Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:29:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This is Bitcoin_Mafia...trying to get my orig acct back after a hack  (Read 1759 times)
Bitcoin_Mafia_Me (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

BitcoinerX.com - PM for Ad Info

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 11:57:02 PM

Hey all...

This is Bitcoin_Mafia. Either I got locked out or some dimrod hacked my account. Either way, until I can prove I am
me and the admin gets me back in, I'm stuck w/ a new account.

I know I was in talks with some of you about coin promotions, and others I was actively working with you to promote
your coins. Please PM me on this account until the matter of my Bitcoin_Mafia account is resolved.

In the mean time, have a good one!

Cheers,

Cynthia

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
najzenmajsen

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 12:06:09 AM

Hey all...

This is Bitcoin_Mafia. Either I got locked out or some dimrod hacked my account. Either way, until I can prove I am

I know I was in talks with some of you about coin promotions, and others I was actively working with you to promote
your coins. Please PM me on this account until the matter of my Bitcoin_Mafia account is resolved.

Cheers,

Cynthia
Sucks that you've got your account hacked , cant they just check with ip / or smth ;P or latest messages that you remember , shouldnt really be hard
kozmos

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 12:06:28 AM

until I can prove I am
me and the admin gets me back in, I'm stuck w/ a new account

I guess admins know your twitter account. You can tweet about what's happened to your account here as a prove that you are the real owner.

Try to keep changing your IP address.

Bitcoin_Mafia_Me (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 12:11:39 AM

until I can prove I am
me and the admin gets me back in, I'm stuck w/ a new account

I guess admins know your twitter account. You can tweet about what's happened to your account here as a prove that you are the real owner.

Try to keep changing your IP address.

Already done the IP thing. I still have notification emails from the forum from replies to PMs, etc... so that should
count as proof of something. The advice about Twitter is good though. Thanks!

bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 02:28:29 AM

Hey all...

Cheers,

Cynthia

You can also prove that you're you by doing some sort of transaction with the bitcoin addresses you have used often with your account and a text as public note which a mod can tell you on your twitter or email and it will show that it is in fact you and you can get your account back.

see this-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0

ibfragalot2

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

First account stolen, in traditional BCT fashion!

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 07:18:42 AM

I had the same thing happen (hence the 2 in my nickname). Some chinese guy hacked my account.

I tried, but the admin wasn't interested. The only way he would unlock my account was if I had PM'd my current BTC address to someone, which I've never done.

cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:03:41 PM

OP, you registered for the Honorcoin wallet and you must have used the same password there for the registration that you use for your account here.

Honorcoin is clearly a huge scamming project.

Other people have received pm's here with an invite to 'test' an attached RPG game.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
Bitcoin_Mafia_Me (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 01:06:39 PM

OP, you registered for the Honorcoin wallet and you must have used the same password there for the registration that you use for your account here.

Other people have received pm's here with an invite to 'test' an attached RPG game.

Yeah, I got that one too and actually DL the damn zip before I came to my senses. Running a full on virus scan now

kozmos

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:11:12 PM

they had been invited by honorcoin account it self or?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:20:06 PM

is the honorcoin client infected as well or just the rpg game?
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:20:58 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2014, 02:17:42 PM by cryptodevil

The pm was from a zero post user https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=337252

I received it minutes after registering my forum name on the Honorcoin website. Part of that registration process requires you to enter a password as well as give your email address.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:27:24 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2014, 02:17:06 PM by cryptodevil

Yeah, I got that one too and actually DL the damn zip before I came to my senses. Running a full on virus scan now

Did you use the same pw for the Honorcoin registration as your account here? Tell the truth now Smiley

Bitcoin_Mafia_Me (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 01:34:22 PM

Did you use the same pw for the Hirocoin registration as your account here? Tell the truth now Smiley

Sigh... yes. And I *know* better. GAH. What a clusterf*ck this has become.

radi324

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 01:36:37 PM

Did you use the same pw for the Hirocoin registration as your account here? Tell the truth now Smiley

Sigh... yes. And I *know* better. GAH. What a clusterf*ck this has become.

Another guy got his whole PC hacked thanks to the Honorcoin scam, and had all of his details stolen including sensitive data.

[MUN] Muniti - Malta's National Cryptocurrency - http://www.muniticoin.com/

Bitcointalk thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=545886.0
kozmos

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:40:13 PM

The pm was from a zero post user https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=337252

I received it minutes after registering my forum name on the Hircoin website. Part of that registration process requires you to enter a password as well as give your email address.

That zero post user mostly a hacker, made a scheme to use honorcoin's name to start his play.

it has nothing to do with honorcoin dev. team, don't worry about that.

If that game had been sent to you from honorcoin's site or from his account, then it would be another story.

jarvis

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:40:55 PM

It had nothing to do with honor coin. A scam email was sent out to users of bitcointalk with a RPG game free beta test for registration. Users that signed up got hacked. I have reported it. honor coin had nothing to do with that email. Stop trying to use it to manipulate markets.
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:42:08 PM

FFS how desperate does your wishing it not to be true have to be.

Bitcoin_Mafia didn't run the program, but she did register on the website with the same password.

I registered on the website and almost immediately received the 'game' by pm here.

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:51:43 PM

You know B_M I have been trying to alert forum members on the Honorcoin thread as to this situation and they refuse to accept it is anything but FUD. Another user posted there to say that his original account had been hacked too and he had used the same password as his original forum account as on the Honorcoin website registration and you know what they said? They told him to GFTO because he was posting from an account registered today!

These people couldn't think themselves out of a wet paper bag.

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 10:52:52 AM

See this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=644517.msg7243215#msg7243215

They gained access to exchange accounts and knew that if they tried to withdraw funds it would likely trigger an email notification to you, so they, instead, sold whatever altcoins were on that account for BTC and then used the BTC to buy their shitcoin at high prices and then sell them low again. Rinse and repeat until the balance is zero.

This meant that they could trade whatever Honorcoin they were holding, selling them high and then buying them back low.

TBH, it was a pretty clever scam.

No hacking involved, just count on a good mix of stupidity and greed.

Let me just repeat the concept that acted as the bait, "Free Money".

There. That should help you recognise when you should be suspicious.

As for the BTT account, well lots of people have interesting information in their PM's stored here. Perhaps information that could be valuable. Plus, as well, in time the account could be used to con people who don't know it is a compromised account and trust what the person is telling them because they see they are a long-time member with history.

That is why I wouldn't trust this 'new' Honorcoin group who are trying to relaunch it, it's just as likely that the scammers from the first fraud are part of the new project, if only in a hidden sense.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: