Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:52:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] Introducing: Bitcoin Syndicate, a new mining op trading publicly!  (Read 23198 times)
BinaryMage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Ad astra.

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 01:26:43 AM

Sorry to jump in your thread but RSM is offering 4.56MegaHash/s per BTC invested.  1.664GH/s for £20 of electricity a month.

A competitor's IPO thread is not the place to advertise your own company, regardless of the price.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2012, 01:27:36 AM

Sorry to jump in your thread but RSM is offering 4.56MegaHash/s per BTC invested.  1.664GH/s for £20 of electricity a month.

A competitor's IPO thread is not the place to advertise your own company, regardless of the price.

Kiss

BinaryMage

Ad astra.

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 01:30:08 AM

Kiss

My reply was serious. If this was a comparison thread, advertising would be welcome, but it is not. If you have a valid reason, please enlighten me.

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2012, 01:33:03 AM

Kiss

My reply was serious. If this was a comparison thread, advertising would be welcome, but it is not. If you have a valid reason, please enlighten me.

Only helping potential investors in finding the best profits available on the GLBSE   Kiss

BinaryMage

Ad astra.

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 01:34:43 AM

Only helping potential investors in finding the best profits available on the GLBSE   Kiss

That would be exactly the point of a comparison thread. If you want to advertise what you believe to be better numbers, that would be a great place to put it.

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2012, 01:38:10 AM

That would be exactly the point of a comparison thread. If you want to advertise what you believe to be better numbers, that would be a great place to put it.

I've posted before and Glasswalker wished me luck.  Whats your problem feel bitter at choosing the wrong investment vehicle   Cry

BinaryMage

Ad astra.

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 01:45:39 AM

I've posted before and Glasswalker wished me luck.  Whats your problem feel bitter at choosing the wrong investment vehicle   Cry

And you'll notice I didn't make a fuss about your last post. One post I don't have an issue with, two I can live with, three is just spam. You've already made your prices clear, please don't clutter the thread.

I don't want a flame war, so I'm ending this now. I have expressed my opinion, if you are unwilling to acquiesce so be it.

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2012, 01:47:26 AM

OK dude but I want to finish on that within four months I'll have my third 'bfl single' and 4.56MegaHash/s per BTC invested or the 1.664GH/s for £20 of electricity a month will soon be growing by 50%.  The first one is already being ordered Grin

Glasswalker (OP)

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2012, 02:02:54 AM

...Only helping potential investors in finding the best profits available on the GLBSE...
...I've posted before and Glasswalker wished me luck....

Yes I did wish you luck. I sincerely hope for the success of new business ventures with bitcoin. However your posting here in blatent advertising of your own venture is actually inappropriate, and disrespectful. The Syndicate is paying for advertising to lead people to this thread. And the subject clearly says it's about the Bitcoin Syndicate. People will come here expecting to read about the syndicate. I did offer some basic comparisons of the available competition at the time because it was asked for, beyond that, it's disrespectful to come in here advertising your organization.

This is basically the digital equivalent of an employee from Tony's Pizzeria going a couple blocks down the road with a big sign that says "Tony's Pizzeria charges $1 less than this guy for pizza" And picketing it right outside the entrance to Joe's Pizzeria. It's impolite, and disrespectful.

If you want to educate the masses and convince them that yours is a superior investment, I suggest you post the facts in your thread, and provide abundant and clear information. And let them make their own decision.

Perhaps you were unaware that this was poor etiquette, but I'm now respectfully asking you to please refrain from blatant advertising of your investment in our thread. If you have something legitimate which is about The Bitcoin Syndicate to add, please feel free to do so, or if you find that information posted here is incorrect, feel free to offer corrections. But do not come in here specifically to try and derail the interest we've gathered in this thread, and the advertising that our shareholders have paid for.

Also:
Quote from: matthewh3
Whats your problem feel bitter at choosing the wrong investment vehicle
No need for this to degrade into flaming and attacking other members of the forum. I think we're being extremely professional and polite, and respectfully requesting that you stop advertising here.

If you're concerned about public opinion of your goals and ventures, I suggest you think carefully before demonstrating behavior that could be considered of questionable ethics on the public forums. It will go a long way to helping improve peoples opinion of you, and their faith in this and future investment opportunities you might present.

Thanks!

BattleDrome: Blockchain based Gladiator Combat for fun and profit!
http://www.battledrome.io/
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2012, 02:20:19 AM

...Only helping potential investors in finding the best profits available on the GLBSE...
...I've posted before and Glasswalker wished me luck....

Yes I did wish you luck. I sincerely hope for the success of new business ventures with bitcoin. However your posting here in blatent advertising of your own venture is actually inappropriate, and disrespectful. The Syndicate is paying for advertising to lead people to this thread. And the subject clearly says it's about the Bitcoin Syndicate. People will come here expecting to read about the syndicate. I did offer some basic comparisons of the available competition at the time because it was asked for, beyond that, it's disrespectful to come in here advertising your organization.

This is basically the digital equivalent of an employee from Tony's Pizzeria going a couple blocks down the road with a big sign that says "Tony's Pizzeria charges $1 less than this guy for pizza" And picketing it right outside the entrance to Joe's Pizzeria. It's impolite, and disrespectful.

If you want to educate the masses and convince them that yours is a superior investment, I suggest you post the facts in your thread, and provide abundant and clear information. And let them make their own decision.

Perhaps you were unaware that this was poor etiquette, but I'm now respectfully asking you to please refrain from blatant advertising of your investment in our thread. If you have something legitimate which is about The Bitcoin Syndicate to add, please feel free to do so, or if you find that information posted here is incorrect, feel free to offer corrections. But do not come in here specifically to try and derail the interest we've gathered in this thread, and the advertising that our shareholders have paid for.

Also:
Quote from: matthewh3
Whats your problem feel bitter at choosing the wrong investment vehicle
No need for this to degrade into flaming and attacking other members of the forum. I think we're being extremely professional and polite, and respectfully requesting that you stop advertising here.

If you're concerned about public opinion of your goals and ventures, I suggest you think carefully before demonstrating behavior that could be considered of questionable ethics on the public forums. It will go a long way to helping improve peoples opinion of you, and their faith in this and future investment opportunities you might present.

Thanks!

OK what's your MH/s per BTC invested?  I was just saying I'm offering 4.56MH/s per BTC invested at absolute minimal electricity costs with the chance to improve on that within four month by 50%!  Why are you getting hot under the collar?  Maybe for being expensive?

BinaryMage

Ad astra.

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 02:26:04 AM

OK what's your MH/s per BTC invested?  I was just saying I'm offering 4.56MH/s per BTC invested at absolute minimal electricity costs with the chance to improve on that within four month by 50%!  Why are you getting hot under the collar?  Maybe for being expensive?

At this point you are simply trolling. Two people have respectfully asked you to cease and desist, and you have both not done that and blatantly insulted Glasswalker and myself. Post reported.

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2012, 02:30:40 AM

OK what's your MH/s per BTC invested?  I was just saying I'm offering 4.56MH/s per BTC invested at absolute minimal electricity costs with the chance to improve on that within four month by 50%!  Why are you getting hot under the collar?  Maybe for being expensive?

At this point you are simply trolling. Two people have respectfully asked you to cease and desist, and you have both not done that and blatantly insulted Glasswalker and myself. Post reported.

Your trolling about trolling!  I'm not even bothered if you got me kicked for enlightening your readers as I've all ready ordered my first unit and will finish the IPO by buying all the shares myself if I have to once I've got all the funds!

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2012, 02:39:24 AM

OK what's your MH/s per BTC invested?  I was just saying I'm offering 4.56MH/s per BTC invested at absolute minimal electricity costs with the chance to improve on that within four month by 50%!  Why are you getting hot under the collar?  Maybe for being expensive?

Your trolling about trolling!  I'm not even bothered if you got me kicked for enlightening your readers as I've all ready ordered my first unit and will finish the IPO by buying all the shares myself if I have to once I've got all the funds!

Also this is a PUBLIC forum not your private business!  If these con-artists manage to get me kicked RSM share holders can find me on the blog or at the CoinConnect group!

Glasswalker (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2012, 03:01:53 AM

Wow, I gave you a great opportunity there to demonstrate you are willing to take the high road, and leave quietly, and you not only failed to take it, but you basically took the opposite approach.

Anyway, To quickly answer your question (And not dignify your other comments with a response).

Our MHash/BTC is approximately 4 right now. That will increase rapidly each month.

As for your power numbers, you already claimed you were using GPUs earlier. But if you are now switching to the solution offered by butterfly labs, that's (possibly) an improvement over GPUs. Currently there is some skepticism about their products, though their price/MHash is very attractive. I have contacted them myself asking some very pointed questions to try and clarify some of the more vague specifics on their site.

For example, it makes no sense why their product uses TWICE the power that the current more "diy" grade FPGA solutions (like Icarus, and X6500) consume.

In addition I have concerns that their marketing speak is getting in the way here. And that when they claim 832MHash/s they are in fact talking about raw SHA256 hashes. Which anyone with familiarity with the details of bitcoin mining, is aware it takes TWO SHA256 hashes to result in one "bitcoin hash". So if they are in fact trying this marketing doubletalk, then you're only going to see 416MHash of bitcoin performance out of that "Single" box of theirs. (if it is able to pull off 832MHash for the price they offer, that is awesome however).

I do hope they are able to come through on their promises. If they can in fact, their "Rig Box" is a fantastic deal, and I may consider aquiring one for the syndicate. But if they can't come through and deliver as promised, the Syndicate has some tricks of our own up our sleeves (for one I'm in the middle right now of developing our own FPGA solution that should come close to the price performance ratio offered by butterflylabs while doubling their power efficiency numbers) giving the syndicate a distinct growth advantage. (though if butterfly labs comes through there is no sense re-inventing the wheel).

I've emailed them to clarify this, and am waiting on a response.

Also I hope you've thought out and planned your advertised growth rate, to confirm if you can actually meet the forecasts your advertising. If you can, more power to you, and I applaud you for your success. But if you find your calculations were way off, and you fall short, you might have a lot of angry shareholders on your hands. I'm not saying you can't do it, but your growth numbers you are claiming here appear at first glance to be a little "too good to be true" (some of which might be the better price performance ratio of the butterflylabs gear, which is still to be confirmed).

Anyway, I don't hope to get you banned from the forums, and I do agree this is a public discussion place. You have your right to free speech. But with that right, comes the ability to choose when and how to execute that right. And choosing to behave in a way that's established as poor etiquette, and disrespectful of others, and then continuing to do so when requested very politely to stop does nothing but demonstrate that you are being aggressive and confrontational for the sake of confrontation.

Best of luck!

Glasswalker (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2012, 04:14:26 AM

Thanks for the link holliday, that helps answer one other question I posed for them (a testimonial from a happy customer).

In followup interestingly enough, butterfly labs contacted me back only moments after posting that previous message. I have gone back and forth a couple times with them, and their answers certainly seem valid. They confirmed they do in fact mean "Bitcoin MHash" not raw SHA256. And that the power usage numbers are because the architecture of their chips is significantly different than conventional FPGA setups.

I'm negotiating with them now to confirm payment options (right now they don't accept payment via bitcoin which is a deal breaker for the syndicate, but they mentioned mtgox codes which may work for us).

If this is an option it will be considered alongside all other options for our first expansion wave. And whichever gives us the largest number of MHash/s for our BTC investment will likely be the way we go (based on voting of course).

So far this looks like it's superior to FPGA options. I'm impressed, I didn't expect that to come around so quickly... Well as always, we aren't tied to a single tech, our goals are to seek out the best means to grow, so we'll evaluate these seriously.

Glasswalker (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2012, 11:59:45 PM

Ok, I've done the research on the various mining options. For those of you who are shareholders, PLEASE register on the btcsyn forums, and contact me via the contact form to provide your username and transaction id for your share purchase. So I can grant you shareholder access..

I've posted a poll at http://forum.btcsyn.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13 so that we can vote to decide on the best option for our mining hardware purchase. Please vote ASAP so we can move onto raising a motion for the purchase.

Here is the data I collected (if you are one of these manufacturers, and I got something wrong, let me know! Or if you would like to offer/suggest a better option than what's listed, we're open to that too!)

ZTEX:
210MH/s 9.4W $350 USD (in batches of 10 at a time). $65 in flat rate shipping on whole order
So for our total of 1700BTC (successful IPO) we get:
24 boards = 5.0 GHash/s @ 225 Watt

Icarus:
380MH/s 19.5W $500? USD (in quantity, waiting for accurate quote )
So for our total of 1700BTC we get:
16 boards = 6.0GHash/s @ 312 Watt

X6500:
400MH/s 19.5W? $550 USD (in quantity 10+)
For our total 1700BTC we get:
15 boards = 6.0GHash/s @ 292 Watt?
(Exact per-card wattage unconfirmed)

Butterfly Labs:
832MH/s 80W $599 USD ($34 USD shipping flat on whole order)
So for the 1700BTC we get:
14 units = 11.6GHash/s @ 1120 Watt

Also our share value will likely increase significantly after our IPO is done and our mining gear wave 1 arrives. So now is your chance to get in still at 0.25BTC per share!

Glasswalker (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2012, 02:01:30 AM

The numbers in the poll are based on ALL shares being sold (I'm pre-emptively deciding on tech. The reason being we may do a partial order midway through IPO to get the mining going while the remaining IPO completes).

So to do apples to apples, I'm comparing how much we could get (MHash/Watts) for 1700BTC with each option

Also the BFL Gear is 2X more power, not 4X. (FPGA options are 400MHash but 20W, BFL is 800MHash but 80W)

The BFL Singles are less efficient for sure, and aren't sustainable in the long run. But at double the power, for the first batch, that loss in efficiency is acceptable, at the benefit of DOUBLE the performance for the same price. To get us started. That means day one we jump to 18GHash/s instead of 12Ghash/s and that means we can buy more gear each month, growing that much faster.

The BFL Rig boxes are equal in power efficiency to FPGA, and way better price/performance point, but unfortunately we have no way to access a $30K box right now.

I agree longterm I would prefer either:
- A large FPGA setup using Icarus/X6500
- A large FPGA cluster using our own design
- A BFL Rig

As those are the best possible ROI right now (I've calculated full 2 year projections for all options).

But we need to get established and begin our growth cycle first to prove our success. Then we can seek methods to fund a larger investment in more efficient gear (And then resell the BFL Singles once they have been replaced with more efficient gear if we decide that makes sense)

Just my thoughts on the matter though.

Glasswalker (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2012, 04:24:15 AM

I've raised a motion to spend 8BTC of current mining profits to extend our ad for one more week while the IPO completes.

It's Motion ID 77, and it will run until the 26th, (the deadline to renew the ad is the 27th)

Please log into GLBSE and vote on the motion.

The motion text:
Motion to pay another 8BTC from our current mining profits as an operational expense in order to secure another ad slot on bitcointalk.org for 7 more days. Our current ad expires Monday. The current ad has resulted in driving 73 clicks directly to our page from the ad. In addition it drives traffic to the bitcointalk forum thread, which also links to the site (resulting in 380 more overall clicks this week). So at 8BTC for an estimated 250 relevant clicks, I think this advertising is worth it until the IPO completes. This purchase is still pending approval from the treasurer, and even with successful motion will not be completed without treasurer approval.

Glasswalker (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2012, 03:25:12 PM

Quick Update. I'll be running the poll until 10PM EST tonight for deciding on mining hardware. That leaves approximately 12 hours to get signed up and cast your vote.

Thanks!

kronosvl

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 03:50:21 PM

Glasswalker I have a question.

In Bylaws it says founding members loan mining hardware in exchange for shares and an algorithm is described for quantifying the number of shares each one receives. This loan can be interrupted in the following conditions (copy-paste from bylaws):

This contribution of hardware will be a loan. The hardware will be returned to the original owner when one of the following conditions is met (whichever comes first)
- Midnight on March 31st 2013 is reached (one year from the end of the initial ipo period)
- The average mining power of hardware fully owned by the Syndicate (measured and averaged over a 30 day period) exceeds 10 GHash/s
- The Syndicate is dissolved via the terms of section 3.5
- A motion is passed under the normal terms of section 3.3 which ends the loan period prematurely, granting the hardware back to the original owner

And calculations for Butterfly Labs solution:
Butterfly Labs:
832MH/s 80W $599 USD ($34 USD shipping flat on whole order)
So for the 1700BTC we get:
14 units = 11.6GHash/s @ 1120 Watt

That means that in about 1 month of receiving singles (if this will be the approach voted) founding members can halt their loan and remain with the shares although the initial idea(and calculation for shares) was for the loan to last about 1 year?

Donations are accepted @: 19Uk8zVhdgfrRo5Z6wH9yghWxZUtdiNtX9
OTC: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewgpg.php?nick=kronosvl
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: