Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:53:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SolidCoin USD price hits new high  (Read 6518 times)
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 02:24:55 AM

Sorry, it's hard to keep up with all the flip flopping. One minute they're unspendable...

Actually it's 10 wallets, each with 1.2 million. And since the coins are unspendable...

The next minute they're spendable...

We've already discussed this and I told you it was possible to make them spendable

Block reward changes randomly from 32 to 5 to .07.

Etc.

Is there any part of SolidCoin that isn't susceptible to your whims?

Buy & Hold
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 03:52:45 AM

Sorry, it's hard to keep up with all the flip flopping. One minute they're unspendable...

Actually it's 10 wallets, each with 1.2 million. And since the coins are unspendable...

We've already discussed this and I told you it was possible to make them spendable

Etc.

The bugs.  Grin

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 05:58:21 AM

So I am sitting in a strategy meeting with the Marketing team for a Fortune 300 company last Thursday, which I have been introducing to the concept of integrating cryptocurrency. Obviously in the interest of full disclosure, and looking for the very best implementation of this new transaction model we discuss not only bitcoin, but the alt coins as well.

Imagine the secure and confident feeling built up in a potential massive business adopter when they become aware of a coin-leader who has absolute control over the economy of that coin and has to post a "Myths" page about his coin. Then look at his abusive, insulting and juvenile approach to dealing with the realities of market adoption and integration into an actual functioning economy.

Want to guess how long it took to strike a red line through SC as a potential talking point? Less than five seconds. Including debate.

No business is going to accept a means of payment that is controlled by a lunatic who proclaims he wants to overthrow governments, destroy the system, and thinks he can manipulate the world economy by press release. They don't even spend the time to laugh at how pathetic this is, they just dismiss it instantly.

I think you lost everyone at "So I am sitting in a strategy meeting". No one as hot headed and as stupid as you has as much say as you think you do. You're probably 16, playing Fifa manager thinking you're some pro executive type. Welcome to the real world.

Gosh, CH/RS am I supposed to take you seriously because you can use big words like "hot-headed" and "stupid"? 52, actually, know that FIFA is all caps, even in the video game version, and actually AM involved in Business Development for a real company that is traded on a real stock exchange where I have significant influence. But if it makes you feel better to call your betters stupid, go right ahead. That will certainly help the adoption cycle for your little pet coin.

The entire community has tried to explain to you the basis for why your concept, your attitude and your lying ways make your "coin" unpalatable to the world as a whole. If you had actually taken the time to read my post you would have found actionable information that would help. Instead you glanced, saw that it was written by one of the "haters" and rushed to embarrass yourself with a childish taunt.

Which, like most everything you post, proves the point that you are the single worst thing about your silly little coin.
CoinHunter (OP)

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 06:14:06 AM

Gosh, CH/RS am I supposed to take you seriously because you can use big words like "hot-headed" and "stupid"? 52, actually, know that FIFA is all caps, even in the video game version, and actually AM involved in Business Development for a real company that is traded on a real stock exchange where I have significant influence. But if it makes you feel better to call your betters stupid, go right ahead. That will certainly help the adoption cycle for your little pet coin.

The entire community has tried to explain to you the basis for why your concept, your attitude and your lying ways make your "coin" unpalatable to the world as a whole. If you had actually taken the time to read my post you would have found actionable information that would help. Instead you glanced, saw that it was written by one of the "haters" and rushed to embarrass yourself with a childish taunt.

Which, like most everything you post, proves the point that you are the single worst thing about your silly little coin.

Firstly you have shown yourself as an idiot on prior occasions, that is lacking intelligence, and you also have shown yourself to be someone hot headed who flies off the handle and would rather create drama than debate. If someone like you is working for a company in the "upper reaches", I don't care what company it is, we do not want your business. Your company is obviously steps away from failure or scamming others with people like you in charge. All under the presumption you are actually have a job because with the way you portray yourself I don't see how anyone cannot see you as anything other than a pimply nosed teenager with a bad attitude. This last post of yours is the most coherent I've seen of you, obviously trying to act the part now I guess.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 09:26:16 AM

hey RS, answer this.

Etc.

LoupGaroux

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 03:07:58 PM

Firstly you have shown yourself as an idiot on prior occasions, that is lacking intelligence, and you also have shown yourself to be someone hot headed who flies off the handle and would rather create drama than debate. If someone like you is working for a company in the "upper reaches", I don't care what company it is, we do not want your business. Your company is obviously steps away from failure or scamming others with people like you in charge. All under the presumption you are actually have a job because with the way you portray yourself I don't see how anyone cannot see you as anything other than a pimply nosed teenager with a bad attitude. This last post of yours is the most coherent I've seen of you, obviously trying to act the part now I guess.

I think the saddest part about your post, indeed your entire philosophy, is that you think the place of a currency is to deign to select those businesses worthy to offer themselves to you for consideration. Imagine a world where anyone looking to make a transaction had to be accepted into the "club" to be able to exchange his tokens for the other fellow's widgets. Is it conceivable to you that such a condition might create a barrier to wider adoption? Does it seem that maybe the brand of token, or even the flavor of the token, might not be better to be unimportant, as it really has nothing to do with the exchange?

The purpose of any currency is to facilitate exchange. It is easier to use tokens of value than to haul different units of barter around in the back of a truck whenever one needs to make an exchange. Having any currency controlled by a cabal, or an abusive and seemingly irrational spokesperson, is not a formula to encourage others to use it. Neither is having a stated philosophy of opposition to government, law and order.

Apparently discussing this fact, teasing you about this this fact, openly insulting your intelligence and beating you over the head with this fact, and publicly proclaiming the fact through analysis of the continuous failure of your pet project, has not educated you on the basics of a transactional model.

Coming to a functional currency screaming that your project is going to rule the world, and now, simply due to manipulation by you and your confederates, an insignificant spike in value happened for a matter of minutes doesn't change the simple fact that your premise is fatally flawed. Nobody, no individual, no business, no body politic and certainly no economy, wants to use a means of exchange that can be manipulated by a single entity with anger management issues, an inconsistent approach to value, rigid and secretive centralized control, and a theoretical half-life of 534 years to be able to do anything about changing any of it.

Did you consider for a moment that creating an artificial spike might actually frighten businesses away? Did it occur to the brain trust behind SC that showing a business in such an obvious way that the value of your tokens can be manipulated with pocket change and that the underlying economy of your token is based on demand equal to the value of a clapped-out 1992 Chevy Impala with two flat tires in toto, might not be the best approach?

Didn't think so.

So have fun with your comp-sci class project. Revel in those fantasies that you will one day rule the world economy, and that supermodels will come knocking just to bask in the radiance of your Uncle Scrooge stash of ShortBusCoin.
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 03:34:58 PM

I think the saddest part about your post, indeed your entire philosophy, is that you think the place of a currency is to deign to select those businesses worthy to offer themselves to you for consideration. Imagine a world where anyone looking to make a transaction had to be accepted into the "club" to be able to exchange his tokens for the other fellow's widgets. Is it conceivable to you that such a condition might create a barrier to wider adoption? Does it seem that maybe the brand of token, or even the flavor of the token, might not be better to be unimportant, as it really has nothing to do with the exchange?

The purpose of any currency is to facilitate exchange. It is easier to use tokens of value than to haul different units of barter around in the back of a truck whenever one needs to make an exchange. Having any currency controlled by a cabal, or an abusive and seemingly irrational spokesperson, is not a formula to encourage others to use it. Neither is having a stated philosophy of opposition to government, law and order.

Apparently discussing this fact, teasing you about this this fact, openly insulting your intelligence and beating you over the head with this fact, and publicly proclaiming the fact through analysis of the continuous failure of your pet project, has not educated you on the basics of a transactional model.

Coming to a functional currency screaming that your project is going to rule the world, and now, simply due to manipulation by you and your confederates, an insignificant spike in value happened for a matter of minutes doesn't change the simple fact that your premise is fatally flawed. Nobody, no individual, no business, no body politic and certainly no economy, wants to use a means of exchange that can be manipulated by a single entity with anger management issues, an inconsistent approach to value, rigid and secretive centralized control, and a theoretical half-life of 534 years to be able to do anything about changing any of it.

Did you consider for a moment that creating an artificial spike might actually frighten businesses away? Did it occur to the brain trust behind SC that showing a business in such an obvious way that the value of your tokens can be manipulated with pocket change and that the underlying economy of your token is based on demand equal to the value of a clapped-out 1992 Chevy Impala with two flat tires in toto, might not be the best approach?

Didn't think so.

So have fun with your comp-sci class project. Revel in those fantasies that you will one day rule the world economy, and that supermodels will come knocking just to bask in the radiance of your Uncle Scrooge stash of ShortBusCoin.

Firstly you don't know me or the people associated with SolidCoin, at all. Secondly if you had more posts like this one and the last one people wouldn't think you are a retard. Either you post drunk or you're bipolar. Stick to more intelligent posts and criticism and people that matter may think you have something to say.

Personally I think you don't give two shits about SolidCoin or helping a project that is against the existing system. If you did you would be in the #solidcoin channel or the forum with your questions to educate yourself, and not openly trolling and spreading FUD like you were in previous posts.

We can't control who wants to do business in SolidCoins, it's obviously going to attract a wide segment of humanity due to the features we possess. Not wanting retards is just a philosophical thing I would prefer, doesn't mean I'm delusional to think it will happen.

LoupGaroux

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 04:56:18 PM

Sorry, sport, but we have all seen what happens to folks who question anything in your precious forum or channel. And quite frankly, the identity that I have used in the past in your community has allowed me to "learn" anything I need to about your philosophy, your programming ethics and ability, and your approach to working with others. That identity is still live, and if I ever need to verify anything, I can always pop round and study the train wreck at the source.

However, I find no need to spend any bandwidth on your little project. You are loud enough for anyone to see everything they need to see from any distance. You have made it more than abundantly clear what your approach is, and where your thoughts lie in terms of working with others, following the law, respecting others work, implementing software licensing, defining open source, integrity, honesty, and how to market your poorly crafted derivative currency. And, to the vast majority of people who have to suffer through your grand mal seizures of exposition, there is nothing worth implementing, and nothing acceptable about your approach.

You might be well served by stopping and reading your posts out loud before hitting the post button. Or perhaps listening to the scores of your previous devotees who have jumped ship and have publicly denounced you, your megalomaniacal ways, and the dishonest manner in which you have manipulated your coin.

And seriously, you and three sock-puppets does not a wide segment of humanity constitute. In spite of your militant stance against "retards" you might be wise to cultivate support in the intellectually challenged community. They might have fun playing with your worthless manipu-coins. Or you can stick with that arrogant attitude- perhaps your philosophy of exclusion extends to Jews, homosexuals and Gypsies? There is a historical precedent for dramatically schizophrenic madmen seeking to exclude groups that don't fit their image of perfection.

There, a Godwin lollipop for you to suck on.
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 05:28:53 PM

We can't control who wants to do business in SolidCoins, it's obviously going to attract a wide segment of humanity due to the features we possess. Not wanting retards is just a philosophical thing I would prefer, doesn't mean I'm delusional to think it will happen.
delusion of grandeur.

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 06:22:19 PM

Personally I think you don't give two shits about SolidCoin or helping a project that is against the existing system. If you did you would be in the #solidcoin channel or the forum with your questions to educate yourself, and not openly trolling and spreading FUD like you were in previous posts.

You ban anyone who disagrees with you. You ban them from all sites and channels you control. This is the only place where actual discussion can proceed about Solidcoin (not that there is much to discuss anymore). I seem to recall you saying that your development discussions rarely have arguments. Well that is what happens when you shitcan anyone who disagrees with you. All you have left are a bunch of yes men who automatically agree with everything you say. Must do wonders for inflating your ego. Your "devs" know if you snap on them, they will lose their tyrant nodes, forum accounts, access to #solidcoin and their wallet account will be blacklisted in the next client release. I use devs in quotes because at this point it is just a pump and dump scheme rather than a cryptocurrency.

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 03:02:14 AM

@K9

Why do you insist on throwing facts at that retard, he simply ignores reality.  Grin Grin Grin

Please don't call CoinHunter a retard. He's, on the contrary, /EXTREMELY/ intelligent. Why, says so right here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=15672.msg381911#msg381911

(On an unrelated note, Mitt Romney is severely conservative.)

Nice pull sir.

LoupGaroux

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 03:14:21 AM

Hi, I'm an extremely intelligent computer programmer who is interested in bitcoins for various reasons.

1) They have the potential to make me money through speculation
2) I can use it to allow people to buy products quite easily
3) I think the concept of bitcoins, how they are like cash, is the way all transactions should be. To avoid people knowing what people are doing.

So, by the numbers...

1. They have the potential for me to manipulate a massive pre-mine that I and I alone control, using stolen code that I have grossly misrepresented as being my work.
2. I can use people to do tasks for me so that I can claim their work, which if I could figure out basic economics would allow me to buy products, if anyone other than an online head shop and two internet strippers would accept the coin that I invented which is going to be better than the other coin that I was interested in before but now shun as being so clearly and obviously second rate to something invented by someone as wonderful and extremely intelligent as me, who is wallowing in wealth, except when my allowance runs out.
3. I think the concept is, if I could only get everyone to acknowledge me as the Most Important Pretty Princess in the World then I could have my invention take over all the world governments and money systems, and that is really the way all transactions should be, not knowing what people are doing, in fact I think that is what all human interaction should be like, nobody should know what anybody is doing, we should all be required to live our lives in SolidCaves TM where they are cut off from all other people except those that I have approved through my network of Trusty Toasty Nodes for Friendship also TM and if we ever decide to have any, you know those funny feelings then we should all wear SolidCondoms oh this is really exciting because here is another TM which take all the feeling out of everything.
4. And I wonder if the Jim Jones guy is still using that compound in Guyana? I could have all my legion of SpecialFriends yes you little peasant bitches I own everything and I alone invented the internet so this is TM, I think. Is TM like copyrights, can I just claim it because I think it is important?come and stay with me there.
5. And when the world learns that the the features we possess sadly enough that is a real quoteinclude sharks with lasers in their heads... well then all those rotten bastards who mocked me will have to bow before my extremely large, and ever-so-big intelligence.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 08:03:45 AM

I like the "tax" as a way to get coin uptake but the centralisation gives me the willies and I just cant support it.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 04:22:31 AM

Want to promote SC ? Sacrifice one of the 12 million accounts and make the coins spendable then setup a faucet or make it easy to get them by giving away some of the tax. If you really want to support the currency rather than just engage with trolls. If people can get SC more easily than BTC they might start using it.

There, free advice. Take it or leave it.

I don't think one of the trust accounts should be made spendable. But the existing CPF could be used for something like this, that is what it was designed for. You are right that "Non mining" methods to get people involved are important, but until we have a better client I don't think there is much point in trying to sway the "normal" people as it's too complicated to use for most people.

If you have any other specific ideas besides a faucet you can PM me them.

This way he can take credit for your ideas.  Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

LoupGaroux

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 05:18:27 AM

Not interested in finding your identity for a PM- here's an idea...

Print all of the SC's on toilet paper. Then they would actually have some functional utility in the real world.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 06:04:33 AM

Not interested in finding your identity for a PM- here's an idea...

Print all of the SC's on toilet paper. Then they would actually have some functional utility in the real world.

We don't need yet another method of getting shit onto toilet paper. We are already pretty effective at that.

CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 03:53:49 AM

I like the "tax" as a way to get coin uptake but the centralisation gives me the willies and I just cant support it.

SolidCoin being centralized is just a myth spread by some trolls.

http://solidcoin.info/myths.html#SolidCoin_isn.27t_decentralized_because_of_trust_nodes

In regards to the CPF that is there to protect every SolidCoin holder from future legal issues that will likely come up. A way to fight a legal war and also help promote the coin in advertising, etc.

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 04:34:28 AM

SolidCoin being centralized is just a myth spread by some trolls.

http://solidcoin.info/myths.html#SolidCoin_isn.27t_decentralized_because_of_trust_nodes

In regards to the CPF that is there to protect every SolidCoin holder from future legal issues that will likely come up. A way to fight a legal war and also help promote the coin in advertising, etc.

Solidcoin being run by tyrant nodes is just a secret that sockpuppets like ViperJBM propagate on these forums until they liquidate their pre-mine.

By the way Viper, why did you suddenly delete all your online accounts? Right after you claimed to have a degree in software engineering and employed as one, SA found out you were unemployed, uneducated, and living with your parents. Suddenly, you vanish.

Only to reappear on the Coinhunter account. Are these the actions of someone worthy of trust? I think not.
Mr. Moon could learn a thing or two from you guys.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: