Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:48:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Announce] bitcoinmonitor.net - Free professional notification/payment service  (Read 19463 times)
Herbert (OP)

Activity: 488
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 06:58:12 PM

Site had some load issues the last 24 hours, so you might have received notifications slower than usual. Somehow bitcoind was eating up CPU like crazy. Restarted it this evening and everything seems back to normal.

www.bitcoinmonitor.net - Free payment notification via email, newsfeed, xpmm/jabber, url callback and full API access!
Send SMS with www.txt4coins.net! No registration, pay-per-use, full API access, bulk messages - All inclusive!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2012, 08:13:46 PM

FYI - Site has run out of diskspace sometime this morning  Sad.
I could not react immediately on monitoring alert as I was not at home, so for some hours the service was not working.
Everything is back up and running since today afternoon ~15:00 german time. All missed blocks/transactions are processed in the meantime and the site is fully operational again.
Sorry for the inconvinience Undecided

www.bitcoinmonitor.net - Free payment notification via email, newsfeed, xpmm/jabber, url callback and full API access!
Send SMS with www.txt4coins.net! No registration, pay-per-use, full API access, bulk messages - All inclusive!
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2012, 03:29:25 AM

What do you put in the box for XMPP notification? Your Google Talk email address?

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2012, 09:57:41 AM

What do you put in the box for XMPP notification? Your Google Talk email address?
Yep, that should work. You can generate test xmpp messages on the support pages.

TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2012, 10:39:54 AM

I did that, tested it after adding "bitcoinmonitor@jabber.org" to my contact list (GTalk was already set to allow messages from everyone), and no message was received, even though the site generated an event number or something.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2012, 12:12:49 PM

Hmm, I need to check this later today when I am at home.

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2012, 08:05:21 PM

Hmm, I need to check this later today when I am at home.
Hmm, I don't know what the problem might be. I could successfully send a test message to my own jabber account (made a fresh test account at einfachjabber.de). Also checked the logs and your test message was sent out without any error.
Maybe still some setting not right on Google side?

TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2012, 09:29:21 PM

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 03:40:44 PM

Sorry, I have no idea if these settings are correct or not. Maybe you can try it with a different xmpp/jabber account (get one for free from jabber.org) to see if it is a google-talk specific issue?

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2012, 05:22:38 AM

I'm trying to get a PHP script to read the test http call back.

having some trouble, i tried to dump the $_POST and $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA into a file when the call back script is hit,

and it is hit but i always get null in the POST data.

what am i doing wrong?

anyone have some PHP examples working with bitcoinmonitor?

mcorlett
Donator

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 09:04:22 AM

I'm trying to get a PHP script to read the test http call back.

having some trouble, i tried to dump the $_POST and $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA into a file when the call back script is hit,

and it is hit but i always get null in the POST data.

what am i doing wrong?

anyone have some PHP examples working with bitcoinmonitor?
Code:
json_decode(file_get_contents('php://input'))

mrvision

Activity: 527

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 09:54:01 PM

Friendly note: PHP's support for grabbing the raw POST data is spotty - I solved it with:
file_get_contents('php://input')

You can manipulate the object however you'd like from there.

Thank you so much for this!!!

From that code i did this just for testing.
<?php
ob_start();
print_r(file_get_contents('php://input')); // This is where you have the object: file_get_contents('php://input')
$string = ob_get_contents();
ob_end_clean();
$fp = fopen('data.txt', 'w');
fwrite($fp,$string );
fclose($fp);
?>

This will save the JSON into data.txt
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2012, 04:05:20 AM

Friendly note: PHP's support for grabbing the raw POST data is spotty - I solved it with:
file_get_contents('php://input')

You can manipulate the object however you'd like from there.

Thank you so much for this!!!

From that code i did this just for testing.
<?php
ob_start();
print_r(file_get_contents('php://input')); // This is where you have the object: file_get_contents('php://input')
$string = ob_get_contents();
ob_end_clean();
$fp = fopen('data.txt', 'w');
fwrite($fp,$string );
fclose($fp);
?>

This will save the JSON into data.txt

thank you, i will give this a try soon.

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2012, 12:26:11 PM

Site is having some serious troubles at the moment. Had to do a hard restart and waiting for it to come up again...

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2012, 02:49:36 PM

System is up and running again, currently catching up missed transactions.
But, guys, please stop monitoring of 1dice... Addresses! This creates such a high number of notification events that the current hardware is at its limits. And at the moment I have no ressources (time and money) to scale up and move to bigger hardware.
So for now i removed all Satoshidice addresses from the system. I hope I don't need to implement a bitcoin address blacklist  Grin

TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2012, 08:55:11 PM

How easy is it to blacklist 1dice*?

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 09:24:31 PM

How easy is it to blacklist 1dice*?

That will also blacklist non-satoshidice addresses who start with that same pattern
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2012, 11:20:42 PM

How many of those are actively in use?

mrvision

Activity: 527

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 03:35:41 AM

System is up and running again, currently catching up missed transactions.
But, guys, please stop monitoring of 1dice... Addresses! This creates such a high number of notification events that the current hardware is at its limits. And at the moment I have no ressources (time and money) to scale up and move to bigger hardware.
So for now i removed all Satoshidice addresses from the system. I hope I don't need to implement a bitcoin address blacklist  Grin

Thank you Herbert for your site. Its great! As soon as my service starts generating profit i'll send you a donation. I need bitcoinmonitor always up!! Smiley
BTW, i think you should have a 'premium account' (a cheap one) so you don't run out of money.
Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2013, 08:29:36 PM

Functionality/Security update:
Starting immediately bitcoinmonitor.net agents will NOT trigger 0-confirmation notifications on transactions which have a locktime set. Notifications for transactions with locktime will only trigger when the transaction gets a first confirmation.
The change is fully backwards-compatible: If you have an agent setup to notify on 0 confirmations you will get 2 notifications as soon as the transaction gets a confirmation: First for status "unconfirmed", followed by "one confirmation".

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: