Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:13:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BetMoose.com - Betting Exchange | Prediction Market | Real World Events | P2P  (Read 31747 times)
BetMoose (OP)

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

Real Bets. Real People. By Anyone, on anything

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 07:58:21 PM

https://www.betmoose.com/bet/the-45th-u_s_-president-in-2016-1400

I am really surprised that Trump doesn't have the main lead here. In most polls he comes in number 1. And Sanders seems to be doing poorly recently.

It's still relatively early, you should get in now if you are interested. There's a big discussion over at https://www.betmoose.com/bet/bernie-sanders-to-be-democratic-nominee-1193 at how arbitrage is quite possible and common with time-weighted parimutuel betting. You can actually scroll down through the placed bets to see yourself.

BetMoose.com - Wager on real world events. Profit from predicting the future. Create and share your own contracts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
-XXIII-

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 09:26:35 PM

Not a bug per se.. it's because we use markdown. You can use any 'tricks' that markdown allows for. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown

For blank lines, if you don't use something from markdown, you can use shift-space + ALT+255 for a space character which would look like this:
  <-There it is!

New line.

Which on our site would create that line-break you're looking for!

Aahh, yes, this makes sense now, thanks for the pointer! However, the shift-space + ALT+255 doesn't work, probably a windows-only command eh? Also tried the trailing space trick; "When you do want to insert a <br /> break tag using Markdown, you end a line with two or more spaces, then type return.", to no avail. I'll keep looking, but to be honest it's truly not all that important, just more of a nuisance.
BetMoose (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 09:37:53 PM

Not a bug per se.. it's because we use markdown. You can use any 'tricks' that markdown allows for. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown

For blank lines, if you don't use something from markdown, you can use shift-space + ALT+255 for a space character which would look like this:
  <-There it is!

New line.

Aahh, yes, this makes sense now, thanks for the pointer! However, the shift-space + ALT+255 doesn't work, probably a windows-only command eh? Also tried the trailing space trick; "When you do want to insert a <br /> break tag using Markdown, you end a line with two or more spaces, then type return.", to no avail. I'll keep looking, but to be honest it's truly not all that important, just more of a nuisance.

It's not all one command. Actually you don't need to shift either. So do this:

First line [hit enter]
[Alt+255] [hit enter]
Second line.

BetMoose.com - Wager on real world events. Profit from predicting the future. Create and share your own contracts.
-XXIII-

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 09:54:57 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2016, 01:02:27 AM by -XXIII-

<-There it is!

New line.

It's not all one command. Actually you don't need to shift either. So do this:

First line [hit enter]
[Alt+255] [hit enter]
Second line.

Ok your post helped me figured out my issue;
Alt+# changes browser tabs in linux, Alt-codes are Windows-only. For Linux GTK+ apps, like FF and Chromium, Ctrl+Shift+0U00A0 works just the same.

Thanks again BetMoose!
m4king

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 02:38:04 PM

About fees...

So, I had my first bets settled, they were fixed odds bets and to my surprise it seems I have been charged a 3% fee on the total returns, including my stake!  Shocked

Is that right?

Maybe it was naive but I was expecting the fee to be applied to winnings only, not the stake!
jpcfan

Activity: 905
Merit: 502

I miss dooglus

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 03:55:09 PM

About fees...

So, I had my first bets settled, they were fixed odds bets and to my surprise it seems I have been charged a 3% fee on the total returns, including my stake!  Shocked

Is that right?

Maybe it was naive but I was expecting the fee to be applied to winnings only, not the stake!

the world runs on fees

120%50%    ████████
    ████████
  ████████
  ████████
████████
████████
████████
  ████████
  ████████
    ████████
    ████████
DUCK
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
DICE████████
████████
  ████████
  ████████
    ████████
    ████████
    ████████
  ████████
  ████████
████████
████████
BetMoose (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 03:57:03 PM

About fees...

Is that right?

Fee is pretty easy to interpret - it is 3% taken from all bets. So yes, it would be deducted off the total payout (which would include your initial stake). Note however you will never get less than what you bet. So if you bet 1BTC and total payout was supposed to be 1.01 BTC, you will in fact receive exactly 1 BTC.

Not sure what the issue here is as that fee is also shared with the author of the bet, and is fairly low (compare that to 10%+ fee to some other real-events-betting sites)..

patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 04:03:06 PM

I like the site, it seems a good idea, I really lke exchanges, and there aren't many in the BTC world, at least that I'm aware of.
But I did not understood how it worked. I'm used to see odds etc, so I know what I can win, but I saw nothing like that there.

BetMoose (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 04:07:00 PM

I like the site, it seems a good idea, I really lke exchanges, and there aren't many in the BTC world, at least that I'm aware of.
But I did not understood how it worked. I'm used to see odds etc, so I know what I can win, but I saw nothing like that there.

Glad you like it. We have 2 bet types: Parimutuel and Fixed Odds. Here's an example of a Fixed Odds bet which you should be able to understand:

___________US Election winning party - Fixed odds
Options: Democrats | Republicans | Independent

More details showing the difference here: https://www.betmoose.com/faq#betting1

m4king

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 05:49:39 PM

About fees...

So, I had my first bets settled, they were fixed odds bets and to my surprise it seems I have been charged a 3% fee on the total returns, including my stake!  Shocked

Is that right?

Fee is pretty easy to interpret - it is 3% taken from all bets. So yes, it would be deducted off the total payout (which would include your initial stake). Note however you will never get less than what you bet. So if you bet 1BTC and total payout was supposed to be 1.01 BTC, you will in fact receive exactly 1 BTC.

Not sure what the issue here is as that fee is also shared with the author of the bet, and is fairly low (compare that to 10%+ fee to some other real-events-betting sites)..
Thanks for the quick reply.

Just a suggestion, would you consider changing the fee structure on Fixed Odds bets? For example to a 5% flat fee on winnings only and the host gets nothing.

The host is offering the betting book, their cut is in the odds they offer.

I've never come across a bookie or exchange that charges fees on staked money before and this does not encourage action from backers or layers, in fact it make you uncompetitve when it comes to Fixed Odds.

A bet at odds 1.20x (-500 US Odds) has an effective fee of 18% under the current system.

Let me be clear I am not talking about Parimutuel Propositions and in fact I like the way that works on your site.

Cheers,

m4king.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 09:46:21 PM

Well alot of people don't like Trump, especially most of the minorities but he is really strict against war on terrorism. So if there are more terroristic attacks around the world, he will most likely take the lead.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
BetMoose (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 05:32:16 AM

About fees...

So, I had my first bets settled, they were fixed odds bets and to my surprise it seems I have been charged a 3% fee on the total returns, including my stake!  Shocked

Is that right?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Just a suggestion, would you consider changing the fee structure on Fixed Odds bets? For example to a 5% flat fee on winnings only and the host gets nothing.

The host is offering the betting book, their cut is in the odds they offer.

I've never come across a bookie or exchange that charges fees on staked money before and this does not encourage action from backers or layers, in fact it make you uncompetitve when it comes to Fixed Odds.

A bet at odds 1.20x (-500 US Odds) has an effective fee of 18% under the current system.

Let me be clear I am not talking about Parimutuel Propositions and in fact I like the way that works on your site.

Cheers,

m4king.

Anyone can offer/lay on any prop, so the host does not have any advantage there. We believe authors should get paid as it is their creativity and most importantly, marketability that drive traffic to our site.

You're right that is a relatively high fee when odds are low, however, the opposite is the case when you are betting anywhere above even money (2.00x odds or above). That said, it's valid feedback and we haven't considered it as you described. Unfortunately it's unlikely we'll make any modifications as all of our accounting is done based on bet volumes, not [payout - stake]. For example, we also pay out 0.6% of that amount to users who have arrived through referrals/affiliates links. We also can't really afford to lower as all of our fees combined right now just barely sustain our costs (all of our staff are volunteers for example).

Adam

patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 10:11:36 AM

Glad you like it. We have 2 bet types: Parimutuel and Fixed Odds. Here's an example of a Fixed Odds bet which you should be able to understand:

___________US Election winning party - Fixed odds
Options: Democrats | Republicans | Independent

More details showing the difference here: https://www.betmoose.com/faq#betting1

Thanks for the reply. I read and explored that part a bit. The fixed odds are normal as you said, but the other ones are a little tricky lol
It looks more suited to trading witch is nice, but even there it's still a little confusing. You could add a video with a tutorial or something like that I don't know.

RussianRaibow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 10:02:27 AM

I just came across your site today.  It was the moose that peaked my interest.  It looks like a nice betting platform/prediction market.  I'm particularly interested in some of the bets related to bitcoin, like the possible hard fork and when the next halving will be.  Now I know where to go when I want to bet on something random.

EDIT: I have one question.  How do you ensure that the person who created the bet resolves the bet conclusion honestly?

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER
BetMoose (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 11:08:17 PM

I just came across your site today.  It was the moose that peaked my interest.  It looks like a nice betting platform/prediction market.  I'm particularly interested in some of the bets related to bitcoin, like the possible hard fork and when the next halving will be.  Now I know where to go when I want to bet on something random.

EDIT: I have one question.  How do you ensure that the person who created the bet resolves the bet conclusion honestly?

We're glad you like the Moose Smiley

Please see https://www.betmoose.com/faq#hosting6

In short; hosts make a small commission from their bets, and we have a reputation system in place.

etile

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 09:57:31 PM

incorrect payouts

https://www.betmoose.com/bet/bitcoin-to-top-600-before-aug-2016-1878

The bet says any bets within a week of $600 for YES will be refunded. So 600 happened 11th June, therefore all bets for YES from 5th - 11th June should be refunded if you follow the terms of this bet.

fix please
BetMoose (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2016, 05:44:44 AM

incorrect payouts

https://www.betmoose.com/bet/bitcoin-to-top-600-before-aug-2016-1878

The bet says any bets within a week of $600 for YES will be refunded. So 600 happened 11th June, therefore all bets for YES from 5th - 11th June should be refunded if you follow the terms of this bet.

fix please

Hi etile - we fixed this earlier. You can feel free to email us to get in touch with support - that is the fastest way.

Thanks

Beefheart

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 04:01:42 PM

thinking about checking this place out... thoughts? how are the payouts?
regexlove

Activity: 608
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 10:40:24 PM

"8/15/2016 - Please note deposits and withdrawals may be temporarily delayed while our primary node resyncs with the blockchain."
Why publish an excuse? Technically this is unlikely* and would have be done much sooner.  (*If your primary node is any more than a virtual server hosting for $1/month.)
Thanks
BetMoose (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 04:28:49 PM

Actually technically this is exactly what is going on. We self-host our node locally through the help of some of our partners on a quad core RAID10 machine on a 100Mbps connection and the BC is at about 400K/450 blocks right now indexed. We blame a lack of proper alternatives in the bitcoin ecosystem that allow for use cases like ours.

Sorry for the wait.

Adam

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: