Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:57:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Detailed Ban Reasons?  (Read 1395 times)
Jon (OP)
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 04:05:29 AM

Maybe I didn't read the rules well enough. Maybe I don't understand what off-topic really is.

Maybe I'll never know considering I never got a detailed reason for my 3 day off-topic ban but, hey, I am not entitled to anything. It's not like the people who own this forum are held to a moral standard. They can do whatever they want.

No sarcasm intended.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12972

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 04:09:41 AM

Slightly longer answer:  It does the same thing as when you throw away a hundred dollar bill.  You lose money, and everyone else's money gains a little value.
Hardly, when money is created out of thin air every time a bank makes a loan.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 04:13:05 AM

Slightly longer answer:  It does the same thing as when you throw away a hundred dollar bill.  You lose money, and everyone else's money gains a little value.
I was questioning the example. The post was relevant but it's not up to my discretion, is it?

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 04:55:56 AM

Welcome to the Bitcoin forums. We're glad to have you. Our number one goal is to provide an excellent place for you to converse with your fellow Bitcoin users.

Rule #1: Use best judgment in all situations. There will be no additional rules.

Please feel free to ask me or any staff member any question at any time.

Also see Newbie restrictions and Post Removal Policy.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=15600.0

I used to work at Nordstrom. I guess I wasn't the only one, Theymos? Who authored this?

ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 05:02:28 AM

Welcome to the Bitcoin forums. We're glad to have you. Our number one goal is to provide an excellent place for you to converse with your fellow Bitcoin users.

Rule #1: Use best judgment in all situations. There will be no additional rules.

Please feel free to ask me or any staff member any question at any time.

Also see Newbie restrictions and Post Removal Policy.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=15600.0

I used to work at Nordstrom. I guess I wasn't the only one, Theymos? Who authored this?

This is so great Grin
(Perhaps I'm assuming falsely here that Atlas authored all those anon sticky threads in the newbs forum...)

(BFL)^2 < 0
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12972

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 05:04:12 AM

It's a reasonable approximation of board rules, which is why I left it. You can mostly get by on common sense here.

The comment of yours that I posted above isn't related to the OP in the slightest. This is what counts when determining whether something is on-topic. Normally I'd just delete posts like this, but I'm 99.9% sure you're Atlas, so you should be very familiar with board rules by now.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2012, 05:30:32 AM

It's a reasonable approximation of board rules, which is why I left it. You can mostly get by on common sense here.

The comment of yours that I posted above isn't related to the OP in the slightest. This is what counts when determining whether something is on-topic. Normally I'd just delete posts like this, but I'm 99.9% sure you're Atlas, so you should be very familiar with board rules by now.

what about this kind of posts https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64176.msg753204#msg753204 ?

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 10:06:08 AM

Theymos, some forums have a thread where it is posted who got banned, when and for what reason. Maybe you could do the same?

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 10:12:11 AM

what about this kind of posts https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64176.msg753204#msg753204 ?

The link you posted is completely ON-TOPIC, unlike the post you made on this thread that is completely OFF-TOPIC. This reply is also OFF-TOPIC.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 04:34:00 PM

Theymos, some forums have a thread where it is posted who got banned, when and for what reason. Maybe you could do the same?
At the very least, it would be nice if the mods were made aware of who was banned. For those who don't know, right now the mods only know when someone was banned because of a request from another mod. We have no idea what theymos does on his own.

RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 08:27:49 PM

I have had like, half a dozen posts deleted from your thread there. Be happy that someone cares enough to moderate it.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 01:36:43 AM

I was questioning the example. The post was relevant but it's not up to my discretion, is it?

No it's not relevant. The thread was about what happens to lost bitcoins and the ramifications regarding the economy, and you nitpicking at some little example in order to turn the thread into an unrelated politics/economics discussion is typical atlas, and coincidentally enough, exactly what you he was banned for previously (initially).

At the very least, it would be nice if the mods were made aware of who was banned. For those who don't know, right now the mods only know when someone was banned because of a request from another mod. We have no idea what theymos does on his own.

That would be nice. Could cut down on the trolling/oft/whatever once people see that hey, x did get banned for it.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: