Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:56:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BetMoose.com - Betting Exchange | Prediction Market | Real World Events | P2P  (Read 31747 times)
BetMoose (OP)

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

Real Bets. Real People. By Anyone, on anything

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 04:59:17 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2017, 09:24:32 PM by BetMoose

BetMoose is the world's first "all-in-one" betting exchange and prediction market. It is social, feature-rich, flexible and distributed.
We do all kinds of bets, including what some call 'Proposition Betting', or 'Wagering'.
We don't like to be immediately associated with gambling though - BetMoose can also be used as a crowd-pooled futures contract exchange between multiple parties.

https://www.betmoose.com

Changing the Game
BetMoose allows anyone to place or create bets about anything. If you are a sports fan, you can bet with others on your favourite team, sport, playoff season ranking, etc. If you don't find the bet, you can make it yourself. If you're an alt-coin developer, why not create a contract about key deliverable dates and invite doubters/trolls to bet against you. If you deliver, they lose their shirt.

Hosts Earn Commissions
As a host (creator) of a bet, you get a commission from the bet payout. Commissions earned are 0.5% to 1% and are based on your reputation.

2-tiered resolution system
In order for hosts to make their commission, they need to resolve their bets. Site moderators are not allowed (and cannot) touch any bets that the host hasn't resolved yet. However, if a host does not resolve, or resolves incorrectly, moderators are allowed to step in. This ensures BetMoose creates an incentivized P2P system for resolving human-involved, 'real world' events and outcomes. It also prevents the '1 point of failure' trust issue seen in other oracle setups.

Secure, Reliable Platform
All bet deposits are held in cold storage. A proof-of-reserves automated checker/tool is coming soon. No unexpected downtime experienced yet in our operations since April 2014. We're running blazing-fast on Cloudflare's CDN with DDoS protection.

Truly Anonymous
Staying true to bitcoin, anonymous betting deposits from any bitcoin address are permitted, or you can sign up (free, only email required) to get added benefits. We also offer privacy-settings for our registered users who want the benefit of remaining anonymous while taking advantage of the benefits of having an account.

Join our Community
Once you sign up, you'll find yourself thrown into the middle of our growing community of friendly oracles who are constantly competing for the top spot of our Hall of Fame as well as making creative bets on random things that are crazy enough to be interesting.

No Nonsense
No fees on anything unless you win some positive amount. If you bet late, BetMoose auto-refunds it back to your specified address. Bets are also auto-cancelled and refunded in full if they go unmatched. In other words, it's free to enter into bets/predictions on things alone if you feel strongly about them! Bets with volume are much likely to attract additional attention.

Revenue Share Program for Referrals
We have a powerful referral program that gives you 20% of what we make from each user. You can refer users by simply adding your code behind any betmoose.com link, and track how everyone you invited is doing in generating you revenues.

Active Support and Development
Have a question or suggestion? We'd love to hear it. We have a friendly, open and forward-thinking team here in Canada so please reach out to us. Post in the thread here or in our support thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=645790

Good luck with your predictions!

BetMoose.com - Wager on real world events. Profit from predicting the future. Create and share your own contracts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinFire

Activity: 322

Online at CoinFire.io

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 05:20:37 PM

Site looks really great. I would really like to talk with you about an interview for Coin Fire.

Excited to watch you and your team grow!

BetMoose (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 05:45:10 PM

Thanks, and for sure! Sent you a PM.

BetMoose.com - Wager on real world events. Profit from predicting the future. Create and share your own contracts.
The_Gloomfrost

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:17:03 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 03:38:28 AM by The_Gloomfrost

Congrats on the launch, can't wait to see this grow! I can tell lots of hard work went into this. I'll show my support where I can!
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:01:32 AM

Confirming that I have used this service and Betmoose works just came out of Alpha
Congrats on your launch

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
BetMoose (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 03:03:47 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 04:45:16 PM by BetMoose

This looks really promising! Can definitely see myself throwing lots of coin at this.

Are you planning to add a chat box? Would be funner to stay on the site and catch up with news and developments.

Thanks for your help with alpha, Gloom. A chat box is currently in the works and is up on our demo server. You'll see it soon enough!

BetMoose (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 01:34:06 AM

Thanks to Fred and crypt.la for the feature!  Smiley

http://crypt.la/2014/06/11/exclusive-betmoose-founder-adam-king-spills-all-worlds-first-p2p-betting-site/

Also some updates:

- Hall of Fame now only shows those with winnings.
- Bet slips now more obvious to tell which ones are clickable. (please hold shift+click the refresh button on the bet page if you're a returning user)
- Bunch of other minor tweaks and improvements, including some annoying CSS glitches for our IE users.

MICRO
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1037

CEO @ Stake.com and Primedice.com

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 10:07:19 PM

I rly rly love this site. Its awesome and so fun that u can host betting on anything Cheesy .

My first hosted bet is on: Will primedice launch this month ? Cheesy
PRIMEDICE3
Options: Yes | No

I rly love that ^ How great it looks like on forums. And i will use this site everyday now , just need to think of some weird stuff to bet on LOL Cheesy

Good job guys.

▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████▄
 ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀████     ████                  ████
▄████▀            ████    ████▌                 ▐████
█████           ▄████▀   ▐████                  ████▌    ▄▄
█████           ▀▀▀▀    ▄█████████▀            ▐████   ▄███▀
 █████▄           ▄▄███████████▀▀   ▄▄▄▄       ████  ▄███▀
   ▀█████▄▄       ▀████▀████▀     ▄████▀███   ▐███████▀▀        ▄▄▄▄
      ▀███████▄        ▐████    ▄████  ▐██▌   ███████        ▄███▀ ██▌
         ▀▀██████▄▄    ████    ▄███▀   ███   ▐███▌███      ▄███▀  ▄██▌
    ▄▄▄▄     ▀▀█████  ▐████    ████   ▄███   ████ ▐███    ▐████▄▄███▀
  █████▀▀      ▀████▌ ▐████▄▄██████▄▄█████▄▄█████  ▀███   ████
 ████▀          ████▌  ▀████▀▀  ▀████▀  ▀██▀ ███▀   ▀███  ▀████▄▄▄▄██
████▌          █████        ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄▄ ▄ ▄▄ ▀███   ▀▀████▀▀
████▄       ▄▄████▀       ▄█▀   ▀ ▄█▀  ▀█▄ ██▀▀██▀▀██▀███▄▄      ▄▄██
 ██████████████▀▀  ▄███▄  ██▄     ██▄  ▄██ ██  ██  ██   ▀▀█████████▀▀
   ▀██████▀▀▀      ▀███▀   ▀████▀  ▀████▀  ██  ██  ██

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● RAKEBACK & VIP RANKS
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
BetMoose (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 04:02:11 AM

We're glad you like it Micro!

We've updated the site again;
- Filter interactivity improvements
- CSS fixes on the /bets page
- Facebook and BBCode sharing tweaks and fixes for some browsers
- Host new bet button added to the personal 'hosted bets' page under your user profiles

Please show your support in this thread; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=448302 - freedomno1; I know you've been on it for almost a month, your voice could mean a lot to us!

Any other of our alpha invitees are also encouraged.

May the moose be with you,
A

freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:15:30 AM

I rly rly love this site. Its awesome and so fun that u can host betting on anything Cheesy .

My first hosted bet is on: Will primedice launch this month ? Cheesy
PRIMEDICE3
Options: Yes | No

I rly love that ^ How great it looks like on forums. And i will use this site everyday now , just need to think of some weird stuff to bet on LOL Cheesy

Good job guys.

Shoot that was a good one I have been wondering when PD3 was due to come out
Props for creation Smiley

MICRO
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 09:21:45 AM

I have couple of questions about this .

1. Who decides what is a winning bet ? For example in bet i hosted at the end of month i decide if winning bet is YES (if pd comes out) or NO (if not) , i see a couple of problems there, first i can easily fix the outcome , so lets say even if pd comes out before end i can say it did not come out and let everybody who bet NO to win.

2. I put outcome day at end of month , coz that is when we will see . But what if pd comes out tomorrow? Then i would need to stop the betting right away and everybody who bet on YES to win. I dont see the option to stop the betting before outcome day i setup . (im i missing something) . So then when pd comes out lets say tomorrow people will bet on yes and cancel that bets on NO . It will not be fair ? 

▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████▄

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000 GAMES
● RAKEBACK & VIP RANKS
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
BetMoose (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 04:03:05 PM

1. Who decides what is a winning bet ? For example in bet i hosted at the end of month i decide if winning bet is YES (if pd comes out) or NO (if not) , i see a couple of problems there, first i can easily fix the outcome , so lets say even if pd comes out before end i can say it did not come out and let everybody who bet NO to win.

2. I put outcome day at end of month , coz that is when we will see . But what if pd comes out tomorrow? Then i would need to stop the betting right away and everybody who bet on YES to win. I dont see the option to stop the betting before outcome day i setup . (im i missing something) . So then when pd comes out lets say tomorrow people will bet on yes and cancel that bets on NO . It will not be fair ? 

Hey Micro,

Good news; both questions are in our FAQ! I've linked and re-pasted them here for you;

The host decides the winning bet but you should read this:
1. https://www.betmoose.com/faq#hosting6
Why won’t the host just choose whichever option he wants?
Hosts have an incentive to choose the correct outcome as they get a commission from the total bet pot, as well as earn reputation levels. If they choose an incorrect outcome on purpose, not only do they lose a reputation level, but also forfeit the commission. We have a strong verification system in place from both our side (BetMoose moderators) and the bettors themselves - who have 24 hours to submit an ‘incorrect outcome’ report.

(In other words, if you choose the wrong outcome; the bettors, us, or someone passing by will just report your bet This is what makes BetMoose unique - our distributed 2-tier resolution system!)

2. https://www.betmoose.com/faq#resolution4
What happens if the outcome comes true within the specified time period but before the outcome date?
Please report this as “Outcome is known” and specify when you knew it as well as the source for verification. You should also post in the comments to let others know. We will resolve and payout these bets early. Any bets put in after the outcome was known will be returned.

Hope that helps!

MICRO
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 07:00:29 PM

Hey Micro,

Good news; both questions are in our FAQ! I've linked and re-pasted them here for you;

The host decides the winning bet but you should read this:
1. https://www.betmoose.com/faq#hosting6
Why won’t the host just choose whichever option he wants?
Hosts have an incentive to choose the correct outcome as they get a commission from the total bet pot, as well as earn reputation levels. If they choose an incorrect outcome on purpose, not only do they lose a reputation level, but also forfeit the commission. We have a strong verification system in place from both our side (BetMoose moderators) and the bettors themselves - who have 24 hours to submit an ‘incorrect outcome’ report.

(In other words, if you choose the wrong outcome; the bettors, us, or someone passing by will just report your bet This is what makes BetMoose unique - our distributed 2-tier resolution system!)

2. https://www.betmoose.com/faq#resolution4
What happens if the outcome comes true within the specified time period but before the outcome date?
Please report this as “Outcome is known” and specify when you knew it as well as the source for verification. You should also post in the comments to let others know. We will resolve and payout these bets early. Any bets put in after the outcome was known will be returned.

Hope that helps!

Yes that answered all my questions , tnx and u menaged that much better than i was thinking . Sorry i was being lazy and did not read FAQ Smiley .

▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████▄

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000 GAMES
● RAKEBACK & VIP RANKS
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
BetMoose (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 04:43:58 PM

Thanks to Bitcoinist.net for the feature;

http://bitcoinist.net/exclusive-launch-interview-with-betmoose-user-driven-betting-exchange/

We also have a lot of new new improvements/developments being tested right now on our demo server, will hopefully complete them by tonight. One teaser: Markdown formatting is coming to the bet pages - you'll finally be able to make line breaks! (and bold, italic, etc!)

Nathonas

Activity: 280

Knowledge is Power

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 04:57:19 AM

Like this site, hopefully more people will start to bet.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
BetMoose (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 07:14:39 AM

Glad you like it! First week in the public hands; lots more coming soon!

Will hopefully post that semi-big update tomorrow; we're just dealing with some sockets and server stuff to make sure we stay as secure and reliable as possible.

freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:29:25 AM

Glad you like it! First week in the public hands; lots more coming soon!

Will hopefully post that semi-big update tomorrow; we're just dealing with some sockets and server stuff to make sure we stay as secure and reliable as possible.

Nice I am enjoying my status as top predictor ha-ha Smiley
To be destroyed by that 0.6 BTC bet settling the Bitcoin price at 610 over the weekend Tongue

Got to love the coding keep up the good work
___________FIFA World Cup Champion
Options: Brazil | Argentina | Germany | Spain | Other Team

BetMoose (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 12:32:53 AM

Wanted to wish everyone a happy Father's Day, from all of us here at BetMoose!

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 06:21:08 AM

Just did a small article about BetMoose :

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/featured-betmoose-the-user-driven-betting-exchange-for-real-life-wagers

Really like the service, will be using this for a loooong time to come Wink
BetMoose (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 06:19:35 PM

Glad you like it! Smiley And thanks for your support!

Alright some updates! We actually rolled these out yesterday but I forgot to post about them here Smiley

- Markdown added for outcome descriptions and determinations! You can now make line breaks and your text won't be all jumbled up in those boxes! Smiley
- QR code deposit under accounts
- Fixed the Rising category to auto-update and load in when moving between the tabs on the /bets page
- FAQ updates and added an introduction to explain the site to new users
- Some graphic improvements
- Filter fixes for some sorting combinations
- Payout emails - you will get an email when your bet has settled
- Fixed a payout front-end display case where you can have a multi-optioned bet that ends up with an outcome no one bet on
- More minor tweaks and improvements

Please let us know if you have any suggestions. We're currently working on a site-wide chat box and activity notifications; as well as streamlining the FAQ.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: