Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:22:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Maybe Jared Loughner had something right...  (Read 1425 times)
doobadoo (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 07:05:45 PM

In his "final thoughts" video, Jared Loughner (the Tuscon gunman) wrote, "Every human who is mentally capable is always able to be the treasurer of their new currency."

Just like that guy who created that program to allow you to generate a Bitcoon private key out of a simple sentence.  We all really do have the ability to be our own treasurer of their new currency!  

I agree with the shooter... Time 1:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHoaZaLbqB4

"It is, quite honestly, the biggest challenge to central banking since Andrew Jackson." -evoorhees
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jon
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 08:14:45 PM

A mentally ill killer is not worth calling a bitcoin alumni.

"In conclusion, my ambition - is for informing literate dreamers about a new currency; in a few days, you know I'm conscience dreaming! Thank you!"

He was a broken clock that happened to be right. A very broken clock...

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 11:15:48 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2012, 04:31:28 AM by niko

A mentally ill killer is not worth calling a bitcoin alumni.

"In conclusion, my ambition - is for informing literate dreamers about a new currency; in a few days, you know I'm conscience dreaming! Thank you!"

I  agree he was a broken clock, but I'd add that he was responsible for one non-leathal shooting - whereas members of the US congress and senate are responsible for mass casualties all over the world. Only in recent years, we are looking at tens of thousands of innocent people killed in their far-away countries.

I don't even want to bother listening to that youtube video, because I feel the guy is a lunatic. It's amusing that I occasionally spend time listening to what presidents and politicians have to say, whereas in reality most of them are responsible for crimes much worse than the Tucson shooter. Broken logic, and broken ethic.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Jon
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 11:26:47 PM

Even as a nihilist, Loughner's actions still manage to anger me. Permitting war is one thing but deliberately killing is another.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
Wordlet

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 12:54:17 AM

He killed a little girl, even most criminals draw the line at killing children. He's so obviously insane it seems impossible that it wasn't noticed sooner.

Right after it happened everyone thought it was political and because of harsh rhetoric on both sides. But what they SHOULD have been talking about is how nobody noticed and the very sad stigma surrounding mental health in this country.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2012, 01:00:00 AM

In his "final thoughts" video, Jared Loughner (the Tuscon gunman) wrote, "Every human who is mentally capable is always able to be the treasurer of their new currency."

Just like that guy who created that program to allow you to generate a Bitcoon private key out of a simple sentence.  We all really do have the ability to be our own treasurer of their new currency!  

I agree with the shooter... Time 1:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHoaZaLbqB4

FU

westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 01:01:33 AM

That... sounds like a tautology.

The guy's not saying anything of particular value.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
doobadoo (OP)

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 02:48:02 AM

[quote author=Boss link=topic=64434.msg756561

totally, thats what i menat.   the guy was obviously bonkers..

"It is, quite honestly, the biggest challenge to central banking since Andrew Jackson." -evoorhees
amencon

Activity: 410

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 03:57:11 AM

He killed a little girl, even most criminals draw the line at killing children. He's so obviously insane it seems impossible that it wasn't noticed sooner.

Right after it happened everyone thought it was political and because of harsh rhetoric on both sides. But what they SHOULD have been talking about is how nobody noticed and the very sad stigma surrounding mental health in this country.

From what I heard it was noticed sooner many times.  One of the major discussions regarding this shooting was how could something similar be prevented next time since there were so many warning signs, complaints, and plain bizarre behavior on record.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 04:17:56 AM

Troll thread
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: