sell GPUs, most 5850s and 7970s. 
jimzolorenzo@gmail.com  -- Make an offer.
http://myworld.ebay.com/i_buy_5850s  -- current inventory
I have a couple bare bone mining rigs for sale as well.

--------------

I bought silver from [ccliu] 5 star transaction!
I bought silver from [TECSHARE] -- shipping still
playitoff2577

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 01:06:26 PM

This is horrible, I have been about 3 weeks now to withdraw my funds which is just over 6300 USD $. Tradehill support team just recently contacted me about AML documents and were having pretty decent response times, I uploaded the documents than right after that they have lost contact for 3 days and counting.... this is horrible... I really need access to those funds immedietely...
playitoff2577

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 12:42:54 AM

Just updating.. recieved it today, thank you Tradehill and hope you guys recover from what happened.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: