Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:35:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GIVEAWAY/POLL] What is your perception of Libertycoin?  (Read 4963 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
skymirror

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:15:48 AM

Cheers. Out of interest how many XLB would you generally get per million confirmed shares?

4MH on x11 = 1MH scrypt around 0.0021 BTC/day
and 4MH on x11 is 1M shares a day.
it depends of the current price , but 1600 satoshi price , around 130 xlb.
What i mean that it varies but now is pretty close to that. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
caston

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 09:52:43 AM

ah no worries... at this rate will be much faster for me to buy but I will keep my miner running anyway so at least I can get more coins while I am at work or asleep etc

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
mistersushi

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:01:12 PM

Has anyone actually received coins from this?

It says: Next payouts June-15 20-4 CET.

So I guess we will find out then.

Thanks, but I meant the giveaway, not the pool.  I can vouch that the pool pays, and on-time.
Khazoo

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:08:36 PM

Hi!  I see a lot of good advice here but I'd like to add my own:

1.- What is your perception of Libertycoin?

I think Libertycoin has great potential!  I became interested after the big blowup.  I believe in Anti-fragility.  Here is a nice coin that works well and has a great brand and it's share of challenges.  If the allegations were true the devs would be long gone.  There are plenty of coins where the team is completely awol and the coin limps along anyway.  I see a lot of effort put into expelling this drama, and the coin, devs and community are all still here.  

You survived!  

A scar can be seen as a disfigurement, or it can be worn with pride.  It is proof that the coin is strong.  Time to stop apologizing.  Its done.  It happened.  The coin is better for it.

2.- What do you think we can do to improve?

Liberty.  This isn't any old coin.  These are LIBERTYcoins.  Other than a good brand what makes it a Libertycoin?  Others have suggested accessing merchants so that XLB can be traded for items of physical value.  I agree, but I think you should be strategic in this.  There are many organizations that exist to promote Liberty.  Reason.com, FEE, The Bastiat Institute, The Frazer Institute, the Heartland Institute, The Objective Standard, The Atlas Society, The Center for Liberal Studies etc..  Reach out to these people.  Some of them are charities who's mission is to support and spread Liberty. Many of them have publications like books and magazines for sale and probably pens, mugs, T-shirts, posters and whatever else for sale.  Start with them.  Help each other.  The people who support those charities and read those magazines very likely have businesses of their own who just might sign on and accept Libertycoins in the name of liberty.
caston

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 01:43:34 PM

The price is really cheap right now and this coin is a good solid coin with no pre-mine. Well designed and very professional as is the website. Is listed on several major exchanges known to be frequented by whales such as Poly, Bittrex and Mintpal. Easy to call this one as the next one to rise.

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
XenInvestments

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 10:43:42 PM

1. Perception

Libertycoin has a great name and branding potentional, as long as the devs capitalize on the concepts of liberty and freedom in their image (branding) and in their philosophy and execution of the coin.

I am invested in libertycoin, but I would like to see it do better.

The staking features are nice, and it is very rewarding and satisfying to see interest generated every day.

2. Improvements

The website needs to be expanded upon and offer more resources for investors, as well as more educational and promotional material for new or potential investors. The forum also needs to be spruced up. In order to build up membership and increase participation in the forums, I suggest offering more giveaways, as well as offering a subsection for people to announce giveaways for other coins. More giveaways = more members/participation in the forums.

The libertycoin logo needs work. The letter 'L' really doesn't have much impact, and the colors red and black are only significant if presented in a meaningful way.

The idea of Liberty is very important to people. To improve investor relations/faith in the coin, there needs to be more discussion or philosophical examination regarding the concepts of liberty and freedom. You use the name "Liberty" but you need to prove to the community what you think liberty is and why it is important, both in written material and the design and function of the coin. If you can do this, Libertycoin will succeed.
cryptomite

Activity: 304

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:53:53 AM

A joke, lol

mistersushi

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:49:53 PM

Was the giveaway a farce, or what?  Dev just didn't like the answers he got?
chip99

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:43:54 PM

need hype dude. create hype. current price is a joke. coin has potential.

kurzwell

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:51:37 PM

Dev just didn't like the answers he got?

It would appear so.  Most of the posts offering feedback asked for the anonymity feature to be implemented.  He just announced that it will not be implemented.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=600322.msg7413019#msg7413019

need hype dude. create hype. current price is a joke. coin has potential.
It doesn't need hype.  It needs delivery of promised features, promotion, integration into payment systems, etc, etc.  In other words, real progress.
davien

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:58:21 PM

Can somebody help me if this is fake or real ?

kurzwell

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:56:59 PM

It is a real coin, but it is in a lot of trouble right now.  The original developer has not been able to deliver key promised functionality and has been very poor at communicating.  The community has lost confidence that he will be able to deliver and a new group is trying to take control and lead this coin forward in a better direction.  It remains to be seen if they succeed, but I believe they are sincere.  Right now, Libertycoin is a very speculative investment, so I'd be hesitant to invest a lot of new money in it.  If you want to invest a small amount on the chance that things improve, go right ahead.  You can get a lot of coins cheap right now.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: