Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:46:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Resolved] A1BitcoinPool Complaint  (Read 13158 times)
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 10:33:40 AM

OK. As said tens of times here is what I am owed on the PPS 120% offer ( not proportional ) :

I mined for him a total of 205501 shares ( this was 2 days before he supposedly got hacked ; I stopped mining 2 days before the hack because my router broke )

He last paid me at 184168 shares.

He owes me 21333 shares at rate ( 60 / 1,379,647 = 0.000043489385328276 ) so total of 0.92775905 BTC.

Proof I submitted 205501 shares right here : http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Lr_rRazJ9zoJ:www.a1bitcoinpool.com/stats.php

Address is 1M1Eo8upubkEmCqmhnMvVMfEyQiYbCXxKS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
A1BITCOINPOOL

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 12:13:47 PM

As far as recovering the database, it's not possible.  Whoever hacked the server changed the password to the database.  There is now way of getting in.  
Um. Lol? Unless it was encrypted, all you need to do is reset the password.

EDIT: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/resetting-permissions.html

Taken the technical "knowledge" he has shown so far there's no way he encrypted the password. And finding the above link shouldn't take more then 10 seconds if you actually search for it. So, yet another lie.

I'm waiting for the admin to let me know if the database is still on the server.  If it is then I will try the method above to retrieve the database.  If its not the server then there is nothing I can do.

jake262144

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 12:39:17 PM

I'm waiting for the admin to let me know if the database is still on the server.  If it is then I will try the method above to retrieve the database.  If its not the server then there is nothing I can do.
Bullshit.
Frankly, I'm horrified at the fact that an individual without any technical expertise is reckless enough to offer pool services.
How can you operate any service when it's clear you don't even know what you're doing??
How dare you offer such disaster-waiting-to-happen to other users?
You can't even argue this was the first time you tried to run a pool...

Occam's razor seems to support the hypothesis that this was a fraud from day one:
an incompetent can't expect to operate a pool successfully but (with outside help) they might be able to run it just long enough to steal some bitcoins and raise the false flag O noes, I've been hacked!

The fact you even copypasted the A1 sauce logo doesn't support your case either...
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 12:42:57 PM

As far as recovering the database, it's not possible.  Whoever hacked the server changed the password to the database.  There is now way of getting in.  
Um. Lol? Unless it was encrypted, all you need to do is reset the password.

EDIT: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/resetting-permissions.html

Taken the technical "knowledge" he has shown so far there's no way he encrypted the password. And finding the above link shouldn't take more then 10 seconds if you actually search for it. So, yet another lie.
Encrypting the password doesn't matter - it would only be an issue if the data in the database was encrypted.
Does ANYONE actually do that?
Does MySQL even have that as an option?

I don't know coz I can't stand MySQL, it's a cheap-ass, crappy, LQ database that started off as a text file and even now still lets you read and write text files while still claiming that it's a database.
Damn, I was using Digital Rdb back in the late 1980's/early 90's up to just before Oracle bought it from Digital and that is still better than MySQL today ... IMO.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Pontius

Activity: 225

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 12:43:34 PM

I'm waiting for the admin to let me know if the database is still on the server.  If it is then I will try the method above to retrieve the database.  If its not the server then there is nothing I can do.

Uh? A few post ago you said the database password is the problem. Now that rjk showed you how to solve this issue (very easily) all over sudden the database itself is the problem??? You must be kidding. Let me guess your next post:

The database is gone and ...
  • your restore doesn't work
  • the "hacker" deleted your backup too
  • you never had a backup

I need more popcorn. This guy is epic... *facepalm*

kano
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 12:44:27 PM

I'm waiting for the admin to let me know if the database is still on the server.  If it is then I will try the method above to retrieve the database.  If its not the server then there is nothing I can do.
Bullshit.
Frankly, I'm horrified at the fact that an individual without any technical expertise is reckless enough to offer pool services.
How can you operate any service when it's clear you don't even know what you're doing??
How dare you offer such disaster-waiting-to-happen to other users?
You can't even argue this was the first time you tried to run a pool...

Occam's razor seems to support the hypothesis that this was a fraud from day one:
an incompetent can't expect to operate a pool successfully but (with outside help) they might be able to run it just long enough to steal some bitcoins and raise the false flag O noes, I've been hacked!

The fact you even copypasted the A1 sauce logo doesn't support your case either...
Um, you did read what others had to say about A1 and it's predecessor before joining right?
Obviously not Tongue

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
jake262144

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 12:44:54 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2012, 06:00:36 PM by jake262144

I don't know coz I can't stand MySQL, it's a cheap-ass, crappy, LQ database...
sed 's/database/debacle/'
There, I fixed it for you

Um, you did read what others had to say about A1 and it's predecessor before joining right?
Obviously not Tongue
What did "the Others" have to say? Other than "We're gonna have to take the boy", that is? Cheesy
You mean in this topic? DAT called A1 a thief and a bunch of miners have not been paid.
Since there are no bitcoin laws yet our only weapon is whiplash. I'm being generous with mine.

The sob story about blocks not registering with the pool db and hiring not one, not two but three programmers... come on, get serious. Those must have been the coders responsible for Vista, laid off by Microsoft and with no hopes of finding work.
Pontius

Activity: 225

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 01:15:45 PM

[...]
You mean in this topic? DAT called A1 a thief and a bunch of miners have not been paid.

No, try these threads

Original A1-Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=58879.msg694385#msg694385
TNT Mining: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54970.msg654149#msg654149
kano
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 01:20:27 PM

I don't know coz I can't stand MySQL, it's a cheap-ass, crappy, LQ database...
sed 's/database/debacle/'
There, I fixed it for you

Obviously not Tongue
What did "the Others" have to say? Other than "We're gonna have to take the boy", that is? Cheesy
Since there are no bitcoin laws yet our only weapon is whiplash. I'm dishing out mine generously.
back here - by the time you get to page 3 it should have made anyone wonder about using this pool - though some of those where using it anyway Huh
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=58879.0

Edit: I was too slow searching oh well

bulanula

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 02:01:27 PM

Still did not get my 0.93 BTC back Sad

I think you guys bashing him are not helping much ...
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 02:03:15 PM

Did you read?  He owed 120 BTC he intends to pay 20 BTC of that.  Even if he is being honest your expectation wouldn't be 0.93 it would be 0.93 * (20/120) = 0.155 BTC. 

Will you be happy with 0.155 BTC? Is that helpful?  Should people stop "bashing" a scammer now?
bulanula

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 03:35:35 PM

Did you read?  He owed 120 BTC he intends to pay 20 BTC of that.  Even if he is being honest your expectation wouldn't be 0.93 it would be 0.93 * (20/120) = 0.155 BTC. 

Will you be happy with 0.155 BTC? Is that helpful?  Should people stop "bashing" a scammer now?

Yeah. All I know is that I mined on the PPS offer. In the "contract" he stated that for every share I will be paid regardless if a block is found or not ...

The 20 BTC limit is for the proportional guys AFAIK. For proportional the terms are different. He claims no blocks were found but 2 clearly were found so I am like Huh
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 03:38:25 PM

Yeah. All I know is that I mined on the PPS offer. In the "contract" he stated that for every share I will be paid regardless if a block is found or not ...

The 20 BTC limit is for the proportional guys AFAIK. For proportional the terms are different. He claims no blocks were found but 2 clearly were found so I am like Huh

In that case I will shut up until after you (and hopefully everyone else) get paid.  Smiley

.... after the post below.  Promise last post.
A1BITCOINPOOL

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 03:39:12 PM

I guess you haven read anything on this post before you comment.  Miners who mined pps are going to get pps, miners who mined prop will get prop.  
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 03:41:11 PM

I guess you haven read anything on this post before you comment.  Miners who mined pps are going to get pps, miners who mined prop will get prop. 

100% in full?
A1BITCOINPOOL

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 03:45:09 PM

I'm done explaining to you.  You didnt mine anything on this pool and your commenting without reading my posts.  You can label me a scammer, I am going to label you an idiot DeathandTaxes=idiot.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 05:24:57 PM

Did you read?  He owed 120 BTC he intends to pay 20 BTC of that. 
Not quite. A good portion of that is owed to himself. Running the numbers, 20 BTC seems about right, assuming that he was telling the truth about the number of shares that have already been payed out.

Unless there is a compelling reason to change that number, as the investigating staff member in the scammer investigation, I am ruling that 20 btc is fair to all parties and that if it is paid out in a reasonable manner, he won't receive the scammer tag.

bulanula

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 05:33:03 PM

Did you read?  He owed 120 BTC he intends to pay 20 BTC of that. 
Not quite. A good portion of that is owed to himself. Running the numbers, 20 BTC seems about right, assuming that he was telling the truth about the number of shares that have already been payed out.

Unless there is a compelling reason to change that number, as the investigating staff member in the scammer investigation, I am ruling that 20 btc is fair to all parties and that if it is paid out in a reasonable manner, he won't receive the scammer tag.

Well I think for 120% PPS it is pretty clear cut. I am owed 21333 shares so about 0.93 BTC and I will be 100% happy.

It is much less clear cut for the proportional offer, however.
legolouman

Activity: 504

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 08:58:43 PM

I still haven't been paid.

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 09:03:50 PM

I still haven't been paid.
Same here

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: