Bitcoin Forum
December 04, 2016, 12:01:32 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DIANNA: the IANA Decentralized design concept  (Read 14688 times)
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1624

Director of Bitcoin100

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 03:27:31 AM

Out of curiosity, how are you typing in English: writing everything yourself, or writing in Russian and using Google Translate?

The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pent

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 03:51:53 PM

My english isn't ideal and I use Lingvo translator for particular words, not phrases.

If you find any mistakes, you are welcome to fix'em.
Rassah
Legendary

Director of Bitcoin100

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 04:36:48 PM

My english isn't ideal and I use Lingvo translator for particular words, not phrases.

I was asking because if you typed in Russian and used a translator, I would have suggested you post the original Russian as well. I admit, it is sometimes a bit difficult to understand what you are trying to say.

pent

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 04:37:42 PM

Russian thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64282.0
rjk

Activity: 420

1ngldh

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 04:37:59 PM

I was asking because if you typed in Russian and used a translator, I would have suggested you post the original Russian as well. I admit, it is sometimes a bit difficult to understand what you are trying to say.
FWIW, you guys both have very good English. Very understandable.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
btc_artist

Activity: 154

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2012, 07:12:30 PM

For the record, I haven't had any problems understanding the English.

BTC: 1CDCLDBHbAzHyYUkk1wYHPYmrtDZNhk8zf
LTC: LMS7SqZJnqzxo76iDSEua33WCyYZdjaQoE
Rassah
Legendary

Director of Bitcoin100

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 07:42:16 PM

Me neither, but sometimes it's just difficult to grasp the idea being presented right away

pent

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 09:14:34 PM

Design changelog added, to easily navigate list of major changes
http://dianna-project.org/wiki/Design_Changelog

Known issues added to make a food for mind
http://dianna-project.org/wiki/Known_Design_Issues

Please register, discuss, offer solutions.

We will change the world.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 700

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2012, 10:27:30 PM

Good luck with this guys it looks very much like what satoshi was thinking about with the alternate chains system. Thumbs up.

pent

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 10:39:37 PM

Please join the discussions in wiki, I opened registrations.
pent

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 09:29:35 PM

Alright, the final strokes.

Decentralized P2P DNS System Design version 1.4. Changelog

1. Non-linear block chain, block tree

Each Namespace will have its own block chain, its own activity, its own PDiff, and thus, its own domain operation price.

Total namespaces isolation. I2P namespace and chain branch will not contain any data from Tor namespace and branch and any other. And visa-versa.

Small namespaces will have small domain operation price. Bigger namespaces will have bigger one.

Attack on single block chain branch will not affect other branches. And attack on whole DIANNA block tree will be just huge, difficult work.

2. Single domain transaction contains only 1 input and only 1 output, and both about single domain. So 1 domain = 1 transaction. And nothing else.

Since miners process only domain transactions which were directly paid with fee for them, there is no need to include many domain operations in single transaction.

This also will make domain lookup easier. So the authoritative domain reply lookup will be as follow:

For first, DNS client queries for particular domain and network returns a last domain transaction hash and block hash. Highest block wins - as always. Here client can verify that block hash is present in local headers chain and has a particular height.

For the second, client queries the network for Merkle Tree branch for needed domain transaction and transaction data itself. Here he can verify that transaction data are correct by reassembling Merkle Tree and comparing its root hash against local stored block header in chain.

Since client ensured that network returned *valid* *last* transaction for this domain, he can easily resolve domain into VALUE containing in transaction output.

Peace a cake Smiley

I need volunteers to code this tree of freedom. Primary, I need the project manager which will coordinate programmers. For the first steps I can be ideologist, project manager and programmer in one Smiley But I really need a help.
pent

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 03:02:16 AM

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete" Buckminster Fuller

"Never doubt that a small group of committed citizens can change the world." Margaret Mead

Quotes from http://p2pfoundation.net/
Ukigo

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 06:19:14 AM

I2P is just living inside "usual" Internet.
 But cjdns has potential to REPLACE current Internet protocols with better ones
 So cjdns is VERY important "namespace" for DIANNA's bright future
 The first DNS-like system able to offer domains for cjdns will win the competiton.

But the biggest problem of the DIANNA is this :
  "How to compete with free DNS-like services ,
 when DIANNA domains is always must be paid ?"
  Who will mine for the DIANNA, if there will be no demand for "expensive" domains ?
  "Vkus khalyavy tak sladok" <-- people always prefer to get something for free.

What about licensing ? Will it be GPL or BSD or ... ?

"...Enemies are everywhere ! Angka is all rage ! Be a good soldiers, blow everything... " <-- Pol Pot (C)
pent

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 12:21:42 PM

Dear Ukigo, I had a talk with cjd (CJDNS leader) in IRC, IRC log is somewhere above in this topic.

He said he will use DIANNA as DNS as long as its domain price would be free or almost free.

His requirement brought DIANNA design to version 1.4 (current), where namespaces have been isolated and non-linear block chain added.

This will allow small networks, having small activity - to have a correspondent small domain fee. I think in CJDNS case it will be almost free.
Ukigo

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 12:56:02 PM

Ok.
You and cjd can both win from this cooperation.
I mean yours projects.

"...Enemies are everywhere ! Angka is all rage ! Be a good soldiers, blow everything... " <-- Pol Pot (C)
pent

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 12:05:51 AM

New changes! Ideas just run and run - and not going to stop Smiley v1.5
http://dianna-project.org/wiki/Design_Changelog

Summary: Replace forced PDiff system definition by forced domain transaction fee definition, remove Difficulty penalty. Fee is now set by DIANNA for particular Namespace.

* Remove forced PDiff system definition (Pentarh Udi, rpMan)
* Add forced domain transaction fee definition (Pentarh Udi, rpMan)
* Remove Difficulty penalty (Pentarh Udi, rpMan)
* Use cases clearification

DIANNA now will define a price (hallelujah!!!) for domain operation instead of PDiff. Price will be dedicated to each namespace and depend on its network activity. Thanks to rpMan.
pent

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 12:25:23 AM

I need help.

Is there any possible way to send a bitcoin transaction with fee to some address/hash and this transaction can be widthdrawn later only by miner who lately merge-mined DIANNA block with correspondent domain transaction?

I want to depersonalize mining pools in this scheme, so domain transaction can be processed by any miner, not miner who was paid directly by client for processing.

This is related to Miners consolidation possible (last?) issue.

Detailed problem: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=66959
btc_artist

Activity: 154

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2012, 04:37:40 AM

I need help.

Is there any possible way to send a bitcoin transaction with fee to some address/hash and this transaction can be widthdrawn later only by miner who lately merge-mined DIANNA block with correspondent domain transaction?

I want to depersonalize mining pools in this scheme, so domain transaction can be processed by any miner, not miner who was paid directly by client for processing.

This is related to Miners consolidation possible (last?) issue.

Detailed problem: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=66959
Have your read this page: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Contracts ?  I think there's probably something in there that could be adapted for what you want to do.

BTC: 1CDCLDBHbAzHyYUkk1wYHPYmrtDZNhk8zf
LTC: LMS7SqZJnqzxo76iDSEua33WCyYZdjaQoE
pent

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 11:46:20 PM

So. I decided do not complicate system with any contracts procedures. If anyone scaried to loose his money during name update, he can consider using escrow services.

The current 1.6 rawhide preview is almost on track. This design looks perfect. Does anyone see the vulnerabilities in it?

So, here is the DIANNA internals with bunch of tech details:

The Block Chain Tree
Namespaces
Block
Transaction
Fees: 1 2
Retargeting Repricing
No independent Difficulty
And Merged Mining Implementation
Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2012, 11:58:13 PM

At first I wasn't sure why you didn't just work on Namecoin, but now that you have more on your wiki, I am understanding more.

Um. Are you sure having the difficulty being higher than Bitcoins difficulty is a good idea? Not everyone merge mines namecoin with bitcoin. They have different difficulties and there isn't a problem that I'm aware of.  DIANNA Blocks are going to be WAY slower than bitcoin blocks.  Even if half (which is probably a high guess) of the bitcoin network merge mines DIANNA, won't block time be worse than 20 minutes?  Is this what you want? Maybe I'm just missing something.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.