Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:38:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LTC (scrypt) Cell miner  (Read 2181 times)
shakti (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 11:34:13 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2012, 12:16:06 AM by shakti

I've forked ssvb's cell-miner and with some small tweaks made it a bit faster.

Everyone who needs it can get it on https://github.com/shakt1/cpuminer

I've Used PS3 (Slim) firmware 3.55, OtherOS++ installed, debian ppc 64 bit.

miner makes around 45 kh/s running with 7 SPU-threads (kernel parameter for enabling 7. SPU is on) consuming ~70-75 Watt
well , have fun

The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MasTi

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2012, 01:35:45 PM

Servus shakti Cool

nice to hear from you again with such wonderful news  Smiley Keep up the good work!

I managed to get a copy of your old repo at https://github.com/shakt1/cpuminer_cell before you deleted it and replaced it with the new one.  Grin

This (old) version works fine* (~45 kh/s) and only this version was a fork of ssvb's miner if you are honest. The actual version in your (new) repo is a fork of pooler's miner including ssvb's cell optimizations.

I am also able to compile this new version but it actually gives me nothing more than a "Bus error" if I try to start it.
spu-gcc just gives me a warning that it will ignore the #pragma unroll in scrypt-simd-helpers.h at line 170 and 4 warnings about unused variables.
Based on our last chat I assume you are using the latest version of spu-gcc which seems to be 4.6 on debian sid.
I tried to compile it with gcc 4.4.6 and spu-gcc version 4.3, 4.4, 4.5 and 4.6.2 - always the same problem: "Bus error"!
However ssvb's and your old version compiles and works like a charm with all compiler versions! So I am quite sure I have all dependencies installed. (e.g. libspe2-dev) I also have the "full/real" libjansson package installed with aptitude.

I really have no idea what is going wrong on here... Any ideas?! Any hint?! Any help is highly appreciated!

PS3 Fat, CFW 3.55, debian sid, geoff kernel (2.6.39-gd49d156) for the ability to enable the 7th SPU...

By the way:
- Does spu-top show anything for you if the miner is running? Over here, it does not!
- Does the timeout for automatic booting a selection in petitboot work for you? Over here it also does not!
- Does petitboot show you a "System going down" message for a few seconds _before_ it boots into the specified kernel? Over here it does, however it did not show this message with another CFW... You are running the rebug 3.55.2, right?
- Could you get rid of the mysterious kernel panics you were mentioning last time? I only run into a kernel panic on exiting (Strg+C) the miner with the original debian kernel (all versions) on all miner versions. With geoff's kernel I do not have any panics at all!

By the way: If anyone is interested in a "HOW-TO get minerd running on a PS3" just say it and I will give my best to write and publish a HOW-TO!

greetz,
MasTi

* I noticed about 1-2 times a day that one of the SPU threads just stops working and starts flooding the console with 0.00 khash messages... do you noticed similar behavior on your PS3? I wrote a simple watchdog script to manage this problem by checking the console output and restarting the miner if necessary....

I uploaded the watchdog script here:
http://pastebin.com/3GSHuJz5
1. Download
2. Edit pool details
3. rename it to .sh
4. make it executable
5. place it in the minerd folder
6. fire and forget
7. ... (wait & watch)
8. Profit Cheesy
ElStupido

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:13:36 PM

Hello guys,

I know this thread is 5 years old but i'm actually wondering if cellminer (any version) is able to mine Monero?
I didn't fine any alternative altcoin miners for ps3.
Can anyone light me up?

also, can't find the original post by ssbv

Consider that I already know it'll be low but just want to win a bet with a friend (mining monero on ps3 is possible)

thanks for your reply
nice day all

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: